Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 05:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Trying to stay focused. I am beginning to realize that I am definitely an emotional eater. We had to put our Yorkie to sleep yesterday afternoon and since then I have been wanting to put everything in my mouth. Thankfully, I have stayed on program and haven't gone off plan. It is just so hard to lose a pet that you have been having for 10 years. I think I have cleaned my house more in the last day than I have done all month. In order not to put food in my mouth, I am trying to stay busy.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:45 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisiana chick View Post
Trying to stay focused. I am beginning to realize that I am definitely an emotional eater. We had to put our Yorkie to sleep yesterday afternoon and since then I have been wanting to put everything in my mouth. Thankfully, I have stayed on program and haven't gone off plan. It is just so hard to lose a pet that you have been having for 10 years. I think I have cleaned my house more in the last day than I have done all month. In order not to put food in my mouth, I am trying to stay busy.
I'm sorry for your loss. I had to put my old horse down last year and it was so heartbreaking - he was with me for 23 years.

Hang in there...stay on plan. Keeping busy is a good thing.
Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #63  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
I am so sorry about your pet. They are like family members, aren't they?

Congrats staying OP today. Do whatever it takes to help yourself stay OP. If cleaning is helping you, then keep it up!
Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156.8/146.6/130

Height: 5'-3"

I hope you all can help me. My urine color has been pretty clear since beginning IP - I have consistantly drank 80 ounces of water. (I'm wearing a hole in the carpet on the way to my bathroom)

Last night my urine turned a bright yellow color. I don't suspect it is from the vitamins as I have been on the plan for a full week and had no change. I'm wondering if it is ketosis but I would hope I would have already been in ketosis since I've been on the plan for a week.

My other guess is a change in vegetables. Yesterday was the first time I sauteed mushrooms.......they are such a welcome change from all the green vegetables I've been eating - cucumbers, spinach leaves, pickles, and green peppers.

Any thoughts?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:48 PM   #65  

Height: 5'7'

There are so many people with GREAT losses today - congratulations to all of you! You are proof that if you stay OP this diet works.

I just ate a bag of the white chedder chips for a snack. I love them!
Old 10-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
I'm know how you're feeling. We had to put down our dog a couple of years ago that we had for 13 years. I still cry when I think of him. In the meantime hang in there and be kind to yourself.
Old 10-14-2011, 06:18 PM   #67  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
By all means ditch the soups and anything else that's high in sodium. Add mushrooms, asparagus and raw onions, and any other natural diuretic vegetables you can think of. As to lean muscle mass, etc., unless your coach is using a VERY sophisticate calculator for percentage of lean muscle mass, I THINK, what she may be using will be inaccurate given the excess water. Please check this out, OK? I'm not saying that you haven't lost muscle mass; just that you should get a second opinion, so to speak.

Edit: Regardless, your losses are fantastic.
Not sure how sophisticated the BMI calculator is. It's some type of round device that you hold with your outstretched arms. It measures your BMI, lean muscle mass and hydration.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:14 PM   #68  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
That's funny I live in Alberta now and I was thinking no they don't. Then I checked my license and realized it is on there. But it is in kgs so I never paid any attention to it. Now I'll have to check that in pounds. But I probably lied to them about it is the first place anyway .
Haha yep they sure do in Alberta, but I don't think I increased my weight from the day I first got my license..lol.

When I moved here to Sask I was waiting for the question but he didn't ask, I know it's for emergency reasons so that they give you the correct amount of meds if needed, but I seriously was not looking to giving him my weight when I was at my highest weight ever!
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #69  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Awe, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I have two boxers and I am not looking forward to the day that they have to leave us.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #70  
Dee2

S/C/G: 196/186/145 (JC 5-11)

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Haha yep they sure do in Alberta, but I don't think I increased my weight from the day I first got my license..lol.

When I moved here to Sask I was waiting for the question but he didn't ask, I know it's for emergency reasons so that they give you the correct amount of meds if needed, but I seriously was not looking to giving him my weight when I was at my highest weight ever!
Well I have been able to get by on my weight (145 only in Kgs) for years until this year!! Seriously!! I was already on the other diet and not only did the motor vehicles lady want a new pic but also my "current" weight! LOL, I should've denied there was any change I wonder what she would've put on my license? I wonder what the cost is to ask them to change the pic?? Probably humiliation when they ask me to move to the side and call "NEXT" to the people waiting in line
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Awe, I'm so sorry

Good for you for staying OP....
Old 10-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnhound1 View Post
I hope you all can help me. My urine color has been pretty clear since beginning IP - I have consistantly drank 80 ounces of water. (I'm wearing a hole in the carpet on the way to my bathroom)

Last night my urine turned a bright yellow color. I don't suspect it is from the vitamins as I have been on the plan for a full week and had no change. I'm wondering if it is ketosis but I would hope I would have already been in ketosis since I've been on the plan for a week.

My other guess is a change in vegetables. Yesterday was the first time I sauteed mushrooms.......they are such a welcome change from all the green vegetables I've been eating - cucumbers, spinach leaves, pickles, and green peppers.

Any thoughts?
Actually I think it is the calcium that causes the bright yellow colour. Maybe it had to build up im your system for a while.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:40 PM   #73  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Hi IPers, Just dropping by to say hello and share that I lost 3.8 lbs this week. SO happy with the loss.

NSV: I walk at the local Y on my lunch hour, and a stranger commented today that she noticed I had lost a lot of weight and that "I had a tiny butt now." LOL! Another lady at the Y asked if I was a fitness coach that worked there. Dang, that felt good!

Remain Strong! Hope to catch up with your scale and NSV in the morning. Off to play bingo with the girls. It's a weird small-town thing with my coworkers.

Jo
Old 10-14-2011, 09:50 PM   #74  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

I had my consultation today and came home with 28 assorted bags. I cannot say I was surprised by my weight...ugh! Starting tomorrow on the program, so I will not have a "binge weekend". Really excited and looking forward to having a lower weight when I renew my Alberta Licence!! lol
Old 10-14-2011, 10:24 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
I had my consultation today and came home with 28 assorted bags. I cannot say I was surprised by my weight...ugh! Starting tomorrow on the program, so I will not have a "binge weekend". Really excited and looking forward to having a lower weight when I renew my Alberta Licence!! lol
Welcome to the plan. I guess we in Alberta have an extra insentive to lose with the driver's license issue!
Closed Thread