Old 10-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #1  
alaskagirl

Unhappy Getting discouraged... no loss for 2 weeks

I feel like im getting very discouraged here... I have not lost for 2 weeks (going into my 6th week). I work remote and have been weighing myself and have not lost for 2 weeks. Not real sure what to do here... other than have a candybar
Help.....
akscutest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:50 PM   #2  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

NOOOOO candy bars!!!!.....write down what you are eating and we will try to figure out where you are going wrong if anywhere. DON"T GIVE UP!!!....how close are you to your goal?
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:59 PM   #3  
alaskagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
NOOOOO candy bars!!!!.....write down what you are eating and we will try to figure out where you are going wrong if anywhere. DON"T GIVE UP!!!....how close are you to your goal?
I am 40lbs away from where I want to be. I lost 17 my first 3 weeks. BTW, you are so awesome and such a sweetheart! You look GREAT! congrats on your success... I will start writing down what I eat.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:05 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by akscutest View Post
I am 40lbs away from where I want to be. I lost 17 my first 3 weeks. BTW, you are so awesome and such a sweetheart! You look GREAT! congrats on your success... I will start writing down what I eat.
Thanks, if you write down what you eat then we can figure out that maybe you are not getting everything you need or maybe too much of something. 17lbs in 3 weeks is a lot, it may be just your body catching up. Just remember YOU DID NOT GAIN!!!! that is the key....we can be happy about that. Are you measuring yourself? maybe you are losing inches. I had one week where I loss NO lbs or inches and have been completely 100% OP. My body just had to catch up
Old 10-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #5  
alaskagirl

One thing that is different now it that my doc prescribed me a pain med that I take a 1/2 of on occassion. I don't think I have been getting my full 4 cups of veggies a day (but I am trying) and I need to up my water. I can tell you what tonight will consist of
for Breakfast I had IP cran/blueberry granita and a americano
Lunch: IP cream of chicken soup mixed with mushrooms and broccoli
Dinner: a couple pieces of london broil (that is the meat that was served tonight) with some califlower
I have not been measuring
Old 10-14-2011, 12:44 AM   #6  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Sounds like you really need to get on plan; measure your meat/veggies, get all your water and your veggies in everyday. Skipping those essential items can through your body off. If you're not getting enough protein and other essentials your body can't maintain Ketosis. Without following the plan you're not helping yourself in the long run. You can do it, just need to work at it.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 01:01 AM   #7  
alaskagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y Guy View Post
Sounds like you really need to get on plan; measure your meat/veggies, get all your water and your veggies in everyday. Skipping those essential items can through your body off. If you're not getting enough protein and other essentials your body can't maintain Ketosis. Without following the plan you're not helping yourself in the long run. You can do it, just need to work at it.
Yes, I agree, I need to make sure I drink my water and measure everything. I bought a rubbermaid tupperware that is 2 cups so that's easy with my veggies. last week I had no appetite and this week I feel like im starving. I have the ketostix and it's still dark.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:17 AM   #8  

I agree with YGuy, you need to make sure you are measuring your amounts correctly. It sounds to me like you are not getting enough food in daily. Depending on what kinda pain meds you are on you could be retaining water. I know when my arthritis is in full swing I lose less. what is the americano?
Old 10-14-2011, 02:32 AM   #9  
alaskagirl

americano is espresso and water... just like black coffee.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:48 AM   #10  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

I've gone through a couple of weeks where I felt hungry at odd times. I've made sure I picked up some of the items that had more salt, like the BBQ ridges that seems to have helped. Good work on the veggies, if 2 cups at once is too much I'd have a cup, then wait an hour and have the other cup. The meat/protein is just as important too. What's your coach been saying?
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:23 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 171.8/155.8/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
One thing that is different now it that my doc prescribed me a pain med that I take a 1/2 of on occassion.
I have a quote from livestrong.com regarding "side effects to pain medications" but before I share it I want to preface this by saying contact your Dr. before you make any decisions about changes in your medication! I have back problems and I know that this can be an issue with pain meds, livestrong.com said "Pain medications slow down your bowel motility". I also know that when you are in pain your body can retain fluid to help protect/heal the area in pain.

Hopefully your Dr knows all about your being on IP and will be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited by Wildcatinwa; 10-14-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Wildcatinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:42 PM   #12  
Started IP 7-14-11

S/C/G: 280/197.2/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I feel like im getting very discouraged here... I have not lost for 2 weeks (going into my 6th week). I work remote and have been weighing myself and have not lost for 2 weeks. Not real sure what to do here... other than have a candybar
Help.....
I was having a slow two weeks also and I am a huge coffee drinker. This week I cut back my caffinee to 1 cup per day and I lost 4.8 pounds this week. Remember: for every cup of caffinee, drink a cup of water. I bought a Keurig and I drink decaffinated tea throughout the day when I am home. Don't get discouraged, just get more determined!
futureskinnygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 182/136.4/130

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Yes, I agree, I need to make sure I drink my water and measure everything. I bought a rubbermaid tupperware that is 2 cups so that's easy with my veggies. last week I had no appetite and this week I feel like im starving. I have the ketostix and it's still dark.
I've been researching the ketostix as I was showing negative or trace. What I found was if you are on a low carb diet it very well may read trace, if it reads dark it could be an indication of dehydration - just a thought.
thin4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 10:20 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
I've been researching the ketostix as I was showing negative or trace. What I found was if you are on a low carb diet it very well may read trace, if it reads dark it could be an indication of dehydration - just a thought.
That sounds like not enough water could well be the problem. I haven't heard of anyone having the dark reading on the ketostx while on the program.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #15  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

I noticed that you didn't mention having an IP snack or a 3rd packet. Are you? If not, you may not be getting enough calories so your body would be holding on to the weight. Just a thought.
pink parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote