IP Daily Chat - Thursday 10/13/2011

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Good morning, everyone!

I love love love seeing all the success and support here.

WI for me is in 2 hours. I can't wait! (that's so weird)

My home scale said I'm down 5 - which I was initially disappointed with. Then I thought to myself "WHY are you disappointed? That is 5 pounds less than you have been carrying for YEARS. Embrace it!"

So I am!

In all honesty, I was not 100% on plan - so I'm lucky I get the 5 pounds. I'm expecting inches to be good - I FEEL smaller and my clothes are definately looser.

I know what I need to focus on this next week to get the numbers I REALLY want. Get the salt in! Eat enough vegetables! No, none, nada, zip cheats. And I need to inform my boyfriend so that he doesn't tempt me by mistake. He knows I love Chai tea and will bring me one from Starbucks as a surprise - and never remembers that I always do it skinny so it is even worse than what I used to do.

Sweet guy....totally my fault for not being upfront. I intended to surprise him but it's more important to be supported in staying on plan.

Kudos to all of you - your commitment is inspiring.
  • Weekly weigh-in this morning
    Down 4.8 after my 4th week. That's 27 lbs and 14 in. so far! My 2nd week was 6.8 lbs but the last two have been closer to 5 lbs. Coach thinks I should be able to maintain 6/week. I have to drink more water and eat less of the veggies I like. One dinner this week I had 4 cups of cauliflower.

He told me to think of it this way. If I maintain 5/week I'll hit my target early May. 6/week and I'll get there early April. If I can achieve 7/week it's mid-March.
  • Quote: Thank you! isn't it time for you to post a new picture?...haha
    Haha, it sure is. I'll need to do my hair first, it's pretty flat today..lol.
  • Quote: Good morning, everyone!

I love love love seeing all the success and support here.

WI for me is in 2 hours. I can't wait! (that's so weird)

My home scale said I'm down 5 - which I was initially disappointed with. Then I thought to myself "WHY are you disappointed? That is 5 pounds less than you have been carrying for YEARS. Embrace it!"

So I am!

In all honesty, I was not 100% on plan - so I'm lucky I get the 5 pounds. I'm expecting inches to be good - I FEEL smaller and my clothes are definately looser.

I know what I need to focus on this next week to get the numbers I REALLY want. Get the salt in! Eat enough vegetables! No, none, nada, zip cheats. And I need to inform my boyfriend so that he doesn't tempt me by mistake. He knows I love Chai tea and will bring me one from Starbucks as a surprise - and never remembers that I always do it skinny so it is even worse than what I used to do.

Sweet guy....totally my fault for not being upfront. I intended to surprise him but it's more important to be supported in staying on plan.

Kudos to all of you - your commitment is inspiring.
    Great job, now NO cheating!!

Quote: Down 4.8 after my 4th week. That's 27 lbs and 14 in. so far! My 2nd week was 6.8 lbs but the last two have been closer to 5 lbs. Coach thinks I should be able to maintain 6/week. I have to drink more water and eat less of the veggies I like. One dinner this week I had 4 cups of cauliflower.

He told me to think of it this way. If I maintain 5/week I'll hit my target early May. 6/week and I'll get there early April. If I can achieve 7/week it's mid-March.
    That is awesome, keep up the great work.
  • WI #10: -2.0, Yay!! 38 lbs for the total!
  • Quote: Down 4.8 after my 4th week. That's 27 lbs and 14 in. so far! My 2nd week was 6.8 lbs but the last two have been closer to 5 lbs. Coach thinks I should be able to maintain 6/week. I have to drink more water and eat less of the veggies I like. One dinner this week I had 4 cups of cauliflower.

Awesome job on the WI, Wayward seems to have the 5lb or more a week goal as well. Guys always seem to rock better than us women when it comes to losing weight, but WE catch up eventually....haha...Keep up the great job

Quote: WI #10: -2.0, Yay!! 38 lbs for the total!

I made a collage of pics of my mom and I and put it on my profile. She said she knew she had loss weight but didn't realize just how much til I put the pics together...haha

WOOHOO!!!!! 2more lbs you don't have to deal with that is fantastic, keep it up!!
  • I know! I did weigh myself almost every other day and had some ups and downs but I didn't let it eat at me like I normally do. My friend on IP asked how I got such a big loss and I said, "I'm not sure but do you want to know what I different this week? I ate all the veggies and ate my whole bar. Funny how when you eat more you lose more." I am sure my little losses the last few weeks have something to do with it also but still......[/QUOTE]

I eat half a bar but am on alternatives. I use pure protein bars and adkins bars. I was worried about eating a whole one being that they are slightly higher in calories than IP bars.
    Sometimes I will eat half at lunch and the second half at before bed snack.
    do you think I will get better results eating a whole bar instead of a half for one of those and just having a shake for the other?
  • Quote: I know! I did weigh myself almost every other day and had some ups and downs but I didn't let it eat at me like I normally do. My friend on IP asked how I got such a big loss and I said, "I'm not sure but do you want to know what I different this week? I ate all the veggies and ate my whole bar. Funny how when you eat more you lose more." I am sure my little losses the last few weeks have something to do with it also but still......
    I eat half a bar but am on alternatives. I use pure protein bars and adkins bars. I was worried about eating a whole one being that they are slightly higher in calories than IP bars.
    do you think I will get better results eating a whole bar instead of a half for one of those and just having a shake for the other?[/QUOTE]

My mom used the Pure Protein bars and she ate the WHOLE bar for lunch (1.76 oz bar, 200 calories)and had the shakes for breakfast and her snack at night. She would put it in the blender with ice so it would make it thicker so she would eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it just a suggestion
  • [QUOTE=wuv2bloved;406974

My mom used the Pure Protein bars and she ate the WHOLE bar for lunch and had the shakes for breakfast and her snack at night. She would put it in the blender with ice so it would make it thicker so she would eat it with a spoon instead of drinking it just a suggestion[/QUOTE]

I usually have a shake or an egg omelet with 1c vegi and 1 egg for breakfast depending on how fast I gotta get out the door.
    I will try eating a whole bar with lunch for a week or so and see what i get for results.
  • Quote: I know! I did weigh myself almost every other day and had some ups and downs but I didn't let it eat at me like I normally do. My friend on IP asked how I got such a big loss and I said, "I'm not sure but do you want to know what I different this week? I ate all the veggies and ate my whole bar. Funny how when you eat more you lose more." I am sure my little losses the last few weeks have something to do with it also but still......
    do you think I will get better results eating a whole bar instead of a half for one of those and just having a shake for the other?[/QUOTE]

I only use Atkins products and I was only eating half because I just wasn't hungry. I sometimes eat half at 4 when I get home from work and half around 8 at night but most of the time I eat the whole thing now at 8:30 or so. I have been a lot more hungry now that I'm eating everything. Is that normal? When I wasn't eating I wasn't even ever hungry.

Also, has anyone had ham? My hubby bought a whole ham and since he works at the store part time he sliced it really thin into sandwich meat. I have to grab dinner super fast tonight and was thinking a couple of slices of that sounds kinda yummy. I have stayed away because of the sodium but I have a whole week to lose water weight.

I just sat and figured it out and TOM should be here about Wed or Thurs next week, just my luck, so I will savor this 4 pound loss because next week won't be a good one!
  • I haven't been on in like a week! Life & work have been a whirlwind lately. Week one on P2 went well. I mostly did eggs for breakfast instead of a real protein at lunch. It's just easier to hard boil a bunch ahead of time. I like a fast breakfast. Not sure what I'm going to do on P3!!!
    I also lost 1.2lbs my first P2 week! Next week I am off to a conference and won't be able to WI, so I'll actually be doing P2 for 3 weeks.
  • I will chime in on the bars as well.
    I have been pushed and pushed to increase my protein the last month or so due to too much exercise and muscle loss over the past 2 weeks.
    When I ride my bike I eat a pure protein bar after riding, this is 20g of protein and when I get back from the track at night I have a whey shake with 2 scoops that is 52g of protein total before I have dinner.
    I started doing this last week, my weight loss for this week was just 2lbs but I gained 5 more pounds of lean muscle mass and my body fat went down 3% just in one week.
    Needless to say I am going to go ahead and keep adding the extra protein when I exercise, I will also add they have me on at least 10oz of protein at night for dinner as well.
    I know I am not the normal you hear, many of you are at 6 or 8oz of protein, but they found with my quick body fat losses and the amount of exercise I added to my life, between 35-50 miles a week depending that I needed the extra.
    Your results may vary....
  • I do some strength training with the Wiifit a few times a week. I didnt think it would make that big of a difference but I can definitely feel my core muscles getting stronger.
    I have also heard that it is better to use a restricted in morning or lunch and avoid it for the evening snack which is another reason I only have half a bar at that snack.
    I find that the atkin's bars, although they are super yummy, tend to have more calories than the Pure protein bars. The atkin's bars are almost too yummy and have me craving them so I don't think I will continue buying them and just stick with the pure protein.
    What type of whey protein shake do you use. I also use a whey. Mine is premier nutrition. it has 30g of protein for 2 scoops with 6oz water. I end up putting twice the amount of water in it and sometimes blending it with ice. Yum!
    The bars and the shake are about the only thing I use, mostly because of the price or the availability of the products. I do have a few WF dressings but they taste funny. Everything else is vegi's and meat.
  • I stalled a little as I got to the last few pounds and I ate more (an extra pack because I was more active) and I lost more (but also drank more). Might be worth a try.

I also cut the bar into little pieces (like candy) and freeze it - it is way more fulfilling to have 30 little pieces of candy (I used to eat the bars in big bites .
  • Not sure how I did that!! I just hit "quote" and reply