Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #1  
Started IP 7/7/2010
Thread Starter
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default Starting over Monday

I'm beginning IP again on Monday. I phased off last year around Thanksgiving before I had completely reached my goal. Maintained for a while, had some medical issues that threw everything off kilter and have slowly regained 25 pounds of the 85 I had lost. Now, I'm basically where I was last September. I know the discipline it takes to do this program and I'm actually looking forward to it.

I've set my goal a little lower than I had before, but I'm psyching myself up to think the weight loss just won't be as good the second time around. (I'll be happy if I'm wrong but won't feel like I failed if it proves true!)

For those that remember me, life is rather different. In addition to homeschooling and being a full-time student, I'm also working full-time. I love my job, but means I'm really busy. To add to everything, my oldest daughter is getting married in August so there is a wedding to plan.

I'm still dancing several nights a week which means I really need to monitor things closely but I have a great doctor to support me on the plan.

As for goals, my first is a showcase I'm dancing with my husband in March in front of a few hundred people where I'd really like my legs to look good in whatever sexy costume I'm going to be wearing and the second is, of course, my daughter's wedding. I'm pretty motivated. (Will someone please remind me of this motivation on Tuesday when I'm feeling yucky on my way into ketosis? )

It's good to see some familiar names here. I'm not certain how much I'll make it here with things as busy as they are but it's really nice to know you are here.

You are all in my prayers for dedication to being the best version of yourself!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #2  
Senior Member
 
DanafromAustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 2,029

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Default

Welcome back and good luck on the plan. You sound like a very busy mom and wife. I also homeschool my youngest child which keeps me on my toes. Hang in there the first couple of days and it to shall pass as they say.
DanafromAustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #3  
Second time around
 
iowahawkeyemom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iowa
Posts: 426

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Default

Welcome back!

Stop on over at the hard time restarting thread. There's a few of us that were on 3fatchicks last fall and have also restarted IP. We're in this together!
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 07:00 AM   #4  
Re-started IP 9.7.11
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Berlin, Germany
Posts: 2,589

Height: 5' 4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I'm beginning IP again on Monday. I phased off last year around Thanksgiving before I had completely reached my goal. Maintained for a while, had some medical issues that threw everything off kilter and have slowly regained 25 pounds of the 85 I had lost. Now, I'm basically where I was last September. I know the discipline it takes to do this program and I'm actually looking forward to it.
Just yesterday I was skimming through October 2010, saw your picture, and wondered how you were doing? It's lovely to see you, under any circumstances. As busy as you are, the simplicity of the program might actually be a godsend and I know your girls will help out as much as they can. I actually found it easier this time. Come join us.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #5  
Started IP 7/7/2010
Thread Starter
 
Marionm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Marion, IA
Posts: 608

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome back and good luck on the plan. You sound like a very busy mom and wife. I also homeschool my youngest child which keeps me on my toes. Hang in there the first couple of days and it to shall pass as they say.
Yeah after 16 years of doing this, it's pretty much a way of life. Some days I can't believe that I only have one child left to teach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Welcome back!

Stop on over at the hard time restarting thread. There's a few of us that were on 3fatchicks last fall and have also restarted IP. We're in this together!
I will pop over there. Thanks. I was a little intimidated by the length and my need to feel like I read everything before I jump in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Just yesterday I was skimming through October 2010, saw your picture, and wondered how you were doing? It's lovely to see you, under any circumstances. As busy as you are, the simplicity of the program might actually be a godsend and I know your girls will help out as much as they can. I actually found it easier this time. Come join us.
Hi Linden. I think I'm doing pretty well all things considered. Here's a link to a dance routine I did at our studio. I'm the tallest one, second from the left. All three of my girls are actually in it as well.

Okay, time to figure out why my daughters aren't up yet!

I actually made that very comment about simplicity to my doctor yesterday when we discussed my restart. It will just make food something I don't have to think about which I really like.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #6  
Aspiring Goddess
 
ladyrayado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 122

S/C/G: 176/139/120

Height: 5'2

Default

Welcome back, and the best of luck to you!
ladyrayado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:04 AM   #7  
Started IP Oct. 17, 2011
 
Mickeymom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Virginia
Posts: 123

Default

Hello. I am starting on Monday as well...but this will be my first time on the program. My husband is doing the program with me but he doesn't have nearly the same weight to lose.

Good luck to you and I guess we will be chatting next week to compare
Week 1.

Take care
Mickeymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is there any sense "starting over" in the middle of the afternoon? Truffle 100 lb. Club 22 08-18-2010 10:37 PM
Starting Over Leenie Carb Counters 80 07-26-2004 11:35 PM
STARTING OVER #33...Newcomers Welcome CGBuzz WW At Home 26 07-01-2001 06:54 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.