Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 152/152/140

Height: 5'3"

Happy Monday! Day 2 of Phase I...can't believe how much 8 oz. of whole food is at dinner! I can barely eat it all. I'm definitely not hungry. Thanks for all the encouraging posts, they really are great to read & learn. Love this website!!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 PM   #77  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink parrothead View Post
Down another 3 pounds - only 3 from goal! I decided to stay on Phase I for one more week to give myself a little cushion and to make my life simple. DH went for a physical last Thurs., had to take a stress test on Fri., failed that, was put in the hospital and had an angiogram. They found 100% blockage in the biggest artery in his heart and put a stent in. The nickname for what they found is called "the widow maker". The great news is that is was found and he is doing great. I'm closing in in Phase II and he now HAS to change his eating habits, which will make eating together so much easier.
Way to go Pink!!.....sorry to hear about your DH but glad he is doing well keep us posted, your family will be in my prayers
Old 10-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #78  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverrat View Post
Happy Monday! Day 2 of Phase I...can't believe how much 8 oz. of whole food is at dinner! I can barely eat it all. I'm definitely not hungry. Thanks for all the encouraging posts, they really are great to read & learn. Love this website!!!
Glad you aren't hungry but eat all of your meal, that is a plus for sure. Get everything you are suppose to get in for the whole day. This site is great!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #79  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Thanks, Lisa. Much appreciated.
Old 10-10-2011, 11:19 PM   #80  
Started IP on 7/15/2011

S/C/G: 184/161/130

Height: 5ft4in

Smile

It has been forever and a day since I've posted, but I've been creepin' on here several times a week! Work has been insane and my move is coming up at the end of the month...I cannot wait till it's over. I still don't know my exact move-in date (still waiting to hear if I can get in a few days early) and I am getting frustrated. But I know that once I get settled into my new place I will really like it.

IP is going well-I had a few weeks where I stalled, but now I am 21 lbs away from goal...and if you pay attention to the BMI, I am 6 lbs away from the normal range for my age and height...still 15 lbs over my goal, but it helps I'm close to that! I've been averaging 4-5 lbs lost a week, so I figure I'm close to being done with phase 1 so long as I don't have anymore stalls.

I can't believe how wonderful our weather has been lately! I've been able to get lots of walks in with my dog-a good way to get in some exercise and kill some of her energy. Speaking of exercise, I'm having a hard time motivating myself to get up a routine. When I started IP, I decided I was going to start out by just focusing on that and that not trying to do so many lifestyle changes at once...but now that I'm more than half way done with that, I need to take the next step and start incorporating regular exercise. When I do go, I notice that I don't get winded as much as I did 33 lbs ago, but actually hauling myself down to the fitness center is the hard part. Tomorrow morning I go into work later than normal so i am planning on doing my pilates DVD when I get up. Anyone have any suggestions?

Hope all is well!
Old 10-11-2011, 12:07 AM   #81  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Wild flower - congrats wonderful pictures, and congrats on phase 3

Everyone else congrats on your weekend NSVs and SVs. Have a great night all.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:15 AM   #82  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 164/127/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi there

Hi again,

boyz4us, you're right, we're pretty similar in stats. Let's see how we do!

I had my initial consultation with my coach today and he seems great overall... he got me measured and set up, and I was blow away by my percent body fat being 36%! I don't even want to put that number in writing, but I need to stay at honest as possible here.

36% is officially in the "at risk" group. That's a wake up call!

I officially start the protocol on Friday. I'm going to try to start weening off the carbs and sugar for the next four days in an attempt to make the transition easier.

Happy Monday to all.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:13 AM   #83  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzyizzy View Post
Hi again,

boyz4us, you're right, we're pretty similar in stats. Let's see how we do!

I had my initial consultation with my coach today and he seems great overall... he got me measured and set up, and I was blow away by my percent body fat being 36%! I don't even want to put that number in writing, but I need to stay at honest as possible here.

36% is officially in the "at risk" group. That's a wake up call!

I officially start the protocol on Friday. I'm going to try to start weening off the carbs and sugar for the next four days in an attempt to make the transition easier.

Happy Monday to all.
I am glad to hear you had a great consultation and are set to go! Yes, the numbers are a bit scary to admit but you are right-honesty and no excuses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink parrothead View Post
Down another 3 pounds - only 3 from goal! I decided to stay on Phase I for one more week to give myself a little cushion and to make my life simple. DH went for a physical last Thurs., had to take a stress test on Fri., failed that, was put in the hospital and had an angiogram. They found 100% blockage in the biggest artery in his heart and put a stent in. The nickname for what they found is called "the widow maker". The great news is that is was found and he is doing great. I'm closing in in Phase II and he now HAS to change his eating habits, which will make eating together so much easier.
So sorry to hear of your husband's need for a stent. Thankfully he went in for the physical and the doc was proactive doing a stress test! I would think it would be easier being on plan when your spouse is also eating in that manner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
where are you from Boyz?
I live in the Midwest (USA). Thanks for asking!
Old 10-11-2011, 07:24 AM   #84  

Height: 5 ft. 3 in.

Well, today is my 2nd official weigh-in. In my head I had set my goal for 2 pounds, but of course the bigger the better! I had a significant lose on week #1 so I know how my body reacts-it usually gives me a little after a big drop but not a huge number again. We will see at 2:15!

I purchase my packets individually and enough for the week ahead. Silly but I got a little excited last week to see 21 new packets. I have some favorites, but I try to order 1 or 2 new items per week so I can try all the diffferent ones. Almost like Christmas when I get to dive into the bag and see what I have-LOL

I won't be able to eat lunch today until after my appt. They are also testing my resting metabolic rate to see how many calories I burn "at rest" per day. I am not able to eat 4 hours before that but can have water. I will have a herb omelet this morning so that should tied me over. I am anxious to hear my metabolic measurement.

Here's to a great Tuesday for everyone! I will stop in later tonight and update my ticker!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #85  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by thin4me View Post
Had our Thanksgiving Dinner yesterday and only our daughter came home from university, the other two couldn't make it. I baked a wonderful apple pie or so I was told and stayed 100% OP - I had made the jello & pudding combo and it worked out nice (split into 2 desserts).

I must say the dinner was pretty boring for me as I made them roasted potatoes and french stuffing (beef, pork & potatoes) none of which I could have, on top of that I usually smother everything in gravy which I didn't do either.... so it definitely wasn't one to remember.

I would suggest that others find an au jus (sp?) alternative or two separate gravies, I thought of it too late to do anything about it so found my dinner quite bland

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hello Shannon,

Sorry, I did not know how to attach the Supplements sheets to the message, here they are.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IPsupplements[1].pdf (36.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: pdf Supplement_Overview-IP.pdf (75.6 KB, 11 views)
Closed Thread