Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 07:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Daily Chat Monday 10/3

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 10-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! WI#4 today!! Super excited! Plus my coach is doing more pictures today so that should be fun to see!! I might see if she can E-Mail them to me so maybe I can figure out how to post them. I finally feel like I'm getting a waist which is a cool feeling Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:14 AM   #3  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Good morning everyone. Happy Monday!
I had a shopping episode like WUV yesterday. I decided that these baggy pants must go. I walked into a store wearing size 14 pants held up by a belt. I walked out wearing size 8!! I can't believe that I have been wearing pants 3 sizes too big..plus I am in totally shocked that I fit size 8. Hooray!
Jellymae..you could be surprised also when you get new clothes.

Then I dropped my IP shaker and it cracked. I almost called my coach and said I needed a new one that day. LOL. That shaker has been my friend!

Psellias: I really hope your SIL is recovering well from that accident. It must be so hard for all of your family.

LisaPatrick. I think it is beautiful that your engagement ring is getting looser.That can be fixed at a jewelry store if needed.

ItsaboutTime. I am glad you are eating well..Plus Kudos to you for making that pizza run. Hope your WI goes well this week.

NavyMom..I hope those kids let you get some sleep last night.

Good luck on IP today everyone.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM   #4  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good morning!! WI#4 today!! Super excited! Plus my coach is doing more pictures today so that should be fun to see!! I might see if she can E-Mail them to me so maybe I can figure out how to post them. I finally feel like I'm getting a waist which is a cool feeling Hope everyone has a great OP day!!
NavyMommy..Good luck on WI number 4 today!! You are lucky that your coach takes pictures. I wish my coach had thought of that!
Also..glad that your potluck went well yesterday.
I sipped ice tea yesterday while my son ate at PF Chang's...I was fine.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/140/142

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Hope everyone's weekend went well. I survived a trip to a Polish bakery/deli/smokehouse. There was babkas, krusinki, kielbasa, pierogies, etc. They smoke all of the meats right there and the smell was intoxicatingly yummy. Didn't try any of the sweet stuff but I did have a small bite of kielbasa...which probably doesn't have a whole lot of carbs but lots of fat and processed stuff, so I kept it to one little bite and that was enough. Hope it doesn't screw me up too bad, I figured lots of water should help flush out any extra fat and sodium.
Oh and pretty awesome NSV - I could get my old size 6 lucky's (jeans) on! They could button and zip, but I couldn't really breath or sit...another few weeks though and they'll be great. They probably aren't a true size 6 anymore because they are old and worn and stretched out, but they were my favorites. and I am thrilled! Have a great monday everyone!
Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #6  
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
Good morning! Hope everyone's weekend went well. I survived a trip to a Polish bakery/deli/smokehouse. There was babkas, krusinki, kielbasa, pierogies, etc. They smoke all of the meats right there and the smell was intoxicatingly yummy. Didn't try any of the sweet stuff but I did have a small bite of kielbasa...which probably doesn't have a whole lot of carbs but lots of fat and processed stuff, so I kept it to one little bite and that was enough. Hope it doesn't screw me up too bad, I figured lots of water should help flush out any extra fat and sodium.
Oh and pretty awesome NSV - I could get my old size 6 lucky's (jeans) on! They could button and zip, but I couldn't really breath or sit...another few weeks though and they'll be great. They probably aren't a true size 6 anymore because they are old and worn and stretched out, but they were my favorites. and I am thrilled! Have a great monday everyone!
Good for you squeezing into your favorite size 6 jeans. That is so exciting to see that you are losing.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:35 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Good morning! Wow, it's cool outside this morning, in the 40's. I put on a jacket that I bought last year to walk the kids to the bus this morning. My 10 year old son started laughing and said, "Mom, you can't wear that jacket anymore, it's way too big." Yes, it is. And, I am thankful that it's too big, but I loved that jacket. It has a super soft lining, is lightweight and still very warm. Maybe I can find one like it in a smaller size this year.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

Happy Monday everyone!! I am thinking ahead to the weekend when I will be gone for 4 1/2 days to a wedding/reunion and taking a couple of days off work too (which I hate to do). The one thing I worry about is the wedding supper as I have no idea what they are serving. I will find out when I get there and pack a little padded lunch bag for the just in case I need it.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:04 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

EmAndAliMommy ~ what an incredible feeling, huh? I got rid of my size 6s a while ago, but have started shopping around in my old clothes and am so shocked when they actually fit. Keep up the good work!

Paint Lady ~ I have some of my old comfortable jackets that I am coming to realize just won't work anymore -- not even for running to the store. I hope you can find a suitable replacement.

Happy Monday All. Beautiful weekend, but lousy sleep. I hate insomnia. Had great NSV moments over the weekend -- I can now wear a size 10 coat that I haven't been able to button in years and an extra large belted coat is just too big. I don't want to get rid of it though -- it's a fabulous coat.

WI tomorrow. I'm so close to the 170s, but I don't think I'm going to get there by tomorrow. I really want to lose another 15 lbs before we go away in mid-November. We'll see what my body thinks.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Pselias, if you're checking in, I hope your SIL has an uneventful recovery. How truly awful -- it's one of my nightmares, that when my husband and son aren't home that there's been an awful accident. Thank goodness everyone is alive.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #10  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning all!
...hips are so stiff this morning it's not even funny but I am quite impressed that my legs feel fine, it's all in the hip joints. I can cope with that Had a good nights sleep last night which is good cause I have housework and laundry to catch up on today. Surprising what happens to the house when mom goes away for the weekend. I left a list of things to be done while I was gone but the boys were quite busy doing farm stuff so I will let it slip this time. It was a gorgeous weekend for October and I'm just glad they got outside and soaked a bit of it up
Have a great OP day!!!
Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #11  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Morning everyone. Its definately not summer here anymore. Brrrrr. Survived my first weekend OP even with the kids wanting to bake bake bake. It actually wasn't too bad. Not saying it wasn"t hard, just manageable. My hubby comes home today from his 2 week shift and he"s the cook in the family so he's going to show me how to spice up my food. I'm so excited to have him back for the week.
Well off to have my coffee and omelette! Congratulations on all the NSV and good luck on WI today!
Old 10-03-2011, 10:27 AM   #12  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Good luck! How fun that your coach takes pictures. That is the only way to truly see the change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning everyone. Happy Monday!
I had a shopping episode like WUV yesterday. I decided that these baggy pants must go. I walked into a store wearing size 14 pants held up by a belt. I walked out wearing size 8!! I can't believe that I have been wearing pants 3 sizes too big..plus I am in totally shocked that I fit size 8. Hooray!
Jellymae..you could be surprised also when you get new clothes.

Then I dropped my IP shaker and it cracked. I almost called my coach and said I needed a new one that day. LOL. That shaker has been my friend!

Psellias: I really hope your SIL is recovering well from that accident. It must be so hard for all of your family.

LisaPatrick. I think it is beautiful that your engagement ring is getting looser.That can be fixed at a jewelry store if needed.

ItsaboutTime. I am glad you are eating well..Plus Kudos to you for making that pizza run. Hope your WI goes well this week.

NavyMom..I hope those kids let you get some sleep last night.

Good luck on IP today everyone.
I did that a few months ago/ I was walking out of my pants the whole time I was shopping and ended up getting some a couple sizes smaller. DUH! Felt great though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmandAliMommy View Post
Love getting back into favorite old jeans! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Happy Monday everyone!! I am thinking ahead to the weekend when I will be gone for 4 1/2 days to a wedding/reunion and taking a couple of days off work too (which I hate to do). The one thing I worry about is the wedding supper as I have no idea what they are serving. I will find out when I get there and pack a little padded lunch bag for the just in case I need it.
Better to be prepared than to not have anything and go off plan. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Good morning all!
...hips are so stiff this morning it's not even funny but I am quite impressed that my legs feel fine, it's all in the hip joints. I can cope with that Had a good nights sleep last night which is good cause I have housework and laundry to catch up on today. Surprising what happens to the house when mom goes away for the weekend. I left a list of things to be done while I was gone but the boys were quite busy doing farm stuff so I will let it slip this time. It was a gorgeous weekend for October and I'm just glad they got outside and soaked a bit of it up
Have a great OP day!!!
Glad you feeling pretty good this morning. We had a super nice weekend too so I had a hard time getting my homework done as I wanted to be outside with my family.

I finally hit 40lbs down this morning but it's not official so I'm not celebrating just yet. Hoping by Thursday I can add a couple more to the total.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #13  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Glad to hear from you all.

This weekend, I just discovered that I fit in a size 14, a tight fit, nevertheless a fit I was so happy about it.

What I was not happy about though is how my eating habits gets so bad during the weekend, I am still struggling, every weekend, I take my packages and I am prepared mentally to resist all temptations, unfortunately, I am not! I feel so stupid as of why, there is no reason! seriously, I should be able to do it... now I am paying the price of piling the weight back (gained 5 pounds ) and I will be doing bootcamp this week. I feel so bad like I want to cry, like I want a button I can push on to take me back in time to erase what I did... God! I am angry at myself.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:39 AM   #14  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Rainbow Mom, you and I are very close in start time, starting weight, and current weight. I'm so proud of how far I've come and I know you are too. We will just have to give those favorite clothes up and jump for joy that we can't wear them anymore. I'll have to shop in my closet again and see if I can find something warm to wear.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:57 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Thank you for all the well wishes for my SIL. She is doing very well and is bugging her doctor to let her go home today so she can rest in her own bed. It's amazing that she survived being thrown from a vehicle at high speed with only a few broken bones. She is one lucky lady. I really appreciate all of you and your support!

Pauley - your before and after pics from the weekend thread are amazing!!!
Closed Thread