Old 05-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #91  
Ideal Protein Newbie

S/C/G: 247/237/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Such a great thread - it's so inspirational! I am bookmarking to revisit in case I am tempted to cheat - and I hope to post my own story someday!
Zipliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 255/182/150

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
My name is Holly and i am VERY new to this. I have been on IP for 5 weeks and down 20 pounds. I had a very rough Memorial Day weekend and was contemplating quitting until I started reading this thread. Thank you EVERYONE for supporting each other. i am ready to go at it again.

I am so happy you stayed on program 100 percent. This forum has helped me many times to stay on track. Wonderful stories here. Keep up the good work. Nancy from Cape Cod
Ng951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 156/138.8/135

Height: 5'4"

I love this thread! Thank you to everyone for sharing, it's a great motivation.
Cootermom125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 231/145.2/145.2

Height: 5' 4"

One more success story:

May of 2010 I weighed 231 pounds. I started this diet, committed 100%. It was like a switch - whether it's true or not, I felt it was dangerous to screw around with a diet this extreme. Also, this diet is hard. I didn't want to waste the work I was putting in by sabotaging myself with cheating.

At first, I was really nauseous, so I added some carbs on their recommendation (by which I mean cooked onions, and occasional extra veggies) and again at their recommendation took a 'scheduled 3-day break' to jolt myself out of a plateau. Other than that, I never, ever ate anything off plan.

A year later, at 145 pounds, I phased off. I lost a total of 85 pounds.

Maintaining is hard. You don't have such clear guidelines, and you have to understand that you ALWAYS need to watch what you eat, you can never flip that switch in your head back off. But I'm still at 145 a year later.

My life is utterly transformed from where it was two years ago. I find myself forgetting that I was ever that heavy. I look at old pictures of myself and it feels like I'm looking at a stranger.

It's possible. You can do this.

You can't cheat on this diet. You have to do it 100%.
(You can have an extra teaspoon of oil here and there, or a second serving of veggies if you really need it. I ignore the 'occaisional' vs 'ideal' veggies distinction and have tomatoes and eggplant as often as I want - but I don't have any restricted foods. DO NOT CHEAT on the milk in your coffee. An extra ounce of skim milk will kill your weight loss for the day.)

Remember this diet is temporary, but the benefits will stay with you.

Good luck.

Last edited by Lisaf373; 06-07-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Lisaf373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:34 AM   #95  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

This looked like a fun thread to bump!
brelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:05 PM   #96  

Height: 5'5"

Thank you for sharing your stories, ladies! What an inspiration you all are! *bump*
coloradogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #97  

Height: 5'7

I just started IP this week... I'm on day 3. So far, so good... my stomach is hurting a little bit but I figure it's my body adjusting. Thanks for the encouragement! I'm excited to finish week 1 and weigh in!!
SarahEileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:34 PM   #98  

Height: 5 '6

So many great tips on this site! I'll have to be more careful with my milk! Thanks for all the great info and tips.
Hiker88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:07 PM   #99  

Hi I just started the IP program on Jan 1, 2013 and I have to say this is the first time EVER I have stuck to a diet for at least 5 days! I felt a little nasty on Day 3 but today Im feeling much much better! I know Im down a few pounds but waiting till my official first week weigh in.... seems like an excellent program.
Sonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

What a great posting to discover!

Lisaf373 thank you so much for your words of wisdom and encouragement. For many of us, it will be a battle every day of our life. Even when we have created new habits, it is still possible to slip back into old habits. A little cheat leads to a day of cheat, followed by a week...and so on, at least for me! I know 100% OP is what has worked for me and will have to work for me for many months to come!
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 10:52 AM   #101  

This is a pretty old thread (check dates of posts before replying to them)

Here is a much more recent thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...lume-29-a.html
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #102  
Started 1/2/13

S/C/G: 276/ticker/160

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
I would like to share my story, because I think I am a success and because I think this is a good thread to keep bumped.

I started IP on June 1, 2011 with alternative products. I officially started IP (1) week later, on June 8. My clinic was not up and running until the 7th and I was totally in the mind set to start. I had also stumbled upon this website at the end of May and found the thread "Alternative Products that work for Phase 1" so I went out and bought EAS shakes and Pure protein bars and followed that for the 1st week.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I have been 100% OP. I had a big vacation out of the country and with the guidance of my coach, I phased off properly beforehand, went on vacation and came right back onto P1 upon my return. I have officially been back on P1 for 11 days and back to losing weight.

You can see the sucess I have had by taking a look at my signature. I am now officially less than 10# from goal and 5-6# from phasing off for good. I have also lost more than 30" total from my body and am now comfortably wearing a size 6. My 6's are starting to loosen up, and my goal is to make it into a 4 comfortably.

I have also worked out the entire time I have been on IP. In the beginning it was difficult as my body went from burning carbs to fat, but now I have more energy than I have ever had during exercise and I truly believe it has helped keep me and my skin tight (no sagging!). It has also attributed to my inches lost and ability to get into smaller sizes so quickly.

To anyone starting out, my advice to you is to stick with it and the results will happen. Will you have weeks where you don't lose any weight? Yes. Will you have weeks that you gain weight? Yes. But look at all of us veterans, we are proof that if you just stick with it, it will work. One week does not make or break your success, it is measured over the long run. If you work the program, the program will work for you.
Your story is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing!
wstarkes is offline   Reply With Quote