Old 09-29-2011, 09:49 PM   #16  

Default Op

I have been OP since the day after labor day so three and a half weeks. The first week I lost 7.6, the second week 4.6, the third week +.4. I thought I was 100% op, but realized two days I had chili and a restricted bar, and spaghetti and a restricted bar, I didnt realize that I couldnt have both. I just thought I could only have chili and spaghetti twice a week, didnt realize if I had one of them that counted as my restricted, so not sure if that is why I didnt see a loss and had a small weight gain.

My husband is a doctor and I am trying out the program to see if it might be something we would carry in our office. So I am doing this remotely and check in with my coach once a week. My coach is the one who trains and helps open new offices. I love reading the daily blog but often hear something there that isnt quite 100% on plan. When I question him about it, he said they have 4,000 offices and it is hard to get everyone to follow the same rules. One example I read was you cant have carmelized onions but you can have them on the grill. When I talked to my coach he said they say no cooked onions because they turn to sugar when cooked and it is hard to know when they are there,and that an onion does not need to be carlmelized to turn to sugar. When I talk to my coach about it he says you have to be on the plan 100% to work and he even has the mentality two cheats and they are
done. And we all know there is a difference between choosing to not follow plan and doing it by mistake like I did.

So back on the wagon I go. glad you started this thread and hope it can be just the extra motivation I need.
Granby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 10:34 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/133.8/125

Height: 5'2"

I have been 100% OP for 4 weeks and 1 day. I have lost 13.6 pounds. The first week was the hardest (hunger-wise), but I knew it would go away. I was a little hungrier than usual last week, but I just drank more water and tea and made it through the rough spots. TOM did start a week early for me, but I read that is to be expected. All in all, I haven't felt better or had more energy. My main reason for starting this was due to high cholesterol from my last bloodwork. The doctors were giving me 6 months to get it in order on my own or they would put me on medication. This is really the most effective diet I have ever been on and this is coming from someone who cannot eat any of the product with gluten, soy, eggs, or nuts in them. I am limited, but I am making it work.

Last edited by Determined126; 09-29-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Determined126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 12:01 AM   #18  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by matolmama View Post
hi all. a lurker here. first i hope it is ok for me to post here. i am doing the matol diet. started june 8th, i have to date lost 68 lbs. i have to say you all have helped me tremendously w/ ideas and inspiration. you are all awesome. oh and i have been op 100% and plan to stay that way. again thank you all
First off welcome anyone can post here if there is a success with being OP 100%. Second congrats on losing 69lbs so far that is awesome, keep up the great job!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2babetterme View Post
My third weigh-in today, disappointing. week 1, down 5.1; week 2, down 3; week 3, only .6. Does anyone else have problems like this? I've stayed 100% on program - 5 & 1. I guess I'm here looking for encourgement. Thanks to you all, I love your enthusiasm!
There could be a couple of things going on, several of us have had this happen to us with no explanation. Just keep sticking with the program and the weight will come off next week. TOM could be coming sooner than you thought, you could be retaining water, could be stress, there are lots of questions but we are women and that is how our bodies deal with issues, it holds on to the weight. Just hang in there, it WILL COME OFF!!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/8/11

S/C/G: 258.8/183/180

Height: 5'9"

Bump
I just think this is such a great thread to have on the first page. Positive and great for people considering the program or needing some encouragement. Have a great OP week everyone!
SarahDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
Bump
I just think this is such a great thread to have on the first page. Positive and great for people considering the program or needing some encouragement. Have a great OP week everyone!
Thanks Sarah, I was just going to bump it myself since it looks like some of us had a bad weekend.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #21  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I had a great OP weekend, busy but great! One of the reasons I love IP is that I get to indulge in my weird food combinations without forcing my family to eat them with me, lol. For instance, I am having lunch right now. I am having 2 cups of sauteed okra over a handful of lettuce and cereal.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 182/142/142

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi All -

Great thread. I started IP the first of June. I lost 42 lbs (10 lbs before IP). I start Phase IV tomorrow. In the beginning, I approached this diet as a plan that I would commit to 100%. It was so much easier for me to do that than "straddle the fence" about small cheats or slips here or there. IMHO, this is an easy program if you make the commitment to follow it, as designed. My weight loss was consistent, although slower than most. I knew, if I just followed the program, I would lose inches and/or lbs. -- if not this week, then the next. The weight had to come off. I am more than thrilled with the result. Good luck to those of you who are just starting. Keep coming back here... it works!!
samyswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:32 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I had a great OP weekend, busy but great! One of the reasons I love IP is that I get to indulge in my weird food combinations without forcing my family to eat them with me, lol. For instance, I am having lunch right now. I am having 2 cups of sauteed okra over a handful of lettuce and cereal.
LOL...yup, that is weird combinations
Old 10-03-2011, 03:35 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Well since I've made it through one full month now of IP and remained committed 100% OP I figured I could comment. I have to say it's not always easy. I've been to church dinners, potlucks, BBQs, friend's houses for catalog parties, not to mention keeping my (skinny) hubby and kids fed 24/7. I make everything for them from scratch so I'm ALWAYS in the kitchen.

In the end though I've decided that this is just a phase in my life and when it's done I will eat differently than I did before, but I will be able to enjoy those events and foods (in moderation!). Each time I'm tempted I acknowledge that yes that food would be delicious and I would be satisfied and I would enjoy it, but what about in 30 minutes? I won't remember what I ate and I sure won't feel satisfied from it. I also read somewhere on here that each time you cheat you might as well stand in the shower and rip up a couple of $20's because in reality that's what you're doing. That keeps me motivated too because I used to feed my entire family on what I'm paying per month for IP.

I need to do this for myself. I have a huge history of cancer in my family and obesity is a huge risk factor for that. My kids need me! I'm also doing it for my husband because he deserves a skinny, HOTT, wife waiting for him.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #25  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

My husband is thin too. I still weigh more than he does.
But, not for long!! And yes, he deserves a skinny hot wife!! More importantly, he deserves a wife that is happy in her own body. The more confident we are, the better everything else seems to get. My husband has never complained about my weight. I am doing this for me because I deserve it and I'm worth it! *flips hair* LOL!
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
Well since I've made it through one full month now of IP and remained committed 100% OP I figured I could comment. I have to say it's not always easy. I've been to church dinners, potlucks, BBQs, friend's houses for catalog parties, not to mention keeping my (skinny) hubby and kids fed 24/7. I make everything for them from scratch so I'm ALWAYS in the kitchen.

In the end though I've decided that this is just a phase in my life and when it's done I will eat differently than I did before, but I will be able to enjoy those events and foods (in moderation!). Each time I'm tempted I acknowledge that yes that food would be delicious and I would be satisfied and I would enjoy it, but what about in 30 minutes? I won't remember what I ate and I sure won't feel satisfied from it. I also read somewhere on here that each time you cheat you might as well stand in the shower and rip up a couple of $20's because in reality that's what you're doing. That keeps me motivated too because I used to feed my entire family on what I'm paying per month for IP.

I need to do this for myself. I have a huge history of cancer in my family and obesity is a huge risk factor for that. My kids need me! I'm also doing it for my husband because he deserves a skinny, HOTT, wife waiting for him.
We as women ALWAYS think of others before ourselves or at least most of us do. I am doing this for ME, I have always made sure the boys have what they need and now that they are older its ALL ABOUT ME!!....This was the BEST decision I have made for myself in a LONG time and I have also made lots of great friends on here, even though it is just through words, you never know when you might actually meet someone face to face
Old 10-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
My husband is thin too. I still weigh more than he does.
But, not for long!! And yes, he deserves a skinny hot wife!! More importantly, he deserves a wife that is happy in her own body. The more confident we are, the better everything else seems to get. My husband has never complained about my weight. I am doing this for me because I deserve it and I'm worth it! *flips hair* LOL!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved
We as women ALWAYS think of others before ourselves or at least most of us do. I am doing this for ME, I have always made sure the boys have what they need and now that they are older its ALL ABOUT ME!!....This was the BEST decision I have made for myself in a LONG time and I have also made lots of great friends on here, even though it is just through words, you never know when you might actually meet someone face to face
I think I worded that poorly. It's not that he's ever complained, but I think he deserves to have me at my best, and right now I'm not there. Thinner I am happier, have more energy, and am more confidant in myself and that's what I want. I didn't mean to insinuate that he was bugging me, he assures me daily that it's not something that matters to him at all and he loves me regardless. And Wuv you're totally right, this is by far the best thing I've done for myself probably ever. Sometimes I cringe at the money I spend, but it's just all that much more motivation to remain 100% OP.

Last edited by NavyMommy; 10-03-2011 at 06:17 PM.
NavyMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 06:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 252.8/165.2/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyMommy View Post
I think I worded that poorly. It's not that he's ever complained, but I think he deserves to have me at my best, and right now I'm not there. Thinner I am happier, have more energy, and am more confidant in myself and that's what I want. I didn't mean to insinuate that he was bugging me, he assures me daily that it's not something that matters to him at all and he loves me regardless.
It is so funny that you mentioned that you mentioned that you want to be thinner than your husband. When I started this program, my first goal was to be weighing less than my husband because in our 17 years of marriage, he has always been thinner than me. I reached that goal, then my next goal was to be under 200 and I reached that. Now my final goal is to be at 170.
Louisiana chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7'

I consider myself a success story. I've lost 36 pounds in about 2 1/2 months. That's the best I've ever done. Somedays are struggles, but overall it's a great program as long as you remember to not cheat!!!
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #30  

Default First Post Ever

Hi,
This is my very first post.

I started IP exactly three weeks ago, and tomorrow is my third weigh in. First week, I was down 10.2. The second week, I was down 4.8. I am thinking tomorrow will be in the 3-4 range.

I have been committed to this program and I find it really easy to follow. I read something in one of these posts that I repeat as a mantra in my head when confronted with a food I used to love: "Not never, just not right now." It helps me hugely, so thanks to the person who said it.

Regarding being 100% on plan, I had an "interesting" challenge. I was attending a very important client dinner last week. I found out where the dinner would be, checked the menu, and made my selections. Once at the dinner, I learned that it was a set menu. Guess what was served! Deviled eggs, fried green tomatoes, sweet corn creme brulee, fried chicken and waffles, and spicy sausage flatbread pizza. I am not making this up. The food was served family style, so I took tiny portions and then pushed them around my plate without eating them. I did, however, eat the chicken breast, which was pretty small, because (1) I was starving, and (2) did not want to attract too much of my client's attention to my eating habits, considering they were hosting the event. I drank close to a gallon of water at dinner to flush it all out. Since then, I have been religious about the plan. Fortunately, the scale this morning still shows I am going in the right direction. I am choosing to look at this event positively because I could have really shown the other guests "how eatin' is done," and did not. I also stuck with sparkling water when everyone was drinking wine. So, onward and downward (on the scale)!!

Last edited by OneGuyonIP; 10-03-2011 at 08:08 PM.
OneGuyonIP is offline   Reply With Quote