3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP wk 3 weight gain?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/244092-ip-wk-3-weight-gain.html)

hismsnerdy 09-28-2011 05:40 PM

IP wk 3 weight gain??

this my wk3 and I have been doing really well down 13lb until yesterday. I have not cheated once nor changed my eating but I am up 1 1/2lb. I know that I have trouble eating the full 8oz of meat could this have anything to do with my weight gain? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks :dizzy:

wuv2bloved 09-28-2011 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hismsnerdy (Post 4051060)
this my wk3 and I have been doing really well down 13lb until yesterday. I have not cheated once nor changed my eating but I am up 1 1/2lb. I know that I have trouble eating the full 8oz of meat could this have anything to do with my weight gain? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks :dizzy:

Why don't you split your meat up 4 ozs for lunch and 4 ozs for dinner. Are you eating all of your veggies? Drinking your water? getting your salt and oil? Is it your TOM time? are you stressed about something?

Sorry for all the questions but would like to know a little more about what is going on with you to be able to help out :)

ratfancy 09-28-2011 06:19 PM

Wow! I am on my 2nd week and gained! But my coach said my measurements went down a lot. So maybe that's the real key. Over a year ago I lost better, but no bars and less meat on the program then. I say let's stay the course, and don't you think eventually we will see the results we want!

Bellamack 09-28-2011 06:21 PM

YEP you will see results. I had the same problem and look at 12 weeks later!

:)

wuv2bloved 09-28-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratfancy (Post 4051118)
Wow! I am on my 2nd week and gained! But my coach said my measurements went down a lot. So maybe that's the real key. Over a year ago I lost better, but no bars and less meat on the program then. I say let's stay the course, and don't you think eventually we will see the results we want!

The measurements come off quick too especially sometimes when we have small weight losses. YES it will come off eventually, just NEVER GIVE UP and NEVER say ONLY when you post your loss or I will come and pull your toes....just ask Bella......haha

hismsnerdy 09-28-2011 06:36 PM

Thanks lady's. I honestly haven't been eating all the meat as in 1996 I had my stomach stapled and have trouble getting it down or keeping it down. When I do eat it I blend it with the veggies into the soups. That can be yummy but looks horrible. lol I will stay the course as I know it will work.

hismsnerdy 09-28-2011 06:36 PM

Sorry one more question. I have read that some people only have 3 packages a day and others four. I have four is that correct.

Y Guy 09-28-2011 06:37 PM

Was this at your official weigh in or at home? Don't get hung up on weight loss so much but look at other things too. I've had some great weeks and a couple that were uninspiring as far as weight loss but the other numbers like fat mass change etc. were positive. Plus if you have not been a big water drinker before your water retention weight can impact the scale. Does your coach provide a print out of your weigh in results?

4 Packets depending on your weight and needs, if your coach suggested to start at that talk with them if you having trouble, but for some it seems to be short term. I've been on 4 and I'm still on 4 after a couple months.

hismsnerdy 09-28-2011 06:51 PM

I weigh in at home as my coach is 8hrs away. also what is your opinion on splenda

wuv2bloved 09-28-2011 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hismsnerdy (Post 4051146)
Sorry one more question. I have read that some people only have 3 packages a day and others four. I have four is that correct.

I started off at 388 and have always been on 3 packets a day and 8 ozs of meat at night. One for breakfast, lunch and snack. I have 2-3 Splenda a day sometimes.

hismsnerdy 09-28-2011 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4051182)
I started off at 388 and have always been on 3 packets a day and 8 ozs of meat at night. One for breakfast, lunch and snack. I have 2-3 Splenda a day sometimes.

first off congrats on your loss. that is fantastic. secondly i sometimes feel guilty if i don't feel hungry and i don't want to eat the 4th package but do anyways. It is confusing when your taught listen to your body yet when it is saying not hungry and you don't eat and goes to starvation mode. :?:
Thanks for the info on splenda. I dislike stevia and prefer splenda. So that is good news to me.

Wayward 09-28-2011 07:30 PM

I too eat spenda, not directly, but I have a few mixes I use for my water that has spenda.

I too have always been on 3 packets a day, they have upped my protein to 10oz and now they are having me up it again due to my very increased exercise but I am not normally hungry for more than the 3 packets.
And that is with me going from about noon until about 10 before I eat dinner, and I eat my snack after that lol.

wuv2bloved 09-28-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hismsnerdy (Post 4051196)
first off congrats on your loss. that is fantastic. secondly i sometimes feel guilty if i don't feel hungry and i don't want to eat the 4th package but do anyways. It is confusing when your taught listen to your body yet when it is saying not hungry and you don't eat and goes to starvation mode. :?:
Thanks for the info on splenda. I dislike stevia and prefer splenda. So that is good news to me.

Thank you, maybe you can talk to your coach and ask if you can go down to 3 packets a day for a week and see how you feel. We only get about 800-900 calories a day with this program so if you are exercising or something like that, that might be why she advised you to have the 4th packet. I am NEVER hungry, sometimes I forget to eat. I usually have breakfast around 10, lunch at 2-3 supper 6-7 and my snack around 1030-11. IF I do get hungry I will make me 2 egg whites and that usually does the trick :)

justamom 09-28-2011 09:09 PM

What do you do with your egg whites? Fry/scramble?

wuv2bloved 09-28-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justamom (Post 4051327)
What do you do with your egg whites? Fry/scramble?

sometimes I fry them and sometimes I boil them. Have you ever heard of the eggies? they are so easy and don't make a mess