3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/27 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243953-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-9-27-a.html)

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:01 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/27
 
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.


Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Maile 09-27-2011 08:16 AM

Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Off to exercise in the dark! Have a great Tuesday.

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:19 AM

Good morning!!

I actually debated starting this about 2:30am when I was still up, but I'm in the central time zone and realize it's not 'technically' everywhere, so I decided to wait.

I SO need to take a non-scale week (heck even a non scale day) challenge!! I don't know why I weigh myself every morning, other than leftover habit from past diets, but it's not going to change anything on IP. I was pleasantly surprised to see it down a bit this morning with how late I was up, and all the soy sauce that was in my dinner last night. I knew I would be retaining water like mad.

This week I got 7 of the cappuccinos and I'm loving it! Brewed a black cup of coffee and put it in a big glass, then mixed my shake and poured it from my blender into the glass and it is delicious! I love getting a nice warm (BIG) drink for breakfast! Plus that cuts out some of the Splenda I was using in my coffee so that's a good thing.

Does anyone know if there are any actual limits on herbal tea? Last night I had at least 6 cups trying to get sleepy. It was the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla, I know herbal tea is alright, I just hope I didn't overdo it!

Well it's going to be a long day over here (I only slept from 3-6, but the kiddos don't know that), so I better jump right into it!

GL to those with WIs today, and I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Maile 09-27-2011 08:24 AM

Hi Navymom,
Great news on the scale going down even with the soy sauce. I am a daily weigher also!
My coach said unlimited herbal tea. I drink lots of it also..
Good luck on your day with such little sleep!

NavyMommy 09-27-2011 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4048584)
Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Wow, that's awesome! Have you been doing a lot of boot camp type exercises in addition to IP? I'm sure you were a great inspiration to many, just look at how far you've come!!

stolaf 09-27-2011 08:33 AM

Good morning all, I am working from home today and started my work day at 6am so I am taking a break to have my breakfast of chocolate shake in the blender with ice. It always reminds me of an ice cream shake when I use the blender.

Have a super day everyone.

sandyh50 09-27-2011 09:05 AM

Good morning all! I had a tough day at school yesterday but I didn't eat over it! I love my cappuccino in the morning with a cup of coffee! I buy 7 packs every week! I think it is something I am always going to want around unless I find a cheaper alternative. I weigh in tomorrow so I am excited for the Whoosh Fairy to come and get me to the 40 pound mark. That might be wishful thinking but a girl gets to dream.

Have a great day!

leganegan 09-27-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4048584)
Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Off to exercise in the dark! Have a great Tuesday.

I am so proud of you! What an honor. It took a lot of courage for you to do that. Of course you felt emotional afterwards. It made you say it out loud, I bet you almost felt naked. But let me tell you, you are so much stronger than you think. And I am sure you motivated so many people, whether it be to lose weight, or just start/or stop something they are in denial about.

Congrats on your journey and transformation inside and out!:D:hug:

leganegan 09-27-2011 09:11 AM

Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???

M0vingon 09-27-2011 09:11 AM

Happy Tuesday!

I have been so busy this month, I feel like I've lost touch with everyone on the boards. :(

It's day 2 on P1 for me. I'm switching my WI from Weds to Monday so I can get in a full week back OP before I weigh again. I'm glad to be back on P1! Life is so much easier.

Have a great day everyone!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-27-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 4048666)
Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???

And here in Canada we can use the Turkey smiles next month... congrats on the SV that is great, it is always nice after a gain to get a big loss the next week. I was kind of figuring it out before I went to sleep last night if I lose 2.0 lbs a week for 5 weeks I will be at my goal... That being said, my scale has been going up and down more than a yoyo so, if I am not there in 5 weeks I will complain a little but still move ahead, the last 20 lbs for me have been a long time coming the first 70 lbs seemed to just drop off but have to fight tooth and nail for every pound now. My coach still doesn't understand how or what my body was doing but, I am going to blame fat free HAM as I had some that week and that seemed to trigger the water retension... sad thing is I love ham and have it for :thanks1::present:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4048584)
Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Off to exercise in the dark! Have a great Tuesday.

What a great honour, you must be so proud of yourself. Keep it up.

wuv2bloved 09-27-2011 09:27 AM

Good Morning, Thanks NavyMommy for starting the thread. I have done that before started the thread at midnight central time. Its our tomorrow right? Some people are up at 2-3am to get their day started. Just so its tomorrow somewhere, I don't really think there is a rule about it starting at a certain time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4048587)
Good morning!!

I actually debated starting this about 2:30am when I was still up, but I'm in the central time zone and realize it's not 'technically' everywhere, so I decided to wait.

I SO need to take a non-scale week (heck even a non scale day) challenge!! I don't know why I weigh myself every morning, other than leftover habit from past diets, but it's not going to change anything on IP. I was pleasantly surprised to see it down a bit this morning with how late I was up, and all the soy sauce that was in my dinner last night. I knew I would be retaining water like mad.

This week I got 7 of the cappuccinos and I'm loving it! Brewed a black cup of coffee and put it in a big glass, then mixed my shake and poured it from my blender into the glass and it is delicious! I love getting a nice warm (BIG) drink for breakfast! Plus that cuts out some of the Splenda I was using in my coffee so that's a good thing.

Does anyone know if there are any actual limits on herbal tea? Last night I had at least 6 cups trying to get sleepy. It was the Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Vanilla, I know herbal tea is alright, I just hope I didn't overdo it!

Well it's going to be a long day over here (I only slept from 3-6, but the kiddos don't know that), so I better jump right into it!

GL to those with WIs today, and I hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

Cappachino's are one of my favorites as well, last night I put some pumpkin spice Torni's syrup in it with some ice and YUMMY!!! also made a pot of hot tea in my coffee pot and used the pumpkin spice with the hot tea was awesome. Sometimes I put the WF caramel syrup in my cappachino and its great.

Quote:

Originally Posted by leganegan (Post 4048666)
Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???

I think it was the drive in the nasty weather to find out that you lost 5.4lbs that is great!! Are you going to share some of those holiday recipes you found with us or keep them all to yourself???....lol

Hope everyone has a great week and don't forget to post your WI's on the spreadsheet http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...challenge.html

colley 09-27-2011 10:00 AM

Is pretty pumped for a couple of weeks of Phase 1, hopefully I can get this last 10 off quickly as the scale didn't move at all for 3 weeks in Phase 2. Plus I have a wedding this weekend so hopefully that wont throw me off too much, 3rd one this summer, and been OP for this whole journey!!!!

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 10:06 AM

Good morning,

TOM is supposed to come on saturday (WI day) but this morning i woke up feeling so bloated, hoping it comes before then otherwise i will go up a couple of lbs for sure :(

Busymomx4 09-27-2011 10:07 AM

Maile
What an honnor to be a spokesperson, you deserve it, you've done amazing!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.