IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/27

You're on Page 6 of 7
Go to
  • Quote: My stomach seems to growl at night about 1-2hrs after I had my last packet for the night I ask my coach and she said it was my stomach shrinking. Does anyone have the same issue and if so what should I do I drink water but that doesn't help?????
    It is a myth that your stomach shrinks. It does not. I have always waited to have my nightly snack packet between 8&9 pm.I know some coaches do not recommend eating anything after 8 pm but that worked for me. On days that I was really hungry, I either had an extra packet or a couple more ounces of protein at mealtime. Some coaches also allow fried egg whites- up to six as something to get you through for hunger. There is only 17 calories in an egg white so not a deal breaker. I REFUSE to starve on any diet so have used these tactics and done fine. Figure out what will work for the long haul.
  • Quote: Congrats everyone on your successes!!! Ideal protein is great. Last week I was only down 1lb (probably due to TOM), but this week even though I felt like I didn't lose anything I lost 4lbs (had my WI today).

    Bubu4eva30=Try hot tea. When I get the growls, hot tea seems to fill me up and makes me feel like I'm having something extra. Experiment with different flavors to find your go-to brand.
    Thanks I will have to try it I have caffeine free raspberry tea maybe that will help. Good luck on your loss tomorrow
  • Quote: It is a myth that your stomach shrinks. It does not. I have always waited to have my nightly snack packet between 8&9 pm.I know some coaches do not recommend eating anything after 8 pm but that worked for me. On days that I was really hungry, I either had an extra packet or a couple more ounces of protein at mealtime. Some coaches also allow fried egg whites- up to six as something to get you through for hunger. There is only 17 calories in an egg white so not a deal breaker. I REFUSE to starve on any diet so have used these tactics and done fine. Figure out what will work for the long haul.
    Yeah when she said that I wasn't buying it. I wonder if having splenda decaf tea might be making it more hungry who knows its been like this and I'm only 4wks in. My husband said my breath was stinking and that's a turn off they said it's ketosis but not digging the smell I brush my teeth and ugh it comes back.

    21.6 loss total still OP long haul
  • Quote: I ride a Harley! :-) I have had my own bike since 1996 and love every minute of it! In fact, tomorrow it's supposed to be in the high 70's so I am going to break out of work in the afternoon and put on a few miles. At this time of year, you have to make the time when God gives you a day like that!
    I just bought an 883L. I really like it. I've been wanting my license for years but DH says I'll kill myself. My friend had this bike and it's only got 921 miles on it. I couldn't resist.
  • Quote: Yeah when she said that I wasn't buying it. I wonder if having splenda decaf tea might be making it more hungry who knows its been like this and I'm only 4wks in. My husband said my breath was stinking and that's a turn off they said it's ketosis but not digging the smell I brush my teeth and ugh it comes back.

    21.6 loss total still OP long haul
    The breath thing is a great sign! That is indeed ketosis as ketones are released in pee, poop and your breath. There are some 0/0/0 breath sprays available but you must read very carefully before using because some believe it or not have carbs! Try some of the herbal teas like Bengal spice or apple cinnamon. Those helped me a bunch early on when I was so hungry. It does get less- the hunger, the longer you are on the diet. You are having great losses! Way to go!
  • Looks like we have had some good losses so far this week, congrats to everyone. Don't forget to put your losses on the Halloween spreadsheet. We have to do better than last week on the WI's getting posted!
  • I will have my first weigh in on Sunday. Is it still ok to get in on the Halloween Challenge?
  • Quote: I will have my first weigh in on Sunday. Is it still ok to get in on the Halloween Challenge?
    Most Definitely!! here is a link http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...challenge.html
    Just add your name to the bottom!
  • Done. thanks
  • Quote: Done. thanks
    welcome
  • I love the spreadsheets. It is nice to see everyones progress in one place. Plus it serves as a reminder of just how much weight is coming off. I remember before starting this diet working a month to only see the scale move 1 pound. So to see 2-4 every week is amazing!
  • Quote: I love the spreadsheets. It is nice to see everyones progress in one place. Plus it serves as a reminder of just how much weight is coming off. I remember before starting this diet working a month to only see the scale move 1 pound. So to see 2-4 every week is amazing!
    That's why I always try to remind everyone to post their losses I like to see how well everyone is doing and see how much we lose as a group. Its amazing to see the results!
  • I can't believe it, weighed in at 196.5!! I am out of the 200's! I am still having trouble fully appreciating the changes in the mirror. It happened so face, I am still adjusting. But feeling good!
  • miracle noodle link
    Quote: Can you tell me what Miracle Noodles are and where you find them. I had never heard of them before this diet and I still don't know what they are or where to buy them but I'd like to give them a try.
    http://www.amazon.com/Miracle-Noodle...7185595&sr=8-1

    My mother finds them in the refrigerated sections of an Asian supermarket in Florida. I live in a place with a lot of Asian markets and can't find them and had to order them from Amazon.
  • Are you considering Miracle Noodles as a vegetable?