Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #61  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
Well, I did my weigh in yesterday and didn't get the boot from my indescretions! I was only down .8 but that's ok. This morning I stepped in the scale and saw 219.6!! I am very excited. Plus, I got to shop in my closet this morning. I have "new" pants on this morning! Yay me.
That's great. I can't wait until I can post my losses.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:15 PM   #62  

Height: 5'6"

I solid 3lb loss for me this week, I'll take that quite gratefully. One more good week please as I plan on starting Phase 2 after next Tuesdays WI. Kinda nervous but not too bad considering it's just another meal but Phase 3....terrified. I'm not sure I've ever eaten that much in my adult life unless I was was working cattle or fixing fence all day long LOL.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I solid 3lb loss for me this week, I'll take that quite gratefully. One more good week please as I plan on starting Phase 2 after next Tuesdays WI. Kinda nervous but not too bad considering it's just another meal but Phase 3....terrified. I'm not sure I've ever eaten that much in my adult life unless I was was working cattle or fixing fence all day long LOL.
Woohoo, what a good loss! Are you starting phase 2 for a specific reason? I thought I would wait until I got to 155 lbs (your stats are similar to mine). Or maybe I should stay on phase one until I get to goal?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:00 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm still .8 up from where I was Thursday as of this morning. I'm getting really frustrated about it. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat most days. Yesterday I stayed home from work and I had a shake in my coffee like always for breakfast and then a shake at about 2 but I skipped the veggies because I just plain wasn't in the mood to eat. At dinner I ate a little bit of chicken and forced 2 cups of veggies down and then had a whole bar at 8. This morning as I was packing lunch I didn't want anything. I brought the shake and figured I'd be fine but then last minute I threw a couple of pickles in a baggie and brought those too. I'm not sure if I will eat them but I have them if I need something. I know it's not considered veggies but it's something. I am pretty sure I could go until about 5pm without eating and be just fine. (And yes, I know, it's not good.)

Last night I had a food dream and I never have food dreams. I ate 4 sugar cookies and a choc chip cookie at my grandma's house. I don't even like sugar cookies! I have been feeling guilty about it all morning and I know I didn't do it. Isn't it weird how real it feels?

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!
OMG, I too had a dream about eating cookies last night. Mine were peanutbutter cookies and I had 3 of them. They were soooo good. I woke up thinking that I had actually ate them and how disappointed I was in myself and what I had to do to get back OP. Then figured out that it was a dream and laughed.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 199/188/143

Height: 5'5"

2RIDEROLLERCOAST - "I was kind of figuring it out before I went to sleep last night if I lose 2.0 lbs a week for 5 weeks I will be at my goal... That being said, my scale has been going up and down more than a yoyo so, if I am not there in 5 weeks I will complain a little but still move ahead, the last 20 lbs for me have been a long time coming the first 70 lbs seemed to just drop off but have to fight tooth and nail for every pound now. My coach still doesn't understand how or what my body was doing but, I am going to blame fat free HAM as I had some that week and that seemed to trigger the water retension... sad thing is I love ham"

My coach isn't surprised I'm not losing much these days. Apparently my body has dropped a ton of weight, and is in a resting/adjustment phase. If I stick with it, the last 10 will come off s-l-o-w-l-y, but I'll get there.

That being said, I'm now mainly on alternatives due to the cost factor. I'm being careful with them and the weight is dropping just as fast/slow as total IP. Hang in there!!!

Last edited by Sherwood; 09-27-2011 at 08:06 PM. Reason: quotation marks
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #66  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Hey! Maybe that is what I was doing wrong!!! I am eating like a ranch hand but I sit on my butt at a desk all day. What is phase 2 and 3?
Old 09-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #67  

Height: 5'7'

DollFaceBella - I have been on Phase 2 for about 2 weeks really, really like it. I needed a variety because I was getting some 'diet fatigue'. I'm still losing - more slowly - but I do like it. A few days I have switched back to Phase 1 only because I was running around like crazy. You'll do fine!
Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
I have just started on mon. so far so good. Do you ride bike? I just bought one, only I'm a beginner.
I ride a Harley! :-) I have had my own bike since 1996 and love every minute of it! In fact, tomorrow it's supposed to be in the high 70's so I am going to break out of work in the afternoon and put on a few miles. At this time of year, you have to make the time when God gives you a day like that!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:01 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunny1 View Post
Hey! Maybe that is what I was doing wrong!!! I am eating like a ranch hand but I sit on my butt at a desk all day. What is phase 2 and 3?
I am sure your coach gave you the details about the Phases at your first appt. but here is a great link.

Phases:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html
Old 09-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 206/185/135

Hello everyone, I feel like I don't have enough time to keep up with stuff on here. I worked all day then went directly to my WI appt and then home to eat dinner and ready for bed. I wish there were more hours in the day!

Anyways, as I expected WI wasn't the best, only down 1.4 pounds but at least it is a loss. It puts me at a total loss so far of 17.

My coach did give me several things to try differently this week. First of all she said to stop using the 1 oz of skim milk in my coffee. She knows it's allowed but said she thinks I will see better results without it. I am ok with using the vanilla shake, it is actually good in the coffee but my only concern is leaving it in the fridge to use again the next day. I am afraid it will not taste good or spoil some. I suppose I can put it in a container of some sort.

I am also not very hungry in the morning so I usually get ready for work then drink my coffee and take a mango shake to work with me to have a little later in the morning. It helps because I take a late lunch and if I eat breakfast for I leave the house I'm usually starving by my lunch time. I would normally drink the mango shake around 10 and go to lunch at 1 but she told me to stop doing that and that I need to eat breakfast within 1.5 hours of getting up.

Finally, she wants me to try splitting my animal protein....half at lunch and half at dinner. I think this will be difficult but she asked me to try it for at least one day. I'll give it a shot and we will see!

I hope everyone else is staying OP and has a good week. Good night!

Last edited by JulsD; 09-27-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:53 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

We're getting house guests this weekend. My SIL and a cousin of my DH's I've never met. Of course they want to go out and party a little. SIL's kids are with their dad this weekend so she'll be solo. I guess I'm DD! i haven't been "out" in this capacity in a very long time, let alone while on IP. I did convince everyone to have BBQ at our house instead of going out to eat. A big, juicy ribeye sounds great! I'm also gonna try making deviled eggs w/ WF mayo. Has anyone tried that? I usually mix the yolks with mayo, mustard, vinegar, sugar, and ground pepper. I can use splenda, but I'm having misgiving about the WF mayo from what others have posted about it. I guess we'll see what happens!

Scale isn't budging, but I've been shopping and trying clothes on that are smaller than anticipated. Tonight I tried on 9/10 trousers. I could button and zip them all the way!! They were too tight through hips and created a rather large muffin top, but a few months ago I wouldn't have been able to get them past my knees! I bought a new pair of jeans size 32X35. I also tried on 30s and 31s, but again, too much muffin top!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:16 PM   #72  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am sure your coach gave you the details about the Phases at your first appt. but here is a great link.

Phases:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...et-phases.html
Thank you! My Coach didn't go over the phases so the link was helpful-once I turned off my pop-up blocker!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Woohoo, what a good loss! Are you starting phase 2 for a specific reason? I thought I would wait until I got to 155 lbs (your stats are similar to mine). Or maybe I should stay on phase one until I get to goal?
I think every coach is a little different as to when you go to phase 2. My coach had me do it when I was 10 pounds from my goal weight. I really loved phase 2 and found it very satisfying and easy to stick to. You will lose weight in phase 2, especially if you follow it to a. T. Like I have told you before, I was nibbling on a little cheese and nuts in phase 2 so my last 10 were a little slow. For some reason, once I went to phase 2, I was satisfied enough with the way I looked, felt and with that way of eating that I quit obsessing over the scale and just went with it. I didn't get wound up if I had no loss or a low loss for the week because I was still losing inches and feeling thinner every week. Does your coach not have a plan or guidance as to when you will go to phase 2? Many people who stall out for a couple of weeks towards the end of phase 1, start losing 2-3 pounds a week again in phase2. You are looking awesome Sandy, hopefully I will see you out and about in person sometime soon so I can tell you in person how great you are looking. Maintenance is going well for me. I have not had any major cheat day- once I was " given permission", it does't seem nearly as exciting as it did when I was in the other phases. I am eating low carb with some added cheese and nuts! And I have lost another couple of pounds! I check out the maintainers thread and read about the 2-3+ pound gains from cheat days and how they spend the rest of the week checking the scale, and working to get back where they were. I guess that is the whole idea but I am not mentally prepared for that.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

My stomach seems to growl at night about 1-2hrs after I had my last packet for the night I ask my coach and she said it was my stomach shrinking. Does anyone have the same issue and if so what should I do I drink water but that doesn't help?????
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 185/175/150

Height: 5'7''

Congrats everyone on your successes!!! Ideal protein is great. Last week I was only down 1lb (probably due to TOM), but this week even though I felt like I didn't lose anything I lost 4lbs (had my WI today).

Bubu4eva30=Try hot tea. When I get the growls, hot tea seems to fill me up and makes me feel like I'm having something extra. Experiment with different flavors to find your go-to brand.
Closed Thread