Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #46  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I need some advice.... Okay, so I go to one of those coaches that doesn't allow anything restricted, no vegetables, no IP products. I'm in my 8th week of IP, strictly OP. I've chatted with a couple of people here and decided that I would have a tomato maybe once every 2 weeks or so, but I haven't done that yet. I just started coaching my 5 year old son's soccer team. There is a lot of running around to do with them and last practice I kinda felt dizzy at one point. So, I decided that I would try to have a 1/2 to a whole packet before the next practice. I was in the store today and was checking to see if they had any new WF products and I spotted the Atkins Advantage bars. Nutritional info: total fat - 12g (kinda high), Protein - 19g, total carbs - 22g, with fiber - 10g, sugar alcohol - 10g, sugar - 1g. I bought one. Also, I know some of the other brands of bars are better, but they don't sell those in my town. I would have to drive an hour to get to a place that sold them. Practice is tomorrow and Thursday. Was thinking 1/2 a bar tomorrow, the other half Thursday. Would you eat a 1/2 of this bar before soccer practice? Why or why not?
I would eat half the bar before and the other half after. It would be like adding another packet to your day. That is what I have read the others who exercise do. It would count as a restricted and who knows it might do your body good to have the restricted and your coach would never know. Try looking for the Pure Protein bars, they have them at Walmart or Sam's, they are pretty much equal in nutritional value as IP ones (I think) those are the ones my mom uses. Just a suggestion though
Old 09-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Great! Now I want pizza... check this recipe out...

http://kountrywheyidealprotein.com/g...uliflower.html

i'm thinking maybe add the IP cereal pancake recipe to it too, to make it bread-y...!!!??

throw some lean ground beef and veggies on it with some canned diced tomatoes/no salt added/paste...

Last edited by leganegan; 09-27-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #48  
strated IP Sept.26 2011

S/C/G: 266/173.8/180

Height: 5'9

Hi everyone. This is my 2nd day on the IP diet and I'm super excited. I'm just wondering what things those on Phase 1 eat for lunch am I just on the IP packet and a salad with veggies for awhile. Thanks so much and good luck everyone!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:33 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazzledmom04 View Post
Hi everyone. This is my 2nd day on the IP diet and I'm super excited. I'm just wondering what things those on Phase 1 eat for lunch am I just on the IP packet and a salad with veggies for awhile. Thanks so much and good luck everyone!
Hey there, Welcome to the boards. I have been on Phase 1 for 22 weeks now and I have a packet and my 2 cups of veggies everyday and will for a long time to come....ha....sometimes you can switch your lunch and dinner up and have your meat for lunch with 2 cups of veggies and your packet for dinner for a change of pace. I usually have my cold veggies for lunch like pickled okra or a cucumber and have my hot veggies at night. Like in a stir fry or baked

Enjoy reading the different threads lots of information to be found here and if you can't find it just ask, one of us will answer!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:41 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I just had Miracle Noodles last night. A little chewy, but so welcome after so long without any. Tonight I might have some with olive oil, garlic and truffle salt.
Can you tell me what Miracle Noodles are and where you find them. I had never heard of them before this diet and I still don't know what they are or where to buy them but I'd like to give them a try.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6"

Some wonderful losses I see posted today, Nice job everyone!!
I also see a couple of "newbies" out there, Welcome!! I'm sure you will find plenty of support here! These people are really great for the old ego

WI in T minus 1 hr and 15 minutes....I'm thinking between 2-3 lbs, not too bad. I've been having issues the last couple of days with "feeling fat" and craving toast with margarine. It's not TOM yet so I have no idea what it is unless it's just some junk my psyche is working through. Looking forward to hangin with my sisters this weekend, I've already studied a couple of menus for homework. It's really amazing how this all becomes second nature after a while
Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
Some wonderful losses I see posted today, Nice job everyone!!
I also see a couple of "newbies" out there, Welcome!! I'm sure you will find plenty of support here! These people are really great for the old ego

WI in T minus 1 hr and 15 minutes....I'm thinking between 2-3 lbs, not too bad. I've been having issues the last couple of days with "feeling fat" and craving toast with margarine. It's not TOM yet so I have no idea what it is unless it's just some junk my psyche is working through. Looking forward to hangin with my sisters this weekend, I've already studied a couple of menus for homework. It's really amazing how this all becomes second nature after a while
looks like you will have a fun weekend and are doing what you should do for a weekend like this....prepare yourself!! I know I had a blast while I was at home at my mom's for 5 days I really really enjoyed myself!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:07 PM   #53  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
looks like you will have a fun weekend and are doing what you should do for a weekend like this....prepare yourself!! I know I had a blast while I was at home at my mom's for 5 days I really really enjoyed myself!
Thanks Wuv I'm trying to prep myself for Phase 2 and really just trying to reawaken my brain because I've been on Phase 1 long enough now that it's all just a no brainer. I'm hoping to have an awesome weekend and do tons of shopping cause we get bitter winters here and I have no clothes...well nothing that will keep me warm in January anyways LOL
Old 09-27-2011, 05:17 PM   #54  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I would eat half the bar before and the other half after. It would be like adding another packet to your day. That is what I have read the others who exercise do. It would count as a restricted and who knows it might do your body good to have the restricted and your coach would never know. Try looking for the Pure Protein bars, they have them at Walmart or Sam's, they are pretty much equal in nutritional value as IP ones (I think) those are the ones my mom uses. Just a suggestion though
I plan to look for those bars the next time I go to Walmart, an hour away. I guess I wasn't really prepared for feeling bad during the practice. I try to plan for everything IP related in advance, I guess I just didn't really think that the added exercise would affect me that way. I already have to be careful because my blood pressure tends to bottom out on me at times. I learned that the hard way when I bent over to get clothes out of the dryer and stood up too fast.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #55  
fatmommynomore

I just wanted to say Hello and congrats to all of you that have lost and hello to he newbies! This weekend was tough, TOM was here and I just felt down but I stayed OP. My WI is Thursday so I am hoping for a something. I get on early in the day and then throughout I sneak a peak to see what everyone is up to. Does anyone know if we can have saurkraut?
Old 09-27-2011, 05:28 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 292/262/150

Height: 5' 3"

I have bought Miracle Noodles on line. They came very fast which is not always the case here in Alaska. I have only had the Angel Hair but I liked them.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:35 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 186/168/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
Good luck on your WI. I have done a few Phase 2 days but decided that this week I am starting Phase 2 for good. Scale was down a pound this morning. Sure hope that continues as the last 10 lbs were sure a bear to get rid of. Way to go on talking about your weight loss journey. You never know who you will inspire and whose life you might have saved!
I started on the protein diet on 9/9/11 and have been lurking on 3FC this past month. Just wanted to let you know that you are all an inspiration. AND, jd447, I LOVE your before and after pics! Congratulations! You look fantastic!
Old 09-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
I started on the protein diet on 9/9/11 and have been lurking on 3FC this past month. Just wanted to let you know that you are all an inspiration. AND, jd447, I LOVE your before and after pics! Congratulations! You look fantastic!
Well glad to see you came out of lurking..let us know how well you are doing sometimes
Old 09-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #59  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
I have just started on mon. so far so good. Do you ride bike? I just bought one, only I'm a beginner.
Old 09-27-2011, 06:27 PM   #60  
1Sunny1

S/C/G: 241/218/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Well, I did my weigh in yesterday and didn't get the boot from my indescretions! I was only down .8 but that's ok. This morning I stepped in the scale and saw 219.6!! I am very excited. Plus, I got to shop in my closet this morning. I have "new" pants on this morning! Yay me.
Closed Thread