Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 12:26 PM   #31  
cinammon

S/C/G: 202.8/187.6/145

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Starting Day 2. I had my breakfast and now have to go babysit grandson. I packed soup and measured out for my salad/veg. I feel good. I totally went into this program expecting to feel ravenous. that hasn't happened. If the whole program is like this, it'll be a piece of cake ( get it..cake!) I fully expect to struggle over the weekend. I need to break old habits as far as too much partying.
You have done great, sometimes the hardest part is getting organized to get vegetables washed and then the food packed. I had an event to go to on the weekend that kept us all hoping. I did take my lunch, after the gang went out for supper and I was amazed I could find something and then ask for changes. The rice I swapped out with whole mushrooms, the salad I asked for no carrots.

My parents came for a bbq. They had food I wasnít allowed, but I made sure there was cooked veggies, a large lettuce salad and I had a 7oz. steak. It was so delicious.

I was rewarded by my first weigh in of 8.9lbs down.

Keep up the work and no you will do it. The easiest diet Iíve ever found and I donít want to be in the same place next year that I have been over the last how many years saying ĎI wish I could lose weightí.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Had a horrible day yesterday where I had to take my dear mom to the emergency, luckily, she is doing fine and all the tests were reassuring, it turned out to be only a nasty indigestion she suffered from after eating a fatty dish the night before.

I couldn't eat right, could not have dinner, arrived home very late to eat anything.

Today, my scale marked a + 1.2 pounds, which I really don't care about comparing my concern about my dear mom. I hope by Thursday, I will have lost what I gained plus some more as I am back OP 100%.

Great to hear from you all and a special Thank You to Lisa (Wuv) for all your support.
Glad your mom is ok, i must've missed the post yesterday. How scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
I just had Miracle Noodles last night. A little chewy, but so welcome after so long without any. Tonight I might have some with olive oil, garlic and truffle salt.
Do they sell them in stores or you need to order them? I've looked but haven't found any yet. If in stores, are they where the tofu would be?
Old 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinammon View Post
I was rewarded by my first weigh in of 8.9lbs down.

Keep up the work and no you will do it. The easiest diet Iíve ever found and I donít want to be in the same place next year that I have been over the last how many years saying ĎI wish I could lose weightí.
Congrats, that's a great WI!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 PM   #34  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Morning all. Congratulations to all the "losers." Sandralosingweight, I'm glad your mom is okay.

Maile, what a great story.

Another 3 lbs gone for me -- after my first week doing mostly alternatives. Struggling with what to do when we go away for 2 weeks in the middle of November. I'm a planner and want to have a plan in place well in advance.

Have a great day, everyone!
Great job on the WI, don't forget to log in on the Halloween spreadsheet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripp View Post
Good Morning IP Family! Hope everybody is having as great a day as I am! I just can't even express how much better I feel on this plan and the hunger that I was having seems to have passed this week. Last week I was hungry in the morning before my lunch, but today I feel great!

I notice that lots of you are purchasing other products other than IP brand. Is there any place that I can go to look for other alternatives that are comparable, or am I better off (since this is only week 2) to stay with the IP stuff until I get my weight off?
A lot of people have had success with the alternatives that are comparable to IP foods, this is one of the sites they order from http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/ I personally am staying with the IP products until I finish but some have switched and are continuing to lose the weight. Its on what you want to do. Once you switch you no longer have a coach, but you can get lots of support here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Glad your mom is ok, i must've missed the post yesterday. How scary.

Do they sell them in stores or you need to order them? I've looked but haven't found any yet. If in stores, are they where the tofu would be?
At my store its in the produce near the Tofu stuff. My regular grocery stores don't have it but I go to this place called the Nut house and they have them there. My mom finds it at Winn Dixie back home but we don't have it here at mine.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Great job on the WI, don't forget to log in on the Halloween spreadsheet!

At my store its in the produce near the Tofu stuff. My regular grocery stores don't have it but I go to this place called the Nut house and they have them there. My mom finds it at Winn Dixie back home but we don't have it here at mine.
Wuv, so are they refrigerated ? Do you like them, I am dying to try them, I have been thinking about it for a while.
Thanks.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:13 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post
Good morning IPERS. I have been OP on Phase 2 for close to a week. My WI is tomorrow.

Last night I was asked to be an inspirational speaker at my gym Boot camp. It involved describing my weight loss journey of 9 months in front of strangers. I hope it helped some people and I received lots of compliments....but afterwards, I am the one who felt very emotional and exposed.

Off to exercise in the dark! Have a great Tuesday.
Good luck on your WI. I have done a few Phase 2 days but decided that this week I am starting Phase 2 for good. Scale was down a pound this morning. Sure hope that continues as the last 10 lbs were sure a bear to get rid of. Way to go on talking about your weight loss journey. You never know who you will inspire and whose life you might have saved!
Old 09-27-2011, 01:16 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks Wuv - I appreciate your input. I think that I too will stay with IP products. My coach is actually a fairly good friend of mine. I do, however, have a friend who is far more money strapped so maybe I could recommend those products to her and she could follow the same diet with me.
Old 09-27-2011, 01:26 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjlhj View Post
Wuv, so are they refrigerated ? Do you like them, I am dying to try them, I have been thinking about it for a while.
Thanks.
I like the noodles, there are 3 different ones, regular noodles, angel hair and fetticuine(sp) I have had the angel hair and fetticuine ones. The bag for a serving of 2, yes they are refrigerated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bripp View Post
Thanks Wuv - I appreciate your input. I think that I too will stay with IP products. My coach is actually a fairly good friend of mine. I do, however, have a friend who is far more money strapped so maybe I could recommend those products to her and she could follow the same diet with me.
My mom has loss 45lbs using the EAS carb control drinks and the pure protein bars, she bought her stuff at Walmart and Sam's. She followed our program and just ate those when we were having the IP foods.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:02 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Fun recipes Lauren. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to wait for Thanksgiving to try them.

I am excited to get my hands on some noodles tomorrow. My coworker just emailed me and she found 2 kinds of noodles for me at a store near her house. One has tofu in it and has 3 grams of carbs per serving and the other is made with yam flour and is 0/0/0. I haven't had a noodle in 3 months! I hope they are good.

yum, if you try any, you can be our guinea pig and let us know the verdict
especially if you try the stuffing....
I just had miracle noodles for lunch with spinach! very comforting and warming, good to eat since i'm feeling as though my body is trying to get sick.

yam flour... interesting!
Old 09-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Hi all! I have not been posting much lately. I have been very busy. Congrats to all of you that are doing so well!

So I had some friends a couple over one of which is doing south beach to lose some extra weight. He has 30 more pounds to lose. We are both competative and now the challenge is on. The first one of us to lose 30 pounds wins. We don't even need a prize, just the glory of winning. He has to get to 205 and I have to get to 175. Cheer me on ladies!

I also donated some more clothes to Goodwill. I had to show my BF my winter coat from last year. I tried it on to see if it was still wearable. Not at all. He was like no way did that ever fit you.

Keep with it all, it is nice getting to hear all the compliments on weight loss acheivements from friends, family and coworkers.
Old 09-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #41  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Gosh! I go away for 2 hours and we are at 3 pages so far. i wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with all my questions. I don't know all your names YET", but I'm getting there.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:07 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Hi all! I have not been posting much lately. I have been very busy. Congrats to all of you that are doing so well!

So I had some friends a couple over one of which is doing south beach to lose some extra weight. He has 30 more pounds to lose. We are both competative and now the challenge is on. The first one of us to lose 30 pounds wins. We don't even need a prize, just the glory of winning. He has to get to 205 and I have to get to 175. Cheer me on ladies!

I also donated some more clothes to Goodwill. I had to show my BF my winter coat from last year. I tried it on to see if it was still wearable. Not at all. He was like no way did that ever fit you.

Keep with it all, it is nice getting to hear all the compliments on weight loss acheivements from friends, family and coworkers.
Glad to see you are still around, I was wondering where you had been. Its always good to have a good challenge. My cousin and I are kinda like that now. I have 58lbs more to lose and he is at 56 more to go. I told my mom I wanna get to my goal FIRST!...haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Gosh! I go away for 2 hours and we are at 3 pages so far. i wanted to say thank you to everyone who has helped me with all my questions. I don't know all your names YET", but I'm getting there.
Oh just hang in there, you will get to know us all pretty well
Old 09-27-2011, 03:33 PM   #43  

I was surfing some of the other threads on 3fc and found this recipe, I think its doable. What do y'all think? The only thing I see that we can't have is the cheese because its ONE cup, but I am sure we could come up with something else with all of our creative minds right?

You Won't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust

1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower**
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2tsp fennel
1 tsp oregano
2 tsp parsley

pizza or alfredo sauce
toppings
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees farenheit.

Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray.

In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with fennel, oregano and parsley.

Bake at 450 degrees for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes if you double the recipe).

Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust, add sauce, then toppings and cheese.

Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:58 PM   #44  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I need some advice.... Okay, so I go to one of those coaches that doesn't allow anything restricted, no vegetables, no IP products. I'm in my 8th week of IP, strictly OP. I've chatted with a couple of people here and decided that I would have a tomato maybe once every 2 weeks or so, but I haven't done that yet. I just started coaching my 5 year old son's soccer team. There is a lot of running around to do with them and last practice I kinda felt dizzy at one point. So, I decided that I would try to have a 1/2 to a whole packet before the next practice. I was in the store today and was checking to see if they had any new WF products and I spotted the Atkins Advantage bars. Nutritional info: total fat - 12g (kinda high), Protein - 19g, total carbs - 22g, with fiber - 10g, sugar alcohol - 10g, sugar - 1g. I bought one. Also, I know some of the other brands of bars are better, but they don't sell those in my town. I would have to drive an hour to get to a place that sold them. Practice is tomorrow and Thursday. Was thinking 1/2 a bar tomorrow, the other half Thursday. Would you eat a 1/2 of this bar before soccer practice? Why or why not?
Old 09-27-2011, 04:06 PM   #45  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

Wuv, I saw a recipe the other day that used ground meat and eggs to make a pizza "crust". Mix 1 pound ground meat and 2 eggs, press into a pan and bake until crispy but not burnt, then top with sauce, veggies, cheese and broil until melted. Thought about using the recipe in maintenance.
Closed Thread