Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 10:38 AM   #16  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone,

Had a horrible day yesterday where I had to take my dear mom to the emergency, luckily, she is doing fine and all the tests were reassuring, it turned out to be only a nasty indigestion she suffered from after eating a fatty dish the night before.

I couldn't eat right, could not have dinner, arrived home very late to eat anything.

Today, my scale marked a + 1.2 pounds, which I really don't care about comparing my concern about my dear mom. I hope by Thursday, I will have lost what I gained plus some more as I am back OP 100%.

Great to hear from you all and a special Thank You to Lisa (Wuv) for all your support.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 AM   #17  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

Had a horrible day yesterday where I had to take my dear mom to the emergency, luckily, she is doing fine and all the tests were reassuring, it turned out to be only a nasty indigestion she suffered from after eating a fatty dish the night before.

I couldn't eat right, could not have dinner, arrived home very late to eat anything.

Today, my scale marked a + 1.2 pounds, which I really don't care about comparing my concern about my dear mom. I hope by Thursday, I will have lost what I gained plus some more as I am back OP 100%.

Great to hear from you all and a special Thank You to Lisa (Wuv) for all your support.
So glad your mom is okay, and the gain was probably just stress and you should lose it fast. Have a good day.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:50 AM   #18  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

You are welcome

I am glad you mom is doing better that is always scary when things happen and you don't know what it is. I agree with Roller, your gain is probably stress so it should come off easy and quick. You know I am here if you need to talk. Try to have a great day or at least a good one
Old 09-27-2011, 11:12 AM   #19  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! I had a tough day at school yesterday but I didn't eat over it! I love my cappuccino in the morning with a cup of coffee! I buy 7 packs every week! I think it is something I am always going to want around unless I find a cheaper alternative. I weigh in tomorrow so I am excited for the Whoosh Fairy to come and get me to the 40 pound mark. That might be wishful thinking but a girl gets to dream.

Have a great day!
You will make it girl. I, on the other hand, probably will not and as of Thursday I was only 1 pound away. This week has been so up and down it's not funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???
That's an amazing week 10 weigh in. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by colley View Post
Is pretty pumped for a couple of weeks of Phase 1, hopefully I can get this last 10 off quickly as the scale didn't move at all for 3 weeks in Phase 2. Plus I have a wedding this weekend so hopefully that wont throw me off too much, 3rd one this summer, and been OP for this whole journey!!!!
I am planning on losing 100% before phase 2 because I've heard too much of this. Good luck losing the last 10. Shouldn't take too long!

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

I'm glad she is ok. Here's to hoping Thursday brings great numbers for both of us!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #20  

I'm still .8 up from where I was Thursday as of this morning. I'm getting really frustrated about it. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat most days. Yesterday I stayed home from work and I had a shake in my coffee like always for breakfast and then a shake at about 2 but I skipped the veggies because I just plain wasn't in the mood to eat. At dinner I ate a little bit of chicken and forced 2 cups of veggies down and then had a whole bar at 8. This morning as I was packing lunch I didn't want anything. I brought the shake and figured I'd be fine but then last minute I threw a couple of pickles in a baggie and brought those too. I'm not sure if I will eat them but I have them if I need something. I know it's not considered veggies but it's something. I am pretty sure I could go until about 5pm without eating and be just fine. (And yes, I know, it's not good.)

Last night I had a food dream and I never have food dreams. I ate 4 sugar cookies and a choc chip cookie at my grandma's house. I don't even like sugar cookies! I have been feeling guilty about it all morning and I know I didn't do it. Isn't it weird how real it feels?

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #21  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Starting Day 2. I had my breakfast and now have to go babysit grandson. I packed soup and measured out for my salad/veg. I feel good. I totally went into this program expecting to feel ravenous. that hasn't happened. If the whole program is like this, it'll be a piece of cake ( get it..cake!) I fully expect to struggle over the weekend. I need to break old habits as far as too much partying.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:38 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
Well, I drove in nasty weather yesterday to my Week 10 weigh in... and I lost 5.4lbs!!!! Inches didn't budge too much, but after 1lb gain last week. I am so happy. Especially with TOM coming this weekend...
Total in ten weeks is 27lbs. 15lbs to go seems attainable now. My coaches goal is to get me through Phase 3 by thanksgiving. I have already found some great IP recipes for Turkey Day! Seems like one of the easiest Holiday's to survive actually.

Is anyone as excited as me to use the Holiday Smilies???
Congrats on the great loss!!!

Quote:
Good morning everyone,

I'm sure it's just water retention from the stress. It will be gone by tomorrow and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I'm still .8 up from where I was Thursday as of this morning. I'm getting really frustrated about it. I'm never hungry and I have to force myself to eat most days. Yesterday I stayed home from work and I had a shake in my coffee like always for breakfast and then a shake at about 2 but I skipped the veggies because I just plain wasn't in the mood to eat. At dinner I ate a little bit of chicken and forced 2 cups of veggies down and then had a whole bar at 8. This morning as I was packing lunch I didn't want anything. I brought the shake and figured I'd be fine but then last minute I threw a couple of pickles in a baggie and brought those too. I'm not sure if I will eat them but I have them if I need something. I know it's not considered veggies but it's something. I am pretty sure I could go until about 5pm without eating and be just fine. (And yes, I know, it's not good.)

Last night I had a food dream and I never have food dreams. I ate 4 sugar cookies and a choc chip cookie at my grandma's house. I don't even like sugar cookies! I have been feeling guilty about it all morning and I know I didn't do it. Isn't it weird how real it feels?

Good luck to Tuesday weighers!
I have been having a very hard time eating the last few days as well. I did a P2 day yesterday to try to shake up my metabolism and taste buds a bit. I also had my second pilates class yesterday so maybe the exercise has something to do with it. I had an extra unrestricted packet right before class. I am feeling a little hungrier this morning. We'll see if I can get all my veggies in today. I think I'll have a veggie omelet with real eggs for dinner tonight.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:41 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Originally Posted by odirish View Post
Starting Day 2. I had my breakfast and now have to go babysit grandson. I packed soup and measured out for my salad/veg. I feel good. I totally went into this program expecting to feel ravenous. that hasn't happened. If the whole program is like this, it'll be a piece of cake ( get it..cake!) I fully expect to struggle over the weekend. I need to break old habits as far as too much partying.
Glad to hear you are loving the program. I think weekends are the hardest for me because everyone wants to go out and eat. Keep it up.

Down 21.6 4wks I am glad but it's hard!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Opps, how selfish of me WUV, thanks for reminder...
here are some recipes for holidays...

CRANBERRY JELLY:Ingredients:
Water
1 IP Raspberry Jelly packet
3 tsp Walden Farms Raspberry Jelly Blueberry cranberry, pomegranate drink
1 tsp Stevia or other sweetner
let it settle in fridge.

STUFFINGIngredients:
2 cups of your favorite vegetables chopped up in food processor
1 cup of diced mushrooms
3 egg whites
1 tsp Poultry Seasoning
1 tsp Redmond’s Real Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
8 – 16 oz water
1 -2 TBS Braggs seasoning
IP packets:
1 – Chicken Soup
1 – Oatmeal
Optional Seasoning:
Rosemary, Basil, Thyme and/or Garlic
Prepare Oatmeal Biscuits (Page 69 – Volume 2 Ideal Protein Healthy Recipes):
Beat 1 egg white then stir the IP Oatmeal packet until mixed thoroughly. Add 2oz. water until batter is thin and spoon able – but not runny. You may want to add a tsp of poultry seasoning or other seasoning of your choice. Spoon batter onto a non-stick baking sheet and bake at 400 for about 10 min. or until golden brown. Once biscuits are cooled tear up and let dry out an hour or two.
In a mixing bowl put dried oatmeal biscuits, seasonings, chopped veggies, mushrooms and Braggs. (if desired, add your IP soy nuts) Mix and set aside. In your blender bottle or other mixer, mix 8 oz of water with your IP Chicken Soup mix well (more water maybe needed). Add two egg whites to soup mix. Mix well then pour over veggie/biscuit mix stir (should be a moist mixture) and then place in an olive oil sprayed casserole dish. Cook about 20 min at 350.

I think I’m good with just Green beans and olive oil, but if you are a casserole person…
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLEIngredients:
3 Packets IP Mushroom Soup
12 Oz. Veggie Broth (The water for the soup) 1 ••• teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos
2 Containers of sliced mushrooms ••• teaspoon ground black pepper
teaspoon Real Salt (Mix of Onion & Garlic)
3-5 cloves of garlic (minced)
1-2 teaspoons Olive Oil 8 cups cooked cut green beans
••• Red Onion
••• teaspoon Onion Powder
1 teaspoon Fresh or spice Dill
TIP: 2 bags (16 to 20 ounces) frozen green beans, 4 packages (9 ounces each) frozen green beans or about 3 pounds fresh green beans.
Slice Onion into rings and spread minced garlic, some salt, and dill with olive oil over onions. Bake in oven for 15 minutes at 300 (just to soften them)

If using fresh green beans slightly steam for 3-5 minutes to soften.
Soup Mix – Stir the soup, veggie broth &/or water, Braggs, black pepper, beans, other spices, some mushroom slices – mix in blender.
In 3-quart casserole dish mix the green beans, mushrooms, and soup mix. Then top off with the rings of slightly cooked red onions
Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the bean mixture is hot and bubbling. Ready to serve. Optional – Mix before serving
MASHED “POTATOES”Ingredients:
1 head of fresh cauliflower
Onion powder
Garlic powder
REALSALT (Sea salt), to taste
1 packet of Ideal Protein Leek soup or Ideal Protein Chicken soup
Optional: Wasabi Powder (to taste – gives it a zing!)
Optional: 1-2 tsp. Olive Oil
Steam (preferred) or boil the cauliflower until it is very, very soft. Drain the water (if boiled). Add the seasonings (be creative) and add ••• -1 packet of any of the soup mixes (to taste). Add Olive Oil and mash well – serve steaming hot
CUSTARDIngredients:
2 Butterscotch IP Puddings
2 Vanilla IP Puddings
1 Egg White
Dash of Real Salt
Pumpkin Pie Spice & Nutmeg (To Taste)
Bake 20 minutes 350 Degrees / Chill
I might try this with just 2 vanilla pudding and one butterscotch and crumble brown sugar splenda and vanilla nut bar on top.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:47 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Just tried the crepes and the omelet in the past two days and was pleasently surprised at how good they were. I added another egg to the omelet because I can’t eat 8 oz of protein in an evening so I usually eat some of it for either my breakfast or lunch. Everytime I try a new IP food I expect to hate it, but that just hasn't happened yet!! Have a great OP day!!
Old 09-27-2011, 11:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Fun recipes Lauren. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to wait for Thanksgiving to try them.

I am excited to get my hands on some noodles tomorrow. My coworker just emailed me and she found 2 kinds of noodles for me at a store near her house. One has tofu in it and has 3 grams of carbs per serving and the other is made with yam flour and is 0/0/0. I haven't had a noodle in 3 months! I hope they are good.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Fun recipes Lauren. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I'm going to wait for Thanksgiving to try them.

I am excited to get my hands on some noodles tomorrow. My coworker just emailed me and she found 2 kinds of noodles for me at a store near her house. One has tofu in it and has 3 grams of carbs per serving and the other is made with yam flour and is 0/0/0. I haven't had a noodle in 3 months! I hope they are good.

I just had Miracle Noodles last night. A little chewy, but so welcome after so long without any. Tonight I might have some with olive oil, garlic and truffle salt.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:03 PM   #28  
Started I.P 06/11/11

S/C/G: 190/158/125

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post

I eat them all the time!!!!! They sure curb the fact that i have had pasta in almost 4 months, so it works for me!!! Be sure to rinse them before using them so you can get rid of the fishy smell lol
Old 09-27-2011, 12:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Morning all. Congratulations to all the "losers." Sandralosingweight, I'm glad your mom is okay.

Maile, what a great story.

Another 3 lbs gone for me -- after my first week doing mostly alternatives. Struggling with what to do when we go away for 2 weeks in the middle of November. I'm a planner and want to have a plan in place well in advance.

Have a great day, everyone!
Old 09-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 221.2/211.8/150

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning IP Family! Hope everybody is having as great a day as I am! I just can't even express how much better I feel on this plan and the hunger that I was having seems to have passed this week. Last week I was hungry in the morning before my lunch, but today I feel great!

I notice that lots of you are purchasing other products other than IP brand. Is there any place that I can go to look for other alternatives that are comparable, or am I better off (since this is only week 2) to stay with the IP stuff until I get my weight off?
Closed Thread