Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 07:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Default IP Daily Chat Friday 9/23

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 09-23-2011, 07:48 AM   #2  

Good morning!! I went ahead and started a just Friday daily chat since that's what we've been doing the past few weeks. I can always change it to the weekend later if need be.

This morning I stepped on the scale and I could not believe it. I entered a brand new decade, one that I can't remember being in since my kids were born I wanted to dance and scream a little bit on the scale, but that would have woken the kiddos.

Last night, I was getting my jelly's all ready for the week and decided to take the advice of others here and mix my chocolate puffs and PB puffs. Oh my goodness!!! I snuck 2 (one of each flavor) and it was delicious!!! I can't wait until lunch today!

Good luck to all those with WI's today!!

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 09-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #3  

Bump just to get today over Thursday's thread. I couldn't figure out how to lock it without posting to it.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:59 AM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Good Morning, I didn't noticed you had started this one and started another one....lol.....but I closed it. Had a good time last night and stayed OP at the rehearsal supper. Had brisket, salad and cauliflower rice dressing was quiet yummy. No one could tell that we were eating different than anyone else. Drank MIO and everyone thought we were having wine, it was quiet funny. Today we don't have much to do but go get more bread to make pimento cheese sandwiches and bring mom get a mani/pedicure. Going to take it easy today I think but tomorrow is a whole different story....lol.

Everyone have a great OP day!
Old 09-23-2011, 08:44 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 244/244/155

Height: 5'5"

Yvetteski - thanks so much for finding the info on the cleanse!! I'll start tomorrow.

Sherwood
Old 09-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #6  

Wuv, enjoy the wedding and don't get too tired!

I need to lose 3.5 pounds this week if I want to get to my 40 pounds lost status next Wed. Can I do it? I will sure try and maybe that will be the motivation for me to step it up a notch this weekend. I have scrapbook club tomorrow at my house, yeah!!!

Have a good Friday everyone!

Last edited by sandyh50; 09-23-2011 at 09:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:27 AM   #7  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Wuv, enjoy the wedding and don't get too tired!

I need to lose 3.5 pounds this week if I want to get to my 40 pounds lost status next Wed. Can I do it? I will sure try and maybe that will be the motivation for me to step it up a notch this weekend. I have scrapbook club tomorrow at my house, yeah!!!

Have a good Friday everyone!
You can do it! I wanna come scrapbook! Tonight I'm getting together with my scrapping friends but we are decorating pumpkins instead. We are going to get together and do 1 craft off of pinterest each month. (I'm pretty exciting huh!) I don't get a lot of scrap time during the school year so I'm way behind.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:29 AM   #8  

Has anyone else not rewarded themselves at all yet? I haven't! I just can't come up with anything I HAVE to have. I do know that when I get to goal I want a pair of Miss Me jeans but that's the only thing I've had in my head the whole time. What are some cheap rewards? I'd like to do something for myself at 40lbs.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:46 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Good Morning,

Today is WI day and tonight and tomorrow 35th class reunion. I am on the decorating committee. This is WI #12, 3 full months without a cheat! yeah me!

ItsAboutTime - I did a pedicure, bought a lavender courduroy jacket & scarf from Eddie Bauer (beautiful) and I have treated myself to Bath & Bodyworks candles, as well as, a couple of "beauty" products from Sephora. I bought 2 pair of size 14 jeans from Wal-Mart to get me through. 16's fall off, some 14's still tight in tummy.
Wuv, you are so good! I might pick up a "wine" colored MIO today to have for the class reunion, get sick of people saying "why aren't you having a drink?"
Well, I will post the WI before I leave for the reunion tonight! Have a great day
Old 09-23-2011, 09:51 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Has anyone else not rewarded themselves at all yet? I haven't! I just can't come up with anything I HAVE to have. I do know that when I get to goal I want a pair of Miss Me jeans but that's the only thing I've had in my head the whole time. What are some cheap rewards? I'd like to do something for myself at 40lbs.
I haven't rewarded myself yet. I'm down over 30 lbs since June/July, but I keep pushing the goal out. At first it was 20, then 25, now I've decided 50. Not sure what I'll even do.

In the old days, it would have been food-related. Maybe a day at the Korean women's spa -- I've been really self conscious for so long and hope at 50 lbs I'll be less so.

I think a cheaper reward would be a mani/pedi.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Morning all. Happy first day of Fall! It's kind of humid and unseasonably warm in my part of the Pacific NW, but we'll take it. Soon the rain will start and won't stop until July.

Just discovered my Proti-Thin alternatives have aspartame. Not happy. I don't think the little amount in them will affect my loss, but I don't like consuming aspartame at all for health reasons.

My little guy goes back to pre-school after being away for most of the week for a tummy virus. So happy to have him well enough to be around other kids for a bit.

Have a great day all!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:58 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post
Morning all. Happy first day of Fall! It's kind of humid and unseasonably warm in my part of the Pacific NW, but we'll take it. Soon the rain will start and won't stop until July.

Just discovered my Proti-Thin alternatives have aspartame. Not happy. I don't think the little amount in them will affect my loss, but I don't like consuming aspartame at all for health reasons.

My little guy goes back to pre-school after being away for most of the week for a tummy virus. So happy to have him well enough to be around other kids for a bit.

Have a great day all!
Rainbowmom,
You can check the ingredients, I have Protithin that are made with Sucralose.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #13  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowmom View Post

Have a great day all!
yes you have to check the nutritional facts before purchasing, that is why I don't use the canadian one that was linked here, they had NO info on nutritional values.

Good Friday Morning to you all... today is a good day, it is warm and suppose to be all weekend yahhh... so as a reward, my friend is treating me. There is a dog charity event at a Tattoo place this weekend, and because I will soon lose my old dog I am getting a tattoo of her paw print. She has a vey unique paw it only has 3 toes... I am excited and nervous as I have never had a tattoo before, and it also means no giving blood for a year... I feel bad about that part but I have been wanting a tattoo for quite some time just really don't like needles but because the money is going to a dog rescue organization I thought I would brave it. Will let you know on Monday how this goes and if I chickened out.

Welcome everyone, congrats on all your NSVs and SVs.. I had a nsv yesterday, team meeting, our group is scattered across alberta so we met in Calgary yesterday and one of the guy's hasn't seen me since I started... he couldn't believe I had lost so much... It was very nice. I was always the big one in the group and now I am more in size with the other 2 ladies, though they are still skinnier than me but I am very happy with where I am right now, and hope to go further. Only time will tell.

Have a great day... I am so happy don't really know why, maybe because it is friday and my dogs are both doing well and life is just good... (even though I forgot my breakfast today!) Off to get breakfast a friend has in the kitchen for (Joanne's) emergencies...
Old 09-23-2011, 10:23 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 239.6/see ticker/160

Good morning!
I have been on hiatus for the month of September!!! I am back though, I had so much going on, I was not OP, but I also did not gain, I actually lost a pound without really trying. I am so glad to be back, I must tell you my body did not like some days and it is also a struggle to get "back on the wagon" after having somewhat free reign. I am so happy to reconnect on here and get and give support! On to my next 40lbs to lose!!!
have a wonderful day all!
Old 09-23-2011, 10:53 AM   #15  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning everyone!
I too have not rewarded myself specifically for my weight loss, my first mini goal is to lose 50 before end of this month, and I am close so we will see.

I did buy myself a new road bike last week to help me keep in shape over the winter, so I guess that is kind of a reward but I didn't really look at it that way when I got it.

My only goal I have in mind is for when I am done, I plan on buying a new set of motorcycle gear because my old stuff is all too big now

Good job keeping focused everyone, keep up the great work.
Closed Thread