Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 11:36 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
WI today, didnt lose anything ...except 3 1/4" !!! I'll take that tyvm!! I lost 5.6 lbs last week so a week of catch up was in order. Plus I've been stressed to the max with kiddo BS at school, yes its still going on, plus I'm fairly certain that I cut back too far on the old carbolas. Meh, live and learn. Quick little inquiry...how do you ladies deal with a bladder infection while OP? I typically reach for some cranberry juice when things just don't feel right but thats not an option so....any creative ideas?
This is from the Medical FAQ pdf. Don't remember where I got it but its in my IP Folder on my computer.

"40. One of my dieters has been on the protocol 2 weeks and she was diagnosed
with a UTI. But as it turns out, it was not an infection. But her urine was
showing very acidic when they did test it. She said it burns after she
urinates.

The reason her urine is so acidic is that she's "spilling out" a lot of ketone bodies
(which means she's really in the fat burning zone!). To relieve the burning, have her
squeeze the juice of 1/2 lemon in 1 pint of water and drink (4) of these per day, i.e.
2 liters. Next, tell her to put 1/2 teaspoonful of baking soda in 5 oz. of water and
drink this between breakfast and lunch and another dose before she goes to bed.
Should the burning persist, add a third dose between lunch and supper. All of this
will bring the urinary pH into the "6" range and the burning will stop. This "trick" is
also good to recommend to dieters who, on their Health Profile have indicated they
have had kidney stones or gout in the past. If she needs two doses of the 1/2 tsp. of
baking soda, she probably should cut back on her salt as baking soda contains quite
a bit of sodium."
Old 09-20-2011, 11:57 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 175/146/130

Height: 5'4"

Well, I am just getting into this diet and am having some early on frustrations. I will have my 4th weigh in on Thursday. My first two weeks were awesome...5.6 lbs lost and 5.4 lbs lost. Then last week's weigh in was a complete bummer...only .6 lbs lost and it isn't looking like I am going to lose even a pound this week. I have not cheated at all and followed the program nearly to a T. So I need some assurance that this isn't completely abnormal? I read other peoples posts who are losing 15-20 lbs in a few weeks...what if I continue on and continue not to lose? Have I hit some sort of plateau? Help...I so need encouragement from people who have been through this!!!! Thank you soooo much in advance for your help!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #108  

Unhappy New at all of this...forum & diet!!! :-)

My name is Brandi and I am just getting into this diet and am having some early on frustrations. I will have my 4th weigh in on Thursday. My first two weeks were awesome...5.6 lbs lost and 5.4 lbs lost. Then last week's weigh in was a complete bummer...only .6 lbs lost and it isn't looking like I am going to lose even a pound this week. I have not cheated at all and followed the program nearly to a T. So I need some assurance that this isn't completely abnormal? I read other peoples posts who are losing 15-20 lbs in a few weeks...what if I continue on and continue not to lose? Have I hit some sort of plateau? Help...I so need encouragement from people who have been through this!!!! Thank you soooo much in advance for your help!!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 AM   #109  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpnme View Post
Well, I am just getting into this diet and am having some early on frustrations. I will have my 4th weigh in on Thursday. My first two weeks were awesome...5.6 lbs lost and 5.4 lbs lost. Then last week's weigh in was a complete bummer...only .6 lbs lost and it isn't looking like I am going to lose even a pound this week. I have not cheated at all and followed the program nearly to a T. So I need some assurance that this isn't completely abnormal? I read other peoples posts who are losing 15-20 lbs in a few weeks...what if I continue on and continue not to lose? Have I hit some sort of plateau? Help...I so need encouragement from people who have been through this!!!! Thank you soooo much in advance for your help!!!!
You are not experiencing anything abnormal. Your body is catching up to the 11lbs you lost in 2 weeks. You will have this happen a few times. We lose the weight so fast that our bodies have to catch up to the losses. I have been 100%OP since April 27th and I have a couple of weeks ago where I did not lose ONE OUNCE nor ONE INCH!. If your TOM (time of the month) is around that could have something to do with it. You could be retaining water for some reason. Don't stress about it, We have a few people that are very slow losers and have lost only like 5lbs in a month. Everyone is different, but this program does work. Another thing is if you don't have a lot of weight to lose it may come off slower. Those of us who have to lose more weight seem to come off faster. Just give it time, the weight WILL come off....trust me on that!

You will notice a trend in your weight loss, you will have 3 good weeks and one slow week or something like that. But don't stress!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-21-2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #110  

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I am a girl and tom starts Friday. I always have pms the entire week before so that is what I attributed last weeks lack of loss to...but two weeks in a row...ugh!!! I have about 30 lbs left to lose (although would like to get down 40 more!!!)
I have just found this forum and have never been on one before so I am just trying to figure out my way around!!!

Thanks again, I so appreciate any advise/encouragement I can get!!!

Brandi

BTW...you look awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS to YOU!!!
Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 AM   #111  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by scpnme View Post
Thank you so much for your encouragement! I am a girl and tom starts Friday. I always have pms the entire week before so that is what I attributed last weeks lack of loss to...but two weeks in a row...ugh!!! I have about 30 lbs left to lose (although would like to get down 40 more!!!)
I have just found this forum and have never been on one before so I am just trying to figure out my way around!!!

Thanks again, I so appreciate any advise/encouragement I can get!!!

Brandi

BTW...you look awesome!!! CONGRATULATIONS to YOU!!!
Thank you and you are welcome, Just ask and one of us will be more than happy to answer the questions for you. I weigh in in the morning and I am hoping to hit my 80lbs mark....LOL
Old 09-21-2011, 03:06 PM   #112  
Started LC 1/1/12

S/C/G: 185/179/145

Hi I am new here. I had never heard of IP before today. I had asked a few questions but so far haven't gotten any response. Anyway..I took it upon myself to find a WL center about an hour from my house. My first appt. is Sun. and i will begin my weightloss on Monday.
have a question..how hard is it to give up the carbs? I'm the first to admit that I am a carboholic. Which is why I'm probably 40 to 50 lbs. heavier than I should be. Does anybody post menus here?

Mary Ann
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM   #113  

Mary Ann,
I am fairly new...will have my 4th weigh in tomorrow! I can tell you, it is probably one of the easier diets that I have tried. I love it because I don't have to think about what I am going to eat...it is 3 pre-packaged foods/drinks (usually breakfast, lunch, and snack for me) and a light meal with lean meat - fish and chicken are the leanest and veggies. I will tell you that the first two weeks were the easiest for me as I was really full all the time. These last two weeks I have had more cravings but tend to just drink hot tea to get through them. On another note, I have been to 2 parties and a 40th birthday bash and did not even have the desire to cheat!!! :-) I lost 5.6 lbs the first week, 5.4 lbs the 2nd week which was enough motivation not to be bad!!! Last week wasn't great, only .6 lbs lost but I look at it two ways...one, I was pms'ing and two, as others have commented, my body might have needed some time to catch up with itself. Tomorrow is the day before my TOM starts so I am not thinking I will lose much if any but am hoping that next week will be awesome!!! Good luck to you!!!! :-)

Brandi
Closed Thread