Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 02:50 PM   #61  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunLoser View Post
I agree with everyone else on this...I wouldn't do it. I believe there's sugar in jerky. Oh how I wish....

At my WI this morning, my coach doesn't want me to have any restricted packets this week. My weight loss has been slow for about a month, but I'm okay with that.

She said the soy patty is restricted--anything above 9g of carbs is a restricted. Only 1 bottle of Propel Zero and no MIO. Oy!

I'm going to visit my sister in CT and am a little concerned about the plane ride and being hungry if I can't pack a bar. Oh well.
You could bring a packet of crispy cereal and get a little water in a cup when they serve drinks. Would make a nice snack. I too would bring a restricted in my purse just in case.

My husband and I made beef jerky using a dehydrator. That way you know exactly what is in it. The down side is you have to weigh your 8 oz before you dehydrate it and it sure looks smaller when you are done!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:53 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 166.6/142.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Do you have an extra bar? I would bring it with me just in case. She will never know if you had it or not. When I went on my bus trip this past weekend I put some Ice in my shaker and by the time I needed it it was melted. Maybe once you are behind security you can get some ice to put in your shaker, so you can have it and shake away without the ball so it doesn't make a lot of racket. It mixes well without the ball. You can ask for water on the plane. Just a thought
Yes, I do have extra bars. Your suggestion sounds so reasonable. I would rather have the bar on the plane (if I don't get to eat anything in Atlanta) than to have pretzels and peanuts. And I do plan to always have a bottle of water on me once I pass thru security.

That's what I'll do. Thanks!
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 166.6/142.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
I believe the soy patty is not restricted! I remember there was a whole thread about it!
Really? Some coaches say it's not restricted? I just don't know at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
You could bring a packet of crispy cereal and get a little water in a cup when they serve drinks. Would make a nice snack. I too would bring a restricted in my purse just in case.

My husband and I made beef jerky using a dehydrator. That way you know exactly what is in it. The down side is you have to weigh your 8 oz before you dehydrate it and it sure looks smaller when you are done!
I don't have any cereal...I didn't even think of that this morning. I was so shocked! lol
Old 09-20-2011, 03:02 PM   #64  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Default Powdered Milk - Is anybody using this?

Hello,

I wanted to create a thread about this, but was too scared since I've heard that they don't want us to create threads unless absolutely necessary.

I was wondering if anyone is using powdered milk for our milk allowance of 1oz of milk per day.

I am using skimmed powdered milk and I usually use a tsp in my coffee, not sure at all if this would equal 1oz of liquid milk, but this is what I am using for now cause I find it very convenient bringing it to work where they only have 2% and 10%.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:03 PM   #65  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Thanks Wuv. I've just searched through all the stickies and can't find anything about why it was moved. but I will go and look again.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:04 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
I will be MIA most of the weekend, I am leaving to go to my mom's tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday. Its my nephew's wedding so we have lots to do. I will be OP 100% while I am there, and most of you know me and I WILL be 100%....lol....I will check in from time to time when my mom gives me a break from doing things for the wedding. I am leaving after my WI tomorrow but I'll check in here with my loss before I leave. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Have fun at the wedding! Did you end up finding a new outfit, i know you were looking awhile back but decided to wait til it was closer to the date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Hi y'all. I haven't been around in a while. Having a difficult time. first of all, I have restless leg syndrome and ran out of meds and I literally didn't sleep for days. I had minimal sleep for several weeks but last week I went two days with no sleep at all. It was pure torture. then I went and got new meds and did nothing but sleep for a few days.

While I was struggling with the sleep issue I got a bad cold so generally felt like &^%$%.

I didn't go full bore off IP, but at night between midnight and 6 am. I ate or drank or took whatever pills I could find. Luckily I hardly had any food that wasn't IP so I had no bread or sweets but too many packages - one night I had four puddings! I also ate cheese and other protein foods I could find.

And then after my worst day I actually went out and bought pizza and ice cream.

But when I got my pills and got some sleep I smartened back up and I've been being pretty good again.

Surprisingly, I didn't actually gain weight. I was so expecting to gain weight last week that I wore my jeans for the weigh in. I figured I'd be gaining anyway I might as well transition to heavy clothes and I LOST 1 lbs.

However it was after that - on Friday or Saturday that I ate the pizza and ice cream so I don't know how I'll do this week.

It's disappointing because I feel like I wasted almost 3 weeks and I wasted a bunch of $. Imagine! I ate 4 puddings at $4 each! All between midnite and 4 a.m. What a dope!

Anyway, I'm back to being good. Must be in ketosis again because I'm not having cravings and finding it easy again.

Tomorrow is my weigh in. tonight I'm going to a local weight loss group called thinner winners. We all put in $40 and go each week to weigh in. Everyone who loses each week is put in a draw to win $25. But at the end of the 12 weeks, the highest loser gets the pot - several hundred $. I figured I'd be a shoo-in because you can't beat IP for weight loss. I did tell them that I'm on a specific diet. But if I screw up like that again, I won't be the thinner winner.

Hey, how come Ideal Protein forum was moved? I couldn't find it and had to do a search.
Sorry you've been having trouble sleeping, i have restless legs too but not to your degree so i can just imagine the pain you're in Glad you're back on track and i'm sure you'll win the pot
Old 09-20-2011, 03:07 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Saw a lady I haven't seen since I started this diet and she said how great I looked and not to melt away and get too skinny! love it! :-) Anyway, she was asking how much I had lost she said so you must be 140s or so now. I honestly told her No, I wish. I'm still around 159. I got in the car and started thinking.....UM NO you are 149 I couldn't believe it! I wanted to run back and tell her! ;-) Funny how sometimes your mind doesn't quite catch up and realize how good you are doing!
On another note, my personal scale said 146.7 today so I hope it stays for WI!
Good job on everyones losses! Love checking the site to see how well everyone is doing! It's keeping me on track!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:10 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
I will be MIA most of the weekend, I am leaving to go to my mom's tomorrow and won't be back til Sunday. Its my nephew's wedding so we have lots to do. I will be OP 100% while I am there, and most of you know me and I WILL be 100%....lol....I will check in from time to time when my mom gives me a break from doing things for the wedding. I am leaving after my WI tomorrow but I'll check in here with my loss before I leave. I hope everyone has a great OP day!
Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the wedding! Its so encouraging to see you traveling so much and always staying OP!
Old 09-20-2011, 03:44 PM   #69  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Thanks Wuv. I've just searched through all the stickies and can't find anything about why it was moved. but I will go and look again.
Looks like the deleted the thread I was talking about but here is what Jordanna found out when she emailed Suzanne....

I emailed Suzanne to ask her why we're being moved...It concerns me that people looking for the forum would never think to look in the mail delivery area because the majority of us do go to coaches and only a small percentage get food from idealtogo.com

Received reply from Suzanne - apparently it's for "packaged" meal systems, not just mail delivery meal systems, which is what IP also is

BusyMom, I never did find a "new" outfit for the wedding. I am bringing a few different options with me so that my mom can help me chose an outfit that looks ok. I will probably end up wearing a dress I wore to my brother's wedding 10yrs ago(yes I still have a dress 10 yrs old) its just a plain simple black dress. It is way bigger on me than it was 10 yrs ago but I think it will pass the test we will see. I did by a smaller black dress and it has the high waist and I just find it makes me look prego cuz of the waist. I asked the opinion of one of my son's friends and she said it was cute but I just don't know, So mom will make the final decision for me...haha....You know mom's always know best

Dancer, when I make up my mind to do something there is no stopping me. I think I could be faced with something really tempting and would not even budge for it. THAT is how determined I am to lose this weight. WATER and VEGGIES are my new best friends!!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 09-20-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:48 PM   #70  

Height: 5'4"

Akward! Just went down to talk with my husband at break and it's beautiful, super windy but nice none the less, so we went outside. One of my husband's supervisors came up to us and said, "I've just noticed in the past week or so that you have lost a lot of weight. I hate to say this with Eric right there but you are smokin hot." We laughed because this man could be my dad. Now everytime I walk past my hubby he says, "Smokin hot!"
Old 09-20-2011, 04:03 PM   #71  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Akward! Just went down to talk with my husband at break and it's beautiful, super windy but nice none the less, so we went outside. One of my husband's supervisors came up to us and said, "I've just noticed in the past week or so that you have lost a lot of weight. I hate to say this with Eric right there but you are smokin hot." We laughed because this man could be my dad. Now everytime I walk past my hubby he says, "Smokin hot!"
LOL....well if its true then let them say it!! but I can understand it being awkward! One of my son's friend's told me the other day....Mom you are looking awesome these days, he is 23 yrs old....I said why thank you child...hahaha
Old 09-20-2011, 04:10 PM   #72  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Good morning everyone!

I have to confess to everyone here that I am a Phase 3 failure. I've been sick since starting phase 3 last week. My stomach just does not like what I've been eating.
You would think that the lure of the breakfast would keep me in line, but in reality, I've been skimping on breakfasts and had only my standard Phase 1 fare a couple of times. I don't know what this is going to mean when I phase off for good. I want to do it right!
I have only put back 2 lbs since going to Phase 3, which will be nice since it should come off relatively quickly when I go back to phase 1 next week. I need to get to 170 (maybe 165) after this little break. Honestly, I feel so yucky that I regret taking a break. It hasn't been worth it so far! It has been a good learning experience for me, that's for sure!
I am sorry you have not had a good experience for phase 3, I guess you will have to go real slow after going to phase 1 again, maybe next time it won't be so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Happy Tuesday everyone! The chill is in the air here in SD and the wind is ridiculous! My weigh in was today and I lost 4.5 lbs this week. I was very excited about this.

I keep wanting to click on the "like button" when I read everyone's posts. We NEED a "like button!".

I asked this yesterday, does anyone eat jerky? A co-worker is on IP and she told me when she got hungry to eat jerky. Anyone do this?
I always thought about a like button too... as for jerky you could make your own but like Lynn said 8 oz before dehydration is sure smaller after.
we use to make jerky all the time. I miss those days going to visit my dad and he would have deer jerky and smoked fish... yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd447 View Post
This weekend, the scale finally started to move again. I have been stalled for about a month. It has been driving me crazy. I started a cleanse this last week and I think that may be what is fueling the new drop. I had really been hoping to be phasing off by now. I am still struggling with continuing on to my "goal" of 150 or just being happy where I am. I am happy with my size - currently in a comfortable to loose size 8. Even though I know in my mind that the bmi scale isn't the be all/end all, it is how they look at you whenever you go a Dr. - I had really been wanting to get below that healthy bmi - I think it is 154 lbs for 5'6" so it is only another 7 pounds but since it has taken me over a month to lose this last 9 lbs, I just don't know if I have it in me to lose the next 7! It seems like I have been OP forever. I started the second week of February. At the same time as my mind is going through all this, I am scared of phasing off and "blowing it" and ending up at 250 lbs again. Sometimes I wish I could just turn off my mind!
I am still on a 30 day cleanse and am not sure it is helping with my weight loss, i guess I will find out when I am finished it. I like you want to get to the lower end of my bmi and my coach agrees, I just have to buckle down for the last 14 lbs and see how that goes. I told my friend that weight loss is kind of addicting and I believe it.. but that is because I still see me as fat.

Quote:
too funny... but kind of creepy too...
one of the guy's here today said it was time for me to stop losing weight that I am getting too skinny... if he only knew what was under my clothes... told him I am just about finished.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Welcome to the board, you will find lots of help here along with ton's of information. Don't be afraid to ask questions we are all on the same journey with our weight.

Welcome, you will find this program to be one of the easiest one to follow. In just 21 weeks I have 78lbs gone. So it is possible, just stick with the sheet and follow it to a T with NO CHEATS! and you will see the pounds melt away...good luck

This made me literally laugh out loud, gotta love him.

I have never heard that we could eat jerky so my answer would be no!

Can't wait to hear how the wedding goes! Time goes by so fast! It's already here! Take a picture!
Old 09-20-2011, 04:12 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 200/148/150

Height: 5-1

Quote:
So I asked my husband if my hair looks the same in the back as when my hair dresser did it because I've been trying to perfect it the past week or so.

Me: Is my hair starting to look right in the back?
Him: I don't know.
Me: What do you mean you don't know? I can't see the back of my head like you can.
Him: I don't look at your hair when you walk away dear.
Me: Lordy!
That is so funny and so typical of the male species. I was laughing out loud at work. Thanks for sharing.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #75  
fatmommynomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
This is a great idea! I figured jerky was out of the question when she told me this. (She lost 35lbs on IP) but I thought I better ask the professionals. Thanks girls!
Closed Thread