Old 09-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #16  
Started IP July 8th

S/C/G: 325/210/210

Height: 5' 10"

I will admit I got a good deal when I started, but anything over $200 for start-up is too much in my opinion and that was with all the vitamins, shaker and a week of food.
Also my clinic doesn't charge a monthly fee.
I did recently find some cheap alternatives for the cal-mag and the multi-vitamin.
Cal-mags can be replaced on amazon for a cost of 300 pills for $7 instead of 120 for $25 and if I remember right I will end up taking less, the potassium is the only thing I couldn't find a good replacement for.
So I figured I could swing that one, and that is also the one that lasts the longest so I can take that.
Also the multi-vitamin I got 200 for $14 instead of 60 for $25... just a thought.
Wayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:50 PM   #17  
Started IP: 5/14/11

I started out on IP, after 3 months on it and paying $112 bucks a week, I got the procedure down. I've lost 20 pounds on alternative products and have NO regret stopping the actual IP process.
Dan is Boring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:17 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/194.5/140

Height: 5'5

I can't thank you all enough! I'm so glad I posted here! And yes the initial consult was 300 and actually would have come to almost 500 after food and vitamins. Thank goodness I cancelled and phoned around.

I found a lovely coach at another clinic who is very personable, supportive and informed (and has gone through similar life experiences as I have). Her initial consultation, food, and months supply of vitamins came to $215, with a weekly follow up of 90 for food. So I joined!! Tomorrow is day 1. I'm so excited and happy, and don't feel quite as burdened financially.

I'm going to give it a go with this clinic as long as I can, but will definitely keep in mind all the tips how to do this program more affordably.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you in the days and weeks to come. And I just wanted to say again how appreciative I am of everyone here who has taken the time to help me out. Your experiences, recommendations and helpful advice have been the best!

Many thanks

Last edited by startingoveragain; 09-20-2011 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add info
startingoveragain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:32 PM   #19  
Maintenance since 8/2/10

S/C/G: 173/130/130

Height: 4'11"

So happy to hear you found a more affordable clinic! I think having a coach and guidance, as well as accountability really helped me to stay motivated. Good luck and lots of losses!
cajunladybug22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #20  
Started IP Aug 9/2011

S/C/G: 266/195

Height: 5' 7"

Glad you found a cheaper alternative for your IP! Sounds like a reasonable cost too. The other ones will figure it out after they stop seeing new customers walking in the door.

One good thing is thought I'm paying $112/week (4 packets) I've also been saving money by not going out to lunch and not driving around for lunch. Plus I'm not buying junk food, or much else at home. It doesn't cover it all, but sure does take away the sting when I by my packets.
Y Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #21  

Height: 5'7'

Good luck with the plan. Once you get through the first week - it takes time to wrap your head around it AND remember to take all the supplements AND stop bad habits, but then it does get easier.

I've been on IP for 2 months and lost 30 lbs. I started adding in some alternative products, however, I don't want to quit completely becuase I love my coach and don't want to give her up.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 PM   #22  

Thanks, yes I hear that the first week can be intense, but I've planned for a couple of diversions from the junk food withdrawals. (I hate to admit it but I have been a junkfood junkie - so very true with what you say Y guy - I will definitely be saving money there!)

So the plan is a manicure and a haircut when I'm feeling up to it this next week. (A little indulgence from the money I saved! hehe) - And a little pick me up because I'll probably be feeling like crap over the next few days.

I do think I found a really great coach as she is going to call me on my second, third and fourth day of the program - just to help me thru those tough days. Is that standard protocol? or is she going above and beyond?

I was also wondering has anyone found it beneficial to take up a hobby, or something to focus on (instead of food) to get through the tough times?

I'm thinking of a little art class.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #23  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by startingoveragain View Post
Thanks, yes I hear that the first week can be intense, but I've planned for a couple of diversions from the junk food withdrawals. (I hate to admit it but I have been a junkfood junkie - so very true with what you say Y guy - I will definitely be saving money there!)

So the plan is a manicure and a haircut when I'm feeling up to it this next week. (A little indulgence from the money I saved! hehe) - And a little pick me up because I'll probably be feeling like crap over the next few days.

I do think I found a really great coach as she is going to call me on my second, third and fourth day of the program - just to help me thru those tough days. Is that standard protocol? or is she going above and beyond?

I was also wondering has anyone found it beneficial to take up a hobby, or something to focus on (instead of food) to get through the tough times?

I'm thinking of a little art class.
She is going above and beyond so you have an awesome coach. On your 3-4day you will probably get a really bad headache but just put some sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it straight off and drink some water, within 15 mins it will be gone. It is a good idea to get your mind off of food with a new hobby. For me its getting on here and posting, I probably post too much sometimes but I am helping others out in the mean time so its all good
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:20 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
She is going above and beyond so you have an awesome coach. On your 3-4day you will probably get a really bad headache but just put some sea salt in the palm of your hand and lick it straight off and drink some water, within 15 mins it will be gone. It is a good idea to get your mind off of food with a new hobby. For me its getting on here and posting, I probably post too much sometimes but I am helping others out in the mean time so its all good
What a great tip with the salt, thank you!

And I'm so glad your hobby has been to come here and share your wisdom and encouragement, how grateful we are for all that you give.

Last edited by startingoveragain; 09-20-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: m
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I can't thank you all enough! I'm so glad I posted here! And yes the initial consult was 300 and actually would have come to almost 500 after food and vitamins. Thank goodness I cancelled and phoned around.

I found a lovely coach at another clinic who is very personable, supportive and informed (and has gone through similar life experiences as I have). Her initial consultation, food, and months supply of vitamins came to $215, with a weekly follow up of 90 for food. So I joined!! Tomorrow is day 1. I'm so excited and happy, and don't feel quite as burdened financially.

I'm going to give it a go with this clinic as long as I can, but will definitely keep in mind all the tips how to do this program more affordably.

Looking forward to sharing my journey with you in the days and weeks to come. And I just wanted to say again how appreciative I am of everyone here who has taken the time to help me out. Your experiences, recommendations and helpful advice have been the best!

Many thanks
That is how much my first visit cost too and it did average out to about $90 per week after. So glad you called around.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:09 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 196/172/140

Height: 5'4

Quote:
I'm scheduled for my first consultation tomorrow, but after reading many threads here, i'm having second thoughts. Can anyone provide me with some last minute advice? How many are doing this on their own with support found here, and saving alot of money?

If I choose to go on my own though, can I still go to a nearby clinic and purchase packets without signing up? (I know there is the online option, but picking up locally would save shipping.)

I have on file the whole protocol through the 4 phases, as well as FAQ from IP. (Many thanks to wonderful links and threads for those!)

Appreciate any advice you can give!
I agree, 400 for what you are getting is too much. I would ask for any discounts they offer and that you know of other clinics who give more for less.

It is hard to answer the question for you. Be sure to be very honest with yourself. I hate that I need to be kept track of. I am a control freak but I need to go in once a week and weigh in. I like IP better than Weight Watchers becasue she is going to tell me what I did wrong and ask me questions about my week.

The money is hard to part with. We all work so hard for it but I think it works! I think being made accountable will keep you motivated and on track. I know I think twice if I am going to cheat, do I want to dissapoint myself or my coach? The answer is always "no".

Good luck!
yma311 is offline   Reply With Quote