3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I need a substitute for the Crispy Cereal!!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243396-i-need-substitute-crispy-cereal.html)

Luv a Greyhound 09-19-2011 12:42 PM

I need a substitute for the Crispy Cereal!!!!

Hi all, I have read A LOT of posts on the alternative products sticky thread but still didn't find any with a substitute for IP's crispy cereal. I LOVE that stuff but I am unemployed as of 10/3 and can not afford $27 for a box of cereal. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if your weighing in on the cereal....what is your favorite milk chocolate pudding substitute. Thanks in advance for your help!!! :^:

Suzanne 3FC 09-19-2011 03:10 PM

I don't have an answer, but it's a great question! If someone is able to help, I'll be happy to add it to the big substitutions thread to help other members :)

Pauley 09-19-2011 03:14 PM

If you are using the cereal to make a pancake, there is a good pancake alternative from Proti-thin or Proti-diet available from Nashua. If you are actually eating it as cereal, I don't know.

sandralosingweight 09-19-2011 03:44 PM

I tried this one and I loved it, much more than the IP one:

Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut

Did not try to make a crepe out of it, but you can try I guess.

MtnGirl 09-19-2011 03:44 PM

crispy cereal substitute...

I use Kashi Go Lean cereal... 13 grams of protein per serving. And instead of milk, I use half a carton of EAS Carb Control vanilla drink, which combined, ups my total protein grams for my breakfast. I'm watching my $$ also, and this is a good alternative.

Luv a Greyhound 09-19-2011 05:21 PM

Thank you! I do use it as a cereal but will try your recommendation should I decide to try pancakes. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pauley (Post 4038915)
If you are using the cereal to make a pancake, there is a good pancake alternative from Proti-thin or Proti-diet available from Nashua. If you are actually eating it as cereal, I don't know.

Luv a Greyhound 09-19-2011 05:23 PM

:hug: I will try it! I do use it as a cereal. Eating cereal in the morning makes me feel "normal." Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4038949)
I tried this one and I loved it, much more than the IP one:

Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut

Did not try to make a crepe out of it, but you can try I guess.

Luv a Greyhound 09-19-2011 05:25 PM

Thanks! I will have to give it a try. Any idea how many carbs are in a serving of Kashi Go Lean? :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnGirl (Post 4038950)
I use Kashi Go Lean cereal... 13 grams of protein per serving. And instead of milk, I use half a carton of EAS Carb Control vanilla drink, which combined, ups my total protein grams for my breakfast. I'm watching my $$ also, and this is a good alternative.

DThieme 09-19-2011 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtnGirl (Post 4038950)

Just curious, how big is a serving? 1/2 cup?

wildflower613 09-19-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv a Greyhound (Post 4039056)
Thanks! I will have to give it a try. Any idea how many carbs are in a serving of Kashi Go Lean? :)

1 Cup of Kashi Go Lean high fiber/high protein cereal has 30g of carbs (it is in my PH3 breakfast plans), you would want to only use 1/2 Cup and would still need to count it as a restricted. I second the Honey Nut cereal, that is yummy and I only use that as an unrestricted. 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk (Unsweetened) adds only .5 carb and 0 sugar which is what I use for the milk.

Does anyone know if that Proti thin / Proti Diet pancake mentioned above would count as restricted? I have not seen the nutrition facts on that one but right now the IP Crispy Cereal is one of the only reasons I still visit my clinic! (for the pancake)

Suzanne 3FC 09-19-2011 06:56 PM

Curious... How many servings are in a $27 box of cereal?

Edit.. I found the answer, 7 servings :faint: The Protidiet cereal suggest above averages 10.95 for 7 servings.

Wildcatinwa 09-19-2011 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 4039087)
Does anyone know if that Proti thin / Proti Diet pancake mentioned above would count as restricted? I have not seen the nutrition facts on that one but right now the IP Crispy Cereal is one of the only reasons I still visit my clinic! (for the pancake)

here is the info on the Protidiet Pancake

With 6 carbs and 15g protein and 1g fat I don't think it is restricted, but I am not sure:

N u t r i t i o n F a c t s

Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 90 Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1g
Saturated Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 40mg
Sodium 390mg
Potassium 75mg
Total Carbohydrate 6g
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 1g
Protein 15g

Wildcatinwa 09-19-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luv a Greyhound (Post 4038718)
Anyone have any suggestions? Also, if your weighing in on the cereal....what is your favorite milk chocolate pudding substitute. Thanks in advance for your help!!! :^:

I would love to hear suggestions on the milk chocolate and strawberry pudding.

The IP strawberry has 1 carb and I have not found anything that comes close?? Proti-thin is 8 carbs.

Ryuu 09-19-2011 10:55 PM

Someone mentioned almond milk. Is that allowed? i was drinking that before I started IP and really miss it.
Also thanks for the cereal suggestions, I too was wondering how I could fulfill that need.

DThieme 09-19-2011 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildflower613 (Post 4039087)
1 Cup of Kashi Go Lean high fiber/high protein cereal has 30g of carbs (it is in my PH3 breakfast plans), you would want to only use 1/2 Cup and would still need to count it as a restricted. I second the Honey Nut cereal, that is yummy and I only use that as an unrestricted. 1/2 Cup of Almond Milk (Unsweetened) adds only .5 carb and 0 sugar which is what I use for the milk.

I get very confused with all the IP language. just want to make sure I understand. I am in week 3, what should I eat?

1/2 cup of Kashi or Protidiet Protein Soy Cereals - Honey Nut?
and can i already used unsweetened almond milk?

sorry, just clarifying, don't want to make a mistake this early, but getting bored with breakfast.