3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Mon 9/19 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243365-ip-daily-chat-mon-9-19-a.html)

wuv2bloved 09-19-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4038990)
No I somehow missed that! I will have to find it and try it out with next weeks Zucchini. Sounds yummy! I miss Apples!

Here ya go!!

Faux apple dessert

large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4038909)
Haha yeah I couldn't figure out why they didn't want us to have the daily question thread anymore, especially since I got my comment in under the radar, but I really appreciate your answer! I have 3 more 2 cup servings of zuchunni and yellow squash portioned out and ready for me in the fridge. I will probably fix 1 for DH for dinner tonight, but I wanted to make sure I wouldn't mess myself up.

It is felt that having a daily question thread, we will still get the same questions asked over and over again. What I believe Suzanne is trying to do (and she can correct me if I interpeted it wrong) is because we were complaining about same questions over and over again, and that it also isn't fair to the newbies to search through the daily chat threads that if someone has a question they should First look at the stickies, if can't find it do a search for it as described by Suzanne's sticky on read this first. Then if you still can't find an answer open a new Thread with a proper description in the title so if anyone else has the same question it can easily be searched.
That way the daily chat thread is left for chat, nsv sv and day to day talking and questions are answered seperately.

I hope I got this right. Apparently the IP Thread isn't very well organized and after looking at some of the others I agree, but I don't know how to fix it. I especially like some of the recipe links in the other groups threads hopefully our wonderful modirators can help us fix.

wuv2bloved 09-19-2011 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandralosingweight (Post 4038982)
Actually, I tried, don't have a clue! I see that I have my e-mail!

Wuv, can you please tell me how to add my contact info?

Its still no there to send you a message. Click on my name and see if you can send me a message.

NavyMommy 09-19-2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4038999)
It is felt that having a daily question thread, we will still get the same questions asked over and over again. What I believe Suzanne is trying to do (and she can correct me if I interpeted it wrong) is because we were complaining about same questions over and over again, and that it also isn't fair to the newbies to search through the daily chat threads that if someone has a question they should First look at the stickies, if can't find it do a search for it as described by Suzanne's sticky on read this first. Then if you still can't find an answer open a new Thread with a proper description in the title so if anyone else has the same question it can easily be searched.
That way the daily chat thread is left for chat, nsv sv and day to day talking and questions are answered seperately.

I hope I got this right. Apparently the IP Thread isn't very well organized and after looking at some of the others I agree, but I don't know how to fix it. I especially like some of the recipe links in the other groups threads hopefully our wonderful modirators can help us fix.

That makes sense!! I haven't looked at many of the other diet areas, but I do notice that ours seems to be one of the most active, and since it's kind of a tricky plan (not complicated, you just have to STICK WITH IT) I can see where lots of the same questions can be asked over and over. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution soon. I know I looked at the FAQ threads but they're so long I never read all the way through them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4038993)
Here ya go!!

Faux apple dessert

large zucchini
cinnamon
Splenda

Preparation

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. Season with cinnamon and Splenda or apple pie spice. Microwave in a small glass dish, covered, for a few minutes for a “baked apple” dessert. *(or the same ingredients can be simmered in a small saucepan with water to create apple butter.)

I made this in the microwave was yummy. If you sprinkle the splenda and the cinnamon and stir together before cooking you could just eat it like that, taste like an apple

Yum!! I will have to try that! Now I'm regretting slicing all that zucchini already for the stir-fry!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4039006)
That makes sense!! I haven't looked at many of the other diet areas, but I do notice that ours seems to be one of the most active, and since it's kind of a tricky plan (not complicated, you just have to STICK WITH IT) I can see where lots of the same questions can be asked over and over. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution soon. I know I looked at the FAQ threads but they're so long I never read all the way through them.

Yum!! I will have to try that! Now I'm regretting slicing all that zucchini already for the stir-fry!

This recipe as well can be found in the recipes 3 thread. I find that searching works quite well for me when I want a specific question answered.

NavyMommy 09-19-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4039011)
This recipe as well can be found in the recipes 3 thread. I find that searching works quite well for me when I want a specific question answered.

Yeah I was going to go back and search but wuv is so amazingly on top of things she got to me before I got the chance. I can't wait to try it!!

Do you have any tips for searching on this site? I've never found the vBulletin search engine to be very user friendly or effective. I know some people have mentioned doing google searches. How exactly does one do that within the message board?

DThieme 09-19-2011 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4038906)
yes you can have herbal ice tea. Have you tried putting lemon or lime wedges in your water? Also you can add flavorings to your water. Sometimes I used Coconut extract in my water for a different flavor or even some peppermint extract.

really? I was told ALL fruit juices are a no no, including lemon juice.
I even bought the True Lemon, thinking it was ok, but it has less than 1 gram of carb.

thanks for the tip with the extracts, must try!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NavyMommy (Post 4039030)
Yeah I was going to go back and search but wuv is so amazingly on top of things she got to me before I got the chance. I can't wait to try it!!

Do you have any tips for searching on this site? I've never found the vBulletin search engine to be very user friendly or effective. I know some people have mentioned doing google searches. How exactly does one do that within the message board?

Okay I admit I can't use the search here very well either. I usually go to google. so for the apple recipe I did "zucchini apple recipe:3fatchicks:ideal protein and it came up with several links. and it is in recipes 2 page 28.

then I tried a test with this search and did a zucchini apple recipe:ideal protein and it brought up a few links there too but you would still have to search through that thread to find the exact recipe...

I haven't tried the advanced search here... will test that next.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DThieme (Post 4039047)
I even bought the True Lemon, thinking it was ok, but it has less than 1 gram of carb.

some extracts have alcohol in them so be careful which you get, I guess the best rule of thumb is read the labels... I also use True lime, true lemon and true orange. :dizzy:

wuv2bloved 09-19-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DThieme (Post 4039047)

Use it in moderation, I mean don't use the whole bottle in one sitting but use enough to flavor your water and add a splenda. ALL coaches are different, my coach said I can use the lemon or lime juice but that is the only juices I use.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 05:32 PM

Okay so I have been experimenting with the search function and it does work quite good... Mind you I just looked for zucchini apple recipe. so I went into search, advanced search select ideal protein diet, and check posts or threads (I thought it narrowed it down better with the posts) and type zucchini apple recipe for keyword and it worked really well, it brought up the WUV one that she put in recipe 3 and the Beachbella one she put in recipe 2 thread. Hope this helps everyone. Now I am going back to playing with the search to see about question answering...

LoriS 09-19-2011 05:37 PM

Never posted on this site before. Started IP on wednesday last week, liking it so far.... one question (iam sure more to follow...)

Can i have regular mustard? i dont like hot mustard + never tried the grainy they speak of...???:)

2RIDEROLLERCOAST 09-19-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoriS (Post 4039068)
Never posted on this site before. Started IP on wednesday last week, liking it so far.... one question (iam sure more to follow...)

Can i have regular mustard? i dont like hot mustard + never tried the grainy they speak of...???:)

French's mustard in canada some say 0/0/0 unfortunately not all of them have the nutritional info on them anymore, just a phone number you can call. but yes I use the french's mustard all the time. as for hot mustard some of that has calories as well same for the grainy (or dijion) mustards... the best thing is read the label, if it is 0/0/0 it is fine. Been using it quite a bit and before IP I didn't like mustard... I have a quick recipe for a homemade mustard that I adjusted for IP and I use splenda instead of sugar. PM me if you want it.

DThieme 09-19-2011 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4039057)
some extracts have alcohol in them so be careful which you get, I guess the best rule of thumb is read the labels... I also use True lime, true lemon and true orange. :dizzy:

I saw told not to use true lemon/lime, but I guess every once in a while is ok now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4039066)
Use it in moderation, I mean don't use the whole bottle in one sitting but use enough to flavor your water and add a splenda. ALL coaches are different, my coach said I can use the lemon or lime juice but that is the only juices I use.

thanks for the tips!

DollFaceBella 09-19-2011 06:02 PM

Afternoon all....hope everyone is having a good OP day.
WI tomorrow aft and my scale has hardly budged, if at all....I've decided to go to Phase 2 starting October 5 regardless of what the scale says but I am hoping to be out of the 160's by then. Yes, I'm scared but if I pay attention and do my homework I'm pretty sure I got this. I have to giggle as my hairdresser started IP on Saturday and I've been getting texts from her. I'm actually sharing info with a newbie, it's nice to know I've learned a thing or two over the last few months :)