Closed Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #31  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Sandra - Have you sat down and try to figure out why you cheat on the weekends? Sometimes all it takes is sitting down and really thinking about what causes it.

Rollercoaster - great NSV!

Day 5 of the cleanse for me today. It actually hasn't been going bad at all, until last night. Last night I would literally have to bolt to the bathroom to make it. I'm hesitant to take the pills today, THANK GOODNESS I work from home. I am travelling again on Sunday so I wanted to start the cleanse before I am working in the office, I am so great full that I have.

Otherwise a busy weekend and stayed OP. I'm too scared to cheat in fear that I may not get back OP. My clinic has a IP speaker coming in tonight, I will be missing most of it as it's during the day but there is the workshop I will be making it to. I'm interested to see what it's all about.

Have a great OP Monday!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:06 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I was really excited to get on the scale this morning and see 192.0 I have 2 days until my official WI, but the WI is in the afternoon, not first thing in the morning like my last one so I'm hoping to be low enough to show some loss. I'm not expecting much because of all my body went through last week, but a little something would go a long way toward keeping me motivated

Next week I am going to try adding 1 restricted a day. I eat mainly white fish for dinner so I know I'm not getting many calories there, and I think it might help get my calories up a bit. After all the reading I've been doing I'm probably not getting enough calories a day. If it affects me I'll go back to just a couple a week, but with hubby going back on a normal /morning shift it will be really nice to have something so convenient for lunches.

Silly little NSV for me today. I made a diaper delivery this morning after dropping my daughter off and passed by every single fast food establishment I saw. Breakfast has always been my favorite meal to eat out, plus several of the places around here have a great deal on sodas in the morning and I drove right on by. It used to be every single time I got in the car I would get at least a Diet Limeade from Sonic or something but I didn't today!

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
I like to think of it as determined and dedicated but sometimes my husband says I'm borderline obsessive. I try to keep the crazy lady tucked away in my head so he doesn't think this.
That made me seriously LOL! I have to keep the crazy lady tucked away too, otherwise he might find me out!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #33  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leganegan View Post
I am having my first discouraging day on the diet.
My coach weighed me in at 8am at my work ( I typically weigh in at 4:30pm at clinic) So I was excited and THOUGHT my numbers would be super low without a belly full of water and veggies from the day. …well I was 155 last week and 156 today! ?????? AND my inches stayed the same…I just don’t know what went wrong.

My coach either. I am beyond organized and OP, have never cheated. I know I need to just ignore it and keep on staying OP. But it messes with your mind.

I didn’t even eat restricted this past week!

I am going to start working out this week. She said even a brisk 30 minute walk and doing some weights is all it will take and she thinks I’ll be happy with turn out.

(she lost 40 LBS just brisk walking after she had her child).
What makes matters worse… TOM is expected to visit me the weekend of October 1st. So I am praying for a better weigh in next week in preparation for the bloat from TOM.

My coach knows I am eager to be at goal by October 15th when I have a weekend wedding out of town. And she actually approved and encouraged me to enjoy that weekend and eat whatever I want, but continue to take supplements and 2 IP packets for morning and night (she even said she strongly believes after a night of drinks and then having the ideal protein before bed actually helps with the hangover affects the morning after…interesting…). She said since it will mark 3 months on the diet by that wedding she said I deserve to enjoy that weekend. That was so nice.

Sorry for venting, but as supportive as friends and family are, you all are really the ones who know the efforts we make every second of the day and the temptations we face and refuse! It is just upsetting when it doesn’t show.

Everyone have a wonderful OP week! No cheating! Stay strong and healthy!
don't be discouraged, I agree because you are use to having restricted and then quit your body might be in starvation mode. Give it a week of eat how you normally do and see what happens.
You are doing great just keep it up.

Sandra - I will ask my coach if she can explain today when I wi. will let you know tonight.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:32 PM   #34  
Maintaining since 11/8/11

S/C/G: 170/141.5/140

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning! (It's still technically morning)

Very excited today. Yesterday I hit the 20 lb. mark and this morning my scale said 149.5! I haven't been in the 40's for at least 10 years or so! So happy!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:55 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 225/156/125

Height: 5' 0"

Hello everyone. I am SO frustrated this week. I have weigh in tomorrow and my weight still has not BUDGED. It went down a few ounces and is now up a few ounces but I just don't understand. Since I have been on this diet, this has never happened to me! I have been completely OP so I am just frustrated and blah. I know the weight will come off if I keep with it but I am in a time crunch now so it is stressing me out.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:57 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Just tried to post in the IP Questions thread and it got locked down as I was typing Here's my question quickly before I have to run out the door:

Alright, so I'm pretty sure I know the answer, but can we have summer squash as a veggie? Is it restricted? I think I remember reading elsewhere that the summer yellow variety is okay since it's so similar to zucchini, and the squash on the sheet is winter squash (pumpkin, butternut, acorn, ect.) but I want to make sure. I had some for lunch and with how quickly it goes bad I want to eat it before it turns.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:01 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
The reason they kick you out is because it's not healthy to go in and out of ketosis all the time. They don't want to be responsible for any harm you are doing to your body when they don't condone it.
I'm sure other people will not like this opinion but I want to chime in on this, I'm sorry if I offend anyone!

I personally don't believe it's 'unhealthy' to go in and out (...I don't think it's going to help you lose weight thou). I posed this question to my coach's coach (a nutritionist) she actually said "Ketosis can be entered into while sleeping and can be considered a natural function of a healthy body." She indicated she recieved her info from the head scientist of IP based in Canada. She's an an area rep and is my coach's mentor. I did a lot of research on it and could not find this to be true or untrue. Something to consider though.

Personally, I believe they kick you out because the you aren't losing and it makes the whole picture of the diet look bad. Clinics want people to lose weight and if they do it following the strict protocol will lose weight fast there by having more people sign up. A negative view I know.

Just my humble opinion though!

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-19-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:06 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalison View Post
Hello everyone. I am SO frustrated this week. I have weigh in tomorrow and my weight still has not BUDGED. It went down a few ounces and is now up a few ounces but I just don't understand. Since I have been on this diet, this has never happened to me! I have been completely OP so I am just frustrated and blah. I know the weight will come off if I keep with it but I am in a time crunch now so it is stressing me out.
Sorry for not multiquoting...just saw this after I posted my last.

Lalison, can I challenge you to put your scale away? 2RIDE challenged and encouraged me when I was in a vicious cycle of weighing and stressing. I put it away after about 7-8 weeks being on this program and never felt better! I really stopped stressing about it and let the program work for me. Less stress in my life then!

I know I've attempted to challenge others (you know who you are ) and she loves her scale. So it's totally ok if you can't! lol!

I put mine in the VIP's trunk so I can't be tempted at his place. I've thought "I wish I could weigh in" this past weekend and laughed that if it was available I would have. But I prefer to not have the stress.

Will you take the challenge or not...that is the question.

Last edited by Ishbel; 09-19-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:10 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 293/275/200

Height: 5'8"

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!

So Im loving Ideal protien. I stepped on this scale this morning and have lost 18lbs in 18 days I will get the official numbers for this weeks weigh in on friday fingers crossed Im down a couple more lbs by then! ! I feel incredible and my diabetes is under much better control! I dont think I've been this weight since highschool.

WI#1: -11.8 WI#2: - 3
Old 09-19-2011, 01:46 PM   #40  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissygurl87 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

So Im loving Ideal protien. I stepped on this scale this morning and have lost 18lbs in 18 days I will get the official numbers for this weeks weigh in on friday fingers crossed Im down a couple more lbs by then! ! I feel incredible and my diabetes is under much better control! I dont think I've been this weight since highschool.

Congratulations that is great.

NavyMom - yes you can have summer squash, just not winter which also includes spagetti squash. I have had the yellow zucchinis and they are really good.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:51 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

I did it, i went out for lunch with work, kinda had to since it was my belated bday lunch. we went to a smoked meat restaurant that i knew had salads. I asked for the small chef salad with just lettuce and cuccumber and dressing on the side. I had brought my own dressing. I was still hungry afterwards but just had my IP shake once i was back at the office with my veggies (only had about 5 pieces of cuccumber in my salad so i left 5 pieces behind). It was a bit hard smelling all that yummy food but i did it
Old 09-19-2011, 02:06 PM   #42  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I did it, i went out for lunch with work, kinda had to since it was my belated bday lunch. we went to a smoked meat restaurant that i knew had salads. I asked for the small chef salad with just lettuce and cuccumber and dressing on the side. I had brought my own dressing. I was still hungry afterwards but just had my IP shake once i was back at the office with my veggies (only had about 5 pieces of cuccumber in my salad so i left 5 pieces behind). It was a bit hard smelling all that yummy food but i did it
Way to go!

Old 09-19-2011, 02:27 PM   #43  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I'm sure other people will not like this opinion but I want to chime in on this, I'm sorry if I offend anyone!

I personally don't believe it's 'unhealthy' to go in and out (...I don't think it's going to help you lose weight thou). I posed this question to my coach's coach (a nutritionist) she actually said "Ketosis can be entered into while sleeping and can be considered a natural function of a healthy body." She indicated she recieved her info from the head scientist of IP based in Canada. She's an an area rep and is my coach's mentor. I did a lot of research on it and could not find this to be true or untrue. Something to consider though.

Personally, I believe they kick you out because the you aren't losing and it makes the whole picture of the diet look bad. Clinics want people to lose weight and if they do it following the strict protocol will lose weight fast there by having more people sign up. A negative view I know.

Just my humble opinion though!
Like I said, I don't have an explanation for it. I've read it here a number of times though but maybe it's just something some coaches use as an excuse. I haven't had to worry about it because I haven't cheated once the whole time I've been on the program. I may rethink if this was the right program for me if I was having numerous cheats.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:42 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 249/241/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandralosingweight View Post
Good morning everyone,

I am not quite sure why I am cheating on my diet this much, I had a horrible weekend since I wanted to stay OP but yeah right! I did not, not even remotely. Saturday was not as bad, I drank some wine and nibbled here and there, but Sunday... OMG! I ate like there was no tomorrow, I had a cheeseburger with fries for my lunch, and in the morning, the church I went to was celebrating its anniversary and they had cake and all kinds of sweets and of course I ate that and to top it all, once I arrived home, I ate a bag of popcorn. I was so disgusted with myself and thought of course I would pay the price by tomorrow.

Luckily though, today, my weight went up by only 1.5 pounds! which is far less than what I imagined, and luckily my stomach does not feel bad as much as when I cheated last time.

Anyway... cheating is bad, I will be straight back OP, I decided to have a restricted a day since it helps me staying OP.

I am so proud reading about WUV how you stayed OP with all the travelling you did, way to go girl I wish I have your phone number so I can call you everytime I feel like cheating and you will lift my spirit up

Hope all of you are doing well.

I completely understand what you are going through. It is not easy, plain and simple. I did not get to the size I am because I had a good relationship with food. So to expect me to make a drastic change is very hard, at least it is for me. But I have found a new mantra. I am personally trying to lose weight to help my chances of getting pregnant. So everytime I think of cheating I ask my self "Is this (insert bad food here ie. cupcake) more important than a baby?" and the answer is always no. it helps me. you could always ask "Is this cheat more important than me?"

hope this helps.

Also, does anyone know if it is ok to substitute herbal iced tea for the water intake? i just need some kind of flavor to my water.
Old 09-19-2011, 02:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink parrothead View Post
Good Morning! (It's still technically morning)

Very excited today. Yesterday I hit the 20 lb. mark and this morning my scale said 149.5! I haven't been in the 40's for at least 10 years or so! So happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissygurl87 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

Congratulations to both of you!!! IP is amazing!
Closed Thread