3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Old 09-18-2011, 07:04 AM   #61

Joanne, the comments you receive after losing weight are funny. People don't want to offend you so they are "cautious" about what they say. Congrats on your 86 pounds lost!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 07:35 AM   #62

S/C/G: 182.6/142.8/135

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I cut up an onion, 1/4 red pepper, about 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, put soy patty in a bowl add water and ingrediences and if you are like me I don't know how much 41 ml is so I add too much so I added a little flax seed. Salt and pepper and chili powder. wait for it to get thick and fried it. had it with lettuce as a taco salad.

Hi Wildflower, sorry I haven't scanned it yet, I will try tomorrow night. Today I had a dog agility trial and left my house at 6 am... 2 runs for my red dog, she did wonderful and had one qualifying run. Just got home a short time ago, and am back at it by 7 am tomorrow... I hope you don't mind to wait for it. I will try to add to goggle documents. Tomorrow my red dog has 2 runs as well, we run a Team relay with a friend and her boxer (GO TEAM RED) and then one jumpers run... Jumoers is always fun and fast, Rebel loves it. It was also a sad beginning as one of the competitors dog had passed away and was there first thing to let the secretary know so there was hugs all around... her first run with her other dog was so hard with her crying through most of it. She did much better throughout the day.

nsv - one of the ladies benching by me told me I must have worked really hard to lose ALL that weight. I said yes thank you (but thought to myself that no didn't work hard just followed a program)
Then another lady (I didn't even knew she knew my name) I was walking by her and she says Joanne you look great you have lost a lot of weight... I said thank you.. Then one of the ladies that I have been having agility classes with all summer, says to me today (kind of made me laugh) are you running again? I said no not yet would like to again, she says oh I thought maybe you were running you lost a little weight... I said yes thank you I have lost 86 lbs. she didn't say much after that...

Off to bed, after packing lunch for my dogs and myself. Good night.

That sounds good! I don't mind waiting I was just making sure I hadn't missed it! I have a boxer like your friend too He is a lil mama's boy.

wildflower613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:11 AM   #63

S/C/G: 190/176.2/135

Height: 5'3"

Good morning!! It seems like the baby is finally on the mend, no fever this morning I am loving having the EAS drinks for lunch although I found yesterday I wasn't nearly as full all afternoon as I typically am with IP food. I added an egg white omelet (my coach said they're free) and did alright, but I will be glad to get back to IP next week.

This morning when I stepped on the scale it was down a whole pound from yesterday. It's amazing how your weight fluctuates sometimes. Hope everyone has a great OP day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff2003scc View Post
I am thinking about starting the diet in the next 2 weeks and am wondering how people like the food and if the food is a funny texture or if the texture is like what it is suppost to be if you where to eat regular food? I would like to lose 165 lbs and I am thinking this is the way I want to go but I am conserned about the taste and texture of the food.
I have to admit I really like this diet. I'm really busy and always on the go with my two little ones and it's so easy to follow you don't have to think much about it. The bars are really good, but they're limited to one a day. The drinks are good as well, and my new favorite 'dessert' is the Raspberry Jelly. I had no idea what it was when I tried it the first time, but it's really just Jello. If you're really interested just take it a week at a time. That's what I'm doing. You probably won't LOVE everything, but the great thing about this diet is that it's for a limited amount of time so it's not forever. By the time you get to phase 4 you're back completely on grocery store foods but you know how to work them to make sure you don't gain the weight back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello my IP friends,
Had my WI # 11 only down 0.8 lbs. But my doctor called the other day and said she got my bloodworks numbers and she doubled my thyroid medication. I am hoping that will kick it up a little. Have a great weekend!
I bet your numbers will pick up. It's amazing how many things the thyroid controls. When I was really sick with Graves disease (overactive thyroid) my only symptom was HUGE weight loss in just a couple of months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Just made the popcorn kale for the first time and it turned out perfect! Yum. I'm enjoying the crunchy snack! It looks pretty sketchy though... this is one of my IP foods that I'm not having to fight my family over.
Is popcorn kale like kale chips? Recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
So can you have steamed onions? When I put in grill they get crispy is that ok? I have to say you look so good you make me to keep going. I'm struggling because it was my TOM and my keytosis was hardly visible and checked again and still same getting frustrated I'm day 1 1/2 ish off TOM.
Do you check your Keitosis with those little strips? I've thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:04 AM   #64
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

[QUOTE=NavyMommy;4037022]Good morning!! It seems like the baby is finally on the mend, no fever this morning I am loving having the EAS drinks for lunch although I found yesterday I wasn't nearly as full all afternoon as I typically am with IP food. I added an egg white omelet (my coach said they're free) and did alright, but I will be glad to get back to IP next week.

NavyMom: 11 pounds in your first WI is amazing. Good for you. I am glad your baby's fever is going away. I hope you are getting some sleep.

Last edited by Maile; 09-18-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:07 AM   #65
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
nsv - one of the ladies benching by me told me I must have worked really hard to lose ALL that weight. I said yes thank you (but thought to myself that no didn't work hard just followed a program)

Then another lady (I didn't even knew she knew my name) I was walking by her and she says Joanne you look great you have lost a lot of weight... I said thank you.. Then one of the ladies that I have been having agility classes with all summer, says to me today (kind of made me laugh) are you running again? I said no not yet would like to again, she says oh I thought maybe you were running you lost a little weight... I said yes thank you I have lost 86 lbs. she didn't say much after that...

Off to bed, after packing lunch for my dogs and myself. Good night.
Congratulations on the positive comments. It's nice to hear those things, but I agree that people are very interesting when it comes to weight. I also have curtailed my responses and now normally just say "thank you" when people say things now. I also try to change the subject pretty quickly, because I'm tired of talking about the diet. I really don't like being the "flavor of the day"...

When I was traveling last week, someone (who has expressed interest in the program) asked "what's the total number now"... I had to think for a moment, but then said "don't repeat this to others, but it's 58lbs". She was dumbfounded and just stopped talking. I reiterated that I don't talk about the details with many people anymore, and she said that she understood.

One of my neighbors told me that I looked "emaciated" the other day. I like to think that I am "slender" or "fit", but seriously... Emaciated?

Mini-goals:
180s 4/4 ~ 170s 5/2 ~ 160s 5/30 ~ 150s 7/11 ~ 140s 8/15 ~ Goal 9/16 ~
Maintenance! 10/6

Pics: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini...-pictures.html

If I do what I have always done, I will look like I have always looked and weigh what I have always weighed...
This diet/protocol/way of life that we call IP is a way out... if you let it be.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #66
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Ok, all...I had an off night and I need your input. I did some volunteer work that went waaaay over time. I didn't have a regular dinner but luckily I had a restricted bar with me. So, I ate the bar for dinner which was all I had with me. Once I got home at 10pm tonight I ate my veggies. I don't know if I should have skipped eating my veggies because it was so late, or if was ok to have them.

Any advice?
Hi Stolaf, I am no expert but have been caught in situations where I did not get any veges either for dinner..I would have skipped the veges at 10 because I read somewhere..that you should get all of your food in by 8pm. Anyway..I think Oprah also recommended eating all of your food early..
I have skipped the veges once in awhile and it didn't hurt. However, since the veges are so low in carbs, they probably didn't hurt you!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:23 AM   #67
Maile

[QUOTE=2RIDEROLLERCOAST;4036874]I cut up an onion, 1/4 red pepper, about 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, put soy patty in a bowl add water and ingrediences and if you are like me I don't know how much 41 ml is so I add too much so I added a little flax seed. Salt and pepper and chili powder. wait for it to get thick and fried it. had it with lettuce as a taco salad.

2Riderrollercoaster: Your dog show sounds fun. Good luck with your dog runs and team today. 86 pounds is a wonderful loss.
The comments people make are always interesting about weight loss. I attended a meeting where this woman shouts out to me, " You are wasting away. You are nothing but skin and bones. Have you been losing weight?" I chose to be polite in my reply..but was that a compliment..for Halloween maybe!
Thanks for answering my question on Phase 2 on the question site.

Last edited by Maile; 09-18-2011 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #68
Maile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congratulations on the positive comments. It's nice to hear those things, but I agree that people are very interesting when it comes to weight. I also have curtailed my responses and now normally just say "thank you" when people say things now. I also try to change the subject pretty quickly, because I'm tired of talking about the diet. I really don't like being the "flavor of the day"...

When I was traveling last week, someone (who has expressed interest in the program) asked "what's the total number now"... I had to think for a moment, but then said "don't repeat this to others, but it's 58lbs". She was dumbfounded and just stopped talking. I reiterated that I don't talk about the details with many people anymore, and she said that she understood.

One of my neighbors told me that I looked "emaciated" the other day. I like to think that I am "slender" or "fit", but seriously... Emaciated?
Emaciated sounds like the one I mentioned about a woman who said I was wasting away down to skin and bones! We are by no means emaciated..

I have stopped giving the details also..only for people who seriously care..

I like what you said about not being the "flavor of the day."
Old 09-18-2011, 09:33 AM   #69
Maile

Someone wondered why their kids never let them sleep in on the weekends..well my cats don't like to sleep in either!
Today the scale actually entered the 40s..for the first time.(in many years) I am hoping it holds to that for my WI. I am excited.
Off to clean house as a jazz band is invading to do some recording with my husband.

WU2 The mount of weight we are all losing is amazing. I like your zuccini apple recipe.
Bellamack..Hang in there. The thyroid medicine should help!

Last edited by Maile; 09-18-2011 at 09:58 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:05 AM   #70

Height: 5'2"

Default Keeping it off

Ratfancy - Welcome back. So you kept off all your weight that you lost a year ago. I'd love to hear what was easy/hard about it. Any tips, hints you can give the rest of us?

No big secret - I was doing the treadmill (uphill) every day for 20 minutes, and some weight machines 3 times a week. I had an old membership from Jenny Craig that I kept up paying the annual fee, so I was "allowed" to go free to a counselor each week for free and still buy their foods at a discount. So I took advantage of that all last year to keep myself in check.
But to lose - only IP works for me! It's the post-menopausal carb sensitive thing for me! (BTW-JC is a great program and I had lost and kept off 10 lbs. 4 years ago)
Old 09-18-2011, 10:09 AM   #71

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubu4eva30 View Post
So can you have steamed onions? When I put in grill they get crispy is that ok? I have to say you look so good you make me to keep going. I'm struggling because it was my TOM and my keytosis was hardly visible and checked again and still same getting frustrated I'm day 1 1/2 ish off TOM.
Steamed onions may be ok (mine was water in the microwave). Try and see if it does anything, talk to your coach. I l-o-v-e onions, so much I could almost eat them like an apple (before this diet I didn't really like them).

With the sticks, I've never used them but I know I've read some 'cautionary tales' about them. When you're drinking A LOT of water you are also diluting the results. I can drink from 4-5 litres a day....so even if I wanted to use the sticks they wouldn't really work for me.

Hope this helps!

Started IP - 19 Apr 11 - Hit Goal -18 Apr 12 Maintenance - 17 May 12
All about baby mode: Sept 2013-Dec 2014
Pregnant weight gone May 2015!
Photo/Stats Album: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...il-2012-a.html
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #72

Height: 5'6"

I've never been good with compliments so all I can manage is a thank you. As for details, I seldom give any. I'm a very private person and the details of my life have always been on a need to know basis. I did not do this for attention. I had the nosey post office lady ask how I was doing on the diet. I said very well thank you. She just stood there waiting like I was going to actually tell her how much I've lost. No thank you, I don't want the whole world knowing my business and I know for a fact she can't keep her trap shut lol. Oh the joys of small towns....

“The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.”
-Thomas Paine
DollFaceBella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #73

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
When you start the daily thread, click "quote" before you copy the text...

Another trick. Once you click quote, go to the text box and hit Ctrl+A to select everything... Then copy...

By doing it this way, when you paste everything in, the links will work. All you have to do is remove the [\quote] stuff at the beginning and the end and it will be everything you need.
Thanks! Clearly i don't know what I am doing... just say post thread and assumed it was that easy to just copy, paste and post. Have an emaciating day! ..haha some people, think before you speak!

“In order to change we must be sick and tired of being sick and tired.”

“Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”

"Don't sacrifice your future for a momentary pleasure"

“Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”

Got to get the Broccoli Boys back (one for each 5lbs!):
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #74

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

Wink

Do you check your Keitosis with those little strips? I've thought about it but haven't taken the plunge yet.[/QUOTE]

Yes everyday they gave me the strips.
Bubu4eva30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 03:44 PM   #75

I was talking to a lady at the grocery store that was interested in IP for her husband. I had no problem sharing with her as people knew me as the the lady that lost over a hundred pounds on WW ten years ago. But this time it just wasn't working for me as I gained weight with restricted activity with the osteoarthritis in my knees. Anyway, at my clinic if you refer someone and they join and use your name as a referral you get a box of free IP products. That is worth it to me. She said they would use my name!!!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote