Old 09-17-2011, 08:17 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello my IP friends,

Had my WI # 11 only down 0.8 lbs. But my doctor called the other day and said she got my bloodworks numbers and she doubled my thyroid medication. I am hoping that will kick it up a little. Have a great weekend!
BElla, I knew a gal whose thyroid was all messed up and when she got on the right dosage she really lost the weight! So hang in there!!!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
If I am not mistaking you can have grilled onions on kabobs, the onions just can't be caramelized and when they are grilled they are not. I have eaten grilled onions before.
I was told only to eat raw onions or microwave them with a bit of water to make them limpy (lol) and add them last to whatever you are cooking. Just be careful with them....I stopped roasting/grilling mine after my coach's coach told me they are full of sugar when cooked.

Just my opinion thou!
Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:11 PM   #48  
Start WW 360 Jan 31, 2013

S/C/G: (H255.5)s208.4/c198.2/g175

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hello my IP friends,

stolaf - congrats on 30 down, I can't wait to hit the 30 lb mark.
BCgirl - awesome loss for 1 month
2011weightbegone - 50 lbs in 4 months is incredible. congrats!
sle1961 - Happy Belated 5oth....
Busymonx4 - I think 3 lbs is a fantastic weigh-in. Keep it up!
wildflower613 - I'm a slow loser too.

Had my WI # 11 only down 0.8 lbs. But my doctor called the other day and said she got my bloodworks numbers and she doubled my thyroid medication. I am hoping that will kick it up a little. Have a great weekend!
Thanks Bellamack. The thyroid has so much control over our bodies, glad your Dr. has changed your dosage for you, I am on synthroid, and it took awhile to get the right dosage set for me, but I know I sure felt better once they got it at the right dosage. Your picture of your sheepdog is so great, I have always wanted 1, we had a border collie, he was our cattle dog. He is now gone for 2 years and can't bring ourselves to get another pet yet, we really miss him. You sure get attached to them. Have a great weekend!
grannyto2bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:48 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Just made the popcorn kale for the first time and it turned out perfect! Yum. I'm enjoying the crunchy snack! It looks pretty sketchy though... this is one of my IP foods that I'm not having to fight my family over.
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:03 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 315/315/150

Height: 5'3

I am thinking about starting the diet in the next 2 weeks and am wondering how people like the food and if the food is a funny texture or if the texture is like what it is suppost to be if you where to eat regular food? I would like to lose 165 lbs and I am thinking this is the way I want to go but I am conserned about the taste and texture of the food.
tiff2003scc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:24 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 163/148.5/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauley View Post
Just made the popcorn kale for the first time and it turned out perfect! Yum. I'm enjoying the crunchy snack! It looks pretty sketchy though... this is one of my IP foods that I'm not having to fight my family over.
How do you make that?
DezD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #52  

Height: 5'7'

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiff2003scc View Post
I am thinking about starting the diet in the next 2 weeks and am wondering how people like the food and if the food is a funny texture or if the texture is like what it is suppost to be if you where to eat regular food? I would like to lose 165 lbs and I am thinking this is the way I want to go but I am conserned about the taste and texture of the food.
Ok, IMHO, I think some of the food is great (butterscotch pudding, chocolate drink, mango ready-to-drinks, all the bars) and some is barely tolerable (like all the soups). Now, that is a personal preference. There are some people who love the soups!

The nice part is when you sign up, they give you enough packets that you get to try most things on the plan and then you determine which ones you like and which ones you don't like.
Here's what I can tell you...this is a life changing diet. It's been amazingfor me. I feel like my 'old' self again. I used to have stomach issues every now and then and I have not had one incident since being on this plan. I'm eating more veggies than I would normally eat, too.
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:39 PM   #53  

Height: 5'7'

Ok, all...I had an off night and I need your input. I did some volunteer work that went waaaay over time. I didn't have a regular dinner but luckily I had a restricted bar with me. So, I ate the bar for dinner which was all I had with me. Once I got home at 10pm tonight I ate my veggies. I don't know if I should have skipped eating my veggies because it was so late, or if was ok to have them.

Any advice?
stolaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #54  

Thanks Wuv2bloved. My DH and I started this weight loss journey together, it was great support and made it easier when we were both eating the same way. Along the way our weight loss each week were quite often the same amount of loss. He is now been at goal for a few weeks, and now that I have made the 50 pounds lost this makes it look like I beat him, but I still have more to loose. You look awesome in your pictures and congratulations on all the weight that you have lost.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 347/310/190

Height: 5"5

So can you have steamed onions? When I put in grill they get crispy is that ok? I have to say you look so good you make me to keep going. I'm struggling because it was my TOM and my keytosis was hardly visible and checked again and still same getting frustrated I'm day 1 1/2 ish off TOM.
Bubu4eva30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:12 PM   #56  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Tiff,

While personal tastes differ, I am sitting here right now 6 months into maintenance drinking a chocolate "ready to drink (RTD)" shake. I had a White Choco Cinnamon bar for lunch. I still enjoy many of the products even in maintenance. I have to admit that I had my favorites while I was losing that I ate frequently. Most everything sweet I ate was chocolate. I am one of the people who likes the soups; especially the chicken and the leek. The broccoli-cheese came out after I hit maintenance but I love it. I also learned to love the crispy cereal as a pancake (Recipe in the recipe thread).
This diet was life changing for me and I highly recommend it. The most important rule is "No Cheating". What you'll hear from most people is it's easy...but it's strict.
Good Luck with whatever you decide. This is a great place to get inspiration and support.

Lynn
woolberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #57  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishbel View Post
I was told only to eat raw onions or microwave them with a bit of water to make them limpy (lol) and add them last to whatever you are cooking. Just be careful with them....I stopped roasting/grilling mine after my coach's coach told me they are full of sugar when cooked.

Just my opinion thou!
Like always each coach is different. I don't do it often so I guess that is why it hasn't been a problem for me. I rarely eat onions at all.

Quote:
I agree with Stolaf, this diet is amazing. I have lost 78lbs in 21 weeks. I have about 60 more lbs to go before I get to my first goal. Once I get to it I will see if I want to lose 50 more lbs. The food is great, I personally don't like the soups either. I stick to the puddings, shakes and bars. The texture is just like regular food to me, pudding feels like pudding. Good luck in your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Ok, all...I had an off night and I need your input. I did some volunteer work that went waaaay over time. I didn't have a regular dinner but luckily I had a restricted bar with me. So, I ate the bar for dinner which was all I had with me. Once I got home at 10pm tonight I ate my veggies. I don't know if I should have skipped eating my veggies because it was so late, or if was ok to have them.

Any advice?
I did that last night so I would assume its ok. I felt fine this morning when I got up and even felt lighter so I guess we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011weightbegone View Post
Thanks Wuv2bloved. My DH and I started this weight loss journey together, it was great support and made it easier when we were both eating the same way. Along the way our weight loss each week were quite often the same amount of loss. He is now been at goal for a few weeks, and now that I have made the 50 pounds lost this makes it look like I beat him, but I still have more to loose. You look awesome in your pictures and congratulations on all the weight that you have lost.
Thank you
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
Ok, IMHO, I think some of the food is great (butterscotch pudding, chocolate drink, mango ready-to-drinks, all the bars) and some is barely tolerable (like all the soups). Now, that is a personal preference. There are some people who love the soups!

The nice part is when you sign up, they give you enough packets that you get to try most things on the plan and then you determine which ones you like and which ones you don't like.
Here's what I can tell you...this is a life changing diet. It's been amazingfor me. I feel like my 'old' self again. I used to have stomach issues every now and then and I have not had one incident since being on this plan. I'm eating more veggies than I would normally eat, too.
I agree with you Stolaf, I can not tolerate the soups either, love the rtd chocolate and mango drinks, and have now started to use the rtd vanilla shake in with a full cup of coffee and loving it either warm or cold, I like the bars and soy puffs and the dill pickle zippers. I make a pancake out of the crispy cereal, either plain or throw in some zucchini and use the WF syrup on them. I never have liked puddings, and really dislike the IP puddings, but my DH likes all the puddings. I use to get migraines allot and since being on IP haven't had 1, guess it is because my blood sugars are regulated. I agree this program is definitely life changing. I think it is very much worth trying for anyone wanting to lose weight and inches.
My answer to your question about eating your veggies at 10PM would be I would have eaten them, and have eaten like this. It would have been too long for your body to go without food. This is just my opinion. I have woke up at midnight hungry and grabbed a pickle to eat to help get me through the night.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:38 PM   #59  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
Hope everyone's having a great week-end!

WI#7 -3 Was hoping for a decade change but hopefully next week. I'm going to cut out the red peppers this week as they were my main veggies (at least 2 cups a day) and see what happens next week.

Quick question, i got a new italian salad dressing at walmart. Its from a company called Gyro. Its a 0/0/0 dressing. Here are the ingredients
water
vinegar
spices
salt
maltodextrin
garlic
xanthan gum
guar gum

Is it ok to use?
I was the one that posted it, I have used it... My phase one sheet says anything that is 0/0/0 is allowed. I like the Mango one but not really any of the other ones.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 PM   #60  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momto2cs View Post
Morning! Does anyone have a trick to make the soy patties taste good? I was thinking of trying them for lunch...
I cut up an onion, 1/4 red pepper, about 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, put soy patty in a bowl add water and ingrediences and if you are like me I don't know how much 41 ml is so I add too much so I added a little flax seed. Salt and pepper and chili powder. wait for it to get thick and fried it. had it with lettuce as a taco salad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflower613 View Post
Hi everyone just have a quick minute to say hello. Was wondering if 2Ride posted the newsletter she was talking about yesterday, I was interested in that info.

Also JodiM I almost posted a thread on the libido thing. I was curious what the experiences have been for people with this diet. AS it seems that hormones do some weird thing to us while on this diet. I fear I have lost my libido and not found it? Can't decide if it is BCP related or IP related or WHAT but it is not cool and I want it back.

PS I could use a woosh fairy visit really soon. Seems my losses have slowed to their slowest possible SLOW. Hangin in there tho!
Hi Wildflower, sorry I haven't scanned it yet, I will try tomorrow night. Today I had a dog agility trial and left my house at 6 am... 2 runs for my red dog, she did wonderful and had one qualifying run. Just got home a short time ago, and am back at it by 7 am tomorrow... I hope you don't mind to wait for it. I will try to add to goggle documents. Tomorrow my red dog has 2 runs as well, we run a Team relay with a friend and her boxer (GO TEAM RED) and then one jumpers run... Jumoers is always fun and fast, Rebel loves it. It was also a sad beginning as one of the competitors dog had passed away and was there first thing to let the secretary know so there was hugs all around... her first run with her other dog was so hard with her crying through most of it. She did much better throughout the day.

nsv - one of the ladies benching by me told me I must have worked really hard to lose ALL that weight. I said yes thank you (but thought to myself that no didn't work hard just followed a program)
Then another lady (I didn't even knew she knew my name) I was walking by her and she says Joanne you look great you have lost a lot of weight... I said thank you.. Then one of the ladies that I have been having agility classes with all summer, says to me today (kind of made me laugh) are you running again? I said no not yet would like to again, she says oh I thought maybe you were running you lost a little weight... I said yes thank you I have lost 86 lbs. she didn't say much after that...

Off to bed, after packing lunch for my dogs and myself. Good night.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote