Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 01:00 PM   #61  
fatmommynomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCGirl View Post
Hello all! I'm feeling good today it's my 4 week mark and I'm down 18 lbs and finding this remarkably easy. I'm going to stay on phase 1 2 more weeks and can't describe how thankful I am to this forum!!! What a great source of info and support.
Congrats on yoru 18lbs lost! This is my week 4 and have lost 17.5. This is a great diet. Keep it up!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:02 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Congrats on yoru 18lbs lost! This is my week 4 and have lost 17.5. This is a great diet. Keep it up!
Congratulations to you as well! I think it's way easier to stick to this because it works !
Old 09-14-2011, 01:05 PM   #63  
fatmommynomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
I think most of us have to go through that cheating part. Its a good lesson. One time our clinic went to the boss.s fav restaurant, and I told them no..... I couldnt go there, but peer pressure, off I went for chicken tia,,,,, well it did taste fine, but 30 mins after leaving on the way home I had to stop twice for a public washroom at McDonalds, lol.. Flew right out of me, I felt like crap for two days.

Now at work they know when they go somewhere they check with me first lol but my boss, is like a 15 month preg lady and eats at these lil greasy places he loves. The last time I just didnt go. They had 5 things on the menu all with heave sugar and fat sauce. They werent mad though, and he had to pay for one less person lol so all went well!
Good for you for staying strong.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:09 PM   #64  
fatmommynomore

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
I can relate. Even as I put on my new size 12 capris this AM (zipped up without having to suck my gut in), I still see the fat girl. My new photo taken yesterday was an attempt for me to SEE the real me. (And thank you to those who did complement me ) I'm starting to see skinnier but I was so overly critical of myself. My age is showing. I don't see it when I look in the mirror but I sure see it in that photo. Will we ever truly have a positive body image?

There was a little discussion yesterday regarding tummy tucks. I had a trainer, years ago, tell me that when I lost X amount of weight that I would need a tummy tuck. I was like.....who are you to tell me what I need to do? Not only do we put pressure on ourselves, but we have so much being pushed at us from all directions. I had a C-section almost 24 years ago. Since then I have always had a pooch even as a much thinner woman. I wear my "gut-sucking-drawers" when I need to do so and I have never had one complaint from the men in my life. My older sister had gastric bypass many years ago (don't get me started )....never exercised a day in her life and still doesn't! After rapid weight loss, the excess skin was way too much. Not only did she have a tummy tuck but skin reduction on her arms. The ugly scars are very, very visible after all these years.....but she saw it as her only option.

Be healthy, be happy and above all else, be true to yourself.

Good luck with WI everyone. I will be so happy with just 1/2 lb on Friday but so hoping for more.
Thanks for this! I have had 2 csections and I hate my stomach. But I try to make myself think about the gifts (my kids) I received for this, and I would do it all over again.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:13 PM   #65  

Weigh in this morning was 1.5 pounds lost for a total of 35 pounds in 12 weeks. WOOHOO!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:19 PM   #66  
fatmommynomore

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4032253]ok ok drum roll please......5 more pounds GONE so that is 78pounds in 21 weeks for me and my cousin loss another 6lbs (no cheats for him this week) so that make him 27lbs in 4 weeks.

Wow!!! Congratulations! Goodbye 5lbs.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 227/211/170

Height: 5' 11"

Default Newbie

Hi everyone,
I must admit I've been reading the posts here for the past couple of days and just today got the courage to finally register and make my first post. I started IP 2.5 weeks ago (WI are on Saturday mornings) and so far, so good (I'm down 16lbs). My husband and I started together, mind you he doesn't have nearly the weight to lose...so he may be starting on phase 2 in the next couple of weeks (which scares me to be doing this alone). I must say, it is easy to follow and the food is decent, I just find myself getting overwhelmed with where I'm at, and where I want to be...but after reading some of your posts, I think I'm going to adopt the "10lbs at a time" mantra. This forum is great, I have already felt empowered and motivated by all of you and relieved that some of my thoughts are being had by others. I look forward to becoming a member of this community. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:25 PM   #68  
fatmommynomore

Early morning for me. My pre-schooler had treats for the first time so I wanted to go all out. I made yogurt parfaits with all non-fat, low cal stuff for the kids (they will never know). There would have been a day when I would have licked my spoon, fingers and the bowl but not one drop did I consume. Just wanted to say hello, happy Wednesday!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #69  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Weigh in this morning was 1.5 pounds lost for a total of 35 pounds in 12 weeks. WOOHOO!
Good for you! As you know, my 12 week weigh in is tomorrow! As of today (and yesterday) I am at 35.8 so I'm crossing fingers for a little more by morning. *I hope I'm not jinxing myself by getting greedy because I am happy with where I'm at today also.* Are you going to goal before moving to phase 2? I think I am so whatever I lose in that phase is my cushion for p3 and p4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changetoday View Post
Early morning for me. My pre-schooler had treats for the first time so I wanted to go all out. I made yogurt parfaits with all non-fat, low cal stuff for the kids (they will never know). There would have been a day when I would have licked my spoon, fingers and the bowl but not one drop did I consume. Just wanted to say hello, happy Wednesday!
Look at you! I bet they loved it. Good job not licking the spoon! It's the little things like that you didn't have to think about before.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #70  

Ugh! I forgot my lunch! I grabbed my shakes (one for my coffee and one for lunch) and then as I was going to the fridge to get my left over steamed veggies my daughter asked for help with tying her shoe in a double knot and I must've just thought I finished what I was doing but I didn't! I didn't notice this morning either when I got to work. I must be in lala land. So, I had the shake and will be downing lots of water and am going to have a very early dinner tonight consisting of something easy. Probably fried eggs! Bummer.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:58 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Checking in for the day. Back on the elliptical for the first time in almost 2 weeks!! I didn't realize how much I missed it. It feels good to be back on track! I have less then 20 lbs left and I just need to get it in gear and get it done!!!
Great job on everyone's losses!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Good Morning everyone, Today is WI#21 for me at 9am, I hope everyone has a good day
Wuv2bloved -
How did you do today at WI? Hope it went well for you..

Last edited by kelly1962; 09-14-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:08 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 251/176/150

[QUOTE=wuv2bloved;4032275]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post

This week I did non-restricted only and it seemed to work for me so I am trying it again this wee
Sorry ignore my previous post, i missed your post!! Congratulations, that is amazing.!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:16 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 298.8/see ticker/180

Height: 5'9"

Itsaboutime take a look at yourself! Your picture says it all! A beautiful smile and you have a very caring attitude from what I've read. You're on your way to a healthier slimmer you. You are beautiful and definitely don't need to hide behind anything. But it sure does feel good to Glam up a bit and get some double takes

Last edited by alexandallismom; 09-14-2011 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Fogot to putvwho its to
Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 PM   #75  
Started IP July 21, 2011

S/C/G: 168/143.8/140

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi Everyone! Congrats on all the great WI's so far and good luck to all those who have WI's still to come this week.

I just had my WI and lost 1.0 pounds and 1.0 inches. That's 20 pounds in 8 weeks. I'm getting frustrated though because it's coming off slowly and I'm NOT CHEATING!! Not one drop, not one lick, not one bite of ANYTHING we're not supposed to have. So, I talked to my coach who advised me when she gave me my restricteds to have 3 non-restricted packets + 1 restricted a day. Instead, I've been having 2 non-restricted + 1 restricted a day or simply 3 non-restricteds a day. I did this because it seems that on this forum a lot of people are restricting their restricteds and choosing lower carb choices even of the non-restricteds. She told me that's why I'm stalling. I'm simply not getting enough carbs so the brain detects starvation and stalls us. This week I vowed to her I am going to eat 3 non-restricteds (proteins) + 1 restricted (carbs) for the next week. I will do everything else according to protocol as I have been and we'll see next week what happens. I'll let you know.......

I am happy I've lost 20 so far. but I would like to have some bigger losses. I guess I'm getting greedy

Have a great week, I'm going to try to enjoy my restricteds this week instead of fearing them!!!!
Closed Thread