3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/6/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/242493-ip-daily-chat-tuesday-9-6-11-a.html)

wuv2bloved 09-06-2011 02:14 AM

IP Daily Chat Tuesday 9/6/11

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:

NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Information for newbies:

Check the sticky page for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question here in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads.

Tickers and Signatures:

There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:

have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

wuv2bloved 09-06-2011 02:17 AM

Well Good morning, Here is it 1:16 in the morning and I am still awake, helping my son with his introductory speech he is doing at 8am in the morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and to think only 4 more days and its the weekend again!...WOOHOO!!!!!!

JoLoMN 09-06-2011 07:02 AM

Good Morning IPers,

Was OP all weekend but really looking forward to the structure of the work week. Accomplished a few household chores, but wish I could have fit more in.

Spent time reading older threads this weekend trying to get my head around preparing for phases 2 and 3. Phase 1 seems safer and easier. I know I have some time yet before I move to the next phase, but I'm hoping if I learn more and feel more prepared for it, I will find it more simple to navigate. I feel like I never finished WW years ago, and I want to have that sense of accomplishment for IP. I want to finish and phase off properly. I have a fear that once I have a cheat, I will just go off completely.

Have a busy week ahead of children's activities - requires more planning and packing of supplements. Better get my head around that in the next five minutes as I hear them waking up now.

Remain Strong!

Wuv - Please update us on how your cousin is doing.

Carla - read the soda/diet soda thread this weekend. Very informative. I used to drink five cans of diet soda per day. Ug!

Granby 09-06-2011 08:03 AM

Today is my first day on IP. Looking at my boxes of foods, deciding what to have for breakfast (although not real hungry since I feel like I had a mini binge yesterday, cause I kept thinking well I won't be able to have a "brownie" in a while, etc. Can you make hot chocolate with the chocolate drink? Any advice for a newbie?

And what is your favorite dinner you make on this program.

Maile 09-06-2011 08:22 AM

Granby,
Good luck on your first day! This is exciting. I don't know if you can make hot chocolate with the chocolate drink..but I have heard it is every good. Also some people like the bars for breakfast because they are quick and easy like the drink.
For dinner..I like to make cauliflower rice and mix with fish..make a lettuce wrap.
Have a great day..Experiment and find which products you like.

Maile 09-06-2011 08:26 AM

JoloMn

I have been having the same thoughts. I should start looking at Phase 2 and thinking about what it entrails and how I am going to move to it. Like you, I want to go through all of the steps this time and make this my last diet. I also am not sure about this cheat idea. I am better off planning what I eat and staying away from high carb foods period.

WU2..I hope you are done with son's paper and are sound asleep!

Had an OP weekend. Ready for a short week. My gym opens up again today.Eliptical here I come!

gettinmygrooveback 09-06-2011 09:06 AM

Anyone used the new EGGIES? Molded egg shapes that you can either crack an egg into or use egg whites from a carton then stovetop boil. No more peeling eggs.......:)

sandyh50 09-06-2011 09:10 AM

Good morning all! Back to work after a relaxing Labor Day weekend. I was perfectly OP and constantly thinking about getting into the 160's tomorrow at weigh in. I seem to be obsessed with this diet and all the time I spend thinking and reading information. Yesterday I spent a good hour upstairs in my extra closets trying on smaller clothes. It was so fun, just like I went shopping in a big city! I lost over a hundred pounds ten years ago on WW and kept it off mostly for 8 years, then with osteoarthritis in my knees I put back on 50 pounds in 2 years when I quit walking everywhere and doing dvd's with colleagues. I am so glad I didn't give away all my smaller clothes.

sandralosingweight 09-06-2011 09:27 AM

Good morning everybody,

I attended the hugest wedding I've ever been to on Sunday, I wanted to stay OP but, after waiting and waiting for the main meal which was a steak, I ended up eating the salad and the pasta and some bread of course.

I ended up gaining 2 pounds, so now I am back on program, hopefully I should lose 4-5 pounds this week.

Hope everybody is doing well.

M0vingon 09-06-2011 09:28 AM

Happy Tuesday-that-feels-like-a-Monday everyone!

Welcome Granby!

I'm off work again today, which sucks because I miss the structure. I'm plannig a lot of errands and whatnot today to keep me busy. I had a really rough weekend. I wanted to eat non-stop. I haven't felt that way in many months. I'd prefer to avoid that battle today, so I'm staying busy.

Tomorrow is WI and I haven't lost an ounce :( I'm unsure what to do. I sure do miss the days when I lost daily!

I'm off to a Pilates class this morning- maybe that will shake things up a bit. LOL Have a great day everyone!

Pxlkitty4 09-06-2011 09:30 AM

WUV2BLOVED - thanks for starting the daily thread. I hope that you are asleep now and that your son's speech went well.

Things at work are crazy for me this week. I won't be posting much, but wanted to stop in and say hi.

Paint Lady 09-06-2011 09:35 AM

Good morning everyone! Thank goodness for school today. My house is quiet again! We spent all day outside yesterday. We only had small limbs to pick up all over the place and that didn't take too long. I still have some standing water in my pastures, but everything else has drained well. The kids were so glad to get out of the house and I was very thankful of that as well. We slept with the windows open last night. I am actually cold this morning. I am sitting at the computer wrapped in a blanket drinking my coffee.
Ok, I've read on here that some people experience hunger around the 4th or 5th week. I am starving!! I'm 100% OP, am still not allowed any restricted veggies or IP foods. I eat my meals and am full, but an hour or so later, I am really hungry, my stomach even growls. I am consuming lots and lots of water, way more than the minumum amount. I am taking the multi vitamins, cal/mag, and potassium/calcium when I am supposed to. I only use 1 splenda in the morning in my coffee. I rarely use WF products because I don't really like them. Maybe a drizzle of salad dressing every 3 or 4 days. I am eating lettuce with most of my lunches and dinners. Does this hunger go away again or will I feel like this for a while? I am missing the way I felt in the last 4 weeks for sure.

Bellamack 09-06-2011 09:49 AM

Good Morning All,

Paint Lady I have had to eat an extra packet when starving, although I have only had 2 extra packets in 10 weeks. I don't get hungry, but I lack the "energy" others talk about.

I have been on OP only chicken and fish since last WI, taking the Novilax and still no movement, lol. I feel discouraged again today, I guess because it is gloomy and a bit chilly. I am going to Rochester NY tomorrow to visit an old friend and go shopping, it will be fun. The rest of today, sewing that I have promised to others (that is why I don't get my own done) tee hee.

Stay focused ( I am telling myself all the time) Just Stay Focused.

Paint Lady 09-06-2011 10:02 AM

I really wish I could sew. I taught myself how to knit a couple of years ago, but can really only knit scarves and I rarely finish one. I've probably completed 4 total in that time and I have 3 or 4 started ones lying in a drawer. The only time I really sit still is when I'm on the computer. I don't even watch TV.

Pauley 09-06-2011 10:20 AM

Good Morning! I still experience a lot of hunger Paint Lady and I'm in week 11 or 12 now. It seems to hit some of us harder than others. I think I need to work on splitting up my meals and snack better to help with the hunger.

For once it's sunny and beautiful in Seattle! Back to work and the structure that makes dieting so much easier. I'm ready to bounce back from my weekend of debauchery.