3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Losing motivation; I need a pep talk.. :( (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/242278-losing-motivation%3B-i-need-pep-talk.html)

amaliayosa 09-07-2011 07:53 AM

The cravings pass. I am out of town now, had tons of appointments yesterday. I will actually be moving into phase 2. Found a seafood restaurant last night and fought with everything in my not to order the lobster ravioli! I instead ordered trout almondine, with no sauce, with steamed zucchini and sauteed spinach. Peligrino mineral water instead of wine and told her to not even bother bringing the bread out. I know we're not supposed to have almonds yet but I actually felt good about my choice and felt as if I could have just said 'screw it' and ordered things that I knew were not good for me.

This is a re-training of old patterns here. We are always going to be surrounded by people who can eat fattening foods and not gain. Unfortunately I am not one of them. To me, being thin and fit has become much more important then satisfying a momentary craving, then feeling horrible about it afterwards. You can do this! Think about all the cute clothes you will get to wear when you hit goal!

xjennyd 09-07-2011 01:04 PM

Oh you are totally right! I'm just thinking of all the cute clothes and how good I'll look! I only have 21 pounds more to go; and I should be able to fit into a small/xsmall and a size 0-2 sooon! My mom is really pushing me but it's very hard when I see my boyfriend and family members eat such yummy food and I'm here, eating these packages. Sigh! It'll be worth it, just gotta keep going.

JellyMae87 09-07-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xjennyd (Post 4023689)
Oh you are totally right! I'm just thinking of all the cute clothes and how good I'll look! I only have 21 pounds more to go; and I should be able to fit into a small/xsmall and a size 0-2 sooon! My mom is really pushing me but it's very hard when I see my boyfriend and family members eat such yummy food and I'm here, eating these packages. Sigh! It'll be worth it, just gotta keep going.

Try not to think of them as just packages... Think positive! While they are eating the yummy food... think of how you felt before you started IP...

and just remember Sexy doesn't happen overnight! It's going to take some work... and right now you are in that "working" stage!!

xjennyd 09-07-2011 02:22 PM

Thanks so much. You're right, :) I felt so bad about myself, I wanted to start it ASAP; and now thatI started I guess I forgot the reason why I'm doing this. Hope you all reach yourgoals and more!

stellartadpole 09-10-2011 06:17 PM

Hey xjennyd, hope you're staying strong.

My first week, I didn't let myself eat with others because of my cravings. But afterwards, it was easier. Until my birthday dinner at a steakhouse... I cheated and boy did i suffer. I had some cheesecake, got knocked out of ketosis, and my cravings started all over again. I lost the energy boost i got from being on ip and off of sugar and stalled my weight lost to 1/2 pound for the week! I learned my lesson.

What's really helped me now is finding ip packs that I love to eat and great meals that kill fast-food cravings, like big mac in a bowl or ip "milkshakes" (vanilla/choc/straw drink mixes blended with ice, splenda, and flavored extract of your choice). And pickles. Lots of dill pickles.