3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat 9/2/11 - 9/5/11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/242226-ip-weekend-chat-9-2-11-9-5-11-a.html)

Sherwood 09-02-2011 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 4017615)
I just realized I'm down 60 lbs and only 6 lbs away from my halfway point....crazy

Congratulations!!!!! Awesome job:carrot::carrot::carrot:

orangelillypad 09-02-2011 02:04 PM

Hi! I just started IP a week ago and had my first appt. today. I knew I had lost something but didn't know how much and I'm excited to say 10 pounds!!! There have been a lot of learning things this first week especially with the food. But after those kinds of results I don't mind so much haha. I know all the weigh ins won't be like that but it's a good start. I love this thread and I'm glad I found people who are the same program! THANK YOU!!!!

Busymomx4 09-02-2011 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orangelillypad (Post 4017802)
Hi! I just started IP a week ago and had my first appt. today. I knew I had lost something but didn't know how much and I'm excited to say 10 pounds!!! There have been a lot of learning things this first week especially with the food. But after those kinds of results I don't mind so much haha. I know all the weigh ins won't be like that but it's a good start. I love this thread and I'm glad I found people who are the same program! THANK YOU!!!!

Congratulations on your first WI and you did AWSOME :)

LaLibE 09-02-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

10lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing - keep up the great work :)

wuv2bloved 09-02-2011 02:16 PM

Great job everyone and looks like some great NSV's. I am like gettingmygrooveback...preparing for all of the rain. We are expected up to 20 inches here on the coast. I washed all of my clothes yesterday going to finish today, getting ready to go to the store and pay rent while the rain has stopped for the moment. Have a great day everyone :)

sandralosingweight 09-02-2011 02:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by justamom (Post 4017749)
For those who use different supplements from IP-how do you choose which ones to use? There are so many out there!

Hello,

I started IP on May 30, 2011 and since the very beginning, I never bought my supplements from IP as I found that the ones I buy from Costco and local pharmacies are less expensive.

How do I choose which ones to use is by following what we should take. I attached the file for you, so I do the calculation and see how much of which supplement I should take.

It sure takes some time to look at labels but it is worth saving the money.

Good luck :)

showgirlaz 09-02-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4017687)
You take care of yourself and your family. Hopefully you won't get that much rain.

Wow there are so many new recipes that look interesting now I am having a hard time deciding if I should get crepes, pancakes, cereal, or puddings my next IP shopping trip... Thank you all for the new recipes, I just want to make everything. Thanks Steven, Carla, Maile, Wuv2, Jenny and Jordana for all the new ideas floating around in my head...

Just on a note, I did make faux Mango chutney the other day and it turned on quite good... I think it would be good over the turkey burgers someone add to the burger link... cant wait to try them too.

I will have to look to find that recipe post! It sounds like something yummy for grilled fish or salmon burgers. :)

Quote:

Congratulations!! Great numbers for week 1. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST (Post 4017589)
This is too funny as I was just thinking about making this for snack tonight... Thanks for reminding me.

Glad I was thinking of it today too! I hope you enjoy it and the soup too, if you make it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback (Post 4017656)
Happy Friday all.....great job everyone. Success is a wonderful feeling.

I am in the process of doing something I have NEVER done before in my life. I am washing jeans in hot water and then will dry them on high heat. Feels very strange but still brought a nice smile, inside and out.

I've had several personal decisions that need to make and have been doing my best to not think about weight loss over the past few days. On autopilot when it comes to eating. Seems to be working.....down 3 lbs from last Friday!

Wish I could be riding high right now but we are preparing for a major rain event in my part of the world. Winds won't be too strong but rainfall amounts are being predicted up to 9 inches over the next few days where I live. Other areas south of me...up to 20 inches. There is no land relief here so when we get heavy rainfall in a short period of time there in nowhere for the water to go but up. This is a major stress factor....waiting to see. Power will most likely go out...hopefully for not too long. 3 years ago yesterday I lost my roof to Hurricane Gustav and had no power for 10 days.

Errands are taken care of, laundry is almost done, my son will be shortly to help with outdoor issues. I got everything I need.....almost!

Stay strong....especially my southern sistas in this storm's path.

Wishing you all the best through this! I hope you will be able to reach out and let us know how you fair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4017829)
Great job everyone and looks like some great NSV's. I am like gettingmygrooveback...preparing for all of the rain. We are expected up to 20 inches here on the coast. I washed all of my clothes yesterday going to finish today, getting ready to go to the store and pay rent while the rain has stopped for the moment. Have a great day everyone :)

Wuv, is any of this weather mentioned partly effecting you?

Jennibean 09-02-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wuv2bloved (Post 4017829)

I heard on the news earlier that we are supposed to be getting 10-15" of rain here in Tigerland. I hope neither of us get what is predicted. We need the rain but not all at once. Debating whether I should go out and buy batteries since we haven't replaced them in a few years. I just don't think it will be that bad.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!! :D

pselias 09-02-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4017405)
Good morning. I am glad to read that others do the same thing on WI day! I had to change from morning to afternoon which of course made it difficult for the first PM WI. I also wear the same clothes, take off jewelry and watch the water!
Well..I call it another successful Ideal Protein Social Encounter. Some very good friends invited themselves over after dinner and brought pizza. Everyone had pizza and wine. I sipped water. I am getting better at doing this and not feeling sorry for myself. I really was Ok with talking and enjoying them without food. Fortunately it was not one of my favorite pizzas..LOL

That's the key when your friends and family insist on pizza - order toppings you don't like!

Jennibean 09-02-2011 03:53 PM

I really hope Godiva's website is correct because I have some of their ground coffee in the peppermint mocha flavor and the website says they have no sugar/ingredients with sugar or gluten in their coffee. I just made some and it was exactly what I needed to wake me up and curb the want for something with sugar. I guess my scale will tell me if they are telling the truth or not.

leganegan 09-02-2011 03:54 PM

QUOTE=redhead14;4017445]WHOO HOO!!!! Hit 50lbs today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

:woohoo::cheer2::cheer::yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chanok (Post 4017569)
Good Morning everyone, I have been an occasional poster but mostly a lurker. I just want to say thank you to you all for just posting you guys are a great help and inspiration to all of us who are mainly "readers".
Cheers

Hi!!!! You can lurk. We don't mind as long as it helps you! Feel free to chime in now and then!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 4017615)
I just realized I'm down 60 lbs and only 6 lbs away from my halfway point....crazy

:woohoo::woohoo:
Quote:

I am in the process of doing something I have NEVER done before in my life. I am washing jeans in hot water and then will dry them on high heat. Feels very strange but still brought a nice smile, inside and out.

I've had several personal decisions that need to make and have been doing my best to not think about weight loss over the past few days. On autopilot when it comes to eating. Seems to be working.....down 3 lbs from last Friday!

Stay safe and dry! :rain: And how exciting when you can dry pants and not worry!!!! And actually hope they shrink a little!!!!!:yay:

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait91 (Post 4017746)
You are all doing so so great! I can't wait until I can post some big loss numbers too! For now, I am still having trouble getting fully back on the plan. I'm mostly on except that...I am eating too many restricteds in a single day! (which I know means I am, actually not on the plan) Its frustrating.

I go home every day after work, having been good all day, and then cant seem to stop myself from binging on restricteds. Luckily I don't have many left (except the southwestern curls which are too spicy to be tempting) so I'm hoping not having them around will help solve the problem (although i know avoidance is not a solution)...but does anyone else ever have this problem!?!? I hate feeling so weak but I literally have not been able to get myself to stop!

(and I'm pretty embarrassed to be posting this...I don't really like to talk about my food/weight issues...but that is why i joined i guess!)

Do not be embarrassed, that's why we are all here. To support. We all have addictions to food. I know it might be hard. But try and not buy restricteds for a week. I tend to crave them the more I buy them. Then slowely add 2-3 a week, then 4 a week. I do about 3-4 a week and find that it helps. You can make pancakes with the cereal and it's not a restricted...

wildflower613 09-02-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Wish I could be riding high right now but we are preparing for a major rain event in my part of the world. Winds won't be too strong but rainfall amounts are being predicted up to 9 inches over the next few days where I live. Other areas south of me...up to 20 inches. There is no land relief here so when we get heavy rainfall in a short period of time there in nowhere for the water to go but up. This is a major stress factor....waiting to see. Power will most likely go out...hopefully for not too long. 3 years ago yesterday I lost my roof to Hurricane Gustav and had no power for 10 days.

Errands are taken care of, laundry is almost done, my son will be shortly to help with outdoor issues. I got everything I need.....almost!

Just wanted to let you know my thoughts and prayers are with you for this trying time.

Krista7382 09-02-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cait91 (Post 4017746)
You are all doing so so great! I can't wait until I can post some big loss numbers too! For now, I am still having trouble getting fully back on the plan. I'm mostly on except that...I am eating too many restricteds in a single day! (which I know means I am, actually not on the plan) Its frustrating.

I go home every day after work, having been good all day, and then cant seem to stop myself from binging on restricteds. Luckily I don't have many left (except the southwestern curls which are too spicy to be tempting) so I'm hoping not having them around will help solve the problem (although i know avoidance is not a solution)...but does anyone else ever have this problem!?!? I hate feeling so weak but I literally have not been able to get myself to stop!

(and I'm pretty embarrassed to be posting this...I don't really like to talk about my food/weight issues...but that is why i joined i guess!)

I agree with Lauren on both parts, do NOT be embarassed!! We all struggle. And also, the more I have the bars the worse I am. I am crazy for the white chocolate cinnamon bars, it's like crack to me :) Try to limit how many you buy so you can't binge! Remember to drink water when a craving hits to see if it's legit.

To all of you southern ladies, stay dry through this upcoming storm! :rain: We just went through it, it is NOT fun!! Stay safe (and OP) as well!!

wildflower613 09-02-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 4017565)
I made the scone recipe last night...for me it turned out like a really bad version of a pudding cake...i ate one serving as snack last night, by this morning it was so gross I had to chuck it....so that was 3 pkg's of IP food in the garbage...I dunno why they didn't work out but it was an expensive fail

This was going to be my next recipe to try but now I am scared too possibly waste packets...
I love the way the pudding cakes are now so I wonder if I shouldn't even mess with a good thing...

gettinmygrooveback 09-02-2011 04:54 PM

Thanks for the concern guys. Speaking for some of the LA/MS folks on this site......This ain't our first rodeo. :) Sad to say, but we all to know the "drills" to prepare for these storms. I can still recall details from the worst storm (Betsy)to ever hit New Orleans when I was 5 years old. My son was about that same age when Andrew hit us dead on and then I got hit bad 3 years ago....and those were the bad ones. This one looks to be just lots of rain. Just help us pray it moves out of here quickly.

I'm sure some of us will post during the weekend...if we can. Suppose it's time to turn the weather channel on. :(