3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Motivation to follow program 100% (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241622-motivation-follow-program-100%25.html)

Dancer456 08-24-2011 01:54 PM

Motivation to follow program 100%

I'm new to the forum. I know this diet works and Ive seen results but I'm hitting 1-2 lb weeks and doing this with cheating and I know I need to do better! I'm working out 1 hr at least 3-4 times a week. I'm on week 7 and have lost 19lbs total. I think sometimes I forget how good that actually is and to be happy I'm atleast loosing. I wanted to hit 30lbs lost by my 30th bday but its coming up fast and I'm feeling discouraged. :p
Any support, encouragement or stories would help!

wuv2bloved 08-24-2011 02:02 PM

I answered you in the daily thread but I am going to add this to it.....Be happy that you are still losing 1-2lbs even though you are cheating. We have a few ladies on this board who have been 100% OP since day one and are at complete stalls or not even losing a pound. You say you are discouraged but how do you think they feel, not cheating at all not even a bite and You are cheating and losing. I am by no means telling you not to come here and ask for support because that is what this is all about being there for each other. And I will be one of the first ones to respond when someone needs encouragement. With that being said you know what you have to do, put your mind into it, get back on the wagon and stick to it....YOU can do this.

jennydoodle 08-24-2011 04:48 PM

Unfortunately you have found out that you can cheat and still lose, so finding that motivation is going to be difficult. I haven't had a cheat yet, and am scared to find out what will happen when I do (it is planned for my vacation).

I am not sure when your 30th b-day is, but you have 11 more pounds to go to hit the 30# mark. You can stick to your 1-2 pounds a week and get there in roughly 8 weeks or you can commit to the plan 100% and get there long before your birthday and aim to be on phase 2 by the time your birthday rolls around. If you stick to the plan and have no cheats between now and then, you will blow that 30# mark out of the water! Why not commit to the plan and aim to be at the 35# or 40# mark? You can do it!

jennydoodle 08-24-2011 04:50 PM

Oh, on the days you are working out, up your packet count to 4. This may also help you stay OP, knowing that if you exercise, you can have an extra packet.

brummie 08-24-2011 07:08 PM

If you are cheating regularly, then you are not doing IP....that's the bottom line, sorry. (even if you are losing weight).
Don't make this harder for yourself, if you can make the commitment now the road ahead is going to be so much easier for you. This plan is about more then losing weight, it's about respecting yourself and learning how to live a healthy life. You deserve that...right??

coliep 08-24-2011 09:10 PM

Sorry to say that the cheat & lose method doesn't go on forever (speaking from experience). It also carries with it guilt and disappointment about cheating and difficulty starting / committing 100%. My suggestion is to take a step back and start fresh, without cheating. I have gone down the slippery slope of cheats my friend and am not pleased with my results. By contrast, I see lots of happy and successful 100% IPers!

Bellamack 08-24-2011 09:20 PM

Wuv2B, Jennydoodle, 2Ride, gettinmygrooveback & Jordanna,

Are my ROCKS, they stay at the program and encourage others. They know what they are talking about. so, Listen :)

Dancer456 08-24-2011 09:45 PM

Thank you all soooo much! I really just had 2 weeks where 1 day each week I caved and knew I shouldn't have. I was working out way too much and not getting the additional protein I was supposed to be getting. I had no idea! Thank you all for your help! I am motivated and know I can do this! Good luck and I am excited to get to know you all better!

jennydoodle 08-24-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4005695)

Are my ROCKS, they stay at the program and encourage others. They know what they are talking about. so, Listen :)

:thanks:

brummie 08-24-2011 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancer456 (Post 4005724)
Thank you all soooo much! I really just had 2 weeks where 1 day each week I caved and knew I shouldn't have. I was working out way too much and not getting the additional protein I was supposed to be getting. I had no idea! Thank you all for your help! I am motivated and know I can do this! Good luck and I am excited to get to know you all better!

Great attitude! You can do this!

wuv2bloved 08-24-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellamack (Post 4005695)

:comp::cheer3::cheer2::cheer3::cheer2::goodluck:

bigpassport 08-25-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brummie (Post 4005503)
Don't make this harder for yourself, if you can make the commitment now the road ahead is going to be so much easier for you. This plan is about more then losing weight, it's about respecting yourself and learning how to live a healthy life. You deserve that...right??

I totally agree. By committing 100%, the program becomes easier. You don't have to worry about how far out you can move the line and whether you crossed the line. You also don't have guilt. You also don't wonder how much you would have lost if you had done it 100%. Really, it's EASIER to go 100%! You can totally do it and cruise through to your goal.

Sherwood 08-25-2011 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancer456 (Post 4004988)
I'm new to the forum. I know this diet works and Ive seen results but I'm hitting 1-2 lb weeks and doing this with cheating and I know I need to do better! I'm working out 1 hr at least 3-4 times a week. I'm on week 7 and have lost 19lbs total. I think sometimes I forget how good that actually is and to be happy I'm atleast loosing. I wanted to hit 30lbs lost by my 30th bday but its coming up fast and I'm feeling discouraged.
Any support, encouragement or stories would help!

I've been on since January and off 3 times for vacations. It is extremely hard to get back on the wagon, (even when one vacation was only 4 days). That being said, I find it extremely easy to stay on when I'm at home/work and not have to think about cheating - it's just not on my choice list. Life is much simpler once you make that decision. :hug:

happygirl5 08-25-2011 01:36 AM

Exercise!

I believe it will make it OK to cheat. you shouldn't be so hard on urself after all, cause it's a lifestyle not a 6 months diet or smth.

Good luck :)

wuv2bloved 08-25-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by happygirl5 (Post 4005933)
Exercise!

I believe it will make it OK to cheat. you shouldn't be so hard on urself after all, cause it's a lifestyle not a 6 months diet or smth.

Good luck :)

Just because you exercise it does NOT make is OK to cheat!!....this is a NO CHEAT PROGRAM!