Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Hi I'm new to the forums but I need some motivation! I've been on Ideal Protein for 7 weeks and lost 19 lbs! i have had a few bad weeks and have cheated and still lost a pound or 2 so I have got in the habit! I KNOW this is not good but I think I just need someone to "kick me in the butt" so to say so I can get back on the right track!!
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:31 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 243.6/196.4/165

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwood View Post
If you can't find good sales, check out a thrift store - I've been shopping there as I go through the sizes and get jeans for $6. Very easy to donate them back and then buy new ones as I go down. I started at a 20/22 and am now a 12/14, with very little hit to the clothing pocketbook.
I need to do this. I have a bit of a image issue to get over. When I was a size 20 I was the best dressed big woman you have ever seen. I said to myself just because I am fat does not mean I can't dress nice. Now that I am into regular size clothes and not womens clothes maybe I can find some great stuff at a thrift store.

Last edited by murleya1; 08-24-2011 at 01:35 PM.
murleya1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:37 PM   #48  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieGee View Post
Well I had my WI4 and lost THREE POUNDS! I am very happy with that and it comes to 18 pounds in 4 weeks. Yay! Now I only have to lose 2 lbs this week and I'll have lost the 20 lbs I wanted to lose this month.

I'm kinda broke this week, paying for my plane ticket and all so I was very happily surprised when the cost of my food only came to $56 because someone put me down as their referrer when they joined. So I get a free box but instead of making me pick out a box, I just got the cost off of the food I chose.

She also said I could bring in all my extras - and any stuff I don't like - and exchange them. Since my esthetician gave me about 15 packets, I will have to buy very little next week. That's good because payday is the day AFTER my weigh in.
Congrats Jackie that is great... anything to save money is really good.

Sorry I hope I didn't scare you about your "little lapdog" I hope it is cleared up but did want to warn you that it might not be. I can ask a friend that works for my vet clinic if you like?
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:48 PM   #49  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancer456 View Post
Hi I'm new to the forums but I need some motivation! I've been on Ideal Protein for 7 weeks and lost 19 lbs! i have had a few bad weeks and have cheated and still lost a pound or 2 so I have got in the habit! I KNOW this is not good but I think I just need someone to "kick me in the butt" so to say so I can get back on the right track!!
Well you know how to do it but you need to STICK TO THE PROGRAM 100%, you can't cheat and expect it to work. It may work when you do it every now and then but for only being on the program 7weeks and have had several "bad" weeks is not good. I have been 100% for 18weeks now with NOT ONE bite of anything I was not suppose to have. IF you are serious and WANT to lose the weight YOU have to buckle down and get to it. ONLY YOU can do that. US kicking you in the butt will not get you to do it. We can kick your butt until you are blue in the face and it still will not help IF YOU DON"T wanna do it yourself!..

Sorry, Just my two cents
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
I need to do this. I have a bit of a image issue to get over. When I was a size 20 I was the best dressed big woman you have ever seen. I said to myself just because I am fat does not mean I can't dress nice. Now that I am into regular size clothes and not womens clothes maybe I can find some great stuff at a thrift store.
I think part of it is finding the right consignment shop. There is one that I go to that has brands like Ann Taylor and Banana Republic and UP. I just got a pair of Juicy jeans there for $22 and they also had 7 for all mankind, Lucky, True Religion for the same price. I only bought the Juicy because they fit me the best and I didn't want to buy too much since I am going through clothes pretty quickly. Definitely do your "homework" to find a good consignment shop and I think you will be happy with the brands you will find.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:58 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 194/Ticker/135

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Well you know how to do it but you need to STICK TO THE PROGRAM 100%, you can't cheat and expect it to work. It may work when you do it every now and then but for only being on the program 7weeks and have had several "bad" weeks is not good. I have been 100% for 18weeks now with NOT ONE bite of anything I was not suppose to have. IF you are serious and WANT to lose the weight YOU have to buckle down and get to it. ONLY YOU can do that. US kicking you in the butt will not get you to do it. We can kick your butt until you are blue in the face and it still will not help IF YOU DON"T wanna do it yourself!..

Sorry, Just my two cents
That helps! I went 5 weeks without even a taste of anything and as soon as I did it was easier and easier to do it the next time. I also have exercise questions. I was told as long as I have energy to go ahead and do it now. I absolutely love running like crazy on the elliptical trainer and am starting to really tone my legs and get a lot more strength then I previously had. I'm doing around 60 min when I do it though and sometimes just keep going because I love it! Sounds crazy but thats my escape right now- Am I doing too much though?!?!
Dancer456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:06 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon!

I am on day 1 of Phase 2. Yesterday, I was ready to throw in the towel and just use alternatives. But she wants to make sure that I will be able to maintain my weight loss first. (I don't think she realized how much information is online and the fact that the New Lifestyle Chocolate RTDs are basically the same as IPs and are a lot less expensive!)

So I am now on Phase 2 for 2 weeks and then will move onto Phase 3. I am still about 2 lbs up from my low before my weekend binge. I had been over 6 lbs up from my low.

Once I hit maintenance, I will try to maintain for a while and the probably go back and try to lose my last 10 to 15 lbs using alternatives. Right now, I am in the upper end of my healthy weight range, but would like to get a little cushion in there.
becca1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:07 PM   #53  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
That helps! I went 5 weeks without even a taste of anything and as soon as I did it was easier and easier to do it the next time. I also have exercise questions. I was told as long as I have energy to go ahead and do it now. I absolutely love running like crazy on the elliptical trainer and am starting to really tone my legs and get a lot more strength then I previously had. I'm doing around 60 min when I do it though and sometimes just keep going because I love it! Sounds crazy but thats my escape right now- Am I doing too much though?!?!
Some of the other girls do workouts/running, and have been told to add extra packets on the days they work out so maybe one of them can tell you more. Carla is always helpful when it comes to stuff like that.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:09 PM   #54  

Hi all! I ran home to eat my IP lunch, I'm back to school full time now. I did have weigh in this morning with 1.25 pound loss and lost 3 1/4 inches. I wanted to hit that 30 pounds lost, but next week for sure! Have a good day!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #55  

Height: 5' 5"

It's WI day again. I'm stuck in a time warp. I'm also PMSing- hard. Blah! I had to give back a bit of my loss this week- so I'm at -1.6. I blame the hormones, primarily- and the crazy weekend I had as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to lose 1.6! It's better than nothing!
I really need to get my head on straight. I forgot my veggies for lunch today. I didn't make them and forget them at home, I just didn't think of it at all. I have my salad- with a few cucumber slices and pepper bits on top. I brought my RTD- almost forgot that too. UGH!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:29 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Regarding thrift store finds - I wore a simple wrap style black dress yesterday that I bought at the thrift store and got more compliments on that than anything else I've worn since my weight loss! Love my local Salvation Army. I wish I had a thrift store like Jennie's though. That one sounds even better.

I have my WI in 4 hours. I'm going to pound my water for another hour and then stop so it's hopefully gone before I weigh!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:45 PM   #57  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by becca1978 View Post
Good afternoon!

I am on day 1 of Phase 2. Yesterday, I was ready to throw in the towel and just use alternatives. But she wants to make sure that I will be able to maintain my weight loss first. (I don't think she realized how much information is online and the fact that the New Lifestyle Chocolate RTDs are basically the same as IPs and are a lot less expensive!)

So I am now on Phase 2 for 2 weeks and then will move onto Phase 3. I am still about 2 lbs up from my low before my weekend binge. I had been over 6 lbs up from my low.

Once I hit maintenance, I will try to maintain for a while and the probably go back and try to lose my last 10 to 15 lbs using alternatives. Right now, I am in the upper end of my healthy weight range, but would like to get a little cushion in there.
I as well am in phase 2 this is my second day, my biggest issue was the shock of having to choose what protein to eat instead of a packet. I have had spinach salad both days with eggs yesterday and taco meat and hot sauce today... I must admit it is nice not having to bring the shaker to work ever day, got rtd drinks this week so very easy. If I don't have a good weight loss this week and next I think my coach wants me to phase out, so like you I will try it for a while to give my body a break and then go back for the last 10 - 15 lbs. Good luck with your phasing out.

Movingon - sorry you are having a rough day... lately I have been forgetting packets and my supplements... Have a better day.

I also would love a store like Jenney has found too cool...
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 02:46 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so happy with my WI today! Down 2.4lbs after being off for a month and then being back on less than a week! I'm loving the bike riding for excercize, it helps me feel like I'm doing something to fix my biggest problem area, my legs. I need to work on the abs and arms too. But my legs are keeping me from feeling comfortable in jeans in the size 10 I'm currently in for skirts and shorts. Thankfully it's hotter than a pistol still so pants aren't going to be worn for a bit anyway.

I'm 1lb away from a healthy BMI!!!

My goal is to be at goal weight and in good shape by November for a friends wedding. I don't think is terribly crazy! If I don't get there by then, it won't be long after that. I want to be fabulous by Christmas since my brother who is currently overseas will be back by then and hasn't seen me since before I started IP. Here's to an OP week!

Last edited by AprilH3; 08-24-2011 at 02:47 PM.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:02 PM   #59  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

I'm an aunt again! Love my Jess and new new son Eli! Oh, how I wish I was there......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jess and Eli.jpg (8.4 KB, 12 views)
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 03:09 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Quote:
This is fine, however, add an additional packet within 30 minutes post exercise.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote