Old 05-08-2012, 07:42 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Those stuffed peppers look great ! Are you allowed to have red,yellow and orange peppers on phase 1 ?
SoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Default bell peppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiawatts View Post
Those stuffed peppers look great ! Are you allowed to have red,yellow and orange peppers on phase 1 ?
All colors of bell peppers are allowed in phase 1. Note that different colors have different carbs, though.

GREEN
½ cup chopped green Bell pepper: 2.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 15 calories
½ cup sliced green Bell pepper: 1.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 9 calories
1 medium green Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 6 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 24 calories

RED
½ cup chopped red Bell pepper: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 23 calories
½ cup sliced red Bell pepper: 2 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 14 calories
1 medium red Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 37 calories
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:34 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 195.0/172.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
All colors of bell peppers are allowed in phase 1. Note that different colors have different carbs, though.

GREEN
½ cup chopped green Bell pepper: 2.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 15 calories
½ cup sliced green Bell pepper: 1.5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 9 calories
1 medium green Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 6 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 24 calories

RED
½ cup chopped red Bell pepper: 3 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1.5 grams fiber and 23 calories
½ cup sliced red Bell pepper: 2 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 1 gram fiber and 14 calories
1 medium red Bell pepper (about 2¾" long and 2½" or about 4¼ oz.): 5 grams effective (net) carbohydrate plus 2 grams fiber and 37 calories
OMG! Thanks for sharing that difference. I didn't know this - - should I stick to green peppers on phase 1 then?
Daydreamer73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34 PM   #379  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
OMG! Thanks for sharing that difference. I didn't know this - - should I stick to green peppers on phase 1 then?
I interchange bell peppers and dont notice a difference. But if you are concerned and dont think they taste different, go green.

(Though I read somewhere that the colored peppers have more good things in them... but who knows?)
Old 05-14-2012, 05:20 PM   #380  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
I interchange bell peppers and dont notice a difference. But if you are concerned and dont think they taste different, go green.

(Though I read somewhere that the colored peppers have more good things in them... but who knows?)
Good to see you around again, I have been keeping up with you on FB
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:51 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
For a sugar free terriyakki sauce I use soy sauce, splenda or stevia, and a bit of ginger ( I like it best with fresh grated). The consistency is more like that of a marinade BUT, I found that if I use just a bit of arrowroot powder or just a tiny bit (1/8 of tsp roughly) of guar gum powder I can create something a little thicker that will cling. You can also add a bit of ginger and a few sprinkles of sesame seeds to this mixture.
Thanks a lot for this little tip! I tried it last night as a marinade for steak and then grilled it. It was fabulous!! My hubby even commented on how good it was. Now I have to try some of the dressing ideas also.
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:58 AM   #382  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 211/141/125

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Quote:

FinnSteven we are happy to see you! I too have been ith you on FACEBOOK!

MANY of us thank you for your very valuable contributions!
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:45 AM   #383  

Default More Recipes...

How much do I love the new IP Potato packets? I almost never make them according to directions since there are so many other great things to do with them. (Tortilla Wraps! Potato Pancakes! Clam Chowder! Pita Bread!)

Here is the link to the photos of Phase 1 recipes...
Click Here for Pix. Click Pix for recipes. Click LIKE on Facebook to get regular updates

Thanks for the kind words. I will try to post occational updates here to help new members discover more recipes, but will continue to focus my attention on the FB pages as the one stop shop since my time is so tight.

Sunny, Happy Summer! I am so proud of you guys... especially my friends from when I first started the diet who have been so successful and are looking so GORGEOUS!!!
Old 05-26-2012, 06:07 AM   #384  

Default Rhubarb season!

Click for: Easy Rhubarb "Pie" recipe link
Old 05-27-2012, 07:44 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
VIBRANT SPINACH:
Forget the nasty grey lump of seaweed that your school cafeteria called spinach. Real cooked spinach will make your tastebuds applaud. Jamie Oliver's simple recipe is my favourite... the addition of nutmeg is inspired.

The simplest way to cook spinach is in a pan with a little olive oil, a grating of nutmeg and a tiny squeeze of lemon juice with a lid on to let it steam. (I add a dash of sea salt & black pepper)

This will taste great, and it goes with just about anything – pasta, fish or meat. If there is any excess moisture when the spinach is cooked, just tilt the pan so it runs to the other side and pour it away. Let the spinach sit for a minute and then serve.

Note that the spinach reduces in size drastically... so don't be afraid to use a lot.
I tried this the other night and it was FABULOUS! I normally didn't eat spinach unless it was coated in a creamy sauce, but this way mande me go out and get a big bunch full. And the DH likes it too! Thanks again Steven for all the yummy eats, and I look forward to trying more
sprite613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #386  
Ideal Protein Newbie

S/C/G: 247/237/150

Height: 5' 3.5"

Thanks for all this hard work! Amazing recipes, I'm excited by all the options!
Zipliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:12 AM   #387  
Started IP 4/5/2012

S/C/G: 200/190.1/140

Height: 5'7.5

Oh wow! This is awesome! Thanks
cass2ander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:18 PM   #388  

Default Potato Rolls (IP Potatoes)

FLUFFY POTATO ROLLS (IP Potatoes): Yum! Super easy new recipe when you miss bread.

INGREDIENTS:
1 package IP Potatoes
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
"I Can't Believe Its Not Butter" Spray
Olive Oil (spray)

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 200 C
2. Beat egg whites til foamy, but not stiff
3. Add in IP Potato mix, baking powder & baking soda. Mix well. Batter should be medium thick
4. Spray cupcake pan with olive oil or other 0/0/0 non-stick spray
5. Spoon batter into cupcake pan. I use large eggs, so the batter made 5 good size rolls, filling up each hole about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
6. Spray top of each roll with "I Can't Believe Its Not Butter"
7. Bake 7 to 12 min. Rolls should rise and brown a bit. Don't overcook or they may become too "papery".
8. Enjoy hot out of the oven!

Hints:
You can also add additional spices like Rosemary & Garlic Powder... Parsley & Thyme... use your imagination and let me know how you like these!
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #389  

Default Truvia

I saw someone post that we shouldnt use Truvia as a sweetener. According to my coaches and many other resources, thats not true. Here's the story and the science why its ok...(but still only use in moderation! I have never used more than 3 packets MAX per day, with 1 packet being average.)

When I looked on the Truvia box, it said that it contained 3 carbs. So why is that allowed? Here is the why...

One of the most frequently asked questions by carb conscious consumers is whether they should count the 3 grams of carbohydrate on the label. The answer is NO. Here's why…

The carbohydrate in Truvia® natural sweetener comes from erythritol – a natural sugar alcohol that is also found in grapes and pears – that also has zero calories. Erythritol passes through the body without being broken down for calories. As a result, it has no effect on blood sugar. Erythritol is used in Truvia® natural sweetener to evenly disperse rebiana to achieve uniform sweetness, similar to how dextrose and other suitable ingredients are used by other high intensity sweeteners to evenly disperse the sweetener.

Erythritol is a natural sugar alcohol that is different from other sugar alcohols in two ways.

1. Erythritol is not broken down by the body, so it cannot provide calories or affect blood sugar. Other sugar alcohols can be broken down by the body to varying degrees. This means that the body can use them for calories. Erythritol is different, it provides zero calories.

2. Erythritol has excellent gastrointestinal tolerance. This is because most of the erythritol that is consumed (up to 90%) is absorbed from the small intestine. Once it is absorbed, it is no longer available to cause problems in the gut.

"At www.TRUVIA.com our recipes include total calories, grams carbohydrate, grams erythritol, grams fiber, grams sugar. This practice allows you to subtract the grams of erythritol from the grams of total carbohydrate when you are count ing your grams of carbohydrate."
Old 06-27-2012, 02:16 AM   #390  

bump for newbies...