Old 03-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #361  

S/C/G: 150.2/132.4/125

Red face Thanks for the recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
SUCCULENT SEAFOOD PATTIES:
These are quick & easy to make and can be taken with you to work to heat in the microwave as well. Don't be intimidated by the ingredients list...many herb substitutions are welcome and you usually have most ingredients to make this work on hand. This one really hit the spot and satisfied the cravings for a toasted tuna sandwich or a crab patty.

Ingredients:
1 can tuna (in water)
2 beaten egg whites (add 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar if desired)
Handful of Red/Yellow/Green Bell Pepper (Paprika) chopped in small pieces (about 1/4 cup or less)
Handful of chopped leek or red/white onion (about 1/4 cup or less)
Splash of Lemon Juice
Herbs (I use about 1 TB of an asian herb mix I make and freeze which includes:
Parsley, Cilantro, Lemongrass, Ginger (very small pieces), & Red Chili. Don't worry if you dont have them all and you can substitute Basil, Oregano, etc. Though if you can find them, the herbs listed above work best for the right flavor)
Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper & White Pepper
Salad
Salad Dressing (your choice. I use Olive Oil, Black Pepper, Sea Salt, Lemon Juice, 1 package of Truvia (or other sweetener), 1 TB Mustard, Pinch of cilantro, & ginger paste)

Directions:
1. Drain Tuna and put in bowl.
2. Add salt (not too much!), pepper (lots) and herbs (best with parsley, cilantro, ginger...add the lemongrass & red chili if you have them. Substitute with other herbs like dill or thyme to your taste)
3. Add chopped bell peppers and leek/onion. You can also add in chopped cucumber, chilis, or zucchini if desired.
4. Squirt in lemon juice and stir til blended. (Tuna should not be in big chunks) Drain any liquid before adding to egg whites.
5. In another bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (you can add Cream of Tartar if you want it thicker)
6. Drop in tuna mix and fold together.
7. Add 2 tsp olive oil to pan
8. Drop about 1/4 cup batter onto hot pan on stove. (Usually fits 2 patties at a time).
9. Cook until you are able to flip over, being careful not to flip too early or it will break apart. (Not a big deal, though... still tastes great)
10. Place cooked patties onto lettuce leaves.
11. Use your favourite Ideal Protein approved dressing. (Recipe for what I use is above, but this would taste great with a wide variety of dressings like sweet onion, asian, lemon poppyseed, dill, etc)

Makes 4-6 good sized patties.

Hi Steven

I just completed with 1st week of IP with great success. I have been enjoying your recipes to help me jazz things up to complete Phase I. I just wanted to say thanks so so much for sharing.
Michelle (Ottawa, Canada)
thegooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:19 PM   #362  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

Steven,
This thread, your recipes, your ideas are amazing! I am in awe of you. Thanks also to the other fine cooks who have provided recipes and ideas here.

Thank you so much!
Chloe
Chloe222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #363  

bump
shiipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:28 AM   #364  

S/C/G: 162/162/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Molly, turn back a page and you should find the answer:

Click Here for Tips if Your Waffles Dont Turn Out

In summary:
1. Make sure your waffle iron isnt too hot.
2. Only use 2oz (50ml) water for the first batch....after you make great waffles, then you can play with the recipe more later.
3. Egg Whites shouldnt matter, but others recommend not beating until stiff, but just beating well in case too stiff might be the problem (although I dont think it is!)
4. Make sure your baking soda is fresh.
5. Let the batter sit for about 5 min so the baking powder/soda has time to inflate the batter.
6. Dont use Stevia when you try again. Although it shouldnt make a difference, at least in other recipes, Stevia powder demolished my egg whites. Try once batch without the extra sweetener.

That should fix it. We have had so many people comment on perfect waffles that I had to go back to the kitchen to figure out how to make an "bad" airy batch to see what could have gone wrong.

Hope that works for you... this is my new favourite!
I have tried many times making these and end up eating crumbs that I scraped off the waffle maker. My iron does'nt tell me what the temp is, so I put it on 400, is this to hot? I make these now and fry them in the skillet for a pancake but I would rather have the crispy waffle and not the crumbs that have been scraped off the maker!!
pegv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:34 AM   #365  

S/C/G: 170/170/145

Height: 5'7 1/2

I am in heaven with all these recipes & pics! Can't wait to try some of these. It will be like I am not on a diet at all! Thanks for sharing! The pics are amazing!!!
sunshine1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:56 AM   #366  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

The crispy cereal croutons saved me from salad boredom this week. So good.

And I tried the cauliflower breadsticks tonight. I'm wondering if I should have blanched the cauliflower first, though. Thoughts? Otherwise, I thought they were wonderful.

Thanks so much for taking the time to present these to the world, Steve. Well done!
ChaloJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #367  

S/C/G: 300/152/154

Height: 5 ft 5.525 inches

Steven,

It's gonna take me awhile to get through all of these, but I just wanted to thank you for posting these! It is so generous of you to share your ideas!

One thing I've really enjoyed through this process, beyond the weight loss, was to reawaken my love of cooking and getting creative with spices and trying new things. I buy very little that is premade now - I can make it better!

Thanks and good luck!
Sewmam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:05 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 143/120/120

Height: 5'1

bump
CassiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #369  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

Bump

Since starting this past Dec 1 i have been basic in my food selections. Just started trying recipes and they are wonderful and easy!
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM   #370  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Thanks for all the kind comments. Lots of brand new recipes on my facebook page. (My coaches finally got in the new food past customs... so look out for recipes for clam chowder, potato pancakes, fried rice, and a bunch of other new treats.)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinlohja

Click LIKE to get regular updates.

Fried "Rice" + Shrimp with Raspberry dressing (Sugar-Free Torani syrup + olive oil & spices. Also try oil + 1 tsp of raspberry IP Jelly or 1 tsp IP Mango/Peach)

Last edited by FinnSteven; 05-14-2012 at 12:26 PM. Reason: mistyped the URL!
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:42 PM   #371  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks for all the kind comments. Lots of brand new recipes on my facebook page. (My coaches finally got in the new food past customs... so look out for recipes for clam chowder, potato pancakes, fried rice, and a bunch of other new treats.)

http://www.facebook.com/idealproteinfinland

Click LIKE to get regular updates.

Fried "Rice" + Shrimp with Raspberry dressing (Sugar-Free Torani syrup + olive oil & spices. Also try oil + 1 tsp of raspberry IP Jelly or 1 tsp IP Mango/Peach)
Wow that looks like real rice... thanks I still come back here and look for recipes from you.
2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 217/155/146

Height: 5.5

Hi , Just started the IP today, I am excited ! I love all the recipes here ! Just gotta know how you get all the cute animated stuff on your post and the weight tracker ?
SoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:20 AM   #373  

S/C/G: 188/161.1/140

Height: 5'7"

Thank you, loving all the recipes very inspiring!
Puff8alump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:34 AM   #374  
Started IPD Dec 1, 2011

S/C/G: 188/182/140

Height: 5' 1 1/2"

FinnSteve doesn't post here anymore BUT here is the correct facebook page for recipes:

http://www.facebook.com/IdealProteinLohja?ref=ts

Great posts there!

Last edited by Tmg1989; 05-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Tmg1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #375  

S/C/G: 194/162.4/130

Height: 5'3"

So many yummy recipes
Skinnyminny26 is offline   Reply With Quote