3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html)

FinnSteven 12-29-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyMae87 (Post 4144673)
Other than you being MIA. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

JellyMae... Just noticed you reached 100+ or should I say - ! xoxoxoxo!!! So happy for you!

(Unfortunately, I am still MIA... gearing up for work travel through Feb to NYC, DC, Miami, Mumbai, Croatia, then ?) Hopefully will be back connected and cooking sooner rather than later.

patns 01-04-2012 04:22 PM

Good luck on your travels!
pat

SomedayBubblySomeday 01-05-2012 11:21 AM

Hi All!
I wanted to add a recipe for a taco salad that I've been making lately--I haven't tried the restricted chili, but I think this could work on the turnip fries, too! And, you can still have your restricted dessert!

5oz ground lean meat (I use bison)
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup mixed bell pepper strips (I dice them up while they're frozen)
1-2 cloves chopped garlic
Lots of chili powder (you want all of the meat to have that color)
Cumin to taste (I use at least a teaspoon)
Dash of Mrs. Dash's spicy mix
Few splashes of Frank's Hot Sauce
2-4 oz water
Olive oil
Salt to taste

Spray pan with olive oil or add it by the teaspoon, add mushrooms and peppers and cook until half of the moisture is removed. Add ground meat and garlic (so it doesn't burn by the end) and cook until no longer pink. Add generous amounts of chili powder, cumin, spicy mix and hot sauce (all to taste) and 2 oz water, stir and simmer for a minute or two, add more water if you want.

I put it on a bed of chopped lettuce. I add 2 teaspoons of taco sauce (not 100% according to phase 1, but has 10 calories and 1 carb) to the lettuce and mix it in first before putting the meat on top.

I love it!

watel 01-06-2012 02:26 PM

I just wanted to thank you, FinnSteven, for this thread, your recipes and photos, and your Facebook page. Your work has been very helpful with following the protocol...and inspirational, as well.

4kiddos 01-06-2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4049926)
Moi, AvaLynn. We are just starting work on the Finnish langauge translations of all of these recipes for a Finnish FB page. We will also have a different FB format than the english one with tabs to allow views for both what I post as well as what other members post so there can be more interaction, but still allow for a clean view if you just want to see the recipes.

Anyway, here is an update to the Banana Bread recipe previously posted changed to make :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie: Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:. They still didnt stay puffy when taken from the over (the centers fell), but the taste was excellent. Another way to re-energize your puddings into new tastes as well as stretch the portions while getting some more veggies in. I was surprised that the zucchini worked so well in this, since I was concerned it might not be good with the lemon. (Forgetting that I love the cooked shredded zucchini with just lemon and black pepper in a little olive oil.)

LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS (IP Lemon Pudding):
Here is an update to the banana bread recipe (Sorry, no new picture, but they look similar)

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...58413579_n.jpg

LEMON POPPY SEED MUFFINS (IP Lemon Pudding):

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package IP Lemon Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1.5 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
Up to 1 TB poppy seeds (more or less to taste
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp ginger powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 C (bout 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I used a little over 1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini. (This is important to not have the bread be too wet)
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (poppy seeds, cinnamon, ginger nutmeg) and the sweetener (Truvia) and let sit for about 2-5 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape. You can add 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar to thicken if desired.
4. Add in IP Lemon pudding & baking powder. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini (and rum/vanilla extract if using) and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 7 med size filling each 3/4 way up. It will also make 6 large if you want.
8. Cook for about 15-20 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall. ("Fallen" bread is in the picture...and apologies, the picture is for the banana bread. Lemon Poppy looks exactly the same only with more black poppy seed dots. :cookie::cookie::cookie::cookie:)

Finn ~ Curious if you have ever tried this with blueberry pudding. I love blueberry muffins and would be thrilled to have some while on phase 1. Have you tried this or any thoughts on the matter. Thanks! ~ Aimee

GloverParker 01-07-2012 09:19 AM

FinnSteven, I just couldn't go any longer without thanking you for so generously sharing your creative ideas (and pictures!) with everyone. These recipes have really transformed IP for me.

Incidentally, I received a laminator for Xmas this year so I went through and printed all your recipes/ideas and laminated each one separately, categorized them by "protein meals", "drinks", "packet ideas" and "strictly veggies" and stuck them on a metal ring. They totally solve for the "what on earth do I feel like for dinner?" problem and are really inspiring.

Your contributions here are huge and I really do think you should do a book -- my sense is that IP is only going to get bigger as more and more folks answer the question "my goodness, you look great -- how did you lose all that weight?" with "IP".

I'm off to make my zucchini pancakes and lemon poppy seed muffins! :carrot:

4kiddos 01-07-2012 04:58 PM

Bump ~ Tried the chocolate mousse today, yum! I think I am going to try and use my raspberry tea when mixing the choc pudding for a different twist.

lisa07 01-09-2012 10:16 AM

Thank you.....I just added your facebook page. You are a miracle worker!!! Just starting day 5 and I'm super motivated now.

FinnSteven 01-11-2012 03:51 PM

Thanks everyone! (and will be trying the Taco Salad recipe! And, yes, I have made the blueberry pudding as muffins once (our clinic only had a few packets available). I've also used strawberry. Both turned out fine, but I think the banana and lemon tasted closer to the real thing. (Blueberry misses the SQUISH of real fruit, though the zucchini helped the texture.)

Now... let's see if this works....

WOO HOO! DOWNLOADABLE PDF (FINALLY!) OF TONS OF RECIPES FROM MY FB PAGE IS FINALLY HERE (Version 1)

Click Here to go to my Facebook page for the link to the pdf and instructions to download it.

If you arent familiar with pdfs, you can download a free Adobe Acrobat pdf reader here. (Uncheck the box that installs the free toolbar. You dont need it)

Please let me know if a favourite recipe from my site is missing. I put this together for my coach for some of our new dieters in Finland, and didnt have time to do all the recipes yet. (If I get a few PayPal donations to help out, I'll update in a few months with a lot more. I started this project while on a 6 week paid summer vacation so it was easier to update often. Now my day job (and the sheer number of recipes created already!) makes it harder to prioritize frequent updates... but I'll try to keep going as long as I have ideas and inspiration from others)

Good luck and happy dieting! Suffering is optional! (But preparation and pre-making the food for your work lunches the night before sure helps, too! haha)

4kiddos 01-11-2012 03:57 PM

Tried the waffles with chocolate pudding today, very good. I used WF syrup. Hit the spot. Thanks Finn for all your wonderful ideas. It adds a little excitement to my daily eating. :)

patns 01-11-2012 06:44 PM

Wowee!! You put everything together and downlaodable. Can't wait till I get home to my printer. Thank you so much for doing this.

Linden 01-12-2012 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4167635)
Thanks everyone! (and will be trying the Taco Salad recipe! And, yes, I have made the blueberry pudding as muffins once (our clinic only had a few packets available). I've also used strawberry. Both turned out fine, but I think the banana and lemon tasted closer to the real thing. (Blueberry misses the SQUISH of real fruit, though the zucchini helped the texture.)

Now... let's see if this works....

WOO HOO! DOWNLOADABLE PDF (FINALLY!) OF TONS OF RECIPES FROM MY FB PAGE IS FINALLY HERE (Version 1)

Click Here to go to my Facebook page for the link to the pdf and instructions to download it.

If you arent familiar with pdfs, you can download a free Adobe Acrobat pdf reader here. (Uncheck the box that installs the free toolbar. You dont need it)

This is the message I got last night and again this morning, Steven. I'm wondering if others did, too? Regardless, THANK YOU.

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://doc-04-14-docsviewer.googleu...cPOdNw6”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

FinnSteven 01-12-2012 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4168274)
This is the message I got last night and again this morning, Steven. I'm wondering if others did, too? Regardless, THANK YOU.

Too many redirects occurred trying to open “https://doc-04-14-docsviewer.googleu...aOYx83cPOdNw6”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Hmm. thats why I mentioned "Hope this works." I tried it this morning and it worked fine. I think it freaked out because of too many hits yesterday since I don't pay for premium version of Google Docs. I tried to upload directly to this site, but it was too big. If someone has a better idea for a storage space for the doc (5MB) which wouldnt time out from too many downloads, send me a private message.

Until then... if it fails, wait a bit and try again.

Linden 01-12-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4168310)
Hmm. thats why I mentioned "Hope this works." I tried it this morning and it worked fine. I think it freaked out because of too many hits yesterday since I don't pay for premium version of Google Docs. I tried to upload directly to this site, but it was too big. If someone has a better idea for a storage space for the doc (5MB) which wouldnt time out from too many downloads, send me a private message.

Until then... if it fails, wait a bit and try again.

Thanks a lot. (So nice that someone else is awake at this hour. :D)

Shem7412 01-12-2012 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4047350)
BANANA BREAD (IP Banana Pudding):
Stretch your pudding and create a tasty snack that makes 9 medium or 6 large portions... All for you and all together count as only 1 non-restricted item!

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...58413579_n.jpg

Ingredients:
2 beaten egg whites
1 Package IP Banana Pudding
1 cup or more shredded zucchini
1 tsp baking powder
1 small package Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener (about 1 tsp)
1 tsp or more cinnamon
1/2 tsp or more cardamom
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1/4 - 1 tsp nutmeg
Optional: 1 tsp Rum extract and/or vanilla extract
Optional: Yellow food coloring (if you are sensitive about food looking more Banana-y. I dont use it)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 C (bout 350 F)
1. Grate zucchini (I use 1/2 a large zucchini for about 1-1.5 cups). Use a paper towel to soak up the moisture/water from the zucchini.
2. Dust the shredded zucchini with the various spices (cinnamon, cardamom, allspice, nutmeg) and let sit for about 2 minutes.
3. While waiting, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until they hold a shape.
4. Add in IP Banana pudding, baking powder, and sweetener. Blend.
5. Add in zucchini and rum/vanilla extract if using and blend.
6. Spray a muffin tin with Pam or other non-stick spray.
7. Pour batter into muffin tins. I made 9 med size filling each 1/2 way up. It will also make 6 large if you want.
8. Cook for about 10-15 minutes until top turns dark, but not burned. (Watch carefully).

NOTE: This "bread" will puff up gorgeously when baking, but will often deflate after taking from the oven. You can try cooking a bit longer or just enjoy the funny looking, but tasty treats as they fall. ("Fallen" bread is in the picture.)

This recipe will also work with Chocolate IP Pudding.

MORE NOTES:
I have to admit that I really dislike the Banana Pudding by itself, so looked for a way to re-imagine it in a way I would enjoy. I would absolutely make this recipe again.

I have previously posted a recipe for cupcakes which are ok, but not my favourite. This version is quite a bit better. Believe it or not, the zucchini gives it much more body as well as increases your portions dramatically. It also transforms into a delicious taste when the spices are added and it bakes. The Truvia sweetener is also a revelation in these, because it takes away the slightly chalky flavor of the pudding and makes it taste much better.

Lastly, I am from Finland, where Cardamom is King, so I am biased... but I think the taste and texture that spice gives really improves the overall banana taste. But you can make it without the cardamom as well if you dont have any.

When you say... add in IP Banana Pudding... do you mean the mix or actually make up pudding with water and then add it that to the mix?