Old 11-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #256  
back on track

S/C/G: 175/175/135-145

Height: 5'6.5"

Smile

I cannot say thank you enough, Finn! You have made this diet seem far from a diet. Instead it just feels like healthy eating, but in a very yummy way! A lot of these recipes are even better tasting than the majority of "bad foods" are. I ended up making an IP cookbook- I just printed off my favorite recipes with pics, slipped them in some plastic sheet protectors so kitchen spills wouldn't ruin them, and then grabbed a plastic 1" binder I had laying around! Wah Lah, personalized IP cookbook!

Once again, thanks so much!
April2Joy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:57 PM   #257  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I'm having a raspberry Italian ice of "dessert" and it's wonderful. Thanks.
Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:10 PM   #258  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I think I got the idea for meatloaf using the Southwest cheese curls as the breadcrumbs and I have made it a few times now and really like them. I make them in cupcake holders so I just grab my serving and take it to work.
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:54 PM   #259  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

bump
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 10:38 PM   #260  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Finn... I have a request... When you get the chance will you make the ice cream recipe?? I would like to see how it looks so I know that I will have the same consistancy... and I wanna see how nice looking you make your deserts!! : o)
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

JellyMae, send me a link to the Ice Cream recipe. I havent seen it...or dont remember it.

I tried making ice pops which are ok, but really lack the creaminess of a real fudgecicle/ dreamsicle, so I stopped making them.

Link to Bananas Foster Frozen Treat

I dont have high expectations of an ice cream without cream, eggs, or sugar. However a granita (is that the word?) of shaved ice made from the Cranberry/Pomegranate drink would probably be tasty... unfortunately, my clinic is out of that one.
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:13 AM   #262  
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 247/185/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
JellyMae, send me a link to the Ice Cream recipe. I havent seen it...or dont remember it.

I tried making ice pops which are ok, but really lack the creaminess of a real fudgecicle/ dreamsicle, so I stopped making them.

I dont have high expectations of an ice cream without cream, eggs, or sugar. However a granita (is that the word?) of shaved ice made from the Cranberry/Pomegranate drink would probably be tasty... unfortunately, my clinic is out of that one.
I made the "Ice Cream".... I used the Peach Mango drink mix... tasted like Sorbet... very good and a nice change of pace. I used the Chocolate drink the second time, it was like a Fudgecicle... very good.

This is the Boy Scout way of making Ice Cream while camping.

IP Ice Cream
Ingredients:
1 IP drink packet (I used the chocolate drink packet for chocolate ice cream)
½ TSP of vanilla extract
1 packet of sweetener (optional)
1 cup of water
½ cup of course salt
Ice

Directions:
Put 1 cup of water into IP shaker – add in vanilla and sweetener – then the IP drink packet and shake until well blended. Pour mixture into small sandwich plastic bag. SEAL TIGHT.

Take a gallon sized plastic bag and fill up half way with ice cubes. Pour ½ cup of salt into the bag. Place the sealed sandwich bag with the drink mixture inside the ice cube bag. MAKE SURE BOTH BAGS ARE SEALED TIGHT.

Now here come the little arm workout! Shake, shake, shake for 8 minutes. At about 5 minutes the mixture should be partially frozen – kind of looking like a slushy. I use pot holders while I’m shaking the bag because it’s cold to hold onto!

At 8 minutes you are going to have a hard bag of ‘ice cream’! Take out of the salty ice bag and very quickly rinse the bag off under cold water.
auntdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:21 PM   #263  

Thanks so much. Believe it or not I have had plain brocolli or plain spinach the whole time *7 weeks. No wonder I'm getting sick of it. Your recipes will give me the variety I crave. Thanks again
cocoagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:44 AM   #264  

S/C/G: 250/200.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Hey FinnSteven,

I wanted to say thank you for your tips on making the Kale Chips crispy. Thanks to your tips, I have a new favorite vegetable side! I especially love it with the "Big Mac in a Bowl" recipe, it's like having a burger and fries, except better because it's OP!

Thanks so much for sharing all these recipes with us. It really does make this plan much more fun!
FoolishHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:38 AM   #265  

Thanks. Sorry I have been inactive for the past few weeks... been crazy travelling for my day job and away from my kitchen. Will try to get some new posts up soon to help guide us through the holidays with new ideas (or at least pix of some of the great ideas already in some of the older threads).

Keep up the great work, everyone! (PDF version of most of the recipes hopefully coming before the new year!)
Old 12-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #266  

S/C/G: 186/180/140

Height: 5'7"

I'm so glad I found this thread, this is awesome! I also Liked the facebook page!
cassandrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 07:38 PM   #267  
INACTIVE

Thank you, FinnSteven!!! I made delicious crab cakes this evening using your recipe as a guide and feel fantastic! You are a real talent in the kitchen and have opened my eyes to all of the possibilities there are for delicious IP meals. Congrats on your weight loss so far, and I know you will have continued success!
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #268  
INACTIVE

So I tried the turnip fries last night, and they never got crispy after I boiled them. However, I thought they were delicious (I don't know if I've ever eaten one) and maybe they might make a good mashed potato dish?? I tried the mashed cauliflower, and it wasn't without it's charm, but these turnips were soooo good! I also made some kale chips for Sunday football, and they were a really nice treat! Thanks again for taking the time to test these recipes! Happy Holidays
SomedayBubblySomeday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:57 PM   #269  

Thanks guys. Glad the recipes are of use. RE: the turnips... After boiling, spray with olive oil and cook at a higher temperature closer to the over broiler if you want them crispy. But if you like them as they are... dont change a thing.

RE: the mashed cauliflower... do also try additional add ins. I love adding horseradish as specified, but have also enjoyed adding roasted bell peppers, about 10 jalepenos, broccolli, Rosemary/ Garlic or other add ins to hide the cauliflower taste and change up the flavors. I heart the mashed cauliflower.
Old 12-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #270  
Started IP 8.02.11

S/C/G: 317/TICKER/160

Height: 5' 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
Thanks guys. Glad the recipes are of use. RE: the turnips... After boiling, spray with olive oil and cook at a higher temperature closer to the over broiler if you want them crispy. But if you like them as they are... dont change a thing.

RE: the mashed cauliflower... do also try additional add ins. I love adding horseradish as specified, but have also enjoyed adding roasted bell peppers, about 10 jalepenos, broccolli, Rosemary/ Garlic or other add ins to hide the cauliflower taste and change up the flavors. I heart the mashed cauliflower.
Other than you being MIA. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
JellyMae87 is offline   Reply With Quote