3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein recipes & pix from Finland (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241522-ideal-protein-recipes-pix-finland.html)

Linden 11-03-2011 02:24 PM

A little more feedback:

The SUNDAY SALMON & MASHED "POTATO" BAKE" is heaven. I've made it twice, once for company. They've asked for it again.

Next time I will use one of your kale recipes. I got the bright idea of doing them in the microwave. Well, it dehydrates, yes? They came out crisp and paper thin and chewy. Chewy?

And I would swear that you had a recipe for roasted broccoli and prawns. Even bought then, but can't find any such animal. Am I making this up out of whole cloth????

Allura Beatu 11-03-2011 03:00 PM

Gastronomic Delights Using IP Packets

Kudos to you, Mr. FinnSteven! I can't thank you enough for your clever food ideas. You can probably start an IP rest there in Finland.:carrot:

FinnSteven 11-03-2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 4095180)
And I would swear that you had a recipe for roasted broccoli and prawns. Even bought then, but can't find any such animal. Am I making this up out of whole cloth????

Grilled Prawns and spicy bell pepper/cauliflower mash

FinnSteven 11-04-2011 09:47 AM

Mini Meatloaf

MINI MEATLOAVES:
Wondering what to fix for dinner this weekend? Try this!

This is a great family recipe that stores, re-heats and transfers well too. These are easy to make (using a cupcake pan) and the unexpectedly sweet & spicy Chili Sauce will win you over. You can make this without the shredded zucchini, but adding it in will help stretch your portions and get in your veggies.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphot...15628398_n.jpg

Ingredients
Meatloaf:

400g lean ground beef
2 TB Pizza Herb Mix (Basil, Oregano, Marjorum, Thyme)
1 TB (add more or less to taste) onion flakes (NOT french fried onion)
Sea Salt & Black Pepper
1 Beaten Egg (You can use just an egg white, but I use a whole egg)
1/2 package of Truvia, Splenda or other sweetener
1 cup (1.5 dl) or more shredded zucchini

Sauce:
1/2 cup Sugar-Free Ketchup (or 1/2 cup tomato sauce / or 2 large tomatoes, blended in a food processor)
1 package Truvia, Splenda, or other sweetener
2-4 tsp Pizza Herb mix
2 tsp (or more to taste) horseradish (I use from a tube)
1 tsp chili powder (optional)
2-5 drops tabasco (optional)
Sea Salt + Pepper to taste

Directions:
1. In a bowl, mix meat, herbs, egg and sweetener. (Note that since you are not using bread crumbs, the herb mix replaces the bread. So you can add more if you want.)
2. Dry the shredded zucchini with a paper towel to get out extra moisture
3. Mix with meat until well blended.
4. Scoop into Cupcake pan. (I spray with PAM non-stick spray, but you dont have to)
5. Mix sauce ingredients and spoon onto the meat. (You should have some left over.)
6. Bake at 210 C for 15 - 25 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and lift the meat out (I use two spoons) and put on a plate. There may be some liquid also in the cups from the zucchini moisture or the meat fat (Thats why we use lean meat!), but thats ok.
8. Spoon the leftover sauce on top of the meat and sprinkle with fresh basil, parsley, or cilantro if desired.
9. Serve with a large salad and/or cauliflower mash.

NOTE: When serving to members of the family NOT on IP:
1. When adding the meat to the cupcake pan, only spoon in halfway full.
2. Add a small dollop (about 1 tsp) of cream cheese to the center of each meat that the IP dieter is not eating.
3. Cover the cream cheese with the rest of the meat and cook as directed.

ALTERNATE TASTES:
Mexican Meatloaf:
In addition to the herbs, add in sugar-free taco seasoning.
Top with homemade sugar free salsa (recipe & pix will be added later)

Indian Meatloaf:
In addition to the herbs, add in Indian Spices such as Meat Garam Masala.
Add the indian spice also to the sauce. (I add a little of the milk allowance to this to make the sauce less dense and creamier for the Indian version)

sandyh50 11-05-2011 07:37 AM

bump to top for person looking for meatloaf recipe

Thanks Finn!

TchMnky 11-05-2011 08:56 AM

Thank you SO much! This is exactly what I was looking for. I just 'liked' your FB page.

Maile 11-05-2011 09:41 AM

This looks wonderful. How many cupacake meatloafs does it make?

Rumblesis 11-05-2011 10:36 AM

FinnSteven!!

THANK YOU -- THANK YOU -- THANK YOU!!

You are making my weight loss fun!!

Linden 11-06-2011 06:33 PM

Bump.

shelly ann 11-06-2011 06:55 PM

Something I tried awhile back to satisfy my sweet tooth was to take some WF peanut butter, a package of the crispy cereal, some cocoa powder (I used Cocoa Pure from my doctor), mixed them together and rolled them into chocolate peanut butter balls. Then I rolled them in some more cocoa because they were rather sticky. I was trying to find a way to use up the peanut butter because it's so so sweet. I would add a little vanilla if I made them again. Both my friend and I loved them. Right now, my doc has nixed using Walden Farm products. I might make them with real peanut butter the next time I need a fix.
Has anyone else tried something like this?

Finn - the mini meatloaves are a great idea for portion control. Thanks for all your wonderful recipes.

Linden 11-06-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4098576)
my doc has nixed using Walden Farm products.

WHY? He/she must have a reason. Could you share?

shelly ann 11-06-2011 07:35 PM

I think it was a couple of things. Their products are made with Splenda and I was having a problem with unrelenting migraines, and also my weight was just not moving. I generally only use Stevia to sweeten food/drinks. Can't say that it was totally the WF, or that I was just adjusting to the diet. And, I was also cheating (YIKES) with flour which also trigger migraines for me. Now I am staying totally OP, no WF, no added wheat, and feel amazing.

FinnSteven 11-07-2011 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelly ann (Post 4098576)
Something I tried awhile back to satisfy my sweet tooth was to take some WF peanut butter, a package of the crispy cereal, some cocoa powder (I used Cocoa Pure from my doctor), mixed them together and rolled them into chocolate peanut butter balls. Then I rolled them in some more cocoa because they were rather sticky. I might make them with real peanut butter the next time I need a fix.

Fun idea! Love how creative that is to turn the crispy cereal into a treat. Just be aware that the cocoa (even "pure") has carbs/fat. Also stay away from real peanut butter. Save it for a later Phase! (In addition to carbs and fat, using real peanut butter...even sugar free...will trigger cravings and encourage cheats. If you've had challenges with cheating, thats a big red flag. Its much easier to stay on program if even licking your fingers from off-program stuff is forbidden.)

An even more tasty way to enjoy the taste of a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup is to mix 1 bag of Chocolate Soy Puffs and 1 bag of Peanut Butter Soy Puffs. Put 1/2 of the mix in a sealable container and eat the remainder.

I would suggest the best way to use up the WF Peanut Butter is to make Thai Chicken. Add it to some sugar-free thai curry and mix with chicken. Serve over shredded and microwaved cauliflower "rice". (You can also add 1 TB Da Vinci/ Torani Coconut sugar-free syrup to the cauliflower for the coconut taste, but be aware that it make it a little sweet. I havent tried that yet, but think it would work.)

You could also add the WF Peanut Butter to the banana pudding for a pudding or a shake or muffins. But the taste of the banana is a bit fake, so I think combining those two might not be as successful as it sounds on paper. :-) Has anyone added the WF PB to chocolate puddings or shakes? How was it?

shelly ann 11-07-2011 02:54 AM

Lucky me - I can actually have some real peanut butter since I am vegetarian. Not a lot, but some. I haven't allowed it for myself yet because I am afraid that I would get carried away. I find the sweetness of the WF unbearable. I haven't tried the Peanut Butter Soy Puffs - that's a great idea to mix them. Getting tired of tofu 365 ways although I am going to try adding some of the silk tofu to make a smoothie and see how it works. If you have any creative ideas, they would be appreciated. I can have the Smart dogs, a vegetarian burger, or the tofu. I miss being able to add different legumes and grains to my diet. It's worth the sacrifice though. Thanks for your suggestions and great recipes.

janedocmom 11-07-2011 05:59 PM

You've Created a Cooking Monster

Quote:

Originally Posted by FinnSteven (Post 4095250)

Steven, you have done the impossible......you've turned me into a cook.....that is, for one meal at least! I made this delicious dish for my fiance and he was in gastronomical heaven. He also kept blabbering that I was an amazing cook. I am wondering if there were some hallucinogens in the prawns????? For someone who considers cooking a combat sport and who can only operate a microwave oven (on occasion), I could not believe how filling and fantastic this meal was. Best of all, I was able to do it. I did add roasted brussel spouts to the dish. My many thanks to you and your generosity of spirit and creativity. My only problem now is an encore........back to your facebook page I go!
:comp::chef:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: