Old 10-13-2011, 03:33 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 312/274/180

Height: 5'9"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
I had a big laugh over your boys cooking, they were having a great time, but who gets to clean up after?
Pat
Thanks. I posted this in one of the daily threads, but will repost here to let me kids do the cooking for you today. Unfortunately, this is cooking for the REST of the family...not the dieters! :-)

Since some of you are getting to know me through my recipes, I thought I might also share some of my other hobbies for any who might care...or who are bored at home or work and want to be entertained.

My boys are little chefs. Unfortunately, their recipes are NOT IP approved, but I thought y'all might get a kick out of these for your own families at the holidays, since they are easy to do.

How to Make Sticky Buns

How to Make Cake Pops

How to Make Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies...Avatar the Last Airbender Way

Little Toivo teaches how to make a Finnish Cake Roll

Indiana Jones Birthday...Make Crystal Skull Pinatas

I am also a professional songwriter in Finland (for example, for many finalists of Finland's version of American Idol, X-Factor as well as Eurovision). The music I write and perform myself is Contemporary Christian and can be found at the link below my signature with videos able to be found on youtube by typing in my artist name.

So thanks for letting me share a little bit more about myself as well as my food. Enjoy!
FinnSteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42 PM   #137  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Hey Finn, I haven't been in this thread for a bit but wow, I am so looking forward to making the STUFFED CHILI BELL PEPPERS (IP Chili). I've been too chicken to try the chili as I hated the spaghetti, I was watching a cooking show the other day and they had stuffed peppers so I figured there must be a IP way to make it and voila it's here, AWESOME, thank you.

The CHICKEN "PASTA" PRIMAVERA and the HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES look delicious too. Definitely making these. Thank you.

You look awesome in your pics too, great job!! Oh and your boys are adorable, love the videos.

Have a great OP day!
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:49 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 163/151/139

Height: 5'7"

Your boys are precious
BCGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:15 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Hey Finn, I haven't been in this thread for a bit but wow, I am so looking forward to making the STUFFED CHILI BELL PEPPERS (IP Chili). I've been too chicken to try the chili as I hated the spaghetti, I was watching a cooking show the other day and they had stuffed peppers so I figured there must be a IP way to make it and voila it's here, AWESOME, thank you.

The CHICKEN "PASTA" PRIMAVERA and the HOLIDAY HOT TODDIES look delicious too. Definitely making these. Thank you.

You look awesome in your pics too, great job!! Oh and your boys are adorable, love the videos.

Have a great OP day!
Thanks, Yvetteski & BCGirl

RE: the chili... I really liked it. And I really LOVED the Pakora's I made with the chili/IP Oatmel in an earlier post. There is another recipe I have not yet tried because my clinic ran out of IP Oatmel that is a pizza crust made with the chili and oatmeal. Sounded really interesting and after the Pakora success, I cant wait to try it.

Butter Rum is my fave of the new HOT TODDIES. Tastes like a butterrum life saver (made it with Bengal Spice Celestial Seasonings herbal tea as well as the rum extract.)

Glad y'all liked the kids videos. They are the joy of my life and one of the main reasons I am getting healthy again so I can live a long life to enjoy spending time with them.

Last edited by FinnSteven; 10-13-2011 at 03:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:06 AM   #140  

Default Pita Bread. Yes BREAD! (IP Orange Pancake)

STUFFED PITA BREAD (IP Orange Pancake / IP Crepe (?)):
Bread? Bread! Bread! Bread! Yes, there is a Santa Claus and he comes in the form of bread. This is a super easy recipe that I was surprised with how good it was.

I am also looking for someone to let me know if this works with the IP Crepe (or maybe even the Crunchy Cereal "pancakes"). The Orange Pancakes for the Pita turned out amazing (and I LOATHED them as pancakes).

These are pix I take myself, so what you see is actually what it looks like. Yum.

Ingredients:
Pita Pocket:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Orange Pancake (should also work with the crepe but I havent tried that yet)
1/8 - 1/4 tsp Pizza herbs (dried basil, oregano, etc)
100 ml water (about 4oz)
Pinch of sea salt

Filling:
Stuff with your choice of vegetables and dressing.
I use:
Shredded iceberg lettuce
Sprouts (this was mandatory for me. So good)
Chopped tomato (I used 4 cherry tomatoes cut into 4 pieces)
Sliced and grilled mushrooms
(Mix all ingredients together. I pour my dressing on the ingredients in a bowl and stir before stuffing the pita so that the dressing is evenly divded and I get more tastes with less dressing)

Dressing:
Use your choice of dressing from the Dressings list:

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 175C (350F).
2. Mix IP Orange Pancake, herbs, water and sea salt until you have a thick batter.
3. Spray a circular pie pan (I use glass) with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray. This is very important, since if the bread sticks to the bottom of the pan, it will tear and make it difficult to stuff the pita. (You can also use baking paper)
4. Spread batter into the full circle of the pan, being careful to NOT go to the edges.
5. Cook for about 20minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
6. Remove from the pan, and slice down the middle. You should then be able to take a knife or scissors and open up a pocket like pita bread.
7. Fill with your stuffing of veggies.
If you fail (you wont....but just in case) the bread makes an amazing tostada base...so just stack your salad ingredients on top, add dressing and eat that way. Just as delicious. If you look at the picture, I make one half stuffed pita and cut the other half into pieces to make litle open faced sandwiches with the lettuce.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:55 AM   #141  

Default Creamy Jell-o / Jelly Parfaits (IP Pudding + IP Raspberry Jelly)

CREAMY "JELL-O" PARFAITS: (IP Pudding + IP Raspberry Jelly):
My mom used to make Jell-o Parfaits which was a mix of Jell-o and Cool Whip Whipped Cream. They were fluffy fun and we loved to mix flavors like Peach & Raspberry, Chocolate Cherry, and even Watermelon. Here is an Ideal Protein twist on the classic to transform your Raspberry Jelly into a lighter dessert version.

Note that this makes 2 servings, but sets up nicely to save for the next day. I also have made this the night before and placed into two sealable containers to take 1 to work each day.

Pictured are Lemon + Raspberry (my favourite) and Chocolate + Raspberry.

You can use any IP pudding + the IP raspberry jelly. I have also made this with vanilla pudding + 1 package of sugar-free jell-o to get different flavor mixes, but have heard there is a difference between the IP Jelly gelatin and the Jell-o version (in the way its absorbed), so I cannot promise that using the Sugar-Free Jell-o is approved for IP Phase 1 (even though I have used it and not seen any problems.)

Ingredients:
1 Packet IP Raspberry Jelly
200 ml boiling water.(about 8oz)
2 ice cubes
and
1 Packet IP Pudding (I have used Vanilla, Lemon, and Chocolate which all turned out great. Butterscotch, Blueberry, Strawberry all would probably work well too.)
100-150 ml cold water (about 4-6 oz)

Directions:
1. Boil 200 ml (about 8oz) water.
2. Add IP Raspberry Jelly and stir until well mixed.
3. Take from heat and add ice cubes. (I try to cool to room temperature before the next step, but its not mandatory)
4. Add 1 packet IP Pudding to 100 - 150 ml cold water (less water will make a thicker final product, but you dont want it to look like cookie dough before adding to the raspberry mix. So make sure you have enough water that it will pour and mix like liquid.
5. When mixed and lumps are gone, add to the raspberry jelly. Blend very well (i use a hand mixer for best results.)
6. Place in two bowls or containers and let sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours. You may want to stir again after 1 hour to ensure that it doesnt separate ... but that shouldnt be needed and its still delicious when there is a "sunrise" effect of more solid jell-o on the bottom and fluffy on the top.

Note that I have seen a recipe to add the Peach Mango IP drink to a packet of IP Raspberry Jelly for a treat, but I have tried that twice and both times just got an oversweet liquid that never set up. The recipe above has always set up nicely for me to a solid fluffy parfait. You can use a little less water the first time to make it to ensure success, then play with the recipe as you go on to get the right balance. (I usually use a bit more water to make a bigger portion, but you need to be careful that there isnt so much that the jelly wont set.)

I have also made this with Herbal Teas instead of water to great success (Peppermint, Bengal Spice, and Orange or other Fruit Roobois have been best)
Old 10-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #142  

Default Chili Fries (IP Vegetable Chili)

CHILI FRIES (IP Vegetable Chili):

Down home goodness. Great when you not only crave french fries, but NAUGHTY french fries. Yes, this takes some preparation to cut the veggies, but is well worth the effort.

Ingredients
Turnips (cut into "french fry" strips. About 1.5 cups worth.
IP Vegetable Chili (Make according to directions on package. You can add more water if desired)
Various vegetables (I use chopped cauliflower, mushrooms, green bell peppers, celery, jalepeno) (about 1/2 cup total)
1/4 chopped raw onion
1-2 tsp olive oil
Sea Salt & Ground Black Pepper

Directions:
1. Cut the turnips into "french fry" sized strips.
2. Boil for 5 minutes in water with salt in it. (Should be cooked, but not overdone. You can skip this step, but I find that the fries are better this way with a crispy outside and a softer inside.) When done, drain and cool.
3. Place turnip fries in a sealable container and add 2 tsp olive oil, sea salt, black pepper and any other seasonings you want. Close container and shake lightly until coated. (Alternately, you can spray with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning on the baking sheet instead.)
4. On a baking sheet with baking paper, lay out the fries and cook at 200C until crispy, but not burned. (15-20 minutes average.)
5. While the fries are baking, cut up vegetables and fry all except the onion in the olive oil until cooked.
Take off heat.
6. Make IP chili according to directions on packet. (I used more water)
7. When done, add cooked vegetables and raw onions and stir for about 1 minute more before taking from heat.
8. When fries are down, put on a plate. Scoop the chili on top. Add tabasco, fresh herbs or additional sea salt/mrs. dash seasoning to taste.

Hork and Pork.

NOTE: In the photo, I added WWAAAAAAAYYYY too many vegetables, so it doesnt even look like chili. Trust me, if you dont go overboard, the chili looks as good as it tastes.

I also have added (Walden Farms) 1000 Island Dressing to this to emulate a cheese sauce which is a nice addition.

For the adventurous, you can add Indian Spices and hot chili powder while cooking your vegetables for a great fusion of tastes.

Or try Asian Spices and add chopped lemongrass and ginger for a Thai fusion.
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 AM   #143  

Default Meat-zza and the Dizzy Tostada

"MEAT-ZZA" AND THE DIZZY TOSTADA:

I was dying for a piece of pizza or Mexican food the other day and created this monstrosity to satisfy both cravings. Carnivores rejoice. This is the real "meat lovers pizza" because the crust is all meat.

Ingredients:
Lean ground beef (You determine the portion size. I make a big one, eat half and reheat the remainer for lunch the following day)
About 1-2 TB Herbs (For Meat-zza, I use Pizza seasoning (basil, oregano, marjorum) For Dizzy Tostada, I use my own mix of Taco Seasoning* (*recipe below) (most store-bought have sugar)
Jalepenos
Vegetable Topping: Eggplant (thinly sliced) and/or mushrooms, thinly sliced zucchini, etc
1 tsp olive oil
sea salt and ground black pepper
Tomato Sauce (I use either tomato paste+1 packet splenda or other sweetener+ herbs, salt + pepper or I blend 1 tomato, 1 red/yellow pepper, 1 packet splenda, herbs, and 1 tsp horseradish)
Lettuce
Chopped tomatoes.

Directions:
1. Mix seasoning (either Pizza herbs or Taco Seasoning) with meat. Add salt and pepper as desired. (Note: be sure to use LEAN meat or your pan will be swimming in grease)
2. Spread a baking sheet with baking paper. Put meat on paper and using a rolling pin, roll out to be a pizza crust size. Reform with your hands to make a circle.
3. To the side of your meat, lay thinly sliced eggplant. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with a little salt and generous pepper.
4. Add jalepenos (if using) to the top of your meat.
5. Bake at 200C for about 10-20 minutes depending on how well you like your meat cooked (i bake for 10.) If cooking longer, check the eggplant at 7-10 min and take eggplant out when cooked.
6. Take out of oven and sop up any grease with a paper towel.
7. Spread tomato sauce on top of the meat.
8. Lay the eggplant (or other vegetables)on top of the sauce.
9. Serve as is, or top with shredded lettuce and tomato with your favourite approved dressing. (see the "Salad Dressing" recipes link for ideas. Shown is (Walden Farms) 1000 Island.

Be sure to know how much meat you are eating and that you do not exceed your daily limit. But enjoy the power of MEAT-ZZA or the spicy goodness of the Dizzy Tostada!

Here's the recipe for the sugar-free Taco seasoning. You can actually add 1/2 to 1 packet of Slenda or other sweetener to this if you feel you miss the slight sweet and spicy tang. I dont think it needs it and save my sweetener use for the tomato sauce instead.

Homemade Taco Seasoning
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper

(Mix and store in airtight container)
Old 10-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #144  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Wow! It would be awesome if you put all these recipes into a book. (I'd buy it!) The photos really make me feel like I can eat great food while doing IP.

Keep up the good work on the recipes and weight loss!

My biggest challenge this evening is going to be what to eat for dinner!
Marionm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #145  
Started IP August 1, 2011

S/C/G: 218/158/160

I wish someone would make turnip fries for me. They look so good, but I have always hated turnips and I'm lazy.
Paint Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:43 AM   #146  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
CREAMY "JELL-O" PARFAITS: (IP Pudding + IP Raspberry Jelly):
My mom used to make Jell-o Parfaits which was a mix of Jell-o and Cool Whip Whipped Cream. They were fluffy fun and we loved to mix flavors like Peach & Raspberry, Chocolate Cherry, and even Watermelon. Here is an Ideal Protein twist on the classic to transform your Raspberry Jelly into a lighter dessert version.
Looks delicious!! Can't wait to make the lemon one.
Angelique06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #147  
IP Start Date Oct. 15/11

S/C/G: 270.3 / 189.8 / 160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnSteven View Post
CHILI FRIES (IP Vegetable Chili):

Down home goodness. Great when you not only crave french fries, but NAUGHTY french fries. Yes, this takes some preparation to cut the veggies, but is well worth the effort.
I can't wait to try this one, will wait until this weekend or maybe when my sister comes and visit from Saskatchewan (also on IP)
Angelique06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:05 AM   #148  
3 lbs at a time!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
I can't wait to try this one, will wait until this weekend or maybe when my sister comes and visit from Saskatchewan (also on IP)
I am so game for us to try these when I'm there!!! I'll bring my chili pack. Gotta find it as I put it away as I'm too chicken to try it after gagging on the spaghetti.

Last edited by YvetteSki; 10-19-2011 at 02:07 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:10 AM   #149  
3 lbs at a time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint Lady View Post
I wish someone would make turnip fries for me. They look so good, but I have always hated turnips and I'm lazy.

I know it's late but your post totally made me laugh. Almost woke up hubby, time to turn off phone. Oh wait I can't. It's my alarm clock too. Lol g'night.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:12 AM   #150  

RE: Jelly + Pudding recipe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelique06 View Post
Looks delicious!! Can't wait to make the lemon one.
I just made the Raspberry Jelly + Butterscotch Pudding for a Creamy Caramel Raspberry Parfait. Fun. I wasnt sure if the flavor combination would work, but it was tasty.

(But I have to pour it into two containers to be sure to separate into two distinct portions. Some of my friends just made one batch and only eat half at a time from the same container, but I find that too hard to not eat just one more bite.)