Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 06:22 PM   #46  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
My brother moved to DC last month and he said earthquakes are out of his element. He's used to tornados and even lived through a bad hurricane season in Florida one year and said the quake was the weirdest severe weather he's had. Glad everyone is ok.
I am SO not cool with earthquakes. I barely visit California and was freaked out the whole time we were in Seattle/Victoria last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Glad you are all safe. I am still waiting to get my sister's feedback. She was just 30 miles from the epicenter, down near Richmond way.
We are thinking of her and everyone down that way. I have friends of friends down by Lake Anna. It was much worse down there. The nuclear plant is apparently shut down and no discussion of any problems with it. Fingers crossed for everyone!!
Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Awesome day at work today. I wore one of my new dresses, and tons of people stopped to tell me how amazing, fantastic, beautiful, etc. I looked! I seriously have never gotten that many compliments on my appearance in one day before! I feel 10 lbs. lighter in spirit!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:22 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollFaceBella View Post
I have been doing IP since the end of May and have done quite well, not to my goal yet but I will get there. Just wondering if there are any other Canadian ladies (perhaps a Americans have felt it too, i dont know) that have felt the drive to carb load in late fall. I call it my hibernation mode and have blamed it on the impending winter. I haven't felt the urge yet but i know its coming and I don't want it to take over and ruin my progress. Any thoughts??

I have never noticed any difference in carb cravings at different times in the year. I craved them all the time. I hope the coming winter will not be as rough as last year. That was enough to drive anyone to carbs (and drink).
I like soups and chili's when the weather gets cooler.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #49  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pselias View Post
Awesome day at work today. I wore one of my new dresses, and tons of people stopped to tell me how amazing, fantastic, beautiful, etc. I looked! I seriously have never gotten that many compliments on my appearance in one day before! I feel 10 lbs. lighter in spirit!
I bet that feels great.

I'm sorry if you are tired of this saga but I HAVE to tell you what happened with the coworker today so you can see how much of a gem she is. At lunch she ate a huge french dip, a bag of sun chips, and a rice krispie bar with chocolate frosting. When she sat down she said, "See, I just need more food than you're llowed on your diet." She took awhile to get back and my hubby said he thought she was ashamed to eat in front of me. I said that was nuts because I couldn't care less what SHE eats. I tried talking her out of the diet numerous times because I know how she eats already, it's nothing new. It's not my body, I don't care! Anyway, at last break she said to me, with my husband and 3 other coworkers sitting there, "so, I've thought about this diet all afternoon and if you can do it there's no reason I can't. I'm giving it another shot." I said, "Do what you must but I don't think it's right for you. You didn't even last 5 days and there are other diets out there where you can be more flexible." We will see what happens. I don't known what to think right now...besides the obvious....it's pi$$ing her off that I look better than her. And I mean that in the nicest way.

So happy for those with good weigh ins. I hope to have a good one in a few days. Does it seem like the daily thread is slowing? People have lives other than this huh...except me!

Doing fried eggs again tonight. I've been craving them ever since last week when I had them. Having steamed broccoli as I type and will make the eggs when I'm done. I only do half a bar a day because Atkins are a little higher in everything and I caved and had my half at 4 when I got home because the water wasn't filling me. I think that should be ok for a day.

My kids start school tomorrow. My baby is going to kindergarten! Say goodbye to the daycare bills! OK, done with my endless ramble.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:38 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7'

I think your true friends will support you during weight loss. ItsAboutTime's co-worker is just immature, in denial and jealous. People can get really wierd about other people's success.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stolaf View Post
I think your true friends will support you during weight loss. ItsAboutTime's co-worker is just immature, in denial and jealous. People can get really wierd about other people's success.
Yep. I let it roll off my back now but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. She truely is something else and I try to give her the benefit of the doubt but holy catfish.
Old 08-23-2011, 07:56 PM   #52  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Yep. I let it roll off my back now but I thought you guys would get a kick out of it. She truely is something else and I try to give her the benefit of the doubt but holy catfish.
I went see my best friend at work today and she said how much have you lost now? I said 65lbs she said awesome but will you ever be able to eat? I told her I eat now she said well I mean real food, I said I do eat real food. She doesn't like the fact that I am nearing her size. She was always jealous of me but now even more than now. Its crazy how insecurities come between those who you think are you best friend. Time to start looking for a new best friend I suppose....haha
Old 08-23-2011, 08:06 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I went see my best friend at work today and she said how much have you lost now? I said 65lbs she said awesome but will you ever be able to eat? I told her I eat now she said well I mean real food, I said I do eat real food. She doesn't like the fact that I am nearing her size. She was always jealous of me but now even more than now. Its crazy how insecurities come between those who you think are you best friend. Time to start looking for a new best friend I suppose....haha
I'm lucky that she's just a coworker and not what I'd call a good friend. I sit with her at all the breaks and visit with her everyday but I don't call her at home or go out with her or anything. Infact, my best friend lives in Hawaii and she keeps sending me messages on facebook about how great I look and stuff so I guess I'm lucky there. She likes to tell me it's time to stop or I look good just like this and I wonder if it isn't a little bit of insecurities but I think she's just trying to make me feel good in her own way.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:59 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggies86tbc View Post
This is my second round for IP. I lost 50 lbs on my first round and felt wonderful. I have gained maybe 2 lbs back in a year so I feel great about that since I know my eating habits and my stress level. I step on the scale daily and depending on that number determines what my game plan is. I changed my goal from 135 to 125 just something I want to do for myself. Im going to try this on my own and with the help of the boards. I don't have time for the weekly weigh in, also by watching these boards ya'll have some wonderful ideas and motivation. My coach was o.k. if questions were out of the parameters I just got ignored. I'm wanting to start to train for a 1/2 marathon I know it's going to be a slow process, I'm not a spring chicken anymore. One thing I found out on the first round with many hiccups is you have to do this for yourself. If not your not going to make it through the rough times, and for me there was plenty of them. Thanks for keeping me motivated
That is awesome that you have done so well at maintaining your weight! I was not so successful! To what do you attribute your success?
Old 08-23-2011, 09:44 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I'm lucky that she's just a coworker and not what I'd call a good friend. I sit with her at all the breaks and visit with her everyday but I don't call her at home or go out with her or anything. Infact, my best friend lives in Hawaii and she keeps sending me messages on facebook about how great I look and stuff so I guess I'm lucky there. She likes to tell me it's time to stop or I look good just like this and I wonder if it isn't a little bit of insecurities but I think she's just trying to make me feel good in her own way.
Whatever you do, don't tell toxic co-worker about 3fatchicks, she's not wanted here. haha.

You are an inspiration to her and she will never admit it!
Sounds like you need to head to Hawaii after you meet your goal and celebrate!!

Enjoy Kindergarten drop-off tomorrow! How exciting!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:03 PM   #56  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

I had a surprise this morning. I was trudging along on the cross trainer at the Y gym, and a strange woman came up to me. " I saw you and did not recognise you. You look like a totally new person. You are so thin and look wonderful." This was nice from someone I do not know..but obviously she has been watching me in the gym!
Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
Old 08-23-2011, 10:07 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Glad you are all safe. I am still waiting to get my sister's feedback. She was just 30 miles from the epicenter, down near Richmond way.

Perfectly fine to split the proteins.

Amazing! I can't believe it was so obvious that far North. Reminds me of living in Southern California and feeling the big San Francisco "Loma Prieta" quake of 1989. It created cracks in the walls of my office and I was about 600 miles away!
Yep I am 500+ away. Amazing!
Closed Thread