Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #46  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAboutTime View Post
Hey, I'm back to the charlie horses again. I upped the potassium to 2 last time and it helped until a few days ago. I was up a few times last night with them in both calves so bad. What do you do if you get them?
For quick relief, mix a Tbls of apple cider vinegar in 8-12 oz of water and drink it down. It works for me.

Good luck!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #47  
OP 6/5/11

S/C/G: 252/197/195

Height: 6'3"

We are back home from Virginia where we helped our kids get settled in (or closer to settled in). I did not stay strictly OP but was close for all sorts of reasons. The good news is that at WI this morning I lost a bit of weight and a lot of fat% in the process. It must have been the hundreds of trips up and down the stairs as I was refitting shelves in closets and installing window a/c units, etc. My tail was dragging by the end of each day but we made great progress. It was sure hard to leave the grandkids but I keep telling myself they are only a plane ride away.

On another note: I can testify that the 2 Tbls of salt and liter of water does the trick with the big C; I'll spare you the details.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong!
Old 08-19-2011, 04:53 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkib View Post
Thats so sweet that you are making such a effort to keep your dog from being scared. My old girl hated storms so I would let her sleep with my husband and move to the couch or sleep on the floor with her so I could rub her ears till she fell asleep.

You need to try the aqua classes! I miss going to mine so much. We quit our gym because it was 20 miles away and gas is too crazy
So sweet, my friend bought her dog a thunder jacket for the thunder here in florida. it has helped him tremendously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murleya1 View Post
Ohh the weekend. I am excited for a couple of days rest. I had work all week and class on tuesday and thursday night. This weekend is open! I think tonight some friends might come over for a card/game night. I look forward to a long walk on saturday due to the great weather! All have a great weekend.
so jealous. it's HOT, MUGGY AND RAINY here in FL.
Old 08-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #49  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

Well I am back at school after 3 months. Everyone is coming up to me and commenting on my weight loss ..and then telling me their diet woes over the summer. I was worried about the attention, but made it through and think it will go away.
One of the teachers who did IP last year has returned and has kept her weight off. It is very very nice to see someone who has maintained.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:46 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

Sorry for this, but I need to vent a little. Last night, my boyfriend's company was entertaining clients at a hot new club. My BF really wanted me to go, even though I knew I would be the only sober person in the place. I went because my BF begged me, and it was horrible! We first stopped at a pub, where everyone was eating nachos, potato skins, and every other type of fried appetizer you can think of. Everyone kept trying to force me to eat some, and I had to say no so many times. They also kept trying to get me to drink! I kept saying no, and two people actually bought me a drink, even though I said no. My BF had to drink them.

Then we went to the club, where we had bottle service and the alcohol was flowing like water. EVERYONE was trying to force me to drink, even though I had explained that I was on a strict diet and did not want to blow the past 5 weeks of hard work. Again, people would poor me drinks and hand them to me. I finally got so annoyed with everyone trying to pressure me and not respect my decision, that I had to leave.

What is everyone's obsession with drinking alcohol? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a glass of pinot grigio, but why do they feel the need to force it on other people. It was a really difficult night to get through, but I can proudly say that I was 100% OP. Needless to say, I will not put myself in that situation again until after I'm in maintenance.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:57 PM   #51  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Thanks.....my drive comes from within but it would never have surfaced the way it has without the support of all the people on this board! Thank you!

Actually, Calcium, magnesium, potassium and sodium deficiencies can all cause leg cramps. I had a few issues early on and upped my potassium but I also use CALM with Calcium several times per week....in addition to my regular supplementation. Yes, it can seem like a lot. You'd freak if you saw my cabinet! It's tough getting older.......
I was going to ask if anyone had taken the CALM before I was told about it yesterday and will buy some friday when I get paid next week. I am also going to start taking Omega Joint Xtra instead of the Osteo Bi-flex, I am taking now. Maybe the Omega will help with EVERYTHING, doesn't hurt to try but today has been a pain for me with my hip/lower back, its been a crazy day of staying in bed trying to get comfortable...grrrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennylauren19 View Post
Sorry for this, but I need to vent a little. Last night, my boyfriend's company was entertaining clients at a hot new club. My BF really wanted me to go, even though I knew I would be the only sober person in the place. I went because my BF begged me, and it was horrible! We first stopped at a pub, where everyone was eating nachos, potato skins, and every other type of fried appetizer you can think of. Everyone kept trying to force me to eat some, and I had to say no so many times. They also kept trying to get me to drink! I kept saying no, and two people actually bought me a drink, even though I said no. My BF had to drink them.

Then we went to the club, where we had bottle service and the alcohol was flowing like water. EVERYONE was trying to force me to drink, even though I had explained that I was on a strict diet and did not want to blow the past 5 weeks of hard work. Again, people would poor me drinks and hand them to me. I finally got so annoyed with everyone trying to pressure me and not respect my decision, that I had to leave.

What is everyone's obsession with drinking alcohol? Don't get me wrong, I LOVE me a glass of pinot grigio, but why do they feel the need to force it on other people. It was a really difficult night to get through, but I can proudly say that I was 100% OP. Needless to say, I will not put myself in that situation again until after I'm in maintenance.
I have been in that same exact situation, then finally when I had enough I told them that I just found out I was a diabetic and could no longer drink. That made them shut up quick! I have gone to several since and used the same thing and they stopped offering.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 PM   #52  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Great job!! I would have left too.

I have a company party coming up next weekend and I know that it is going to be the same environment, unlimited food and alcohol. I'm debating whether to go or not, it's tough to say no as the company is flying me in for our monthly managers meeting which just happens to fall on that weekend. (I'm working on reasons not to go, or why I didn't show up...lol)
Old 08-19-2011, 09:53 PM   #53  
ND girl

Quote:

Don't be sorry for venting, that is why we are all here to lean on each other thru the good and bad.
You can use my standard for not drinking......new meds from the doctor. Most people leave it alone.
I'm with you on the alcohol obsession, don't know if they feel guilty because they are drinking and your not. It's the same way some people are with food.
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 PM   #54  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

I am with you on the obsession with drinking. People will not take no for an answer. I tell them that I cannot have sugar for health reason..also fill a wine glass with water..sometimes that makes people leave you alone.
I am sorry you had to go through that, but excellent job of standing up for yourself and leaving. Also when people consume they get more demanding.
I am heading to a pre-function Sunday night at the home of a wine maker. I will be the only one not drinking. Then we are going to a restaurant that
will provide a special paella spanish seafood rice dish for our party.
It is going to be a long night.
Like you, I wish people would respect your no!
Old 08-19-2011, 10:24 PM   #55  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Does anyone have issues with having to go to the bathroom multiple times during night?
Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #56  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
Does anyone have issues with having to go to the bathroom multiple times during night?
oh yea!!....just think of it the way I do...each time you have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night that is WEIGHT being LOSS!! So I will go hundred times......lol....as long as I am losing weight
Old 08-20-2011, 02:12 AM   #57  
Started IP 7-14-11

S/C/G: 280/197.2/160

Height: 5'8"

When I found out my husband needed emergency surgery this afternoon, all I wanted to do was eat to relieve the stress (old habit) But, I didn't. I ate two bars spaced out and a packet. Better than grabbing a snickers in the vending machine. I still managed to weigh in today and I lost 5.6 pounds. Woohoo. We are all home and he is doing well. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:39 AM   #58  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
I have been in that same exact situation, then finally when I had enough I told them that I just found out I was a diabetic and could no longer drink. That made them shut up quick! I have gone to several since and used the same thing and they stopped offering.
My Sunday School ladies do a monthly ladies night out. Of course it involves getting together to eat, chitchat and usually a few will have a drink. I can't imagine anyone forcing a drink on me, but right now I don't know that I would feel comfortable going since I'm just finishing W1, the LNO is going to be during W2, and is at a Mexican restaurant (I live in Texas...so usually a margarita, chips, salsa, .... and no "healthy" salads on the menu). Maybe after I've been on the diet longer, AND depending on where they go, I can join for water and a salad (and bring a bar).

HOWEVER, if I was in the situation you were in (people buying drinks for me, not wanting to accept that you didn't want them--regardless of your diet choice) that is rather....brave isn't quite the word but you can follow my thoughts! Some people aren't very considerate of others desires.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:43 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Off to Farmers Market to get all the good veggies!

When people push the alcohol, I just say I am the DD. No one ever says a word after that.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 AM   #60  
Joined IP 8/2011

S/C/G: 166/145.4/120

Height: 5'0''

Today is day 5! I was measured again on day 3 and weighed (the visit was more of a "lets make sure you didn't fall apart), and supposedly 2 lbs are off!

Today is prep and cook day so I don't have to keep doing it each day--cut up veggies, fix proteins, fix puddings, whatever I can do within reason in advance. I also need to go to the grocery.....but school starts here on Tues so I need to do what I can to make this week go smooth!

I got 3 more boxes of food at my checkin last Thurs. Finally got some bars.

Soups work great for me to get rid of veggies (I confess, I don't like a lot of veggies, so I do soups and then a salad for most lunches--although I'm trying some of the recipes). Different puddings and plan to fix a bunch of those for the fridge to make "parfaits".

I am NOT bonding with the drinks. I esp need to find something else for breakfast when I go back in on Thurs--I need something substantial like the omlet--the yogurt drink just doesn't seem to last till lunch, and eating lettuce in the AM doesn't work. I know I can start eating a bar once a day (I can starting Monday) so that will help, but I may need to do that at lunch to speed that meal. Thoughts on what else will be good for breakfast? The crepes or pancakes are available now?

I did the pina colada last night for snack (blended it then put it in the freezer for an hour)--still don't know why it is supposed to be wonderful. Other drinks? Other drinks that would work for breakfast?

So far, I actually like the puddings and use extracts as needed to jazz them up. But I'm just now moving into the restricted foods, and also have hardly tried out any drinks so thoughts are appreciated. I will search through the FAQ as well.

Thanks as always--carrie
Closed Thread