Old 08-15-2011, 11:18 AM   #1  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Default So proud of myself.. but sick of dh

I started IP on Friday, and have done great. I stuck through the headache all weekend, didn't give in to the temptation of grabbing a huge soda to get rid of the headache.

Saturday my husband invited friends over (knowing I was starting a diet on Friday)

Yesterday our son had a Reunion for his Student Ambassador group that I organized (or dad would have taken him by himself!), which consisted of food, food and more food. None of which I could eat.
I did great, I drank water and my to go IP shake. Someone brought a veggie tray and I had 2 pieces of celery (I am not a fan of celery!) - I was so proud of myself!!

We would have gotten home after 8:30pm, and I didn't think that through real well, so we stopped at Garfield's to eat. I had 4oz steak and 1 shrimp skewer + broccoli.

My husband ordered a salad with ranch (normal for us to do, we are both big salad eaters - if they are smothered in everything) and then offered me some. I said no, couldn't have it, but thanks. Few minutes went by and he put some on his fork and tried to feed it to me.

I am so proud of myself, the accomplishment of making it through yesterday with no cheats is a huge success for me... a big personal victory. But I feel like I will never win because my husband is trying to sabotage it... and I don't understand why, really, you would think he would want me to be healthy.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 11:24 AM   #2  
Forty IS Fabulous!!

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

It will take him some time to adjust to your new eating habits. My husband just offered me some mac n cheese at a party lol
Mariposa24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #3  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

My hubby is the same way. Probably because I have always just gained my weight back after other programs I've done.

I told him that this time I want to stick to this program until I reach goal and he better not offer me foods I'm not allowed to eat. In the past, he'd push and push to go out for dinner for one night thinking that one night wouldn't sabotage me and that I should be able to just get back on track.

I explained to him that with this diet I need to be in ketosis to lose weight and if I even have one cheat it sets me back an entire week which is frustrating and not worth it. He hasn't offered a single item off plan for this diet yet, which is huge.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

This is the ONLY good thing that comes out of my hubby being deployed... he is a major sabotager!!... He used to bring me home special treats from work, take me out to dinner.. or even make me homemade spaghetti with garlic bread (YUMM) etc etc. Or he would want to order something.. but if I didn't want anything from the restaurant.. he didn't get anything. SO I felt bad

I Am hoping once I reach goal that he will see how happy I Am and stop with the bad treats! Then again I'm over being tempted... I've been visiting my Mom who seems to try to sabotage me every time I turn around. I just make my own dinner and not even give hers a second glance. Pizza..Pasta, cake, fried dough for desert... PLEASSEEEE. Its the first time since high school I can fit into a size 10 dress!!... Nothing will ever taste as good as I felt when the zipper easily went up.

Last edited by Jonsgurl0531; 08-15-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Jonsgurl0531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

once I had big fight with him about that. Now, he respects my decision and sees to it there is some protein diet always at home. Asks me whether we have enf chiken and fish for a week etc. He is skinny.But he is happy as i started looking little better and started fitting in size 12 pants.
puneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:36 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 228/219.7/177

Height: 5 feet 7 iinches

My husband is wonderful. It's my friends that I have to worry about. They are always calling me a Debbie Downer and they don't understand that just one drink could set me back. Stay strong and hopefully once he sees all the weight coming off he will leave you alone.
Christine07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:42 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 129/129/113

Height: 5'2"

My boyfriend did the same thing in the beginning. I think it was more out of habit. We both really enjoy food and it was hard for him to realize that I couldn't eat the same foods as him. He started to learn around the 3 week mark. But last night he had a craving for Ice Cream, so he ran to the corner store and bought Hageen Daaz Pralines and Cream. . . I could have killed him as he was sitting in front of me eating it!
jennylauren19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #8  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

My family still have items I'm not allowed to have. This weekend I made them wings and home made fries (Friday), nachos for dinner on Saturday. Some days I'm able to handle making them what they want. But some days I'm not, they know this and respect that some days I'm stronger than others and are starting to be ok with me not willing to make certain things on certain days. As I had the big mac in a bowl I was ok and felt like I was cheating but really wasn't.

I want this weight to be gone SO bad, I'm not willing to sabotage myself for something I know I'm just going to regret in the end anyway.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:42 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

My husband consumes a lot of carbs -- more than I ever did even pre-IP. I sat down with him before I started and told him what I needed from him. I think it took him a little bit to totally get that this is a sort of all or nothing program, so now he asks if I can have certain things or whether certain things are allowed.

I don't think I'd be able to keep my sense of humor if my husband actually tried to feed me something I told him I couldn't have.

Stay strong.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM   #10  

Even though he knows you're on a diet, you need to explain things to him in a very blunt manner (if you haven't already) if you want him to understand. Tell him something along the lines of, "Because of my diet, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to get me to eat anything extra." Most men don't have common sense and need to have things explained to them. lol
Kaliii88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM   #11  
Porthardygurl

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/180

Height: 6ft

My hunny is like that..i told him i needed to stay on plan and he fed me hot chocolate on the second day..
Porthardygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:13 PM   #12  
Melting Mama

S/C/G: 336/274.5/175

Height: 5'6"

Thanks everyone. I think we are going to sit down and have a serious talk tonight when the kids go to bed.
JodiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

My husband is so used to me eating different than him that it is a non-issue. We have been eating different meals for 10+ years. Although now, the whole house is on a diet (even the cat!) so it is a little bit easier because there isn't any junk or temptations around.

I'll share a quick story. A very long time ago, before we were even married or engaged, I was on a diet (who knows which one???) and I was eating peanut butter (on a spoon, right out of the jar ) and he said something along the lines of "should you be eating that?" and I pretty much went bat sh!t crazy and in no uncertain terms told him that what I eat or don't eat isn't his concern and that I didn't need to be patroled by the food police in our home. I don't make comments about what you should or shouldn't eat, so don't make comments about what I should or shouldn't eat. We haven't had an issue since

Put your foot down and tell him it is your body and you will nourish how you see fit. What you eat or choose not to eat is not for him to comment on or try to change. Just keep saying no and that you don't want any.
jennydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 10:01 PM   #14  

S/C/G: IP160/131/130

Height: 5'3"

For some reason some husbands, boyfriends, friends and significant others can play the sabotage card. The suggestion of saying "I don't want that" from Brown seems to somehow drive the point home more. Stay strong! You got through the first few days and when you weigh in and see how well you've done . . . you'll be even stronger!

The ladies I eat lunch with at work always comment on what I eat -- but, they have always done that and they always will. So . . . the comments and sabotagers are everywhere!

I hope your talk with your husband goes well -- and you know . . . we are always here to support you!
Lone Loser is offline   Reply With Quote