Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Default I'm back again

Last year I started IP in June and was down 70lbs by the middle of October. Had some things change in my life and could no longer avoid the cost of the IP packets. Decided to try alternative products and do o.k. for a little while then the holidays came around and I blew it. I did not phase out of the program correctly and have gained about 30lbs back since then. Now I'm back to feeling sluggish and tired all the time again.

I have decided to recommit myself to the program because it works great and I want to feel great again. I am using alternate products this time from the beginning bc its whats works in my budget. I am very upset with myself because I was doing so well and just completely blew it.

So now I'm back and commited to getting to my 200 lb goal. I wish I had not gone backwards but just have to remind myself that at least I'm not starting where I was prior to IP. Its a great program and really works if you stick to it. I hope everyone has been doing well and kept up their progress.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:47 AM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

Good luck!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome back!
M0vingon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 09:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Thats great that you are going to try again. I am also a second round alternative product IPer. Good luck!!
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:21 AM   #5  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back and good luck! Reading your post is really convincing me to make sure that I do all the phases of the program. In any other program I've done I've gotten to my goal and then brushed off the maintenance part of the program, then end up back where I started. Now being older and reading the different posts I see that this is pretty much the most important part of the program.

Again welcome back and good luck.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:24 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis88 View Post
Last year I started IP in June and was down 70lbs by the middle of October. Had some things change in my life and could no longer avoid the cost of the IP packets. Decided to try alternative products and do o.k. for a little while then the holidays came around and I blew it. I did not phase out of the program correctly and have gained about 30lbs back since then. Now I'm back to feeling sluggish and tired all the time again.

I have decided to recommit myself to the program because it works great and I want to feel great again. I am using alternate products this time from the beginning bc its whats works in my budget. I am very upset with myself because I was doing so well and just completely blew it.

So now I'm back and commited to getting to my 200 lb goal. I wish I had not gone backwards but just have to remind myself that at least I'm not starting where I was prior to IP. Its a great program and really works if you stick to it. I hope everyone has been doing well and kept up their progress.
Hi and Welcome back! Let us know when you find good alternatives, I will be switching over because of costs and I like when people post what they have found that is good!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 10:49 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteSki View Post
Welcome back and good luck! Reading your post is really convincing me to make sure that I do all the phases of the program. In any other program I've done I've gotten to my goal and then brushed off the maintenance part of the program, then end up back where I started. Now being older and reading the different posts I see that this is pretty much the most important part of the program.

Again welcome back and good luck.
I think had I phased off properly and maintained healthy eating habits I would have been right about were I had stopped rather than gaining it back. Its easier said than done but after a life or making bad habits it takes a bit to break them but I'm going to do this until completion and phase out correctly this time and maintain a smaller learner more healthy me.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:55 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Hi and Welcome back! Let us know when you find good alternatives, I will be switching over because of costs and I like when people post what they have found that is good!
I like the AMP whey protien for GNC. You've gotta be careful to read the serviing size. The package lists 3 scoops. I reduced that to 1 and got everything to a reasonable level. I also like the EAS powder I buy it in bulk at Sams Club. I have ordered RTD shakes through New Lifestyles and really like them a lot. They have great prices and sometimes you can get shipping free. I also like the Pure Protien bars. Similar to the IP bars and readily available at walmart or sam's.

Then I just stick with my veggies, salads, and walden farms dressing.

I would like to find a non-flavored protien powder to mix with beef or chicken bouillon to make my own soups out of. Thats what I miss for the IP variety of packets.
Old 08-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #9  
IP since Jan 23,2012

S/C/G: 252.8/ticker/165

Height: 5,2

Congrats on deciding to come bak and finish what you started! We are all in the same boat..it's a struggle but that's why we support each other...to make it through.
Girlwithaplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #10  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi J!

Nice to see you again! I wondered if you were still around the boards anywhere.

Good luck and you aren't alone. There are a few of us who let our old habits creep in to one degree or another and need to get back to where we were.

Welcome back!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:50 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Hi J!

Nice to see you again! I wondered if you were still around the boards anywhere.

Good luck and you aren't alone. There are a few of us who let our old habits creep in to one degree or another and need to get back to where we were.

Welcome back!
I would log in and see how everyone was doing periodically but was kind of ashamed of how I was doing so I didn't post.

But now that I've decided to do it again and really stick to it I thought I should post and say hello to everyone.

Thanks for the welcome back