Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 07:58 AM   #1  

Height: 5' 5"

Default IP Dailly Chat- Weds, Aug 10

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Progress photos:
have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Bookmarking:

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
AND
posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.

When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Searching:

If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl",
type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in google search. No need to inlucde the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Quoting:

The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links:

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book (PDF file): The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 08-10-2011, 08:10 AM   #2  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Mornin' all!! Well, I just have to say....it's my 47th Birthday today, and I was hoping that I would be at goal by now..... sigh. It has been an amazing almost 6 months being on IP. I don't think that back in February I was expecting to be 168 pounds on August 10th...THAT'S for sure!!
So, even tho I'm sad that I'm not at goal yet, I am THRILLED that the year I turned 47 I turned over a new leaf and am HEALTHY!!!! I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for years and years..... my eyes have not seen 168 on the scale since 1990! Wow!! That's mind boggling!! And so, I have to say, the best present I will get today....is my HEALTH!!! Thanks to IP....and all the super duper support on these boards!!!

Have a great IP day today everyone!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #3  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Thanks MOVINGON for starting the daily thread.

I have tomorrow off and am going to get a physical. I have to fast and my appt is 9:45am, so that shoudl be interesting. I still plan to take all my supplements, and I think I will request that they draw blood first so that I can eat something while I'm sitting there. I also plan to stay up late and have an RTD or something right at midnight, since they say no "eating" after midnight. I can't wait to get the blood test results back and compare them to when I started IP. I asked for the blood test paperwork at the beginning of the diet, and I have them sitting on my desk. They weren't terrible, but it'll be fascinating to see how much they have changed.

I decided to make a mini me-day around the physical. I also need a mani/pedi, and maybe an afternoon nap. Yes, now I'm really dreaming. Here's to a great day everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
Mornin' all!! Well, I just have to say....it's my 47th Birthday today, and I was hoping that I would be at goal by now..... sigh. It has been an amazing almost 6 months being on IP. I don't think that back in February I was expecting to be 168 pounds on August 10th...THAT'S for sure!!
So, even tho I'm sad that I'm not at goal yet, I am THRILLED that the year I turned 47 I turned over a new leaf and am HEALTHY!!!! I have been fighting the battle of the bulge for years and years..... my eyes have not seen 168 on the scale since 1990! Wow!! That's mind boggling!! And so, I have to say, the best present I will get today....is my HEALTH!!! Thanks to IP....and all the super duper support on these boards!!!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a great day and that you celebrate in a wonderful non-food-centric kind of way. Isn't it great to feel in control of food and be happy with the way you look?? I agree that being healthy is the best gift of all.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  

Good morning Ipers! We got back from our holidays last night and I hope everyone is doing well!

We had a good trip, but I made some serious bad assumptions about how things would go IP-wise while on vacation. I thought I had packed enough packets & shakes to last the trip- not even close! I often ended up having 4 packets in a day because I couldn't find anything to eat at the restaurants we were at. I assumed there would be eggs at the continental breakfast at our hotel- wrong. I assumed I could find some good shakes when we got to the Mall of America- again, wrong. I did find some protein snacks, but they were higher carb and therefore restricted, so I used them sparingly.

All in all, IP wise it was a bust- I didn't get enough water, I rarely remembered to take my supplements, and I never got enough veggies in a day. I did eat a lot of chicken and salad and I didn't go way off plan and eat something bad for me. It was a challenge! Add to that my mother who spent a lot of time bemoaning how I hardly eat anything and... yeah it was a challenge!

So, today is Wi and I'm up .6 lbs. Well, ok it could have been way worse. I lost a week of good eating, but I'll bounce back.

Some of the good stuff- I traveled without worrying about blood sugar crashes. I shopped in all of the stores that I couldn't have shopped in 4 months ago. I bought a cute Calvin Klein dress for the wedding that I'm going to. Clothes shopping was just so much more fun at this size. Most of what I bought will fit until winter hits and my work wardrobe is much improved!

So it's off to work today. Only working 2 days this week, thank heaven! I am very happy for structure once again.

Have a great day!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/165/135 (IP 165/151.5/135)

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Congrats on your success! It's got to feel fanstastic to be within three pounds! I am ready to be there myself .

Today is going to be a challenge for me. My entire family has been sick with a stomach bug except me. Today, I feel horible. I'm going to stick with cereal for breakfast and soup at lunch. If I can keep that down, then I will attempt my veggies. I don't even feel like drinking water!!! I can feel my stomach just turning over. Luckily, it has only lasted a day. I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #6  

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks MOVINGON for starting the daily thread.

I have tomorrow off and am going to get a physical. I have to fast and my appt is 9:45am, so that shoudl be interesting. I still plan to take all my supplements, and I think I will request that they draw blood first so that I can eat something while I'm sitting there. I also plan to stay up late and have an RTD or something right at midnight, since they say no "eating" after midnight. I can't wait to get the blood test results back and compare them to when I started IP. I asked for the blood test paperwork at the beginning of the diet, and I have them sitting on my desk. They weren't terrible, but it'll be fascinating to see how much they have changed.

I decided to make a mini me-day around the physical. I also need a mani/pedi, and maybe an afternoon nap. Yes, now I'm really dreaming. Here's to a great day everyone!

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!

I hope you have a great day and that you celebrate in a wonderful non-food-centric kind of way. Isn't it great to feel in control of food and be happy with the way you look?? I agree that being healthy is the best gift of all.
Good luck with your physical! You deserve some pampering! Enjoy!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #7  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Happy Birthday Disgal I hope you have a wonderful day

Cadenevi I hope don't get the bug as bad as everyone in your family. Get some rest.

Moving, if you gained only +.6 then you did really good, You are really right it could of been a lot worse. Great Job!

Pxl good luck with your physical and enjoy that medi/pedi, I know I sure enjoy mine when I get it.

Well today is my weigh in day, I am super excited not to go weigh in (kinda) but today I am starting my cousin on the program. I was up at 5:45 am wide away and couldn't sleep any longer. This is going to change his life! I will let y'all know how it goes. My WI is at 830 and his appointment is right after so it should be interesting

Have a great day, I'll reporting later that is for sure!!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:48 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 187.6/164.2/135

Happy birthday Disgal! I hope you have a great day!

I weighed in yesterday and only lost 1.2 lbs (147.6) at the center. But my scale at home showed 146. Than means I now weigh less than our dog!! (She is a mastiff/bloodhound that weighed 147 lbs in May.)

This weekend, we are going to my coworker's daughter's wedding 3 hours from here. I haven't seen him or his wife for a while, so it will be interesting to see if they notice my loss. I have known them for 10+ years since my coworker and I went to college together also.

I pulled a dress out of my closet from August 2007 to wear to the wedding. It fits again and I think it looks nice. I think I was in the low 150's when I wore it, but that was before I had twins.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:03 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuv2bloved View Post
Happy Birthday Disgal I hope you have a wonderful day

Cadenevi I hope don't get the bug as bad as everyone in your family. Get some rest.

Moving, if you gained only +.6 then you did really good, You are really right it could of been a lot worse. Great Job!

Pxl good luck with your physical and enjoy that medi/pedi, I know I sure enjoy mine when I get it.

Well today is my weigh in day, I am super excited not to go weigh in (kinda) but today I am starting my cousin on the program. I was up at 5:45 am wide away and couldn't sleep any longer. This is going to change his life! I will let y'all know how it goes. My WI is at 830 and his appointment is right after so it should be interesting

Have a great day, I'll reporting later that is for sure!!
That is great you got your cousin to give IP a try!! I think he will be more likely to stick with it because he has seen how you are kicking butt on the program. I think you will be a wonderful role model also. I look at your dedication and the fact that you are always positive about this and it inspires me so much.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

Happy Birthday! You have done amazingly!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Height: 5'2"

Down 20 lbs today. YAY!! Per husbands idea I am going to get a hot stone massage tonight after work as a reward!! I am so glad he supports me in this. My kids have been great too. They are always asking questions on if I can have this or that. We were with the inlaws a few weeks ago and my youngest said something about "no mom can't eat that. She does not want to cheat on her diet." Thats pretty amazing for a 6 year old I think. Now if I could only get the husband to try the program...
Old 08-10-2011, 09:15 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 155/137.2/125 - Age 25

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone - Congrats on your 20lb milestone!!
I can't wait to hit that!!! It's wonderful to have your family support you. My FI joined bootcamp with me to help support me and he's been by my side, sweating and swearing along with me lol
Old 08-10-2011, 09:24 AM   #13  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

Happy birthday disgal! That's so inspiring that you made such a huge difference in your weight since Feb and are only 3 pounds from goal. Congratulations.

Yesterday I think I was perfect - I didn't write it down yesterday for some reason and I can't remember the details. the day before a friend was in town and we went for lunch to Montanas. I thought I'd be able to get a steak and salad but it was actually really hard to stay OP there. I ended up with half a chicken and ceasar (no dressing and I took the croutons off) and brocolli (no butter). I asked for the no dressing and wanted to substitute the veggies for the usual sides. The waitress kept runing back and forth to get the okay from the manager because I was asking for things they usually don't allow (like substituting the veggies). I was told that lucky for me the place was almost empty because it was middle of the afternoon and so they would accomodate me. My friend was great and kept offering to leave and go somplace else. But it worked out. I just won't try to go to Montanas while I'm on IP again.

It's my second wi today and I sure hope I've lost.

I have to say though that I'm quite tired and lacking energy. I'm surprised by that.

Yesterday I was walking down the hall at work and saw two people I used to work with who are both overweight and one is diabetic. I called them and said I have to tell you about my new diet. As soon as I started and mentioned the clinic one of them grabbed my arm and said she knows 2 people who went there and are now half of themselves. She said they loved IP and told her all about it but when they told her about the 'astronaut food' she was turned off. I assured her the astronaut food is very tasty and filling she was interested. Later she called me to find out more about the clinic.

Hope she makes an appointment. She isn't very big and she wants to lose weight for april. I bet she would be at her goal by Christmas.

Have a great day all.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:32 AM   #14  

Quote:

Happy Birthday! I think you have a ton to be proud of. You are -this- close to goal. Congrats to you.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 187.6/156.4/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Disgal!

I went off program for a weekend at the end of July. It was a planned break, but I have to say...it was not worth it at all. Having drinks and making poor food choices made my body not happy. Gave me a new respect for the "clean" way we are eating on IP and I honestly couldn't wait to get back on program I've been back OP 100% since and happy to do so. I want to lose 10lbs before the beginning of Sept. and then look forward to moving to phase 2. Everyone in my life has been very supportive of my lifestyle change and I feel sooooo much better.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Closed Thread