Old 08-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 188/188/125

Height: 5'2"

I second Wuv2's response. We are all here worried about you and praying for you. Please keep us posted and take care of yourself.
loriab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 158/155/125

Height: 5' 3.5"

gettinmygrooveback so sorry that you think your symptoms could be as serious as your guess #1. I am hoping that it would be #3 and with some adjustment to your medicine you be all OK. I am going to be thinking of you and sending you positive energy. Hopefully all your test are going to point to your medication. Take care dear.
rachelearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 215/170/140

Height: 5'5"

We are all here for you...
Princess Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Oh you are one of my inspirations and I wish you the best. I bet it is your thyroid meds, my dad's heart raced when he lost 40 lbs. and my brother, a nurse, took him to the emergency room and it was his thyroid meds, they had to be adjusted. I hope that is all it is. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

this is scary, I would bet it's the thyroid meds. But you won't know until you get the test results back. I think your coach gave you good advice to go on phase3 until you know more. That way you will keep your positive mindset and will also give you a preview of how maintainence will go for you. Might even set the body up for a good lose when you go back to phase 1. Best of luck with this.

Pat
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Did you have any minor chest pain before this? I ask because I have been having a little chest discomfort that I have been ignoring the last week or so. I haven't had any really dramatically fast weight loss, but I did start to wonder if the cause wasn't some component of the diet . . .
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

my other 2 cents is that when I had some heart palps a few years ago, I talked with my doc at the time and he said take some extra Mg, I did and they went away. so, everyone on this or any other diet must remember the balance of electrolyte is critical.
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 09:45 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Bella - that is part of my concerns since I am also having extreme thirst and drinking tons of water, so I just kinda wonder if I should be paying attention more . . .
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #24  
wannabe thinner

S/C/G: 167/116/115

Height: 5'

gettinmygrooveback, in my second week of IP I was in a restaurant and the same thing happened to me. Hubby took me home, I was in sweats, racing heart, light-headed and a bit spaced out. THe first thing I did at home was go to bed and ask hubby to get me a bottle of SMART WATER. this is water with electrolytes, 0-0-0. I figured if i felt better in 15 min that was good. If not I would go to the hospital. well, I was right. i was a bit dehydrated and low on electrolytes. moral of my story keep drinking water and keep taking potassium, maybe a bit extra of each.
Calypso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
my other 2 cents is that when I had some heart palps a few years ago, I talked with my doc at the time and he said take some extra Mg, I did and they went away. so, everyone on this or any other diet must remember the balance of electrolyte is critical.
I read in another post, the one about too much water I think, that if you drink a LOT more water you need to keep electrolytes balanced. I have been making sure I get the extra sea salt every day and upped my potassium to 2 a day (has helped with leg cramps also). I drink at least 140 oz of water a day. Would you suggest I maby up the CalMag from 4 to 5? Now Im a little worried. My coach is not good about knowing these type of things.
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:10 PM   #26  
aka CAT

S/C/G: 212.4/204.6/170

Height: 5'-10"

Hello all….and thanks again for the kind words and support. Physically, I am feeling much better except for the fatigue…and there are numerous factors here that could be causing that. On the emotionally side, you can image the numerous adjectives I can use to describe what’s going on “upstairs”.

I had an echocardiogram yesterday AM. The good news is that the tech said she saw no evidence of the mitral valve prolaspe (not sure how that can disappear??) but of course she could say nothing more. I did get to watch the screen the entire time. Seeing the 4 chambers of your heart and the valves in action is quite a freaky sight. Now I sit and wait…..for that phone call from the doc saying my heart is just fine! Problem is…..I’m not a very patient person. On the up side, at my age it’s good to know what shape the ticker is in…..Right?

But the best news of all……I actually think I figured out what happened to me. IT WAS THE MOTHER OF ALL HOT FLASHES! The entire episode lasted less than half a minute and I immediately recovered. Albeit frightened and stressed, my heart rate returned to normal. I have been having HF on and off for the past 10 years (I’m 50). Since beginning IP, they have been very few and far between. I attributed that to the fact that my body had an ample supply of estrogen. HF occur when the estrogen levels drop causing the skin temperature to rise. Your circulatory system responds and rushes an increased blood supply to bring that temperature down quickly. I am thinking that the mega HF and subsequent temperature surge was just way too much for my heart to handle and it reacted by flip-flopping and break dancing in my chest. I have relived those 30 seconds over and over again and I can still look down at my chest and see what looked like an alien trying to come out of my chest. My doctor and I did not discuss this when I saw her on Tuesday but she got a very detailed message delivered to her today and I see a needle being poked into my vein in the very near future. Now my overly analytical brain is trying to figure out why the HF was so intense. And I sure as heck, don’t ever want to have another one of those. I can handle the minor ones………

I have decreased my thyroid meds (could be where the fatigue is coming from) and have slightly increased my calories. Honestly, I was at a loss as to just how to do that without jeopardizing my successful journey. I’ve had extra protein (RTD), quit measuring my veggies (I think I have a good enough eye for quantity at this point) and I have decided there will be no WI tomorrow AM. Yes, I will get on the scale but I will not consider this week, gain or loss. And I have also decided to not attend my group’s event in the Quarter this weekend. The heat in the Deep South is brutal right now and I think I just need to chillax. The last think I want to happen is to have one of these episodes 50 miles from home!

Tomorrow’s a brand new day……….
gettinmygrooveback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:22 PM   #27  
Me (middle) & Sistas

S/C/G: 141.8/138.4/117

Height: 5' 3"

Glad you are feeling better and got unoffical good news. Oy, HF. I know, I'm 47 and they are creeping their way into my life. Hang in there and try to stay "chillaxed"!
Celticgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 256/256/120

Thats good you hopefuly got it figured out. I think it is a good idea for you to not do your group event with all the heat. Hope you stay cool the rest of the week
nikkib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 10:15 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinmygrooveback View Post
Hello all….and thanks again for the kind words and support. Physically, I am feeling much better except for the fatigue…and there are numerous factors here that could be causing that. On the emotionally side, you can image the numerous adjectives I can use to describe what’s going on “upstairs”.

I had an echocardiogram yesterday AM. The good news is that the tech said she saw no evidence of the mitral valve prolaspe (not sure how that can disappear??) but of course she could say nothing more. I did get to watch the screen the entire time. Seeing the 4 chambers of your heart and the valves in action is quite a freaky sight. Now I sit and wait…..for that phone call from the doc saying my heart is just fine! Problem is…..I’m not a very patient person. On the up side, at my age it’s good to know what shape the ticker is in…..Right?

But the best news of all……I actually think I figured out what happened to me. IT WAS THE MOTHER OF ALL HOT FLASHES! The entire episode lasted less than half a minute and I immediately recovered. Albeit frightened and stressed, my heart rate returned to normal. I have been having HF on and off for the past 10 years (I’m 50). Since beginning IP, they have been very few and far between. I attributed that to the fact that my body had an ample supply of estrogen. HF occur when the estrogen levels drop causing the skin temperature to rise. Your circulatory system responds and rushes an increased blood supply to bring that temperature down quickly. I am thinking that the mega HF and subsequent temperature surge was just way too much for my heart to handle and it reacted by flip-flopping and break dancing in my chest. I have relived those 30 seconds over and over again and I can still look down at my chest and see what looked like an alien trying to come out of my chest. My doctor and I did not discuss this when I saw her on Tuesday but she got a very detailed message delivered to her today and I see a needle being poked into my vein in the very near future. Now my overly analytical brain is trying to figure out why the HF was so intense. And I sure as heck, don’t ever want to have another one of those. I can handle the minor ones………

I have decreased my thyroid meds (could be where the fatigue is coming from) and have slightly increased my calories. Honestly, I was at a loss as to just how to do that without jeopardizing my successful journey. I’ve had extra protein (RTD), quit measuring my veggies (I think I have a good enough eye for quantity at this point) and I have decided there will be no WI tomorrow AM. Yes, I will get on the scale but I will not consider this week, gain or loss. And I have also decided to not attend my group’s event in the Quarter this weekend. The heat in the Deep South is brutal right now and I think I just need to chillax. The last think I want to happen is to have one of these episodes 50 miles from home!

Tomorrow’s a brand new day……….
You definitely need to relax this weekend. We are here to distract you while you wait patiently for answers...
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 11:36 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 217.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Have been lurking and following along. Glad you're feeling more positive and taking it easy.
rainbowmom is offline   Reply With Quote