Old 08-09-2011, 12:12 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

Height: 5'5

Default Best Walden Farms products

Let's be honest - some walden farms products taste awful. But, some are pretty good. I was looking up their products page and wanted to make an order (our Kroger only has a few WF options)

Which products are good? Which dressings are good? What do you do with your products?

I am particularly curious about the tomato sauce....
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

never tried the tomato sauce...
i am italian so picky about that. I just buy diced tomatoes no salt added, drain a little, season and add it to my veggies and miracle noodles.

I don't like any WF products: But I did buy the Ceaser didn't mind it, I added lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper and salt. it helped. use it sparingly seems to taste better. I also like the thousand island for the Big Mac Bowl recipe.

I also do not mind the sun dried tomato italian dressing.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/216/160

Height: 5'8"

SOME of the salad dressings are edible. The bacon ranch is ok, but pretty sweet. The regular ranch I would not buy again. The italian dressing and caesar are probably the best.

The peanut spread is super weird. I think it tastes like play-doh and has a really gelatinous, nasty texture. The marshmallow fluff was ok, but I don't think I'd want very much of it. Caramel dip was mostly like caramelish, chemicaly gelatin. The chocolate dip was a weird texture, too, but was ok I thought. The jellies taste like kool-aid flavored jello. I'm trying to be objective in my descriptions...
I really wanted to like the WF products, but I quit buying them because I'd rather bite the bulled and use 35 cal of FF ranch and enjoy my salad rather than 0 cal of their ranch and not! Also, I think they probably have SOME calories (just b/c gelatin does, even though not a lot) so eating a bunch of servings just b/c it says 0 calorie is not worth it, either. I dunno. I might try a new product if they came out with one.
DezziePS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #4  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

I really like the creamy bacon, this is what I have tried so far
ranch
thousand island
asian
ginger
chocolate syrup
strawberry syrup
ketchup - needed doctoring
Marshmellow dip
honey mustard
and I liked all of the BBQ sauces the honey one is my favorite

All of these were good, the peanut butter is NOT good!

Last edited by wuv2bloved; 08-09-2011 at 12:44 PM.
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217/174/164

Height: 5'8"

Of the items I've tried, I actually like the spicy barbecue sauce. The ginger sesame dressing is good for chicken/cabbage salad. The balsamic vinagrette dressing is pretty good. I think I like WF products better than IP non-restricted products!
Pauley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:58 PM   #6  

Height: 5'4"

I didn't like the honey dijon, raspberry vinigarette, or french. Italian is ok every now and then. I have to have thousand island for bog mac in a bowl. I always keep creamy bacon in my purse because it's best on chicken salads when out. I like the caramel syrup with a vanilla shake in my coffee. I couldn't even handle the smell of the mayo. That's my 2 cents.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #7  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I like the chipotle ranch although it is very spicy.

The other dressings are so thin and not that great but they do the job.

the syrup was okay

The chocolate syrup is thin but okay. Next week I'm going to get orange pancakes and have orange pancakes with chocolate syrup for a snack.
JackieGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:00 PM   #8  
3 lbs at a time!

S/C/G: 203/188/140

Height: 5'4"

I have only tried two as I'm pretty new but am also looking to trying more.

1. Chipotle Ranch - I didn't mind this on salad plain but I liked it way better when I mixed a little mustard in with it. I did like it plain when I coated my chicken and salmon in it and baked them.

2. Hickory BBQ - The family and I enjoyed this one when we baked/bbq'd our steaks and chicken. As hubby and I do like things spicy I did add some hot sauce with it for us, not the kids though and they really liked the chicken not knowing the BBQ sauce was WF.
YvetteSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:02 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 139/???/124

Height: 5'5''

The balsamic vinaigrette is probably one of the best.

I use the apple butter as my dessert and put some cinnamon on. Hummm
The Strawberry or Raspberry dip are really good, it could be on your toast or as a dessert
Caramel syrup and dip are good, but the taste isn't 100% caramel.
Chocolate syrup and dip are good too, and better with the WF Smoothie receipe (Phase 2 to 4)
Pancake syrup is really good with ham in a salad, but tasted more like "Table syrup" on pancakes.
Strawberry syrup is really good. I put some in my yogurt or on my pancake.
Marshmallow Dip isn't that good when you tasted it, but surprising with fruits
Original BBQ Sauce isn't that good in my opinion; it tasted like vegetarian BBQ sauce.
The French Onion & Ranch dip are totally disgusting. Don't taste like veggie dip. Eurrr.

Last edited by francess; 08-09-2011 at 02:05 PM.
francess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:06 PM   #10  
Man on a mission

Ok i maybe the only one but i love WF products. Here's my list and what i do with it.

Blue cheese dressing = with boneless chicken breast cut up as wing on BBQ with homemade wing sauce. I use the dressing as a dip.

Asian dressing= marinated chicken for stir fry.

Creamy bacon dressing= for salad.

Thousand island dressing= For the ever popular Big mac in a bowl.

Strawberry jam= For filling in the vanilla pudding cakes.

Chocolate syrup= for anything you want cofee, pancake, and pudding cakes.

Ok and now my piece de resistance. I crush the ip cereal mix add water and 1/2 tsp baking powder and water till you get a pancake batter. Once your pancake is done, i put wf apple jelly and caramel syrup on it. Im telling you its to DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. And the best thing is its non restricted WOOOOHOOOOOOOO.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:16 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 158.8/152.8/130

thanks yall! i really like the chocolate pudding cupcakes so i may try the caramel, pb or marshmellow as a "frosting" - or filling

has anyone made spaghetti/ pasta with zuchinni and either tomato sauce of fetachinni?
AuburnKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 153.8/142.6/135ish

Height: 5'7

Oh, not the PB. It has to be the foulest substance known to man. The caramel dip was also an assault on my senses!

I don't mind the marshmallow dip, italian dressing (with a little lemon juice and crushed pepper), and thousand island (even though I would never otherwise eat thousand island).
coliep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:39 PM   #13  
Man on a mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnKate View Post
thanks yall! i really like the chocolate pudding cupcakes so i may try the caramel, pb or marshmellow as a "frosting" - or filling

has anyone made spaghetti/ pasta with zuchinni and either tomato sauce of fetachinni?
I did the fettucini zuccini with the wf alfredo sauce too, just forgot to mention it earlier it was great just added a bit of lemon juice and garlic, with strips of chicken and voila. One other product i forgot to mention was thw dreaded WF pb, now on its own i will give it to you guys its pretty nasty, BUT doctored up as a thai peanut sauce its really really good. I dont have the recepie right here but if you search you will find it. Good luck on your new experimenting.
rooster on a diet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

I like the asian ginger to make chicken stir fries.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

I hate them all. Sorry to be negative nellie here, but I through out 3 whole bottles of dressings after tasting them. I told my IP coach and she said "I would have taken them, I love them" sooooooooooo I guess it's up to the individual's taste buds. I thought they tasted like chemicals... TOTALLY!
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote