3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   I Need Motivation...please Help. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/240395-i-need-motivation-please-help.html)

thinmint 08-09-2011 12:15 AM

I Need Motivation...please Help.

Hello everyone,
I had started IP back in May and lost about 8lbs in 2weeks, due to some personal matters I was going through and NOT liking the location I was attending I never went back and got off the program. I am now at a point where I found a wonderful location nearby and I go in this week so I will begin the next day.
My motivation is that I have a vacation coming up, and I am terrified of going on this trip at this weight. From the day I start the program I will have exactly 6 weeks to lose weight.
I know we are all different but how much do you think is possible to lose in a month and a half?????????????

wuv2bloved 08-09-2011 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thinmint (Post 3980919)
Hello everyone,
I had started IP back in May and lost about 8lbs in 2weeks, due to some personal matters I was going through and NOT liking the location I was attending I never went back and got off the program. I am now at a point where I found a wonderful location nearby and I go in this week so I will begin the next day.
My motivation is that I have a vacation coming up, and I am terrified of going on this trip at this weight. From the day I start the program I will have exactly 6 weeks to lose weight.
I know we are all different but how much do you think is possible to lose in a month and a half?????????????

That is the million dollar question. There are a lot of things to take into consideration.

The first thing is stress....first off you are putting yourself under stress by wanting a certain amount gone in 6 weeks. Just stick with the program 100% until then and you will see results.

Second are you on any type of medication....wait as I typed second there are so many things to consider that I will stop right there.

Good luck!

Maile 08-09-2011 11:17 AM

I agree with wuv2bloved..it really is hard to predict your loss..due to so many factors. If you look around on this site you will see varying weight losses each week. However, the one thing that you do know is that if you commit to IP, you will lose weight!

rachelearth 08-09-2011 11:51 AM

Welcome thinmint.

As wuv2bloved and Maile have already said it is hard to predict. On the average people are losing 2-4 pounds a week. Some are losing regularly, some are losing nothing one week but 4-6 pounds the next week, some are losing every third week but nothing in between. So you really can't predict it.

But what all of us including yourself have experienced is that this program works. So you can be sure that if you start again and stay with it, and not stressing over how much you are losing per week, you are going to be very successful and lighter and thinner by the time you go on vacation.

You know, I think you might be able to expect to lose a dress size in six weeks if you stay true to the protocol. That is my hope anyway. I am hoping to be able to fit into my size 12 blouses by mid September.

Good luck.