Old 08-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Congrats BusyMom on your W1 10.6 is awesome!
To TexanKay & Krista- I agree with Wuv that a loss is a loss. While we may sometimes want more, faster at least you are headed in the right direction- DOWN... I have to say in addition to this that I took SandyH's advice from last week and only ate fish primarily, with no red meat at all throughout the week. No flavoring in my water, no pickles. And lo & behold this week was a three pound loss vs. last weeks stall! So a big thank you Sandy!!
HawnDragon- we're starting Phase 3 together today!
Well, I have been on the program for almost 4 months and am continuing along with phasing out- tomorrow will be the first day of 'official' phase 3! Very excited. IP works if you follow it! Don't be discouraged by low loss weeks or small gains to the point you 'give into temptation' just keep trucking cause a big loss is usually awaiting you the next week...
capricious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #47  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

WI today..down 3. I am happy.

Capricious: I lose better with fish also..and stay away from pickles for the salt.
Good loss for you.

Hawdragon..very inspirational. Congrats on being 5 pounds from goal!

Last edited by Maile; 08-08-2011 at 06:58 PM.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 06:59 PM   #48  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Capricious: I lose better with fish also..and stay away from pickles for the salt.
Good loss for you.

GREAT job Maile....keep up the excellent work!
wuv2bloved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:28 PM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Congrats BusyMom on your W1 10.6 is awesome!
To TexanKay & Krista- I agree with Wuv that a loss is a loss. While we may sometimes want more, faster at least you are headed in the right direction- DOWN... I have to say in addition to this that I took SandyH's advice from last week and only ate fish primarily, with no red meat at all throughout the week. No flavoring in my water, no pickles. And lo & behold this week was a three pound loss vs. last weeks stall! So a big thank you Sandy!!
HawnDragon- we're starting Phase 3 together today!
Well, I have been on the program for almost 4 months and am continuing along with phasing out- tomorrow will be the first day of 'official' phase 3! Very excited. IP works if you follow it! Don't be discouraged by low loss weeks or small gains to the point you 'give into temptation' just keep trucking cause a big loss is usually awaiting you the next week...

You are welcome! And congrats to you and HawnDragon for starting Phase 3. I will be watching your success closely!
sandyh50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 07:57 PM   #50  

S/C/G: (C/G) 143.8/147

Height: 5' 3"

Happy Monday! Congrats on the fantastic weigh ins. I agree with the others, a loss is a loss and they do all add up!

When I have a small loss week, I add up my inches lost, look at my "before" photo, or start going through my closet. I always look for some evidence that I'm on the right track and stepping back to see the results.

Remain strong everyone!
Jo
JoLoMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:22 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista7382 View Post
So disappointed! Had my 4th weigh in today and only lost 1 lb. I also had my total loss off by 1 so still only down 12.

Here is my sample diet, let me know if I am messing anything up.

Breakfast: Drink (usually chocolate or yogurt), vitamins and water
Lunch: Chicken Soup with 2 cups broccoli, water
Dinner: 5-6 ounces chicken/beef/sometimes fish or shrimp, lettuce, 2 cups veggies, little bit of olive oil, soy sauce and salt for dressing. Water. Vitamins.
Snack: Bar or pudding. Vitamins. Water.
Try to get at least 64 ounces of water but aim for more.

Also, is lunch meat acceptable for parts of the protein?
Weeks 4, 5 and 6 are notorious for small losses...perhaps our bodies catching up...? It will pick up again, I promise. I had a big loss Wk16 - I attribute it mainly to changing from the choc shake to the choc rtd (I still can't get over the carb difference between these two!), I also had the soy puffs as my restricted (rather than the bbq ridges).
i started Phase 2 this past weekend. I started on saturday at 140...we'll see how it goes! I had tuna, veggies and salad for lunch and I had way more energy this afternoon then I normally do, I didn't even need my afternoon herbal tea!
I've used deli meat lots, the lean low sodium type of chicken or turkey. I get them to slice it pretty thick, then I dice it and premeasure it in baggies - As i need it, I usually add italian herbs to the baggie, shake it up and throw it on my salad.
Oh and i love the pic of your puppy, Krista! Beagles are my fave!

Last edited by brummie; 08-08-2011 at 08:23 PM.
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 294.6/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
So disappointed! Had my 4th weigh in today and only lost 1 lb. I also had my total loss off by 1 so still only down 12.

Dinner: 5-6 ounces chicken/beef/sometimes fish or shrimp, lettuce, 2 cups veggies, little bit of olive oil, soy sauce and salt for dressing. Water. Vitamins.

Sorry you're disappointed, i can totally understand, but you did lose and if you keep following the protocol the lbs WILL come off.

Your sample day sounds quite similar to mine as for type of foods but i have a pudding in the afternoon for my 3pm snack and i drink about 140oz of water a day so maybe up your water a bit more..

I don't think you're allowed lunchmeat but someone with more knowledge should confirm.

Last edited by Busymomx4; 08-08-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Busymomx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 08:31 PM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maile View Post

Good loss for you.

Congrats on the 3lbs, you have great weekly losses.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:34 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
Weeks 4, 5 and 6 are notorious for small losses...perhaps our bodies catching up...? It will pick up again, I promise. I had a big loss Wk16 - I attribute it mainly to changing from the choc shake to the choc rtd (I still can't get over the carb difference between these two!), I also had the soy puffs as my restricted (rather than the bbq ridges).
i started Phase 2 this past weekend. I started on saturday at 140...we'll see how it goes! I had tuna, veggies and salad for lunch and I had way more energy this afternoon then I normally do, I didn't even need my afternoon herbal tea!
I've used deli meat lots, the lean low sodium type of chicken or turkey. I get them to slice it pretty thick, then I dice it and premeasure it in baggies - As i need it, I usually add italian herbs to the baggie, shake it up and throw it on my salad.
Oh and i love the pic of your puppy, Krista! Beagles are my fave!
I never checked the difference in carbs between the rtd shakes and the ones i make. Is it such a difference that i could affect weight loss?
Old 08-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

Sounds like some amazing losses already this week! I hope that is a hint of what's to come for everyone else.
I am having a terrible time getting water in today. Just not thirsty. Gotta suck it up (literally!).
pselias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #56  

Height: 5'4"

Way to go on all the great losses. I am hoping I follow in the big loss footsteps!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 165/136/135

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Definitely eat your restricted at breakfast and lunch, not after dinner. limit your soy sauce and up your water to 96+ oz. As far as lunch meat, i would just watch the sodium in it. it could slow your weight loss.
leganegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 11:09 PM   #58  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 261 / see ticker / 155

Height: 5'6

Thanks ladies! I'm going to take all this advice and hope for better next time.
Krista7382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busymomx4 View Post
I never checked the difference in carbs between the rtd shakes and the ones i make. Is it such a difference that i could affect weight loss?
The rtd has 4 carbs and the choc drink has 9. This is pretty lame, but for months all I had was the 2 choc drinks and 1 pack of ridges as my IP meals everyday. I planned to get other things that I thought I might like, but never actually had the kahunas to deviate from my 'norm' when it actually came down to making the selection at the clinic every week. Now when I go in, my coach has my food on her desk ready to go...so I don't even look at the other items (I'm a creature of habit....can you tell?) So, I went from 34 IP carbs per day (with the choc drinks and the ridges) to 17 IP carbs with the rtd and the soy puffs during week 16 (for week 17 i had to go back to the choc drinks as the clinic was out of rtds)
brummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 12:47 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5'7

Hi,
I am new to this whole thing. I have been reading this forum for some time but I started ideal protein 2 wks ago. The first week I lost 7 lbs and that was with cheating over the weekend. However, since then I have not cheated for 10 days . I am not feeling the hunger like I did in the first week so that is good. I am just feeling really dicouraged that this week I have only lost 3 lbs!? what is that all about? I have been doing everything I am suppose too and yet 3 lbs?! Just feel like I am doing this and I should see more. Am I crazy? I am not exerciseing but I was told not to since I am not getting very many calories. what does everyone think about exercising into wk 2?

Last edited by wyomingsarah; 08-09-2011 at 12:59 AM.
wyomingsarah is offline   Reply With Quote