Big Loss Without Much to Lose?

• Just curious if there are any IP dieters out there that have seen big losses (other than week 1) when you are within 10-20 pounds from your goal? Just trying to manage expectations and possibly find more motivation since mine is waning . . . .
  • I think it depends on alot of things. # 1 your age, are you post-menopause? #2 Do you take Thyroid meds? and I believe some anti-depressents slow loss. If you are young and med-free, you have a good chance of losing quite regular. Good Luck
  • Weight loss close to goal is just plain hard- and by hard I mean that it requires patience (which is the hardest thing of all!). Just wait it out- if you only lose 3 pounds this month, then you're 3 pounds closer to goal.
  • bump.
  • Personally, I think that the closer you get to goal the slower the losses are going to be. That said, I do believe that with IP, you will still see losses. I am getting to the point where I can also say I am within 10-15 pounds and I am prepared for the inevitable slow down.

Even my coach said that the reason I am not seeing the "average 3-5 pound" losses is because I didn't have that much to lose to begin with. The more you have to lose, the greater your losses.
  • JennyDoodle - have you had your BMI and body fat % done lately? I know you workout and that is why I ask. I disregarded the IP exercise restriction for the most part and do get concerned that I am burning muscle mass at times so I find myself wanting to increase my cals to 1200 and increase my protein closer to 1 lb / lb of body weight. I vary this with the lower cal / protein on non workout days. So far, I have seen a decline in body fat, which means I am preserving (if not building) muscle mass. Right?! I find this whole issue a bit touchy and confusing . . .