Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 01:20 PM   #136  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post

Of course! Everyone misses you. You and your great advice and insights are referenced often on all these threads! Welcome back (and don't just lurk).

Lynn
Thank you, Lynn! It is so nice to see you still here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Welcome back. Definitely stay on the experienced thread. It's a different kind of support.
Thank you! I definitely need the support getting back on track!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I said it on the daily thread and I'll say it again. HOORAY!! welcome back, I've missed you!
I missed you too! You had a better reason for being gone in my book!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennydoodle View Post
Just popping in to catch up! We are going out to dinner with some friends tonight and I am very excited to wear a dress that I haven't been able to wear, like ever. I also bought a pair of Juicy jeans (from a consignment shop) in size 31. I do not know what that translates to in sizes, but they fit me really nice and now I actually have a bottom that fits. Every pair of pants and jeans I have are very loose and saggy- not that I am complaining .

I am feeling so good lately, and I am enjoying it for all it is worth while it is here! I am in a good place, mentally, and am really liking the way my body is transforming. I am (unofficially) at 21# and more and more people are noticing. I have my goal around 130, figuring that I would like to maintain at 135, but in all honesty, if I could lose a few more inches off of my stomach and hips each, I would be done, no matter what the actual number is.

I am between an 8 and 10 now, and am thinking that I would like to fit comfortably into a 6. I have always had trouble with finding pants and jeans that fit me since I have a typical hourglass figure. I always end up with enough space in the back of the waistband to host a party. I think that I will always have this issue, no matter what size I am But I am chomping at the bit to fit comfortably into single digit sizes. It is amazing that in 10 short weeks I have gone from a snug 12 to a lose 10 / tight 8.

Welcome back Carla! Before I started IP I read through all the stickies and your knowledge is incredible!
Thanks, Jenny! You are doing so well!! I just love how much change you are seeing! Congratulations on getting into the 31's I have the same issues as you. I am an hourglass figure and jeans, MAN, are they ever hard to find a good fit. At least in a thinner body shape it is more of a manageable task!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gika View Post
I just had to say welcome back and thanks! When I first started the program I read and read and read tons of your posts and they were tremendously helpful to me!
I remember reading in one of your posts that you suffered from hypoglycemia, and I had the same problem too. During the first few weeks into the program it continued as usual, but as of about 3 weeks ago I haven't had any episodes . Ok, I'm rambling now, so just welcome back and thanks again!
AWW! Thank you! I am so glad I was able to help you get information for the program. Yes, I have hypoglycemia. I suffered with it during the program quiet a bit. My coach didn't realize I should have been adding an extra packet so, I struggled a lot more than I needed to. I have learned at lot that I hope will help me this time round. I am so glad you are seeing a correction as soon as 3 weeks. Are you by chance using any restricted packets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disgal View Post
I also want to say "thank you" Carla!! When I first came on this website I read and read for DAYS!!! I saw your posts quite frequently, and appreciate all your insight!!!
Welcome back!!!
Hey Disgal!! I love your avatar! I am a totally Disney fan! Thank you for the warm welcome and I am so glad you found something interesting in my old ramblings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Good morning all! WElcome back CArla, I have enjoyed reading your "old" posts too.

Good discussion on when do we know we are at goal. I lost a hundred pounds on WW almost ten years ago and maintained it for quite some time. Then 3 years ago I started gaining weight, until I was 50 pounds heavier! I am shooting for that same goal, but am wondering if it is something I can maintain since exercise is limited with the osteoarthritis in my knees (I am almost 59) . I really want to be able to grab something in my closet and know that it will fit and not be too tight!!!
Hello Sandy! Nice to meet ya!

As for your new question, I BELIEVE, that if we learn to apply the principles we gain in phase 4 we will not have the same weight gain issues. I only started to gain weight after a year, and when I lost my focus (due to stress) and began eating as I USED TO. We are learning that OUR bodies are best with a higher protein lower carb combination. Unfortunately, WW doesn't teach you specifically about avoiding the carb excess. It teaches points which is more about a balance of lower fat, added fiber and lower carbs but, it may not help someone really understand, in long term "terms" how low to keep the carbs. When you are done with this program, those who maintain well seem to understand that bit and when is the best time to have complex carbs so that insulin stays in control throughout the day.

OK.. So, my day consists of starting day one of IP and going to a pet adoption event. I do rescue work with a poodle rescue and today we have multiple dogs out on show; 2 of them are my fosters. SO, here is to a long day of standing and talking!

I will check back with you all later! Have a great day!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:43 PM   #137  

Carla, good luck back on DAy 1. I think your event will keep you so busy that you won't think about food (hopefully).

I like your answer to my question about goal. I think I have been brainwashed before that low carb diets are bad. Watching "Fathead" a documentary on hulu dot com really opened my eyes. I do think that finishing phase 4 will truly help me keep the weight off for life. Thanks for answering.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #138  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:

I've had this discussion with my coach on several occasions. When you get close to goal, it's very easy to start letting things slide. You are probably tired of the diet, sick of feeling deprived when you don't feel too heavy anymore, and want to rejoin your social activities that you've been avoiding while you were on the diet.

Here is my advice. Going from 160 to 150 for me (the last 10lbs, I still have 5 to go) are where I have started to see the most results. I look pretty darn good with clothes on (size 8 now), but there are still some wiggly bits here and there and I wouldn't yet buy a bikini. It's the end of the diet where you can really see the most improvement.

I have started toning by doing pilates and swimmng laps. Yes, it makes me hungrier and, yes, I'm adding a packet when I work out. Recently, as a result, I've started to see imrovement in my abs, leg muscles, and my arm flab is starting to disappear. The loose skin really needs all the fat to be gone before it starts to firm up. That, and you HAVE to tone with exercise. Exercise is a vital part of maintenance, so you might as well get it started now. Even if you are only walking, it's better than nothing. Also just try stretching... it's not vigorous exercise, but it does help a lot. I am about to drag about my "fluidity" bar (ballet bar) and do some additional flexibility training.

Here is the hard part. All of these things are coming at a time when people are saying "why are you still on the diet? you look great! why don't you stop now?"... And, the compliments have stopped from people who see me all the time. People who haven't seen me for a while are still shocked. Others are just lecturing me on the fact that they think I "might gain it all back" or "do you think you'll be able to do this forever, it sounds so strict"... I've really stopped talking about the diet, but refocused my energy internally. People have become more critical during the past 10lbs than they ever were before.

Note that I attribute this reaction to the fact that I am smaller than most of the people who are criticizing me now. Everyone's reaction to my weight loss has to do with THEM rather than ME... I've learned so much while on this journey. Most people have their own issues, and it is reflected in the comments that they direct towards me.

Anyway, here is my advice... I'm going to kill these last 5lbs. In all truth, I have 10lbs more of fat to lose but 5lbs of muscle to gain. I know that these pounds will take longer than the rest. It's ok! I never thought I would be in a place where I was trying to lose "only 5 lbs" and I should be very happy about that. Most of the time, I am very happy about that. But sometimes I slip and start to think I haven't yet reached my goal and that makes me a failure. Then I snap to it. I'm a superstar!

AND SO ARE YOU!
Thanks for posting this. It's what I needed to hear (read) today. I've been getting frustrated with my losses slowing down and because I'm feeling much better than I did at my start weight, I have been thinking and re-thinking my strategy and weight goal. In truth, I'm just so impatient and maybe bored with eating the same things over and over. I need to re-read your post (daily) and buckle down and make it to the finish. Sure, I feel great now, but I can't delude myself into thinking that there isn't a huge benefit in sticking with until the last pounds are off.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:47 PM   #139  

I had dinner with my parents Friday night, my dad is on IP also, so it's nice to have someone to eat with at family events. He made chicken with homemade BBQ sauce that is "IP friendly" or so he thought. It was super delicious so I asked him what was in it and he listed off a bunch of approved ingredients ie: wf ketchup, spices etc and then mentioned it had 2 tbsp of molasses in it...well that's why it tasted so good I guess I had a really clean bootcamp day yesterday and I'm down on the scales today so I guess it didn't knock me out of ketosis....thank goodness! Silly dads I also had to tell him that an ear of corn has more carbs than a potato because he figured it was okay to have some corn once in a while!

I found when I was on program last time that once you are deep in ketosis it takes a lot more to knock you out than it does in the beginning stages. Interestingly enough when restarting the diet this time it only took me a day and a half to fall into ketosis again so I wonder if your body is more accepting of ketosis once you've been in it for a longer period of time. I'm not saying this as a justification to cheat by any means because you are really only dissapointing yourself and slowing down the process of losing weight but also reminds me not to sweat the small stuff like an oops with a bit of BBQ sauce.

Hope your weekends are going well So nice to see your active face on the boards again Carla! It feels familiar and nice.

Princess Jessica - congrats on your new low # I'm sure that was wonderful to see! I can remember going to England in 1996, I went on weight watchers before I left and got down to 167 lbs...that's the lowest my mind can remember being, before that I don't think I gave weight much thought. I'd like to end up there again one day...
Old 08-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 175/127/125

Height: 5'5"

AWW! Thank you! I am so glad I was able to help you get information for the program. Yes, I have hypoglycemia. I suffered with it during the program quiet a bit. My coach didn't realize I should have been adding an extra packet so, I struggled a lot more than I needed to. I have learned at lot that I hope will help me this time round. I am so glad you are seeing a correction as soon as 3 weeks. Are you by chance using any restricted packets?

Actually it took 5 weeks to see the improvement, so for the last 3 weeks I've felt fine. At my clinic they choose the packets that you get for the first 2 weeks, and they gave me a restricted to eat every day :/ (though no bars nor soy snacks) I ended up substituting some of the restricteds for RTDs at the beginning. Now I'm using a restricted maybe 5-7 days a week (so almost every day). Also after the 3rd week I started exercising moderately and so having 4 packets on the days that I do. I'm really glad that I seem to have stabilized at this point, because I was pricking my fingers more than I ever had since I wanted to know how my body reacted to specific IP foods, and what my timing should be, etc. My clinic isn't the best at "coaching", so when I asked them about the changes I should expect in my blood sugar level they didn't have a real answer (they just said "it should be fine")
Old 08-14-2011, 03:39 PM   #141  
Maintaining-March, 2011

S/C/G: 184/IP 175.6/133/130

Height: 5'4"

2Ride (Joanne),

A week or so ago we were talking about a "search for chips" and you mentioned you use Daikon Radishes. Do you just eat them raw as a chip or do you bake/roast them someway?
Also, with my new found love of Kohlrabi...what do you do with the greens?

Always looking for new ideas! Thanks.

Lynn
Old 08-14-2011, 03:58 PM   #142  

I mixed the vanilla pudding with some root beer flavored stevia and it's delicious like a root beer float
Old 08-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #143  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
2Ride (Joanne),

A week or so ago we were talking about a "search for chips" and you mentioned you use Daikon Radishes. Do you just eat them raw as a chip or do you bake/roast them someway?
Also, with my new found love of Kohlrabi...what do you do with the greens?

Always looking for new ideas! Thanks.

Lynn
I actually baked the daikon it was good, but the kohlrabi as chips are even better. I have found they get nice and crisp if you bake them on a oizza stone. but they also burn faster too. My kohlrabi never come with the greens attached so sorry don't know.... I have also heard that a kohlrabi salad is good but haven't tried it yet. I boiled my last kohlrabi last night and pureed it, I haven't really tried it yet as it is one of the higher carb veggies and my coach said no high carb veggies this week... so I have been eating a lot of grilled zucchini and asparagus and mushrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I mixed the vanilla pudding with some root beer flavored stevia and it's delicious like a root beer float
oh that sounds sooo good.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:25 PM   #144  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
Thanks for posting this. It's what I needed to hear (read) today. I've been getting frustrated with my losses slowing down and because I'm feeling much better than I did at my start weight, I have been thinking and re-thinking my strategy and weight goal. In truth, I'm just so impatient and maybe bored with eating the same things over and over. I need to re-read your post (daily) and buckle down and make it to the finish. Sure, I feel great now, but I can't delude myself into thinking that there isn't a huge benefit in sticking with until the last pounds are off.
I always think of it like I'm getting to the end of a race. Would I stop running and give up? No. I really want to see the finish line. I'm bored eating the same things over and over too. I really need to mix things up (again)! I weigh in early tomorrow morning, so we'll see how this week went. I really hope to be officially in the 140s!!
Old 08-14-2011, 10:46 PM   #145  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
I always think of it like I'm getting to the end of a race. Would I stop running and give up? No. I really want to see the finish line. I'm bored eating the same things over and over too. I really need to mix things up (again)! I weigh in early tomorrow morning, so we'll see how this week went. I really hope to be officially in the 140s!!
Good luck with your weigh in, like you I am running a race and getting a little tired, but can see the finish line and I am just getting ready to give it that extra burst. I really liked the grilled zucchini and asparagus this week, I like mixing it up but truth be told I miss my roasted broccoli... hoping to have a couple of good weeks of weighing in. Just to give me that little burst to the finish line.
I sent my brother my before and after pictures tonight I think he is going to be shocked. He says he is proud of me and says he can tell the difference in me with my attitude. It is nice to have family that care. Have a great sunday night.
Old 08-15-2011, 08:23 AM   #146  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Well...I didn't make it to the 140s this week. I weighed in at 150.2. Not going to complain though..because it's a loss, even when I was struggling this week
Waiting to hear back from this job is more stressful then I would have thought, but it's probably more of my life situation..then just the job, LOL.

Have a good week wonderful friends!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:21 AM   #147  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Pxlkitty, thanks so much for your advice and for sharing your experiences with the last 10 lbs. That's been happening to me, too. I still have a few who who have been supporting me since the beginning, and haven't had a word of negativity to say to me (I refer to them as my cheerleaders ), but there are the ones who keep saying "You don't even have 10lbs left to lose!" and "You're being unhealthy!" and "I think you're trying to lose too much!" I ignore those and just stick to hanging out with my "cheerleaders" for now!

Carla, welcome back!!! I, too, have been away for a few months from the site, and I came back because I needed advice on why the heck I've been so hungry these last 15 or so pounds, even after adding an extra protein packet. It seems that I'm not the only one, so at least I'm "normal"! My guess is my body knows it's running out of its "reserves" and is telling me, "Ok, it's almost time to reintroduce those carbs!" Haha. Anyway I'm off topic. It's great to have you back!!!! Glad to see familiar faces AND so many new ones.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:29 AM   #148  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Hi everyone. I made it to 149.9! With clothes on at the coach's office and everything... I took a picture of the health-o-meter where the big number is on the "100". When I started, it said "200"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Good luck with your weigh in, like you I am running a race and getting a little tired, but can see the finish line and I am just getting ready to give it that extra burst. I really liked the grilled zucchini and asparagus this week, I like mixing it up but truth be told I miss my roasted broccoli... hoping to have a couple of good weeks of weighing in. Just to give me that little burst to the finish line.
I am breaking out the veggies and the grill this week and buckling down! Have you tried broccolini? It's a cross between chinese broccoli and broccoli is delicious! http://www.fruitsandveggiesmorematte.../?page_id=3007

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well...I didn't make it to the 140s this week. I weighed in at 150.2. Not going to complain though..because it's a loss, even when I was struggling this week
Waiting to hear back from this job is more stressful then I would have thought, but it's probably more of my life situation..then just the job, LOL.

Have a good week wonderful friends!
Hang in there! You are doing SO VERY WELL all things considered. If you can make it through weeks like this without gaining, you are truly learning life-long lessons for dealing with stress. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Pxlkitty, thanks so much for your advice and for sharing your experiences with the last 10 lbs. That's been happening to me, too. I still have a few who who have been supporting me since the beginning, and haven't had a word of negativity to say to me (I refer to them as my cheerleaders ), but there are the ones who keep saying "You don't even have 10lbs left to lose!" and "You're being unhealthy!" and "I think you're trying to lose too much!" I ignore those and just stick to hanging out with my "cheerleaders" for now!
I just discussed this whole subject with my coach. Her advice is to say "yes, I'm done" when people ask if I am done and then change the subject. She says that not many people will really notice the last little bit of weight. If they do, just say "I decided to lose a little more than I first planned." I'm going to try it. I'm sick of the negative comments about how I'm getting too skinny, etc. None of their business!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:34 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I sent my brother my before and after pictures tonight I think he is going to be shocked. He says he is proud of me and says he can tell the difference in me with my attitude. It is nice to have family that care. Have a great sunday night.
I admire you and the others that have been on so long, because I am only in my 7th week and am getting sick and tired of the same old food. I actually dreamed about Greek Yogurt last night. I think it was because the last commercial on TV was Jamie Lee advertising the new French & Greek style Activia. lol.
OK I saw that Kohlrabi at Wegmans, it was a small light green thing that looked sort of like a large garlic. So what do I do, just slice it thin and bake it?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:35 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 305/163/165

Hey Hey Everyone,

So I was away all last week on vacation with mom. She did IP with me (she's done it before) and she's going to try to lose another 10-15 lbs. She's so awesome! She asked me to be her little coach cause I'm so neurotic about following the plan.

I used the WF PB in a turkey stir fry last night (I needed something new so I searched and searched the recipe threads). Y-U-M...I was so excited to find something to use with that nasty PB...whenever I tried it I gagged HAHA.

Anyway, hope you all don't mind, I think I might make this thread my home. I've been watching most of you loose for the last four months so I hope that counts as experience.

Carla (another one!)
Closed Thread