Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Congrats Ash, Pxlkitty, Treena, Brandam you are doing so awesome... I can't wait... it feels right now that all the people that were on or started before and after me are all on maintenance or in phase 2 and 3... I congratulate you all but am a little jealous.. but just a little.

NSV - can wear size 7/8 now on some things.. I have NEVER worn that before... makes me happy...
Have a great day everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I can relate to feeling envious about all of those who are moving to other phases. I've been doing IP for 4 mos and it feel like I'll have 4 more to go! I should have started this in the winter when there are no good summer fruits to feel I'm missing out on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I'm still on Phase 1! I know it seems like a lot of people are moving on... I'm not, though. Still a while to go for me. I'm going to get this weight off NOW.

I feel like I've been doing the program forever. Aug 25th will be 6 months. I can't believe it's gone so slowly and so quickly, all at the same time!
I'm sorry, it was not my intent to cause any envy. You all will be with me soon! You guys have done so well. And I must admit I am a little envious of Pxlkitty and her seeing the 140's soon, almost makes me want to keep going. If only I wasn't going going to Vegas next week, I may have tried to get to the 140's with you.

I just hit my 6 month mark the other day. When I started this I only thought I would be doing this for 3-4 months tops. And I didn't really know where I would end up as far as weight. I am not sure that I really thought I would see it all the way through. I don't think that I would have, with out everyone on this forum. Whether anyone realized it or not, you guys were big motivators for me. It helped me so much to see all of you sticking to it, and struggling, and sharing SV's and NSV's. It really showed me that I could do it, too. I also knew that no one would understand how elated I was to move from Phase to Phase more than you guys. Thanks for everything.

I don't mean to be sappy (I can almost hear the music in the background, too bad we can't attach sound), I just wanted to say it.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i get to start phase 3 tomorrow. i am so excited/nervous! i'll let you guys know how i feel after the very first big breakfast!!
Congrats on moving onto Phase 3!!! Let us know how brekkie goes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Don't let phase 2 scare you. Having meat at 2 meals is really great- makes a huge difference. I feel like I will eat phase 2 like most of the time in the future, even after phasing off. I feel so good and have been eating phase 2 for about 2 months. I was just getting too hungry on phase 1 so my coach switched me to phase 2. I think I am at goal- my coach will weigh me on Monday and then I plan on doing phase 3, and then back to phase 2 with my cheat day each week. Definetely doable for me.
So happy for you that you're almost at goal Determined and I can't believe you spent 2 months in Phase 2- and liked it, no less- I was kind of the reverse... Way hungrier in Phase 2 than Phase 1... I'm loving the Phase 3 breakfast (now that I've had a whopping 3 of them ) so I think I'll try to stick close to Phase 3 when I'm in maintenance...

Quote:
I'm working on a Phase 3 breakfast document. Please feel free to move these recipes over to the table format if you have time. I have pasted a few empty tables here and there and will work on this as I have time. I will also work to create some new ones that have US ingredients. Some of these brands I don't recognize, but I'm sure I can find things that are close.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Thanks Pxlkitty!
Old 08-11-2011, 11:17 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
When I started this I only thought I would be doing this for 3-4 months tops. And I didn't really know where I would end up as far as weight. I am not sure that I really thought I would see it all the way through. I don't think that I would have, with out everyone on this forum. Whether anyone realized it or not, you guys were big motivators for me. It helped me so much to see all of you sticking to it, and struggling, and sharing SV's and NSV's. It really showed me that I could do it, too. I also knew that no one would understand how elated I was to move from Phase to Phase more than you guys. Thanks for everything.

I don't mean to be sappy (I can almost hear the music in the background, too bad we can't attach sound), I just wanted to say it.
This is a big DITTO from me- right down to the sappy music in the background... Thank you all... very happy to be where I am right now- and absolutely couldn't think of a better group to be heading into maintenance with...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:35 AM   #94  
IP started 4/25/11

S/C/G: 265/Seeticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well..I haven't disappeared. I'm still here, and with the ones of you nearing the end of our journeys. Personally I'm struggling. It's not the diet...though, I've struggled with that too because of it.

I don't think I've told the complete issues here, but most of you know that I am looking for a new job. I had an interview on Wednesday, that I don't feel I did the best on, because I need this job. I need this job, because it will allow me to be able to support my children with child support. Otherwise..I will be working at McDonalds, plus my nanny position..to just support me, and I'll have to leave them with their father.

I am up 2 pounds this week, and it's stress and off protocols fault. I'm on day 2 of being OP, and it amazes me how hard it is. The first time I didn't struggle at all, but I think that had a lot to do with Mind set. I was ready for this! And it was a blessing/gift. Now it's still a blessing and a gift, but I don't have the Mind set any more. So I'm working on it.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:01 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I've been much hungrier now that I'm close to goal, but I've also been A LOT more active, so I just attributed it to that. I've added a 4th packet on days that I work out or swim laps. My weight loss seems slower, but I also just noticed today that my size 8 shorts are loose! I also lost inches this past week, and I had to buy a new bra... Started at 40DD, just bought a 34DD. Woohoo!!! Talk about shrinking...
I've been a lot more active, too, and I'm sure that's a big part of it. My coach had me add an extra protein (before I started working out) because I was losing muscle, so then I had to add ANOTHER protein when I started working out. I think that's why I wonder why I'm still hungry, after eating so much! It sounds like it's a normal thing anyway, near the end. Congrats on your measurements, and being at 150! The only place to go from there is the 140s!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
I am starting maintenance today!! I am finishing 2 lbs over my goal. I think that the little bit of extra weight last week was the glycogen (sp?) stores coming back into my muscles, because it was still there this week. I was down a teeny tiny bit from last week. I am counting this week as a victory.

One thing I learned from Phase 3, is that even though I hate eating breakfast, I feel better all day when I do. I skipped it Sunday, and by the evening I felt tired and like I wanted to eat everything in the house. I guess they don't say "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" for nothing.

I finally remembered to go get blood drawn and have my thyroid re-checked. Losing 60 lbs has probably affected the dose of the Synthroid I should be taking. Should know in a couple of days. But I know there are alot of people on here that are hypothyroid, so don't forget to get it checked periodically as the weight is coming off.
----
Congrats to you! I was wondering where you went! I don't think anyone thinks you are giving up. I changed my goal weight from 140 to 150, and now I have settled into 152. It is a personal decision on when to stop, and ultimately, we are the ones that have to live with and maintain the weight that we choose. As long as you feel good that's what matters!

I got hungrier towards the end. I thought it was just me.
I've been on earth, promise! Haha. I stopped having time to get online for a while (I can only get online at work), and then when I was able to again, I just didn't. Thanks for the reassurance though, I really appreciate it! I only mentioned that I wasn't giving up because I didn't want anyone assuming I was complaining and ready to stop. My body is telling me that I'm really close, but I still have a bit left. We'll see if I need to get all the way to 125. I know that I have been 115 before, but that was from "poor dieting," I had obviously lost a lot of muscle, and gained all that weight back pretty quickly.

So you're on maintanence, huh?? Woohoo!! How inspiring! I'm still working my way towards phase 3, can't wait for those yummy breakfasts lol. Congrats!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST: Girl, I'm jealous you lost 71lbs in 5 or 6 months! Congrats on the 7/8's. Go you! You've gotten so far since you started!

Longdivision Hope you enjoyed your 1st Phase 3 breakfast today!! Let us know!
Old 08-12-2011, 09:50 AM   #96  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post
Well..I haven't disappeared. I'm still here, and with the ones of you nearing the end of our journeys. Personally I'm struggling. It's not the diet...though, I've struggled with that too because of it.

I don't think I've told the complete issues here, but most of you know that I am looking for a new job. I had an interview on Wednesday, that I don't feel I did the best on, because I need this job. I need this job, because it will allow me to be able to support my children with child support. Otherwise..I will be working at McDonalds, plus my nanny position..to just support me, and I'll have to leave them with their father.

I am up 2 pounds this week, and it's stress and off protocols fault. I'm on day 2 of being OP, and it amazes me how hard it is. The first time I didn't struggle at all, but I think that had a lot to do with Mind set. I was ready for this! And it was a blessing/gift. Now it's still a blessing and a gift, but I don't have the Mind set any more. So I'm working on it.
I hope you get the job, usually the ones where I think I interview bad I get an offer... hopefully it will be the same for you. Life really does suck some times, I took a day off this week to get away from life, the sad thing is it is still there biting you in the *** when you turn around. I have been stressing a little right now too and I don't think that is really helping me either. I really really hope everything works out for you as you have come so far and you are so strong to be going through what you are. It is a gift but sometimes it is just HARD! Here is to hearing you got the job, or if not that one the one you are meant to have.

Brandam - it wasn't all you, I think I am just envious of everyone getting so close to their goals and I just had to have a little... now I feel better, I am so proud of you all and I love hearing how the different phases are working. So please keep the news coming, I am living it through you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
I've been a lot more active, too, and I'm sure that's a big part of it. My coach had me add an extra protein (before I started working out) because I was losing muscle, so then I had to add ANOTHER protein when I started working out. I think that's why I wonder why I'm still hungry, after eating so much! It sounds like it's a normal thing anyway, near the end. Congrats on your measurements, and being at 150! The only place to go from there is the 140s!

I've been on earth, promise! Haha. I stopped having time to get online for a while (I can only get online at work), and then when I was able to again, I just didn't. Thanks for the reassurance though, I really appreciate it! I only mentioned that I wasn't giving up because I didn't want anyone assuming I was complaining and ready to stop. My body is telling me that I'm really close, but I still have a bit left. We'll see if I need to get all the way to 125. I know that I have been 115 before, but that was from "poor dieting," I had obviously lost a lot of muscle, and gained all that weight back pretty quickly.

So you're on maintanence, huh?? Woohoo!! How inspiring! I'm still working my way towards phase 3, can't wait for those yummy breakfasts lol. Congrats!!!

2RIDEROLLERCOAST: Girl, I'm jealous you lost 71lbs in 5 or 6 months! Congrats on the 7/8's. Go you! You've gotten so far since you started!

Longdivision Hope you enjoyed your 1st Phase 3 breakfast today!! Let us know!
Treena, we did miss you... I am glad you have done so well. I promise I won't be jealous for long, just one of those days... I am better now and I have to be I am wearing size 8 jeans with little purple detail down the legs and pockets with a purple T to match... How could a Friday start any better... am excited for you all and myself as I know this week I will see the 75 lost, and maybe a little more. Been doing good, no restricted and splenda extra drinks, no cauliflower or peppers or broccoli but will have to add extra next week like Jordanna suggested... can't wait. Have chicken marinating in hot sauce for tonight, Life is good so far today.
Old 08-12-2011, 11:01 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MInewgoal View Post

Minewgoal - over the past few months, you have inspired and provided support to so many people. I hope that you can find even a small part of that support back as you struggle through this difficult time!

So, after one week on phase 2 (and another 2 lbs down), my coach and I decided that I should move into phase 3. So today will be my first day on phase 3. funny thing is, last night I was so excited, wrote down my breakfast menus for the week...popped out and picked up some berries and yogurt. Now here I am, got up about 30 minutes ago and the idea of eating breakfast (instead of just drinking a shake) is really grossing me out. I wasn't a breakfast eater before (which was a major part of my weight problem) - so i REALLY have to get my head around this.
Hubby left early for work this morning...but I think he picked up on my excitement about breakfast last night, because he has left the toaster out, with the bread next to it and bowl of washed and prepped berries. what a doll!
Deciding to go to phase 3 was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There is no doubt in my mind that another 5 - 10lbs lost would probably be great, but I really like where I am at now (plus, I think that in all honesty, I'll always want to lose another 5lbs, even if I was at a perfect weight! My sisters are thin, but always seem to want to lose weight...I just don't want to be like that). I mentioned before that my face is starting to look a little gaunt, seems like I'm the only one who thinks so. But, I honestly don't think I'll be happy if I lose anymore.
thanks for letting me share....I'm going to venture back into the kitchen now and get me some eats!
Old 08-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #98  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brummie View Post
So, after one week on phase 2 (and another 2 lbs down), my coach and I decided that I should move into phase 3. So today will be my first day on phase 3. funny thing is, last night I was so excited, wrote down my breakfast menus for the week...popped out and picked up some berries and yogurt. Now here I am, got up about 30 minutes ago and the idea of eating breakfast (instead of just drinking a shake) is really grossing me out. I wasn't a breakfast eater before (which was a major part of my weight problem) - so i REALLY have to get my head around this.
Hubby left early for work this morning...but I think he picked up on my excitement about breakfast last night, because he has left the toaster out, with the bread next to it and bowl of washed and prepped berries. what a doll!
Deciding to go to phase 3 was a lot easier than I thought it would be. There is no doubt in my mind that another 5 - 10lbs lost would probably be great, but I really like where I am at now (plus, I think that in all honesty, I'll always want to lose another 5lbs, even if I was at a perfect weight! My sisters are thin, but always seem to want to lose weight...I just don't want to be like that). I mentioned before that my face is starting to look a little gaunt, seems like I'm the only one who thinks so. But, I honestly don't think I'll be happy if I lose anymore.
thanks for letting me share....I'm going to venture back into the kitchen now and get me some eats!
yay! we start phase 3 on the same day!!! congrats!!

ok, so this morning i weighed 144! this made me so happy because i lost ZERO weight in all of phase 2. and truth be told, until now, i had only lost 3 lbs in the last month. super frustrating! but 144 is one pound below my goal. i had been at 146.4 for the last 3 weeks. no fun. but now i am happy.

ok, so breakfast...
2 eggs
2 pieces of bread (found this awesome whole grain/low carb bread at Trader Joes. serving size is 2 slices, 50 cals per slice, 6 net carbs per slice!)
1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
.5 cup greek yogurt
.5 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2/3 cup whole strawberries

totals were:
500 calories
16.5g fat
58g protein
grain carbs - 18g (total, not net)
dairy carbs - 10.5g (total, not net)
fruit carbs - 13g (total, not net)

it took me an entire hour to eat all of that food. i was not a fan of the greek yogurt. it was very... bitter? sour? strong? anyhow, the strawberries didn't help because they are on the tart side as well. i have to find a way to make the yogurt taste better because it contains most of the protein, so i will need to eat it. maybe i'll add some splenda or S/F torani syrups next time.

anyhow, my tummy feels weird. like it's not sure what to do with all of this food that i just put in it. interesting...
Old 08-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 190/137/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
yay! we start phase 3 on the same day!!! congrats!!

ok, so this morning i weighed 144! this made me so happy because i lost ZERO weight in all of phase 2. and truth be told, until now, i had only lost 3 lbs in the last month. super frustrating! but 144 is one pound below my goal. i had been at 146.4 for the last 3 weeks. no fun. but now i am happy.

ok, so breakfast...
2 eggs
2 pieces of bread (found this awesome whole grain/low carb bread at Trader Joes. serving size is 2 slices, 50 cals per slice, 6 net carbs per slice!)
1 tbsp fat free cream cheese
.5 cup greek yogurt
.5 cup non-fat cottage cheese
2/3 cup whole strawberries

totals were:
500 calories
16.5g fat
58g protein
grain carbs - 18g (total, not net)
dairy carbs - 10.5g (total, not net)
fruit carbs - 13g (total, not net)

it took me an entire hour to eat all of that food. i was not a fan of the greek yogurt. it was very... bitter? sour? strong? anyhow, the strawberries didn't help because they are on the tart side as well. i have to find a way to make the yogurt taste better because it contains most of the protein, so i will need to eat it. maybe i'll add some splenda or S/F torani syrups next time.

anyhow, my tummy feels weird. like it's not sure what to do with all of this food that i just put in it. interesting...
Yay, I'm glad there are a few of us starting phase 3 at the same time!!
I didn't think I would be able to eat it all this morning, but I did it! I felt a little tummy upset during the drive to work, but I feel better now that I've had 3 glasses of water.
Here's what I had:
2 eggs (scrambled)
2 slices of whole wheat toast (I grind my own flour and make my own bread...I can't tell you how good it felt to finally be able to eat it again!)
1 cup of greek yogurt
3 strips of bacon
1 cup strawberries
1 Tbsp Peanut Butter

So I had eggs and bacon on one toast and peanut butter on the other.
The hardest part for me was the yogurt also, but I added the strawberries to it (and a dash of splenda) - it was still kinda gross, but I ate it.
I am going to make my own batch of yogurt tonite - this will be the first time I am using the greek yogurt as a starter - I was thinking of adding vanilla and splenda to it to sweeten it up a bit. I'll let you know how it goes. I love making my own yogurt.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Ugh! You poor thing, the greek yogurt tastes like sour cream if you don't add a couple bags of splenda or stevia to it. It'll make such a huge difference! I'm still on phase 2, but my girlfriend is on phase 4 and eats this stuff almost every day. I admit to maybe having tried a teaspoon of it the first time she got it. I can't remember what the ratio is. She has a full cup of it, and I think she adds 2 splenda and her fruit. When I'm on P3, I'm thinking about adding some strawberry or blueberry WF syrup to it, myself.

Better luck next time! Looks like you did a great job measuring everything, that's one thing I worry about when I eventually go to phases 3 and 4, is not measuring the portions of carbs, protein, fat, and calories properly! Congrats on the new small scale number, too. My guess about the weird tummy feeling is exactly what you said - it's probably thinking, "It's been so long... what do I do again??" Haha. We're retraining our bodies, after all!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #101  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Ugh! You poor thing, the greek yogurt tastes like sour cream if you don't add a couple bags of splenda or stevia to it. It'll make such a huge difference! I'm still on phase 2, but my girlfriend is on phase 4 and eats this stuff almost every day. I admit to maybe having tried a teaspoon of it the first time she got it. I can't remember what the ratio is. She has a full cup of it, and I think she adds 2 splenda and her fruit. When I'm on P3, I'm thinking about adding some strawberry or blueberry WF syrup to it, myself.

Better luck next time! Looks like you did a great job measuring everything, that's one thing I worry about when I eventually go to phases 3 and 4, is not measuring the portions of carbs, protein, fat, and calories properly! Congrats on the new small scale number, too. My guess about the weird tummy feeling is exactly what you said - it's probably thinking, "It's been so long... what do I do again??" Haha. We're retraining our bodies, after all!
yeah, i will have to try it again tomorrow with splenda. it seriously does taste like eating sour cream that has gone bad. yuck, yuck, yuck. i couldn't even eat it all. the bad part is that i have to eat it because i can't get much protein from anything else, being a vegetarian and all. sometimes my life would just be so much more easy if i ate meat!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #102  
On my last diet

S/C/G: 197.6/163.2/146

Height: 5'

I love greek yogurt with a packet of splenda and a bit of almond or vanilla extract. Then I top it with strawberries or raspberries. Or I will again when I get to that phase.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:03 PM   #103  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Brummie and LongDiv.... that is great news, I am glad you have each other starting at the same time.... Brummie, peanut butter that must taste really good... can't wait... That is the only thing I really miss... but I use to make everything with peanut butter... will have to re program my brain not to over due the peanut butter. Congrats and this is just so great for both of you. I have never had greek yogurt either, it is good to know it isn't very good.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:16 PM   #104  

I like Greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey, granola and blueberries (reason #872 why I'm a fat kid!)
Old 08-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #105  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Don't give up on Greek yogurt! There are some brands that are so much better than others. I like the Fage 0% a lot. It is super creamy and when I add my blueberries right to the yogurt it goes down great. I used to eat it with honey like Jordanna said, but I haven't since I went into maintenance. I have it just about every day in order to get enough protein.

Congrats on phase 3 (and 2!) to those of you transitioning! Enjoy the change in routine.
Closed Thread