Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:19 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

well..........just placed another order through Nashua.... as the prices and food is soo good. HOWEVER the shipping they charged me today was 28$ for 5 boxes. 4 boxes were honey nut cherrio style cereal.. and one oatmeal! wth? a couple of months ago I ordered 6 boxes one being protein bars MUCH heavier...and the shipping was 22$...... ??????????? top that off with each time it arrives Cda Post comes a calling to my front door requesting 12-15$ of customs fees well $$$$$ all that extra I may as well purchase a box of IP
I called and the woman could not figure it out, but 'will talk to the owner' was the best she could do... sorry JUST HAD TO VENT ...... sigh have a great day everyone
Old 08-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Back from my travels and glad to be home. It was definitely challenging, but I make it out unscathed! Jumped on the scale for a little peak and saw the most incredible #: 149.2. WAHOO! I am definitely (finally!) into the 140's and more than 1/2 through P1 AND less than 20# to goal. Gosh, that feels good!

I had a little a-ha moment this week while traveling. I was stuck in Atlanta airport for several hours and if you have even been there, it is like the best food court ever, on steroids. I was lamenting a little bit (and feeling a bit sorry for myself) over not being able to have a "junky" snack. I would have loved to have an ice cream Well, as I was walking around the terminal, I noticed that my jeans I was wearing were starting to feel lose, and I was feeling pretty good about myself and feeling skinny and confident and then I realized that it was BECAUSE I couldn't have the ice cream that I was feeling this good. If I wasn't on IP, I would have definitely indulged. And I wouldn't be as thin as I am and I wouldn't be wearing jeans that are getting too big for me. In fact, I would probably still be miserable because nothing in my closet would fit me because I was too big for them. I felt better after this revelation, and just wanted to share with you.

Oh- and someone called me skinny
Old 08-11-2011, 12:02 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Wowee, alot has happened since I was on here last week!

I am starting maintenance today!! I am finishing 2 lbs over my goal. I think that the little bit of extra weight last week was the glycogen (sp?) stores coming back into my muscles, because it was still there this week. I was down a teeny tiny bit from last week. I am counting this week as a victory.

One thing I learned from Phase 3, is that even though I hate eating breakfast, I feel better all day when I do. I skipped it Sunday, and by the evening I felt tired and like I wanted to eat everything in the house. I guess they don't say "breakfast is the most important meal of the day" for nothing.

I finally remembered to go get blood drawn and have my thyroid re-checked. Losing 60 lbs has probably affected the dose of the Synthroid I should be taking. Should know in a couple of days. But I know there are alot of people on here that are hypothyroid, so don't forget to get it checked periodically as the weight is coming off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ash825 View Post
First day of Phase 3 and, wowza, the breakfast is huge. I'm still stuffed. I miss my "latte" with coffee, ice and RTD vanilla. When does the bloated stuffed feeling go away?
Congrats on Phase 3!! I found I didn't feel so bloated if I ate cereal, yogurt and an apple. I was eating my version of an egg mcmuffin (with eggbeaters and a slice of cheese), and while it was yummy I felt bloated. I think I do better with cold breakfasts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Oh good, I'm so glad I found you! (The Experienced Thread). I'm back from a 2 or 3 month hiatus, but no worries, I've stayed OP and am on Phase 2 now, finally!!! I have a few questions though. I've been losing weight at such a slow rate lately, about 1.5lbs/week, AND I've been feeling like I'm starving myself. I haven't felt this hungry since the first few weeks! Is this normal when you're close to goal?

I'm just wondering if maybe my body is running out of its "fat preserves" and maybe 125 is too low for me? My lean mass has stayed between 107 and 108, so if I weighed 125, that would put my %fat in between 13 and 14%, which is low for a woman.

Note: I'm not giving up, and I'm not trying to make an excuse to phase off sooner. Not after working this hard for so long! I just hope you can all share your expertise with me.
Congrats to you! I was wondering where you went! I don't think anyone thinks you are giving up. I changed my goal weight from 140 to 150, and now I have settled into 152. It is a personal decision on when to stop, and ultimately, we are the ones that have to live with and maintain the weight that we choose. As long as you feel good that's what matters!

I got hungrier towards the end. I thought it was just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
This morning the scale said 150.0! I'm almost out of the dreaded 150s... YAY!
Woohoo!!
Old 08-11-2011, 01:52 PM   #79  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Thumbs up Happy Thursday

Been mad busy today, serves me right for taking yesterday off... just a little nuts here... It is nice to be missed but really...

Congrats Ash, Pxlkitty, Treena, Brandam you are doing so awesome... I can't wait... it feels right now that all the people that were on or started before and after me are all on maintenance or in phase 2 and 3... I congratulate you all but am a little jealous.. but just a little. I am bootcamping this week just to shake things up. On monday I had Blueberry/cran drink for breakfast and a spinach salad and peach mango/rasp jelly for lunch and I was just starved... for supper I had a nice catfish fillet... Finally found some good asparagus yesterday so that is my lunch today and maybe for supper too... can't decide... has anyone ever bbq'd Kohlrabi? I love bbq but it is mostly meat I do so kind of scared about grilling veg. Grilled some tuesday night in a pan, had zucchini and celery with Gyro Mediterainian dressing... it was okay but...tonight bbq turkey sliders for lettuce burgers can't wait. must be lunch time I am obsessing about food.
NSV - can wear size 7/8 now on some things.. I have NEVER worn that before... makes me happy...
Have a great day everyone.
Old 08-11-2011, 02:07 PM   #80  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Been mad busy today, serves me right for taking yesterday off... just a little nuts here... It is nice to be missed but really...

Congrats Ash, Pxlkitty, Treena, Brandam you are doing so awesome... I can't wait... it feels right now that all the people that were on or started before and after me are all on maintenance or in phase 2 and 3... I congratulate you all but am a little jealous.. but just a little. I am bootcamping this week just to shake things up. On monday I had Blueberry/cran drink for breakfast and a spinach salad and peach mango/rasp jelly for lunch and I was just starved... for supper I had a nice catfish fillet... Finally found some good asparagus yesterday so that is my lunch today and maybe for supper too... can't decide... has anyone ever bbq'd Kohlrabi? I love bbq but it is mostly meat I do so kind of scared about grilling veg. Grilled some tuesday night in a pan, had zucchini and celery with Gyro Mediterainian dressing... it was okay but...tonight bbq turkey sliders for lettuce burgers can't wait. must be lunch time I am obsessing about food.
NSV - can wear size 7/8 now on some things.. I have NEVER worn that before... makes me happy...
Have a great day everyone.
Congrats on the size 7/8s! I hope your day off was restful.
I can relate to feeling envious about all of those who are moving to other phases. I've been doing IP for 4 mos and it feel like I'll have 4 more to go! I should have started this in the winter when there are no good summer fruits to feel I'm missing out on
All of your food talk has me obsessing now too! Good luck with bootcamp. I hope it brings you a nice big loss next week!
Old 08-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Happy Thursday everyone!
I'm preparing today for camping this weekend. While we have an RV we're camping in a spot that doesn't have hookups for power/ water so I'm planning on Tuna, hard boiled eggs and things that can be BBQ'd
Congrats JennyDoodle on your ah- ha moment and hitting the 140's!!! It is totally worth it to forgo the ice cream and achieve your goals!
2Ride- You're doing great, I remember when I first started on here you were hovering around the 200 mark- and now you're looking to break into the 160's! And a size 7/ 8 already! I didn't hit that until I got closer to 150- so good for you Maintenance will be there before you know it and it will taste all the sweeter for how far you had to come...
Congrats BrandAm on Maintenance- I'll see you there shortly
Pxlkitty have you hit the 140's yet?? Fingers crossed for you!!
Old 08-11-2011, 07:05 PM   #82  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

i get to start phase 3 tomorrow. i am so excited/nervous! i'll let you guys know how i feel after the very first big breakfast!!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:09 PM   #83  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Congrats Ash, Pxlkitty, Treena, Brandam you are doing so awesome... I can't wait... it feels right now that all the people that were on or started before and after me are all on maintenance or in phase 2 and 3...
I'm still on Phase 1! I know it seems like a lot of people are moving on... I'm not, though. Still a while to go for me. I'm going to get this weight off NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M0vingon View Post
I can relate to feeling envious about all of those who are moving to other phases. I've been doing IP for 4 mos and it feel like I'll have 4 more to go!
I feel like I've been doing the program forever. Aug 25th will be 6 months. I can't believe it's gone so slowly and so quickly, all at the same time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Pxlkitty have you hit the 140's yet?? Fingers crossed for you!!
ALMOST! I will report back tomorrow morning. I ordered chinese for dinner, so I doubt I'll make it tomorrow because I will have sodium bloat. i don't care, though. They took enough blood from me today during my physical that I might weigh less just because I'm missing it!

2RIDE - your comment about donating blood to the mosquitoes made me laugh out loud. I wish you the best with boot camp.
Old 08-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
i get to start phase 3 tomorrow. i am so excited/nervous! i'll let you guys know how i feel after the very first big breakfast!!
EXITING! You better let us know
Old 08-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I dunno if I count as an old timer anymore but I have put about 8 months into IP between before my pregnancy and now

I enjoy this thread because it's not the same questions over and over again because no one takes a moment to read the sticky's before asking their questions

Anyway I hope you all don't mind if I crash this thread from now on...even though I've only been kicking aroun for a couple months!
Man, I totally agree with you Jordanna. There should be an experienced daily thread. Gets frustrating hearing the " I am so frustrated I only lost 10-15 pounds this month, what am I doing wrong" question. Can't imagine being unhappy with those losses
Old 08-11-2011, 09:41 PM   #86  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Man, I totally agree with you Jordanna. There should be an experienced daily thread. Gets frustrating hearing the " I am so frustrated I only lost 10-15 pounds this month, what am I doing wrong" question. Can't imagine being unhappy with those losses
You'll notice that I updated the opening of the daily thread to say "please read the sticky page"... not that anyone will, but at least I tried. Just hang out here with us. I don't know that we need it to be daily, but we can definitely make this one more active.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:51 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 212/196/160

Quote:
and Longdiv and Cap --

I hear the last 10 lbs are the hardest ever and you have to buckle down really hard on them... that just scares me... also phase 2 scares me... I know it can be done successfully but it is the unknown that is scary... I think you 3 are going to do great. You are all so skinny now... I just can't wait... have a great day.
Don't let phase 2 scare you. Having meat at 2 meals is really great- makes a huge difference. I feel like I will eat phase 2 like most of the time in the future, even after phasing off. I feel so good and have been eating phase 2 for about 2 months. I was just getting too hungry on phase 1 so my coach switched me to phase 2. I think I am at goal- my coach will weigh me on Monday and then I plan on doing phase 3, and then back to phase 2 with my cheat day each week. Definetely doable for me.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:14 PM   #88  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

I'm working on a Phase 3 breakfast document. Please feel free to move these recipes over to the table format if you have time. I have pasted a few empty tables here and there and will work on this as I have time. I will also work to create some new ones that have US ingredients. Some of these brands I don't recognize, but I'm sure I can find things that are close.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1.../edit?hl=en_US
Old 08-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #89  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Determinedat47 View Post
Don't let phase 2 scare you. Having meat at 2 meals is really great- makes a huge difference. I feel like I will eat phase 2 like most of the time in the future, even after phasing off. I feel so good and have been eating phase 2 for about 2 months. I was just getting too hungry on phase 1 so my coach switched me to phase 2. I think I am at goal- my coach will weigh me on Monday and then I plan on doing phase 3, and then back to phase 2 with my cheat day each week. Definetely doable for me.
I think the biggest thing about phase 2 is the second protein at lunch... I didn't use to eat a lot of meat usually once a day or every couple of days... so that will take a little to get use to... but I do have a plan, spinach salads with eggs and a tuna salad at work.. then at home who knows... I have been discussing my weight with my friend at work (our dogs kissed each other in beginner agility and the rest is history) as my "new" coach thinks I might be at my body weight now... I always thought of her as skinny but she says when she isn't pregnant and toned she is in the 160s but she is also a couple inches taller then me. I just don't think I am there yet, as I still have spots that are still big... I keep saying I will know when I get there, I sure hope I do know... Have a great night.

Linden if you are around.. my friend doesn't know what her dog is... she has to ask her husband, she thinns cockapoo... but not sure...
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
YAY! Congrats!
Closed Thread