Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 12:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Today I had Greek yogurt, raspberries, granola mixed together and 2 hardboiled eggs. I...am...full... Wow. That is a lot of food to intake when you're used to having a vanilla rtd for breakfast. But it was delicious!
Sorry to hear about your spinning troubles Losingforgood- hopefully upping the protein/ calorie count will help out...
Good luck JennyDoodle with your time away- I know what you mean about not breaking routine; it's almost unbearable to be away right now because it seems so chaotic when I go...
Old 08-09-2011, 12:32 PM   #62  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
thanks for your reply. Well ths 'spinning ' episode lasted a good 2 hrs approx... i have sent you a private msg with more details, but it was about 1 c of egg whites and 1 whole egg thrown in and scrambled...total protein for the day was around 68 ish........ calories probably way too low @ 447
When is your appointment? If you have another bout, you should probably get checked out sooner rather than later. Why wait? And be especially careful driving. If you start to 'spin', try to pull over and wait it out.

Take care of yourself. I'm sure it is probably nothing, but don't take chances.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:39 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
When is your appointment? If you have another bout, you should probably get checked out sooner rather than later. Why wait? And be especially careful driving. If you start to 'spin', try to pull over and wait it out.

Take care of yourself. I'm sure it is probably nothing, but don't take chances.
OMG as always, you all are so amazing... seriously. Thank you to all suggestions... tho I have lost a lot of weight, I always seemed to be at a low cal intake. I did not have a coach... learned some details in the beginning from a woman who did this and had success, then found this website...so obviously i am maybe, still missing out on something? amazing after all this time, and it probably explains why i stall out so many times. I will try for one - two days adding an extra packet (unrestricted) to up the protein and calories and see what happens....... maybe for a 10 am snack as I eat b.fast at 7am....yes, for a while now........ been light headed, and not 'sharp'... like I said, when I drive there are times i almost feel like I am driving under the influence...is the only way to explain it.. NOT good. One of my co workers said to take B12... adding it onto all the other supps I am taking..apparently it helps in the creation / maintenance of red blood cells. Dr appt is on the 19th... I am sure she will order new blood work again. I am sure its not IP's fault per se.......it is probably my fault, as I might be 'missing a step' in this whole program. But thank you thank you to all........ i mean that dearly.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 PM   #64  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
good morning all,
I have a blood pressure question for you... thus NOT posting this on the 'newbie thread'. I have been following the 'plan' for one year now... upon some routine blood work at the doc's office about 2 mths ago, i rx'd a letter in the mail from her, telling me I am missing iron in my blood, and named a supp that I was to go pick up, take each day for 6 mths and we will check the blood again. It so happens that I have my annual check up on the 19th of this month and I am glad, because last night, my head started to spin... after eating supper, (eat whites, and cucumbers)...not after any kind of exertion. by the time I got to bed, it was spinning so fast, I felt like i was on a carnival ride, or just drank a bottle of wine. It was scary. I slept for bout 2 hrs, got up slowly and took my pressure. 3x......... averaged out to be 95/63.... too low in my opinion. Same this morning...... did some research on the net and found this: Lack of nutrients in your diet. A lack of the vitamins B-12 and folate can cause anemia, a condition in which your body doesn't produce enough red blood cells, causing low blood pressure.
I am hoping against hope that because of the duration I have been following this plan WHICH btw I love !!! that it has not upset my bloodwork... I dont know if anyone else has experienced this, or is in the health field and can explain this? just thought I would throw this out there... having liver and spinach for supper for sure... have a great day everyone.
Mine has registered at 90/60 before... I dump salt in my hand and lick it off when I feel lightheaded. I also add an additional potassium pill (dr said that was ok) on those days, and continue for a few days afterwards. I also take a Stress B (from Whole Foods) everyday... And make sure you're getting in all your Omega-3s!

Talk to the doctor, though. See if there is anything else he wants you to do.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:55 PM   #65  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Mine has registered at 90/60 before... I dump salt in my hand and lick it off when I feel lightheaded. I also add an additional potassium pill (dr said that was ok) on those days, and continue for a few days afterwards. I also take a Stress B (from Whole Foods) everyday... And make sure you're getting in all your Omega-3s!

Talk to the doctor, though. See if there is anything else he wants you to do.
Thank you when doing eggs for supper, I will add an extra one as well...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #66  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
Today I had Greek yogurt, raspberries, granola mixed together and 2 hardboiled eggs. I...am...full... Wow. That is a lot of food to intake when you're used to having a vanilla rtd for breakfast. But it was delicious!
Congratulations on Phase 3!!! Wow. That sounds like a lot of food. I can't wait!!! I stare at the yoghurt in my fridge.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 08-09-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 PM   #67  

A good weigh-in today at the gym... down 5 lbs. from last Tuesday... the only thing different about my trainer's diet & what I was doing before is the 2 little servings of fruit & an occasional yogurt... so, it feels good that I'm still pretty much on IP protocol, even if it does feel like Phase Two & a Half... I'm happy with it so far... my trainer was impressed...

hugs to all...
Old 08-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Losingforgood, It probably is B12. I was on an extended family vaca last summer and one night we all walked down to the beach, which was pitch black out. My SIL is a doctor and my BIL is an anestesiologist. Well, I kept falling down (and hadn't had any alcohol) and it took my husband and BIL to get me back to the condo and I told BIL that I sometimes walk crooked at night like I was drinking. He said it is neurological. So, got home and talked with doc and she covered my eyes while I was standing and I couldn't balance. She explained it doesnt happen when there is light, because my eye sight compensated. My blood test showed very low B12, which is essential for the nerve sheath. So, it was a simple inexpensive cure! Good Luck to you.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:59 AM   #69  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellamack View Post
Losingforgood, It probably is B12. I was on an extended family vaca last summer and one night we all walked down to the beach, which was pitch black out. My SIL is a doctor and my BIL is an anestesiologist. Well, I kept falling down (and hadn't had any alcohol) and it took my husband and BIL to get me back to the condo and I told BIL that I sometimes walk crooked at night like I was drinking. He said it is neurological. So, got home and talked with doc and she covered my eyes while I was standing and I couldn't balance. She explained it doesnt happen when there is light, because my eye sight compensated. My blood test showed very low B12, which is essential for the nerve sheath. So, it was a simple inexpensive cure! Good Luck to you.
wow thank you for that! Yes the other day, I was off balance at home 'all of a sudden'.........so after all the very helpful info I got off of this site yesterday, I upped my food intake as my calories have always been too low on this plan, and purchased some B12... I am feeling much better and went down 1 lb from yesterday...... Just goes to show you that no matter how long you are on this plan and on this site, you will ALWAYS keep learning... what a wealth of info we have here. Thanks everyone! Will still make sure to get that blood work done end of next week tho
Old 08-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #70  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

First day of Phase 3 and, wowza, the breakfast is huge. I'm still stuffed. I miss my "latte" with coffee, ice and RTD vanilla. When does the bloated stuffed feeling go away?
Old 08-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 185/tkr/125 (IP since 3/20/11)

Height: 5'3"

Oh good, I'm so glad I found you! (The Experienced Thread). I'm back from a 2 or 3 month hiatus, but no worries, I've stayed OP and am on Phase 2 now, finally!!! I have a few questions though. I've been losing weight at such a slow rate lately, about 1.5lbs/week, AND I've been feeling like I'm starving myself. I haven't felt this hungry since the first few weeks! Is this normal when you're close to goal?

I'm just wondering if maybe my body is running out of its "fat preserves" and maybe 125 is too low for me? My lean mass has stayed between 107 and 108, so if I weighed 125, that would put my %fat in between 13 and 14%, which is low for a woman.

Note: I'm not giving up, and I'm not trying to make an excuse to phase off sooner. Not after working this hard for so long! I just hope you can all share your expertise with me.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:08 PM   #72  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
Oh good, I'm so glad I found you! (The Experienced Thread). I'm back from a 2 or 3 month hiatus, but no worries, I've stayed OP and am on Phase 2 now, finally!!! I have a few questions though. I've been losing weight at such a slow rate lately, about 1.5lbs/week, AND I've been feeling like I'm starving myself. I haven't felt this hungry since the first few weeks! Is this normal when you're close to goal?

I'm just wondering if maybe my body is running out of its "fat preserves" and maybe 125 is too low for me? My lean mass has stayed between 107 and 108, so if I weighed 125, that would put my %fat in between 13 and 14%, which is low for a woman.

Note: I'm not giving up, and I'm not trying to make an excuse to phase off sooner. Not after working this hard for so long! I just hope you can all share your expertise with me.
I've been much hungrier now that I'm close to goal, but I've also been A LOT more active, so I just attributed it to that. I've added a 4th packet on days that I work out or swim laps. My weight loss seems slower, but I also just noticed today that my size 8 shorts are loose! I also lost inches this past week, and I had to buy a new bra... Started at 40DD, just bought a 34DD. Woohoo!!! Talk about shrinking...
Old 08-10-2011, 07:45 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
I've been much hungrier now that I'm close to goal, but I've also been A LOT more active, so I just attributed it to that. I've added a 4th packet on days that I work out or swim laps. My weight loss seems slower, but I also just noticed today that my size 8 shorts are loose! I also lost inches this past week, and I had to buy a new bra... Started at 40DD, just bought a 34DD. Woohoo!!! Talk about shrinking...
Woohoo! Your stats are so similar to mine! I can hardly wait to get close to goal. I am debating going to 145 also! I just want to maintain my goal weight!
Old 08-10-2011, 08:37 PM   #74  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandyh50 View Post
Woohoo! Your stats are so similar to mine! I can hardly wait to get close to goal. I am debating going to 145 also! I just want to maintain my goal weight!
Wow. We started within a pound of each other and we're the same height.

I think 145 is going to be the right number for me... I am 151.0 right now, and feel pretty firm except for a few trouble spots. I definitely need to build muscle too, so I'm hoping to level out around 10lbs more of fat gone, and 5lbs muscle built. We'll see... Keep it up. You'll be there before you know it!
Old 08-11-2011, 08:18 AM   #75  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

This morning the scale said 150.0! I'm almost out of the dreaded 150s... YAY!
Closed Thread